Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Hellos
@forze said:
"If you were comprehending, then you would know "reversing entropy" is not a small feat. "

I'm just not seeing how that helps him win this fight, like at all.
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By forze
@Hellos said:
"@forze said:
"If you were comprehending, then you would know "reversing entropy" is not a small feat. "
I'm just not seeing how that helps him win this fight, like at all. "

Entropy is the measure of randomness in a system.  All systems tend to move into the direction of maximum randomness, hence an increase of entropy.  This process cannot be reverse because of the law of second thermodynamic which state that it is impossible to completely covert all of energy into work because some energy will be lost in the process.  This is because of the tendancy to lose energy into the environment which are converted to unusuable energy.  An exception is if it is an isolated system which does not increase entropy, but this system increases its environment's entropy.  Therefore, entropy is an irreverseable process because it is "the arrow of time."  Reversing entropy means the ability to turn anything back into its original state and all lost energy in the process, essentially turning back time to a system.  An example of this is if I break a glass in the floor and return it into its original state conservingly moving every molecules backward and putting every energy that was lost into every molecules.
why so serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By why so serious
Edited
Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Postacrat

I'm trying to figure out the view on feats on this site, a lot of you contradict yourselves.  How does not knowing what somebody can do justify a loss for them?  just because you don't know "if" a person can do some things, does not mean they "Can't".  I think a lot of these threads are perpetuated by people who either is a fan of one of the aforementioned combatants or is a non-fan.  I love Thor he's a powerful character and he has done great things, but Dr. Manhattan is clearly on another level at least from the Movie Standpoint.  Sometimes basing battles from comic appearance is unfair especially when one of the characters has only been in one book.  He would lose every battle that way.  From what I gathered in the Novel and film Dr. Manhattan is still trying to figure himself out, and the little pieces he has figured out is more than enough to beat Thor come on. His power and skill set is far more "Godly" even he doesn't know what he can do, no Runes or Hammer needed....

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Postacrat: 

Once again: speculation is worthless without feats to back it up.

I'm sorry but that's just how it is.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By Erik

Magic generally beats science and Dr. Manhattan is a science based character. Both are on god-like levels with the versions used but RK Thor is magic based. He wins. Dr. Manhattan might not be able to be killed by RK Thor, but at the very least he would be dumbfounded by the laws of physics that RK Thor would shatter. 

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hellos

Thor still stomps this. Oh yay it's me up there! :D 

@JediXMan said:

" @Postacrat:   Once again: speculation is worthless without feats to back it up.  I'm sorry but that's just how it is. "

Jedi to the rescue. I couldn't agree more.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58  Edited By Erik
@Hellos said:  
@JediXMan said:

" @Postacrat:   Once again: speculation is worthless without feats to back it up.  I'm sorry but that's just how it is. "

Jedi to the rescue. I couldn't agree more. "
Well I gladly accept that Dr. Manhattan has the power he was assumed to have in the comic (as intended by the creative staff), I just do not think that it matters.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By xan84

Thor waves and its bb Dr M
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By OldIdiotAccount
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" RKT, beyond easily "
Yep. & Spite.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By Wyldsong
@Postacrat said:
" I'm trying to figure out the view on feats on this site, a lot of you contradict yourselves.  How does not knowing what somebody can do justify a loss for them?  just because you don't know "if" a person can do some things, does not mean they "Can't"."
Well, you don't know if I can read minds, but I am fairly certain I can't. 

You see, good arguments aren't won with "if".  You need facts to back up your case, and feats, or the characters showings in the comics are what we have to go on.  That is what justifies losses and wins in these theoretical debates, because if not, then the "ifs" go on forever. 

"Well just because you haven't seen Dr. Manhattan do so and so, doesn't mean he can't." 
"Well just because Dr. Manhattan might be able to do so and so, then RKT might be able to do so, disabling DMs so and so." 
"But just because you haven't seen DM do so and so, and RKT might be able to do so and so, doesn't mean DM couldn't do so and so, beating RKT." 
Etc., etc., so forth and so on. 

This is why people work hardcore with feats, because those are actual benchmarks we have to work with, the facts as it were.  Regardless of whether or not the character was in 2 or 200 issues, those issues are what we have to work with.  It might not be fair, but that is an issue you need to take up with the publishers and writers.  Like any good scientist, you need proof to prove your theories.  The proof doesn't lie in "ifs" and "buts".
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#62  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Wyldsong said:
" @Postacrat said:
" I'm trying to figure out the view on feats on this site, a lot of you contradict yourselves.  How does not knowing what somebody can do justify a loss for them?  just because you don't know "if" a person can do some things, does not mean they "Can't"."
Well, you don't know if I can read minds, but I am fairly certain I can't.  You see, good arguments aren't won with "if".  You need facts to back up your case, and feats, or the characters showings in the comics are what we have to go on.  That is what justifies losses and wins in these theoretical debates, because if not, then the "ifs" go on forever.  "Well just because you haven't seen Dr. Manhattan do so and so, doesn't mean he can't." "Well just because Dr. Manhattan might be able to do so and so, then RKT might be able to do so, disabling DMs so and so." "But just because you haven't seen DM do so and so, and RKT might be able to do so and so, doesn't mean DM couldn't do so and so, beating RKT." Etc., etc., so forth and so on.  This is why people work hardcore with feats, because those are actual benchmarks we have to work with, the facts as it were.  Regardless of whether or not the character was in 2 or 200 issues, those issues are what we have to work with.  It might not be fair, but that is an issue you need to take up with the publishers and writers.  Like any good scientist, you need proof to prove your theories.  The proof doesn't lie in "ifs" and "buts". "
*claps hands* Well said! Very well said!
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By Wyldsong
@JediXMan said:
*claps hands* Well said! Very well said! "
I do what I can=)
QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By QuakeBlood

I'm going with Dr M

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By mysticmedivh

@quakeblood said:

I'm going with Dr M

Stop bumping +4 year old Doctor Manhattan mismatch threads just to say Doctor Manhattan wins.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Dr M

He has literally 0% of a chance. Not even a fraction of a percentage, but LITERALLY zero.

Foxdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Dr. Manhattan powers has become so great. He was confused with the Presence.

Overvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

manhattan wins

Overvoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60f0e58a604c0
deactivated-60f0e58a604c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhattan

dean1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How exactly you can beat something that doesn't exist? Dr. Manhattan can kill RKT but RKT can't kill Manhattan since there is nothing to kill other than he's manifested body look dode has complete control over matter which is to much for RKT matter minipulation resistance not to mention Manhattan can negate Thors magic but that's not all he can basically erase RKT with using time itself

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dean1: This thread is 11 years old. Up until recently, Manhattan wasn't very impressive