Dr. Manhattan Vs. Silver Surfer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sypdermun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sypdermun

Manhattan wins

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

@isaac_clarke: LOL. And yeah done ten times too many.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@sypdermun said:

Manhattan wins

Wrong. Norrin stomps.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@isaac_clarke: AMAZING POST .

sypdermun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sypdermun

@isaac_clarke:

Manhattan is Omnipotent. Surfer isn't.

Manhattan stomps.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

Surfer wipes out everyone in Watchmen including Manhattan at the same time without much effort.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@sypdermun said:

@isaac_clarke:

Manhattan stomps.

Prove that Manhattan is "Omnipotent". Infact, what is your definition of "Omnipotence" in the Watchmen universe?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@sypdermun said:

@isaac_clarke:

Manhattan is Omnipotent.

I'm ending this with two words: 

Prove it. 

And you had better not say "supposedly" or "in theory." Use solid feats to back it up.
Labyrinth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Labyrinth

@JediXMan said:

@sypdermun said:

@isaac_clarke:

Manhattan is Omnipotent.

I'm ending this with two words: Prove it. And you had better not say "supposedly" or "in theory." Use solid feats to back it up.

Now, now. You and I both know that's impossible.

Any battle thread involving Dr. Manhattan is going to involve heavy speculation, since his feats are...limited.

I, for one, believe that Dr. Manhattan would not be too troubled by the likes of the Silver Surfer.

And I have absolutely nothing to back that up with! :P

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Killemall

@sypdermun said:

@isaac_clarke:

Manhattan stomps.

Based on what exactly??He did admit he couldnt stop all the missiles, if he were he could right??

@JediXMan said:

@sypdermun said:

@isaac_clarke:

Manhattan is Omnipotent.

I'm ending this with two words: Prove it. And you had better not say "supposedly" or "in theory." Use solid feats to back it up.

and that :)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Labyrinth said:

@JediXMan said:

@sypdermun said:

@isaac_clarke:

Manhattan is Omnipotent.

Now, now. You and I both know that's impossible.

Any battle thread involving Dr. Manhattan is going to involve heavy speculation, since his feats are...limited.

I, for one, believe that Dr. Manhattan would not be too troubled by the likes of the Silver Surfer.

And I have absolutely nothing to back that up with! :P

Exactly! No feats, and there's nothing Manhattan can do that Surfer can't do better.
sypdermun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sypdermun

Um... Dr. Manhattan can manipulate EM through direct photon control. He's precognitive in the fashion that he's living every moment of his life at the same time. He's capable of teleportation with limitless range. Manipulating and controlling time, again through particle manipulation, reversing or speeding particle motion and speeding or reversing time as percieved by others. He's completely invulnerable in the fact that you can destroy every single particle in his body and his consciousness can recreate it instantly. Or simply prevent it happening in the first place because he's already aware of it having happened. He's capable of utter intangibility by again, manipulating particles not interact with others. There are no forms of energy he cannot control.

The Surfer has no in here, every single thing he can do, Dr. Manhattan can do better, faster, and already knowing the outcome. Surfer can destroy a planet, Dr. Manhattan can turn a planet into a star, or a black hole or a giant bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream if he wanted to, instantly.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@sypdermun

Uh-huh. 

Prove he has ever controlled time. Prove that his teleportation is limitless.

Surfer has:

Stopped/slowed time.
Destroyed planets with no effort. 
Changed an entire planet's atmosphere. (and I believe accelerated their evolutionary cycle)
Entered the Astral Plane (powerful telepath)  
Has also reformed himself after being shattered. 
Effortless light speed travel.

Surfer is a powerful molecule manipulator and has displayed his powers beyond anything Manhattan has and ever will show.

Also, Manhattan has already shown that he has no power over the future. He is just as much a puppet to time as he always was. He can't change anything.  

Next.
SurelockeHomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SurelockeHomes
@sypdermun said:

Um... Dr. Manhattan can manipulate EM through direct photon control. He's precognitive in the fashion that he's living every moment of his life at the same time. He's capable of teleportation with limitless range. Manipulating and controlling time, again through particle manipulation, reversing or speeding particle motion and speeding or reversing time as percieved by others. He's completely invulnerable in the fact that you can destroy every single particle in his body and his consciousness can recreate it instantly. Or simply prevent it happening in the first place because he's already aware of it having happened. He's capable of utter intangibility by again, manipulating particles not interact with others. There are no forms of energy he cannot control.

The Surfer has no in here, every single thing he can do, Dr. Manhattan can do better, faster, and already knowing the outcome. Surfer can destroy a planet, Dr. Manhattan can turn a planet into a star, or a black hole or a giant bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream if he wanted to, instantly.

Just asking, if he's capable of all that, why didn't he just stop comedian from killing that woman and those missiles?

Just asking, not too familiar with Manhattan. except from what I've seen in the movie.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Saren

@SurelockeHomes said:

@sypdermun said:

Just asking, if he's capable of all that, why didn't he just stop comedian from killing that woman and those missiles?

Just asking, not too familiar with Manhattan. except from what I've seen in the movie.

Like Comedian himself said, Manhattan was detaching himself from the human race. He could have stopped him from killing that woman, he just didn't see the point.

Anyway, this has already been done. Surfer wins based on feats.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:

@SurelockeHomes said:

@sypdermun said:

Like Comedian himself said, Manhattan was detaching himself from the human race. He could have stopped him from killing that woman, he just didn't see the point.

Anyway, this has already been done. Surfer wins based on feats.

True with the woman. Though it was mentioned that Manhattan would only be able to stop a large percentage of the nukes and not all of them. I forget the exact number.
Chevaliere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chevaliere

@JediXMan: So he's not omnipotent

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@LordHuntingrathII said:

@JediXMan: So he's not omnipotent

Not in the least. Around low molecule manipulator level. Surfer being high level.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Static Shock
@isaac_clarke: No profanity. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers