Dr. Manhattan vs Mutant team

Optic_Blast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Optic_Blast

Dr. Manhattan vs Iceman, Elixir, Darwin, Vulcan, Synch.

Arena Universe  
Starts in New York. 
Dr. Manhattan: all abilities from comic and movie
Mutant's are all at their shown peaks. 
They are all in character 
Fight to the death 

Who wins?

Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Prince of Saiyans

Ice Man is extremely powerful at his strongest ( He bested classic oblivion once.) 
Vulcan is as well powerful. 

By strict feats the mutant team has done more, but the Doctor is probably more powerful, I give it to him.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hellos

Why can't Vulcan just absorb him over and over? At peak levels the two Omega's are higher on the food chain.
Optic_Blast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Optic_Blast

Wait.. Iceman beat Oblivion?? how the heck did he do that?

Mackeja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mackeja

Dr. Manhattan can't die, can manipulate reality on a massive scale, and combines superman-esque powers with the abilities of multiple man. I'm not sure the fight would end if it was a fight to the death, but Manhattan outclasses them no problem.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hellos
@Mackeja said:

"Dr. Manhattan can't die" 

Would help if said immortality was tested against someone with an actual power set, not just a machine that atomizes him. 

"can manipulate reality on a massive scale" 

No he cant and did nothing to support such a claim. All he did was blow people up, crush tanks and teleport people.  
No reality warping.

" and combines superman-esque powers with the abilities of multiple man." 

Ozy's machine blitzed him if he held a candle to Superman he would not have gotten vaporized and had to reform himself in the first place.

" I'm not sure the fight would end if it was a fight to the death, but Manhattan outclasses them no problem. "

Would help if he had feats about tank busting.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By difficlus

Doctor Manhattan actually wins...

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Wyldsong
@Mackeja said:

"Dr. Manhattan can't die, can manipulate reality on a massive scale, and combines superman-esque powers with the abilities of multiple man. I'm not sure the fight would end if it was a fight to the death, but Manhattan outclasses them no problem. "

Hellos already summed this up nicely, but just to add a thought:   Let's try and stick with the facts here about big blue, not flights of fancy and overexaggeration of his abilities: 

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/wyldsong/dr-manhattan-the-truth-behind-the-feats-aka-why-so-blue/87-61001/     

I state again, he is not all that impressive. 

Elixir - Due to the nature of his abilities the last I read, he has to touch his targets, so, he may not be of much help here, except healing, unless he can get in close and touch Manhattan with that killing effect.  Don't go into the Manhattan regenerating from nothing bit here.  He put himself back together after having his intrinsic field removed.  That is all.
Darwin - Wild card.  His evolutionary abilities could come in handy or port him away. 
Synch - If memory serves, he has been able to copy a non mutant superhuman's powers before (Spidey?), if so, that sets a precedent.  If he can copy Manhattan's abilities, he can make a good fight.  
Vulcan - Powerhouse.  He can absorb and manipulate energies -- and again, if memory serves, he even manipulated some magics before? I think he could definitely give Manhattan a fight. 
And Bobby (Iceman) - While powerful, he may be the weakest link in this particular fight, although, if he truly bested Oblivion, I could be wrong. 

I'd say with the showings and abilities of this team versus Manhattan and his showings, they can take this fight.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Manhattan should win. Only one that I see is capable of beating him would be Vulcan.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wyldsong
@JediXMan said:
" Manhattan should win. Only one that I see is capable of beating him would be Vulcan. "
Being someone that I tend to argue on the side of and generally agree with, I do have to ask:  Even with the abilities of the group as a whole, you think Manhattan could take them all at once, or is your assessment more one on one?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Wyldsong said:

" @JediXMan said:

" Manhattan should win. Only one that I see is capable of beating him would be Vulcan. "
Being someone that I tend to argue on the side of and generally agree with, I do have to ask:  Even with the abilities of the group as a whole, you think Manhattan could take them all at once, or is your assessment more one on one? "
It's based on the fact that none of them would be capable of harming him. While his being able to do significant damage to certain people (Iceman) is uncertain - since he's only hurt normal people - I do not doubt that he could outlast them and eventually bring them down. Manhattan, while over hyped, is still an energy being and therefore wouldn't be hurt by physical attacks.

Vulcan, however, can manipulate energy. This could prove useful against someone like Manhattan. Now whether this will work I do not know. And considering he's had difficult with others in the past, I don't think he'd fair too well.

Elixir is inexperienced and needs to be close to use his powers. It's possible that, if could use his powers from a distance, he might win. But he needs to make physical contact with a person; not easy to do against someone that can go transparent. 

Darwin's powers are defensive. He could possibly escape, avoid, or even become immune to Manhattan's abilities - but he wouldn't be able to do anything against Manhattan. So he is not a threat.

Synch's powers come from the others. Since I've already specified how their powers wouldn't help, he is a non-factor.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MKF30

Doctor Manhattan doens't even have to try hard and still wins here....he thinks and the team dies

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By difficlus
@MKF30 said:
"

Doctor Manhattan doens't even have to try hard and still wins here....he thinks and the team dies

"
when has he ever done something like that?
Optic_Blast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Optic_Blast

The mutants are a pretty tough crowd to kill in a first attempt. He's gonna have to find a way to permanently put down iceman, while Darwin and synch could be adapting to his attacks or porting elsewhere. Vulcan with elixir by his side should be able to take some hits, while deliver his own.

AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AMS

The fact that Darwin will probably still live no matter what Zenhattan comes up with = stalemate.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By difficlus
@JediXMan said:
" @Wyldsong said:

" @JediXMan said:

Being someone that I tend to argue on the side of and generally agree with, I do have to ask:  Even with the abilities of the group as a whole, you think Manhattan could take them all at once, or is your assessment more one on one? "
It's based on the fact that none of them would be capable of harming him. While his being able to do significant damage to certain people (Iceman) is uncertain - since he's only hurt normal people - I do not doubt that he could outlast them and eventually bring them down. Manhattan, while over hyped, is still an energy being and therefore wouldn't be hurt by physical attacks.  Vulcan, however, can manipulate energy. This could prove useful against someone like Manhattan. Now whether this will work I do not know. And considering he's had difficult with others in the past, I don't think he'd fair too well.  Elixir is inexperienced and needs to be close to use his powers. It's possible that, if could use his powers from a distance, he might win. But he needs to make physical contact with a person; not easy to do against someone that can go transparent.   Darwin's powers are defensive. He could possibly escape, avoid, or even become immune to Manhattan's abilities - but he wouldn't be able to do anything against Manhattan. So he is not a threat.  Synch's powers come from the others. Since I've already specified how their powers wouldn't help, he is a non-factor. "
great break down except where you said Manhattan can go transparent. Im sure that means light can pass through it. No, he goes intangible meaning light and matter and energy should pass through him...
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MKF30

@difficulus, Manhattan can make himself totally invincible from all attacks of them via his intangibility/transparent state.  

But in terms of the him thinking, you remember what he did to all those people surrounding him when he teleported them, the war vietnam scenes as well as what he did to rorshach without even trying.... 

So why can't he do the same to mutants far inferior to him? 

Darwin will get owned....

SystemID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By SystemID

Manhattan.

..because fighting a big blue naked guy would be awkward and distracting.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@difficlus said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @Wyldsong said:

" @JediXMan said:

It's based on the fact that none of them would be capable of harming him. While his being able to do significant damage to certain people (Iceman) is uncertain - since he's only hurt normal people - I do not doubt that he could outlast them and eventually bring them down. Manhattan, while over hyped, is still an energy being and therefore wouldn't be hurt by physical attacks.  Vulcan, however, can manipulate energy. This could prove useful against someone like Manhattan. Now whether this will work I do not know. And considering he's had difficult with others in the past, I don't think he'd fair too well.  Elixir is inexperienced and needs to be close to use his powers. It's possible that, if could use his powers from a distance, he might win. But he needs to make physical contact with a person; not easy to do against someone that can go transparent.   Darwin's powers are defensive. He could possibly escape, avoid, or even become immune to Manhattan's abilities - but he wouldn't be able to do anything against Manhattan. So he is not a threat.  Synch's powers come from the others. Since I've already specified how their powers wouldn't help, he is a non-factor. "
great break down except where you said Manhattan can go transparent. Im sure that means light can pass through it. No, he goes intangible meaning light and matter and energy should pass through him... "
Yes, that's what I meant.
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wyldsong
@JediXMan said:
" @Wyldsong said:

" @JediXMan said:

Been awhile since I have read these guys, so I will go with your assessment on this.
staphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By staphin

dr manhatten

Avatar image for son_of_tomorrow
son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By son_of_tomorrow

Come on guys Dr.Manhattan wins this,how do you beat a guy who can perceive all of time,He would see anything they were going to do and counter it.That alone allows him to win this fight.He would know the outcome of the fight before it even started.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By X_insignia1  Online

This is a stalemate most likely, bu,t i'm leaning towards the team due to Darwin, Vulcan and Sync. Also Manhattan's foresight is useless. For starters he can only perceive his timeline alone, and he's admitted that he is unable to change it.

His vision can also be blocked. Precognition does not guarantee an automatic win, especially johns.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By X_insignia1  Online

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Come on guys Dr.Manhattan wins this,how do you beat a guy who can perceive all of time,He would see anything they were going to do and counter it.That alone allows him to win this fight.He would know the outcome of the fight before it even started.

irrelevant froesight.

son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By son_of_tomorrow

@X_insignia1 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

irrelevant froesight.

How is that irrelevant?

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By X_insignia1  Online

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@X_insignia1 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

irrelevant froesight.

How is that irrelevant?

read my first statement.

son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By son_of_tomorrow

@X_insignia1 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@X_insignia1 said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

irrelevant froesight.

How is that irrelevant?

read my first statement.

I don't recall him saying he couldn't change it.

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Manhattan