Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Wyldsong
@Noobasaurus_Rex said:
" Lowballing Manhattan again, huh?  Manhattan absolutely demolishes Superman. He has a wider array of powers, and is much more powerful than Superman on the grand scale of power. "
No, just putting Manhattans power set in perspective for the uninformed masses.  Stalemate is the best you can hope to argue for here. 

Now, go ahead and blow Manhattan out of proportion as you are want to do.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#203  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Wyldsong said:
" @Noobasaurus_Rex said:
" Lowballing Manhattan again, huh?  Manhattan absolutely demolishes Superman. He has a wider array of powers, and is much more powerful than Superman on the grand scale of power. "
No, just putting Manhattans power set in perspective for the uninformed masses.  Stalemate is the best you can hope to argue for here.  Now, go ahead and blow Manhattan out of proportion as you are want to do. "

please dont tell him that it will be the galactus thread all over again lol,
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204  Edited By Hellos
@grimlock said:
"@JediXMan: if manhattan can easily manipulate metals and structure them the way he wants cant he do the same to the man of steel? "

It's a nickname, he's not actually made of steel.

Because Manhattan has yet to do anything impressive enough to imply he can.  
He busts a bunch of no durability normal folks who can't defend themselves or a tank. His feats involve teleportation and reforming himself, outside that we don't have an inkling that he's going to be making superman explode with a thought. 

@Noobasaurus_Rex
said:
"Lowballing Manhattan again, huh? "

Not so much lowballing, the guy doesn't have the feats to say he will wipe Clark out with a thought.  
Truth hurts.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By theiconic

supes wins   he  flies around the earth  reversing time   and stops doc M  from  getting his powers lol

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By difficlus
@theiconic said:
" supes wins   he  flies around the earth  reversing time   and stops doc M  from  getting his powers lol "
lol...
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Hellos
@theiconic said:
"supes wins   he  flies around the earth  reversing time   and stops doc M  from  getting his powers lol "

I don't think Modern Superman has ever done that, Reeve Superman could do that though.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Wyldsong
@god_spawn said:
" @Wyldsong said:
" @Noobasaurus_Rex said:
No, just putting Manhattans power set in perspective for the uninformed masses.  Stalemate is the best you can hope to argue for here.  Now, go ahead and blow Manhattan out of proportion as you are want to do. "
please dont tell him that it will be the galactus thread all over again lol, "
Lol...too true=)
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#209  Edited By mavfan626

Dr. Manhattan would win in my opinion. 

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By difficlus
@mavfan626 said:
" Dr. Manhattan would win in my opinion.  "
mind if i ask why and how?
Daydream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Daydream

How is the blue dude supposed to get killed by the dude in blue?

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By difficlus
@Daydream said:
"  How is the blue dude supposed to get killed by the dude in blue? "
its probably gonna be a stalemate...
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By mavfan626
@difficlus said:
" @mavfan626 said:
mind if i ask why and how? "
Meh I just think Dr. Manhattan has stronger powers, from what I've seen in the movie.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By difficlus
@mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:
Meh I just think Dr. Manhattan has stronger powers, from what I've seen in the movie. "
they are a little impressive but most people in comics would look like that if they existed in a world like watchmen too...current superman would along with major members of the justice league...and to be honest manhattan wasn't even that impressive...
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By mavfan626
@difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:
Meh I just think Dr. Manhattan has stronger powers, from what I've seen in the movie. "
they are a little impressive but most people in comics would look like that if they existed in a world like watchmen too...current superman would along with major members of the justice league...and to be honest manhattan wasn't even that impressive... "
I think bring in more then one place at once (even other planets) is better then Super Speed, he created Air on Mars. Also it was stated he possibly could have turned a gun to steam, bullets to mercury, and a bottle to snowflakes.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By difficlus
@mavfan626 said:
" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:
they are a little impressive but most people in comics would look like that if they existed in a world like watchmen too...current superman would along with major members of the justice league...and to be honest manhattan wasn't even that impressive... "
I think bring in more then one place at once (even other planets) is better then Super Speed, he created Air on Mars. Also it was stated he possibly could have turned a gun to steam, bullets to mercury, and a bottle to snowflakes. "
and people like superman can blow out a sun with their breathe and destory a planet with their sneeze  and turn coal into diamond, its all a matter of perception, if Manhattan went to DC or Marvel he would get stomped by people like Thanos and Darkseid all the time.  in Watcmen he looks like a god.
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By mavfan626
@difficlus said:
" @mavfan626 said:
" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:
I think bring in more then one place at once (even other planets) is better then Super Speed, he created Air on Mars. Also it was stated he possibly could have turned a gun to steam, bullets to mercury, and a bottle to snowflakes. "
and people like superman can blow out a sun with their breathe and destory a planet with their sneeze  and turn coal into diamond, its all a matter of perception, if Manhattan went to DC or Marvel he would get stomped by people like Thanos and Darkseid all the time.  in Watcmen he looks like a god. "
I haven't seen Superman do anything like that to a sun or a planet (or even stat that he could do that), Dr. Manhattan could more then likely turn coal into diamond easier then Superman.  
Avatar image for xx_dreaming_celestial_xx
Xx_Dreaming_Celestial_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spite in Dr.Manhattans 

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By difficlus
@mavfan626 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @mavfan626 said:
" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:
and people like superman can blow out a sun with their breathe and destory a planet with their sneeze  and turn coal into diamond, its all a matter of perception, if Manhattan went to DC or Marvel he would get stomped by people like Thanos and Darkseid all the time.  in Watcmen he looks like a god. "
I haven't seen Superman do anything like that to a sun or a planet (or even stat that he could do that), Dr. Manhattan could more then likely turn coal into diamond easier then Superman.   "
true superman has only ever said he can do that, while Comedian only said Manhattan can do that. i still stand by my point, its a matter of perception. and as for manhattan changing it easier idk, it would be effortless for both of them. and besides superman is not immune to matter manipulation so manhattan trying to blow him up won't work. He has done nothing superman can't handle.
Avatar image for xx_dreaming_celestial_xx
Xx_Dreaming_Celestial_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when has superman been shown to be immune to matter manipulation

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By difficlus
@Xx_Dreaming_Celestial_xX said:
" when has superman been shown to be immune to matter manipulation "
since ever...
mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By mavfan626
@difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:
" @mavfan626 said:
" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:
I haven't seen Superman do anything like that to a sun or a planet (or even stat that he could do that), Dr. Manhattan could more then likely turn coal into diamond easier then Superman.   "
true superman has only ever said he can do that, while Comedian only said Manhattan can do that. i still stand by my point, its a matter of perception. and as for manhattan changing it easier idk, it would be effortless for both of them. and besides superman is not immune to matter manipulation so manhattan trying to blow him up won't work. He has done nothing superman can't handle. "
hmm.. I want to see proof of Superman saying he can blow out the sun or destroy a planet with a sneeze. I really can't see what Superman could do to Dr. Manhattan seeing how he can bring himself back from nothing and in perfect health, if they had a fight to the death Superman would maybe run out of power (over whatever number of years or decades they fight for).
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By difficlus
@mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:

" @mavfan626 said:

" @difficlus said:

"
true superman has only ever said he can do that, while Comedian only said Manhattan can do that. i still stand by my point, its a matter of perception. and as for manhattan changing it easier idk, it would be effortless for both of them. and besides superman is not immune to matter manipulation so manhattan trying to blow him up won't work. He has done nothing superman can't handle. "
hmm.. I want to see proof of Superman saying he can blow out the sun or destroy a planet with a sneeze. I really can't see what Superman could do to Dr. Manhattan seeing how he can bring himself back from nothing and in perfect health, if they had a fight to the death Superman would maybe run out of power (over whatever number of years or decades they fight for). "
I never said superman would win, nor did i say doctor manhattan, this is a stalemate. Neither can harm the other... 
ugh as for evidence i can't find the scan right now but will put it up as soon as i can. 
EDIT: i can only see one of them 
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By sentryssj4

Manhattan just turns supes's costume and the city into kryptonite hahaha

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By difficlus
@sentryssj4 said:
" Manhattan just turns supes's costume and the city into kryptonite hahaha "
how would he know what kryptonite is?
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By sentryssj4

@difficlus said:

" @sentryssj4 said:

how would he know what kryptonite is? "
he just does hes crazy like that hahaha 
i mean the guy has like overwhelming intelligence and cosmic awareness im pretty sure he would no what a rock is
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By difficlus
@sentryssj4 said:
"   @difficlus said:

" @sentryssj4 said:

he just does hes crazy like that hahaha i mean the guy has like overwhelming intelligence and cosmic awareness im pretty sure he would no what a rock is "
? and since when did he show cosmic awareness?
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By sentryssj4
 @difficlus said:
" @sentryssj4 said:
"   @difficlus said:

" @sentryssj4 said:

he just does hes crazy like that hahaha i mean the guy has like overwhelming intelligence and cosmic awareness im pretty sure he would no what a rock is "
? and since when did he show cosmic awareness? "
dude im just going by what it says on comicvine ive never seen it either
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By difficlus
@sentryssj4 said:
"  @difficlus said:
" @sentryssj4 said:
"   @difficlus said:

" @sentryssj4 said:

dude im just going by what it says on comicvine ive never seen it either "
lol ok then.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By sentryssj4
@difficlus said:
" @sentryssj4 said:
"  @difficlus said:
" @sentryssj4 said:
"   @difficlus said:

" @sentryssj4 said:

dude im just going by what it says on comicvine ive never seen it either "
lol ok then. "
plus i just wrote it because i thought it would be fah - king hilarious 
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Wyldsong
@difficlus said:
" @sentryssj4 said:
"   @difficlus said:

" @sentryssj4 said:

He has never shown cosmic awareness.  Not even the most outlandish fan generated sites have even claimed this that I have seen. 

Please, if he has cosmic awareness, back up the statement with proof from the books, don't just throw baseless claims out there, it does nothing to further the discussion. 

Manhattan is not all knowing, and even if he knew about kryptonite, there is nothing showing he can just produce it from nothing without ever having seen it nor even knowing its structure.  He doesn't just automatically know what it is and how to make it just because he is facing Superman.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By sentryssj4
@Wyldsong said:

" @difficlus said:

" @sentryssj4 said:
"   @difficlus said:

" @sentryssj4 said:

He has never shown cosmic awareness.  Not even the most outlandish fan generated sites have even claimed this that I have seen.  Please, if he has cosmic awareness, back up the statement with proof from the books, don't just throw baseless claims out there, it does nothing to further the discussion.  Manhattan is not all knowing, and even if he knew about kryptonite, there is nothing showing he can just produce it from nothing without ever having seen it nor even knowing its structure.  He doesn't just automatically know what it is and how to make it just because he is facing Superman. "
wo calm down man just read my last few post haha
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Wyldsong
@mavfan626 said:
" @difficlus said:
" @mavfan626 said:

Man oh man...the movie argument.  The movie version isn't much more impressive than the comic version, and besides, unless stated it is the movie version, then generally the comic version is being argued.  Even so, the movie version again doesn't bring much more to the table than the comic version.  Stalemate all around.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Wyldsong
@sentryssj4 said:

wo calm down man just read my last few post haha "

That wasn't an attack=P 

I am completely calm, just asking for peeps to back up their statements facts is all=) 

As for his comicvine bio, it should be updated a little more now, with closer to factual information on the character.  Now, the powers and battle rankings portion still attributes stuff to him he has never shown.  Honestly, I would be wary of trusting that portion of character bios for any of the characters. 

@Xx_Dreaming_Celestial_xX said: 
" when has superman been shown to be immune to matter manipulation "

Alright, and to add a thought here, I have done some research, and from what I can see, the following should be cannon.  If there are inconsistencies, problems, or falsehoods, please present them to me, because I don't have the actual issues to work with here.  This is just stuff I dug up looking around on the net: 

Superman defeated Blaze in Hell, who had complete control of the realm, and one of her attacks included trying to transmute Superman into a demon (transmutation and molecular control), who was able to resist through sheer willpower. 

In Superman Man of Steel #30, he tanked a "force twelve disintegration beam" from a ship the size of a small moon with seemingly no effects at all. 

And from accounts I have read, he has also tanked and survived an omega beam/effect from Darkseid, which reportedly can disintegrate, transmute, so forth and so on. 

I would say all of this alone states he is immune, or highly resistant to such attacks.  I don't see Manhattan doing much to Supes when it looks like Superman has faced his type of attacks before and survived.  Stalemate.
Aloxamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Aloxamax

I've read all the pages and quotes and people says that there is no facts about Doc powers, but there are facts: he said and showed us that he has control over the constitution of an atom (like turning air into gold) he can change the number of electrons and nucleons in it + it has been proved that he is able to break the laws of physics (it is present in his very basic description) if you combine the two ''powers'' you have a being with full control of the universe, he can do anything.....take supe's powers, teleport him to the core of a red sun, vaporize him......or turning him into ICE CREAM (or turn the tachyon machine into a teddy bear)!!! The only one who can match or beat him is dark phoenix (i think).

Hangar_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Hangar_18

How this fight will go 

Superman - Gee Dr. Manhattan i know you can see the future and can become intangible. I also know you can turn my molecules into jelly with just a gesture. Hell you can even read my mind and turn my blood into kryptonite, i mean i know you can just create the kryptonite from nothing but turning my blood into kryptonite just sounds cool. But can you please just stand there and let me beat you up? 

Dr. Manhattan - No *kills superman* 

i swear to kids sure do love your superman

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By MKF30

Stalemate IMO

superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By superdemon
@Hangar_18 said:
" How this fight will go  Superman - Gee Dr. Manhattan i know you can see the future and can become intangible. I also know you can turn my molecules into jelly with just a gesture. Hell you can even read my mind and turn my blood into kryptonite, i mean i know you can just create the kryptonite from nothing but turning my blood into kryptonite just sounds cool. But can you please just stand there and let me beat you up?  Dr. Manhattan - No *kills superman*  i swear to kids sure do love your superman "
lol
Hangar_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Hangar_18

Man, people on this site are delusional. Superman is not immune/resistant to matter manipulation. If i have to read one more post talking about superman resisting king demon bug faces matter manipulation, i'm going to punch a baby in the mouth. Anyone with eyes can see that supermans body was turned into a demon while fighting the urge to have his MIND turned into a mindless demon. It;s amazing how some people twist things. This fight is completely preposterous. Dr. Manhatten would turn every molecule in supermans body to sweet and sour sauce. 

No Caption Provided

Dr. M is going to do that to supermans face, except it will a whole lot messier 
lllkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By lllkill

Dr.  M eats superman alive.... how can this even be argued 12 pages.  Doc operates on a whole nother molecular level.

deathlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By deathlife

LOL

Some of the arguments here that Superman is immune to molecular manipulation is hilarious.

If he was guys like Mr Mxyptlk and Allen Adam (Final Crisis) wouldn't have been able to do anything to him.

Dr Manhattan turns Superman into water.

THE END.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Hoboseid

@theseventhyear said:

"Dr. Manhattan would win. In the graphic novel and movie, the only thing tachyons can do to Manhattan is affect his ability to see the future. Big deal.  "

Stalemate is the best Superman can hope for, more likely Manhattan wins

@Gambler said:

". But as for the first, Superman deals with Kryptonian tech daily. I don't think creating Tachyon Generators would be much effort for him at all. In I personally believe he could come up with something more advance and just as effective. "

Your fan wankery is ridiculous

Manhattan still wins

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Wyldsong
@Hoboseid said:
"

@theseventhyear said:

"Dr. Manhattan would win. In the graphic novel and movie, the only thing tachyons can do to Manhattan is affect his ability to see the future. Big deal.  "

Stalemate is the best Superman can hope for, more likely Manhattan wins

@Gambler said:

". But as for the first, Superman deals with Kryptonian tech daily. I don't think creating Tachyon Generators would be much effort for him at all. In I personally believe he could come up with something more advance and just as effective. "

Your fan wankery is ridiculous

Manhattan still wins

"
Will this thread ever die? Stalemate is still the best that can be argued here kiddos.
Barring the fact that Manhattan still has to even aim, and has never been shown to actually be able to affect the molecules of a living being other than disintegration, and Supes has tanked the omega effect, which can transmute, disintegrate and so forth...big blue phases, he can't hurt Supes and Supes can't hurt him.  End of story.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#244  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Let this thread die, people.

It ends in a stalemate. Deal with it.

Nayias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Nayias
@Vance Astro said:

" Manhattan.Easily. "

He never fought anyone Superman level before, I think that's why there's a debate but I don't think Dr M loses

@Gambler said:

"I agree with the second part of your post. But as for the first, Superman deals with Kryptonian tech daily. I don't think creating Tachyon Generators would be much effort for him at all. In I personally believe he could come up with something more advance and just as effective. "

I don't see how Superman wins, claims of uber levels of Batman/Kang intelligence just seem a bit fanboyish to me, I never felt Superman was this clever....but for your argument lets say he is and has prep time.. Even with the tachyon machine I don't think Ozy had any way to kill Manhattan
eliah_stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By eliah_stark

Tachyon machine is just a hindrance to Manhattan's precog thingy... he cud still deconstruct Supes ol'man.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#247  Edited By AssertingValor

DrM............................
AzzaOJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By AzzaOJ

spite CS

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Wyldsong
@Wyldsong said:
"Will this thread ever die? Stalemate is still the best that can be argued here kiddos.Barring the fact that Manhattan still has to even aim, and has never been shown to actually be able to affect the molecules of a living being other than disintegration, and Supes has tanked the omega effect, which can transmute, disintegrate and so forth...big blue phases, he can't hurt Supes and Supes can't hurt him.  End of story.
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
Let this thread die, people.It ends in a stalemate. Deal with it.
No Superman wins. Manhattan has no feats its been established. Superman can smash thru realities and accomplish impossible feats that have nothing to do with his power set. Superman would win.