• 95 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Perspective91 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be pretty sweet to see these two fight eachother, but who knows how long it would last Dr. Manhattan may disintegrate Hulk. Or Hulk for some reason may be uneffected by Dr. Manhattan's matter manipulation.????? What do you think? Who would WIN? Or would either one be able to defeat the other??????????

#2 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the vine, Doc Manhattan, no contest.

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
The good doctor de-atomizes him.
Moderator
#4 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's durability comes form the physical properties of his flesh, he has no protection from matter manipulation the way that a mystical object perhaps might. (mjolnir)

Hulk splat.

Even without the "you explode now" move, Manhattan has numerous methods to dispose of hulk while hulk could not harm Manhattan in a meaningful way.

#5 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.Manhattan could snap hulk into nothingness.... as in *finger snap* thats it

#6 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. M rapes here...period

Welcome ;)

#7 Edited by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk would win,because he can just regenerate any limbs that has been disintegrate.

#8 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio
@Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
"Hulk could win as long as he keeps his distance and throws stuff at him other than that Dr. Manhatran would win. "

Dr Manhattan has a range on his powers that is at least continetal in scope, it not planetary.
Not only can he simply teleport the Hulk to Saturn or disintegrate him from virtually anywhere on the planet, he could disintegrate anything the hulk tossed at him.

#9 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
" Hulk could win as long as he keeps his distance and throws stuff at him other than that Dr. Manhatran would win. "
Are you serious? ....

Dr Manhattan can affect things at a distance ... and he could disintegrate anything Hulk throws at him.
Then Dr M would just destroy Hulk within an instant.

So, yeah, Dr Manhattan
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.Strange wins (yea I said it ).

Moderator Online
#11 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
classic hulk is immune to all forms of manipulation  :)
#12 Posted by MrDirector786 (43494 posts) - - Show Bio

The only version of Hulk that can beat Manhattan is the Loebforce Rulk.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" The only version of Hulk that can beat Manhattan is the Loebforce Rulk. "
Not even him.
Moderator Online
#14 Posted by Dynoblaze (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan 

#15 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus, if Dr. M wanted he could just tweak his own matter like he did when Silk tossed the glass at him it went right thru him like air...so I doubt tossing things at him would do any good. Besides the whole, him just vaping everything or turning it to something else.

#16 Posted by MrDirector786 (43494 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" The only version of Hulk that can beat Manhattan is the Loebforce Rulk. "
Not even him.
"
I think he can beat him because he could just absorb him since he's energy and he absorbed the Silver Surfer's energy. I made a battle between them some time back, someone can bump it if they want.
#17 Posted by King Saturn (224001 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Manhattan should win here
#18 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately (unless  comic-universal law applies) Dr. Manhattan.

#19 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid blue jerk...ugh, Doc takes this...BUT I'M NOT SAYING EASILY...

#20 Posted by King Saturn (224001 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV said:
" Stupid blue jerk...ugh, Doc takes this...BUT I'M NOT SAYING EASILY... "
you dont have to say easily... we already know it will be easy
#21 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5428 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the vine =-D
The Dr. is in ..... the victory circle!!

#22 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

So looks like Dr. takes this rather easily.

#23 Posted by DaMainMan (801 posts) - - Show Bio

My Hulk fanboyism makes me hate honestly replying to this thread. Doc Manhattan ftw

unless thru Doc Banner's genius (which should be on par with Manhattan's before the accident" he figures out a way to match his powers and abilities AND retain the power increasing rage of the Hulk added to the truely unstoppableness of Loeb...yeah
Hulk SMASHES stupid naked bald headed blue man! Grrr!!!

#24 Posted by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce stands a better chance of beating Doc then the Hulk does :P

#25 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. M wins in 1second

#26 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. M does win this, unfortunately.

#27 Posted by Big Cat (70 posts) - - Show Bio

It isn't really a contest. Dr. M would destroy the Hulk.

#28 Posted by JThree47693 (2538 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr M points at the Hulk and splat thats it fights over. He would beat the Hulk a year before they even meet. Hulk has no way of beatng him.

#29 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Jon is over-rated

We have only seen Dr M disintegrate street levelers and his biggest feat were tanks, there are ZERO heroes in Watchmen so without competition its almost impossible to speculate how strong Dr M is

Some call him a 'God', but that's only because he stands next to chumps, street level gangsters and pathetic rapists
he doesn't even have the feats to back him up so its impossible to say he's powerful enough to influence or atomize someone as durable as Superman or even Hulk
That said Dr M has too many powers and no matter what Hulk does, Dr Jon will be able to reconstruct himself

Dr Banner might be able to stomp Jon with prep time, since Banner's feats but his intelligence far above Ozy

I'm still giving this to Dr M
if he can't atomize him, he can at least BFR him to space or transport Hulk to Mars and let Hulk die there

#30 Posted by bradlikesunity (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is transported to the heart of the sun in seconds, Who honestly believes that the Hulk is even in the same league as Dr. M. 

#31 Posted by bradlikesunity (65 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
" Dr Jon is over-ratedWe have only seen Dr M disintegrate street levelers and his biggest feat were tanks, there are ZERO heroes in Watchmen so without competition its almost impossible to speculate how strong Dr M isSome call him a 'God', but that's only because he stands next to chumps, street level gangsters and pathetic rapistshe doesn't even have the feats to back him up so its impossible to say he's powerful enough to influence or atomize someone as durable as Superman or even HulkThat said Dr M has too many powers and no matter what Hulk does, Dr Jon will be able to reconstruct himself Dr Banner might be able to stomp Jon with prep time, since Banner's feats but his intelligence far above OzyI'm still giving this to Dr Mif he can't atomize him, he can at least BFR him to space or transport Hulk to Mars and let Hulk die there "


Dr. M can transport near a hundred thousand people with his brain (the NYC riots) in one instant.  The only ability of Dr. M's that isn't at a super-level is his time traveling ability.

#32 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.M, what chances does hulk have, if any?

#33 Posted by Matt707 (134 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx said:
"Dr.M, what chances does hulk have, if any?"

Hulk will have time to scream nasty words at Dr.M  before he disintegrates him, :( R.I.P Hulk
#34 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matt707: Poor banner,should have jumped into the intrinsic field subtractor instead of the gamma bomb
#35 Posted by Matt707 (134 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx:
but then Hulk wouldnt be Hulk, he would be dr colorado, or dr. marvel :(
#36 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@Matt707: big and blue XD
#37 Posted by NightFang (9967 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan wins.

#38 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"Dr Jon is over-ratedWe have only seen Dr M disintegrate street levelers and his biggest feat were tanks, there are ZERO heroes in Watchmen so without competition its almost impossible to speculate how strong Dr M isSome call him a 'God', but that's only because he stands next to chumps, street level gangsters and pathetic rapistshe doesn't even have the feats to back him up so its impossible to say he's powerful enough to influence or atomize someone as durable as Superman or even HulkThat said Dr M has too many powers and no matter what Hulk does, Dr Jon will be able to reconstruct himselfDr Banner might be able to stomp Jon with prep time, since Banner's feats but his intelligence far above OzyI'm still giving this to Dr Mif he can't atomize him, he can at least BFR him to space or transport Hulk to Mars and let Hulk die there"
You didn't read the comics did you ?
Did you pay attention during the film ?

In the comics he teleported a large group of protesters (several hundred) back to their individual homes, all at the same time.
In the comci and the film, he has shown tha bility to have seperate bodies performing seperate actions at the same time. Perhaps you don't realise how great a feat this is.
He alters the structure and makeup of matter to facilitate new means of electrical energy generation.
He teleports himself and Silk Spectre to Mars and proceeds to form a massive 'house' from the sands there.

He is not overated, at least not by me. He simply is very powerful by comparison to many other heroes.
Banner is not smarter than Ozy.
Manhattan is far smarter.

As for him effecting beings as durable as Superman or the Hulk - you often post feats saying matter manipulators can destroy Superman - is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black.......

#39 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"@Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
"Hulk could win as long as he keeps his distance and throws stuff at him other than that Dr. Manhatran would win. "
Dr Manhattan has a range on his powers that is at least continetal in scope, it not planetary.Not only can he simply teleport the Hulk to Saturn or disintegrate him from virtually anywhere on the planet, he could disintegrate anything the hulk tossed at him."

yep
#40 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
" He teleports himself and Silk Spectre to Mars and proceeds to form a massive 'house' from the sands there. "
He's guaranteed two things vs Hulk
1 The Hulk can't kill him with punches
2 He can BFR Hulk (and hundreds of hippies to Mars)

That's about all his feats give us

@the creator said:
" Banner is not smarter than Ozy. "
Banner is hundreds if not thousands of times smarter than Ozy, the Watchmen come from a Universe full of chumps... its pretty easy to look like the worlds greatest genius when you're surrounded by idiots
...other than jamming a few particles up Dr M's rear or fooling a planet full of almost brain damaged idiots
Ozy has absolutely no feats


@the creator said:
" As for him effecting beings as durable as Superman or the Hulk - you often post feats saying matter manipulators can destroy Superman - is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black....... "
I never wrote that,  I never wrote "Matter Manipulators Destroy Superman"
I don't think I ever wrote Cap Atom can destroy Superman

but I probably wrote "Phoenix can atomize Superman"

Dr M isn't even on Cap Atoms level for feats, but for arguments sake let's put him a little above Atom

Top tiers like Phoenix or Mxy>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>guys like Atom and Superman


See the Difference?
#41 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

We might not know how Dr. M. stacks up to other high-powered matter manipulators, but there is certainly enough evidence in the material available to say conclusively that Hulk stands no chance in this fight.

In a dual between manhattan and other manipulators it would be hard to call, as we havent really seen the range of manhattan's powers.

#42 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio

@TruePwnge:

He's guaranteed two things vs Hulk
1 The Hulk can't kill him with punches
2 He can BFR Hulk (and hundreds of hippies to Mars)

That's about all his feats give us

No, it is clear that he possess the ability to transmute materials, including the air, in to anything he wants to.
Thus he could simply convert him Hulk's body in to nitrogen atoms and watch him harmlessly drift away.

Banner is hundreds if not thousands of times smarter than Ozy, the Watchmen come from a Universe full of chumps... its pretty easy to look like the worlds greatest genius when you're surrounded by idiots
...other than jamming a few particles up Dr M's rear or fooling a planet full of almost brain damaged idiots
Ozy has absolutely no feats

Hundreds or thousands of times smarter than a man who manages to organise the most involved plot to unify the world - and he succeeds. Not only does he demonstrate advanaced scientific knowledge but he briiliance also goes to history, polictical science and business. A far more rounded genius. His feats were evident in the book, you only had to open your eyes. He created a company from scratch that did everything right, from idea concept to marketing. It was possibly the largest company in the world. He manipulated stock markets, manipulated utility companies, led and developed cutting edge technologies and did all of this under the eyes of the US Government and Dr Manhattan. He took care to ensure that Manhattan did not come in to contact with any part of his scheme so that Manhattan would not be able to foresee it - prior to his use of the Tachyon generator, to blind Manhattan's time sense.
Banner and Ozy inhabit different worlds, one where science is far more advanced (Marvel Earth) than the other but Ozy accomplishes what anyone else thought impossible. He fools Manhattan and succeeds in uniting the worlds countries together.
Not even Reed Richards is hundreds, let alone thousands, of times smarter than Banner.
I'll have to remember that one the next time you bring anything up........
As for Manhattan he know thinks and reasons far beyond humankind - apart from in the area of emotions.


I never wrote that,  I never wrote "Matter Manipulators Destroy Superman"I don't think I ever wrote Cap Atom can destroy Supermanbut I probably wrote "Phoenix can atomize Superman"Dr M isn't even on Cap Atoms level for feats, but for arguments sake let's put him a little above AtomTop tiers like Phoenix or Mxy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>guys like Atom and SupermanSee the Difference? "

I know you did not write quite so clearly but you did post images that showed this 'weakness' and it was for characters far less powerful than Pheonix.
See the truth?

#43 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

good show creator.

Veidt is one of the greats in this category.

#44 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure this forum is a joke. Anyhow, Doc would effortlessly buttrape Hulk.

#45 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio
Hulk loses badly but
Dr M is very, very over-rated, IMO he's not even a Cap Atom

Dr M wins wins this but not because he can atomize Hulk...no feats to back that up against guys as durable as Superman or Hulk
Manhattan wins and not because he's smarter than Banner again no feats

He wins because he's just got way too many ways to beat Hulk and Hulk has no way to beat him
Banner with prep could probably cook up something that makes this a more intresting battle



@the creator
said:
"


No, it is clear that he possess the ability to transmute materials, including the air, in to anything he wants to.
Thus he could simply convert him Hulk's body in to nitrogen atoms and watch him harmlessly drift away.




"
He has atomic manipulation feats over hippies, thugs, martian rocks and tanks...nowhere in the entire comic or entire movie does it show Dr Manhattan even face a metahuman....everyone he faces is street leveler, a chump, an idiot or some peasant vietnamese with an AK

Like I said its impossible to say he's powerful enough to influence or atomize someone as durable as Superman or even Hulk

@the creator said:
"


Banner and Ozy inhabit different worlds, one where science is far more advanced (Marvel Earth) than the other but Ozy accomplishes what anyone else thought impossible. He fools Manhattan and succeeds in uniting the worlds countries together.




"

Ozy looks super intelligent because he lives in a world dominated by chumps, the US is dominated by the awkward, economic depressive, maladroit, comical Nixon, on the other side you've commie buffons like Castro...I mean come on you don't get more chump than this. In the comic Veidt aka Ozy sets up a scheme first pretending to do a movie, then secondly launching his plan faking an alien invasion where some big tectacle thing murders lots of people on Earth, the martians are coming, let's unite the planet! It seems to be relaively sucessful but it can be left open to interpretation, fooling a planet filled with sheep and chumps doesn't exactly match the hundreds and hundreds of scientiftic feats of guys like Reed or Brainiac. In the movie its even more open to interpretation, Dr M was the invasion not martians...and instead of hanging around to spook some more people to unite under a global government M flies off to explore space, its even more open to interpretation with a journalist coming upon  Rorschach's journal. If you think about it this planet must have been populated by idiots if nobody was able to connect the dots. What did Ozy achieve? A planet dominted by one government, an entire globe owned by a bunch of Nixons and Castros at the UN under a big globalist scheme. Losing your autonomy and self freedom, I would actually class that as a step down not a step up.

Hulk loses badly but not because of the reaons some of you have mentioned
#46 Posted by the creator (8560 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"Hulk loses badly but
Dr M is very, very over-rated, IMO he's not even a Cap Atom

Dr M wins wins this but not because he can atomize Hulk...no feats to back that up against guys as durable as Superman or Hulk
Manhattan wins and not because he's smarter than Banner again no feats

He wins because he's just got way too many ways to beat Hulk and Hulk has no way to beat him
Banner with prep could probably cook up something that makes this a more intresting battle



@the creator
said:
"


No, it is clear that he possess the ability to transmute materials, including the air, in to anything he wants to.
Thus he could simply convert him Hulk's body in to nitrogen atoms and watch him harmlessly drift away.




"
He has atomic manipulation feats over hippies, thugs, martian rocks and tanks...nowhere in the entire comic or entire movie does it show Dr Manhattan even face a metahuman....everyone he faces is street leveler, a chump, an idiot or some peasant vietnamese with an AK

Like I said its impossible to say he's powerful enough to influence or atomize someone as durable as Superman or even Hulk

@the creator said:
"


Banner and Ozy inhabit different worlds, one where science is far more advanced (Marvel Earth) than the other but Ozy accomplishes what anyone else thought impossible. He fools Manhattan and succeeds in uniting the worlds countries together.




"
Ozy looks super intelligent because he lives in a world dominated by chumps, the US is dominated by the awkward, economic depressive, maladroit, comical Nixon, on the other side you've commie buffons like Castro...I mean come on you don't get more chump than this. In the comic Veidt aka Ozy sets up a scheme first pretending to do a movie, then secondly launching his plan faking an alien invasion where some big tectacle thing murders lots of people on Earth, the martians are coming, let's unite the planet! It seems to be relaively sucessful but it can be left open to interpretation, fooling a planet filled with sheep and chumps doesn't exactly match the hundreds and hundreds of scientiftic feats of guys like Reed or Brainiac. In the movie its even more open to interpretation, Dr M was the invasion not martians...and instead of hanging around to spook some more people to unite under a global government M flies off to explore space, its even more open to interpretation with a journalist coming upon  Rorschach's journal. If you think about it this planet must have been populated by idiots if nobody was able to connect the dots. What did Ozy achieve? A planet dominted by one government, an entire globe owned by a bunch of Nixons and Castros at the UN under a big globalist scheme. Losing your autonomy and self freedom, I would actually class that as a step down not a step up.Hulk loses badly but not because of the reaons some of you have mentioned"

To change elements, Manhattan would have to be able to effect subatomic particles.
The Hulks healing factor is cellularly based, just Wolverines is.
Manhattan can rip apart his cells at a subatomic level, literally changing the composition of his body, away from Carbon to anything else.

You can try and rationalise Ozy's feats downwards but you have offered no reason other than the planet is filled with sheep and chumps....... So you really think that all the other people in the world are sheep.....where you shown all of them ? No, so I don't think that is accurate.

#47 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like you could use some haterade to cool down TruePwnge. Not liking a character does not automatically lower their abilities to meet your level of respect for them.

I hate superman. He is like the creation of a child. "My guy is super strong, but not normal super strong. he can lift quintillions of pounds! oh, and nigh invulnerable. He shoots lasers out of his eye, has freezing breath, can move faster than light...." And all of these powers supposedly arising from exposure to radiation from our sun. This power source is nowhere near what he would need to posses this kind of power, just ask any solar panel.

I don't like the character, but i must admit that he stomps most of my favorite characters. I would not talk down on his feats just because i hate him.

You have no reason to say that the occupants of the watchmen world are all chumps and therefore Veidt's manipulations are not note-worthy.

Manhattan certainly can detonate the hulk. He has no protection from matter manipulation, under his own powers. He would need some means to counter Manhattan's manipulations, or some kind of energy/mystical barrier that held his body intact.

#48 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give him the win against Hulk, he can BFR him easy and just let Hulk die in space

The problem with Dr Jon is he has no real feats

There's only one Super powered dude in the movie, he never even faced guys like Superman or Thor and if he did face them I'm not even sure he would win.

Because he guy has no feats to back himself up, and because the major challenges he faced he failed (got out smarted by Ozy, could only stop 60% of Russia's weapons)
not a great showing
Therefore putting Dr Manhattan at Cap Atom levels is being extremely generous IMO

#49 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
"Sounds like you could use some haterade to cool down TruePwnge. Not liking a character does not automatically lower their abilities to meet your level of respect for them.I hate superman. He is like the creation of a child. "My guy is super strong, but not normal super strong. he can lift quintillions of pounds! oh, and nigh invulnerable. He shoots lasers out of his eye, has freezing breath, can move faster than light...." And all of these powers supposedly arising from exposure to radiation from our sun. This power source is nowhere near what he would need to posses this kind of power, just ask any solar panel.I don't like the character, but i must admit that he stomps most of my favorite characters. I would not talk down on his feats just because i hate him.You have no reason to say that the occupants of the watchmen world are all chumps and therefore Veidt's manipulations are not note-worthy.Manhattan certainly can detonate the hulk. He has no protection from matter manipulation, under his own powers. He would need some means to counter Manhattan's manipulations, or some kind of energy/mystical barrier that held his body intact. "

That and hulk lifting a moutain makes no sense a ? Well gues what its comics SM can get all the power he needs from just the sun.
#50 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk lifting a mountain, indeed, does not make sense. He might posses the power to do so, but it would fall apart if all the weight was put on that one focal point. If i saw that, i would say it was bullshit, shake my head and keep reading. Just like the thing should never be able to throw his shoulder into a speeding semi truck and stop it in it's tracks.

And i don't deny that he has these powers, i just think that it is rediculous and i don;t like it. If they are going to give him such an amazing amount of power the source should be more believable, or be beyond explaination such as being a god or product of one.

But i still back superman when it is appropriate to do so.