WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WindCloud

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                             VS.

No Caption Provided
i  don't think this has been done yet.  But, who wins :  The master of quantum  powers, or the master of the green  power ring ?

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

the doctor stomps, he just breaks hal down to atoms
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WindCloud
@DC_Marvel_1000:  Hey, DC_Marvel.  Why don't you answer some of my other threads, man ?  i  would love to get your expert opinions on some of them.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" the doctor stomps, he just breaks hal down to atoms "
Would the doctor be capable of phasing through Hal's constructs, and his shield, you think?
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WindCloud
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
Would the doctor be capable of phasing through Hal's constructs, and his shield, you think? "
i  think so.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
Would the doctor be capable of phasing through Hal's constructs, and his shield, you think? "

the doc and break things down on a atomic level, the things hal makes maybe a different form of energy but there still made of atoms
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
the doc and break things down on a atomic level, the things hal makes maybe a different form of energy but there still made of atoms "
Indeed. But the power rings are capable of working down on that level, as well. Currently, they do not even need the bearer to be knowledgeable on the matter anymore. The ring has modified AI to do it for him, and give him some guidance.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Dr. Manhattan for the win here
Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ownerz
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:

Hal has auto shields, it protects against physical force, telepathy, atomic manipulation you name it that's what the shields block

I'm not sure Dr m has the strength to get past Hal's shields, we know he has the strength to beat street levelers but anyone above this its mostly speculation. I think Dr M is a poor version of Firestorm and Atom
WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WindCloud
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
the doc and break things down on a atomic level, the things hal makes maybe a different form of energy but there still made of atoms "
Indeed. But the power rings are capable of working down on that level, as well. Currently, they do not even need the bearer to be knowledgeable on the matter anymore. The ring has modified AI to do it for him, and give him some guidance. "
But you forget about the strange nature of quantum particles:  the harder or thicker a barrier is, the faster and easier the quantum particles will be able to phase through it.  The farther the distance, the faster they would communicate with one another, etc. etc.  So,  i  think Dr. M's quantum power is >> the power ring.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
Indeed. But the power rings are capable of working down on that level, as well. Currently, they do not even need the bearer to be knowledgeable on the matter anymore. The ring has modified AI to do it for him, and give him some guidance. "
they can yes but not like the doc, the doc and more or less just hand wave away the things hal will make then he can begin to break hal down atom by atom, plus hal has no way to stop doctorM and he also has farsight
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Ownerz said:
"@DC_Marvel_1000 said:

Hal has auto shields, it protects against physical force, telepathy, atomic manipulation you name it that's what the shields block I'm not sure Dr m has the strength to get past Hal's shields, we know he has the strength to beat street levelers but anyone above this its mostly speculation. I think Dr M is a poor version of Firestorm and Atom "
hal does not have a auto shell around him, he makes one.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@WindCloud said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
But you forget about the strange nature of quantum particles:  the harder or thicker a barrier is, the faster and easier the quantum particles will be able to phase through it.  The farther the distance, the faster they would communicate with one another, etc. etc.  So,  i  think Dr. M's quantum power is >> the power ring. "
Manhattan's output is greater, I never questioned that. My whole point was that the GLs have no need to know something, to actually create it. Since we speak hypothetically, a tachyon field should not be excluded (even though it is just a theory). It may not stop Manhattan, but it could still distort his perception, and confuse him for a while.

@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
they can yes but not like the doc, the doc and more or less just hand wave away the things hal will make then he can begin to break hal down atom by atom, plus hal has no way to stop doctorM and he also has farsight "

Manhattan knows what will happen. He cannot change it. For him, time flows simultaneously. Hal can also use blasts against Manhattan to stop him (a powerful blast is able to destroy his form, at least for a few seconds), buying some time to understand the complexity of the Doctor's abilities.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_ said:
" @WindCloud said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
But you forget about the strange nature of quantum particles:  the harder or thicker a barrier is, the faster and easier the quantum particles will be able to phase through it.  The farther the distance, the faster they would communicate with one another, etc. etc.  So,  i  think Dr. M's quantum power is >> the power ring. "
Manhattan's output is greater, I never questioned that. My whole point was that the GLs have no need to know something, to actually create it. Since we speak hypothetically, a tachyon field should not be excluded (even though it is just a theory). It may not stop Manhattan, but it could still distort his perception, and confuse him for a while.

@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
they can yes but not like the doc, the doc and more or less just hand wave away the things hal will make then he can begin to break hal down atom by atom, plus hal has no way to stop doctorM and he also has farsight "

Manhattan knows what will happen. He cannot change it. For him, time flows simultaneously. Hal can also use blasts against Manhattan to stop him (a powerful blast is able to destroy his form, at least for a few seconds), buying some time to understand the complexity of the Doctor's abilities. "
but well hals ring will weaken the longer the battle goes on, doc won't, i also think that docs powers>>GL ring only due to the way it works, i dare say that he could maybe break the ring down itself
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

Manhattan knows what will happen. He cannot change it. For him, time flows simultaneously. Hal can also use blasts against Manhattan to stop him (a powerful blast is able to destroy his form, at least for a few seconds), buying some time to understand the complexity of the Doctor's abilities. "
but well hals ring will weaken the longer the battle goes on, doc won't, i also think that docs powers>>GL ring only due to the way it works, i dare say that he could maybe break the ring down itself "
I don't know about that. Manhattan, great as he is, is vastly inexperienced, since, in his Universe, there is hardly any being even remotely close to his level. Hal, on the other hand, has faced people like Captain Atom before, it's not like he didn't held his own, or went down like a fly. If CA didn't transmute the ring, or Hal's constructs, it is safe to say that Manhattan will take his time, to actually do so, as well. If he is able to, in the first place.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

but well hals ring will weaken the longer the battle goes on, doc won't, i also think that docs powers>>GL ring only due to the way it works, i dare say that he could maybe break the ring down itself "
I don't know about that. Manhattan, great as he is, is vastly inexperienced, since, in his Universe, there is hardly any being even remotely close to his level. Hal, on the other hand, has faced people like Captain Atom before, it's not like he didn't held his own, or went down like a fly. If CA didn't transmute the ring, or Hal's constructs, it is safe to say that Manhattan will take his time, to actually do so, as well. If he is able to, in the first place. "
mmmm true enough but still does not mean he can not manipluate the rings power itself
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MKF30

Doc takes it
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

I don't know about that. Manhattan, great as he is, is vastly inexperienced, since, in his Universe, there is hardly any being even remotely close to his level. Hal, on the other hand, has faced people like Captain Atom before, it's not like he didn't held his own, or went down like a fly. If CA didn't transmute the ring, or Hal's constructs, it is safe to say that Manhattan will take his time, to actually do so, as well. If he is able to, in the first place. "
mmmm true enough but still does not mean he can not manipluate the rings power itself "
Given sufficient time, yes. But I think that the rings also grant a "probe" ability of shorts (correct me if I am wrong). Perhaps Hal could use this to learn, and exploit Manhattan's weakness against tachyons? Rings have been see to be capable of emitting kryptonite radiaton in the past. It's not that improbable, that Hal could do that, as well. His willpower and imagination is surely sufficient.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

mmmm true enough but still does not mean he can not manipluate the rings power itself "
Given sufficient time, yes. But I think that the rings also grant a "probe" ability of shorts (correct me if I am wrong). Perhaps Hal could use this to learn, and exploit Manhattan's weakness against tachyons? Rings have been see to be capable of emitting kryptonite radiaton in the past. It's not that improbable, that Hal could do that, as well. His willpower and imagination is surely sufficient. "
i can not remember hals ring ever doing that but i am not sure
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

Given sufficient time, yes. But I think that the rings also grant a "probe" ability of shorts (correct me if I am wrong). Perhaps Hal could use this to learn, and exploit Manhattan's weakness against tachyons? Rings have been see to be capable of emitting kryptonite radiaton in the past. It's not that improbable, that Hal could do that, as well. His willpower and imagination is surely sufficient. "
i can not remember hals ring ever doing that but i am not sure "

NEWS FLASH

I never honestly thought Hal could claim a win, a stalemate, or even harm Manhattan, in the first place, especially in a random encounter. Just wanted to see how this would go if someone sided with Hal.
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By hdorman1

major curbstomping here 
no contest 
dr.manhatten would destroy him
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

NEWS FLASH

I never honestly thought Hal could claim a win, a stalemate, or even harm Manhattan, in the first place, especially in a random encounter. Just wanted to see how this would go if someone sided with Hal. "
lol well for someone who did not think he could win ya did a good job defending him lol
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

NEWS FLASH

I never honestly thought Hal could claim a win, a stalemate, or even harm Manhattan, in the first place, especially in a random encounter. Just wanted to see how this would go if someone sided with Hal. "
lol well for someone who did not think he could win ya did a good job defending him lol "
Not really...
ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwh

Not to mention the fact that until recently GLs couldn't kill at all. I'm not entirely certain that Hal has ever killed anyone. The doc could take out the whole GL corpse, and while we're at it, everyone in every new corpse including the Black Lanterns, even if they can slowly put themselves back together over time.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhattan takes this.  No question about it.
Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Phorqe

There's not any way GL can harm Dr. M. Even if the ring has protection against energy manipulation, Dr M would eventually win.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#27  Edited By EganTheVile1

Manhatten wins, and these Manhatten battles are kinda getting old, Rorschach VS The Question I'd understand but Manhatten is like a God, no arguement he would stomp a Lantern really
negamegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By negamegas

Well.... we never really saw Manhatten take on any superhumans and Hal's ring's energy is different from other things Manhatten is use to. 

I'll abstain for now.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CAPiTA
@eganthevile1 said:
" Manhatten wins, and these Manhatten battles are kinda getting old, Rorschach VS The Question I'd understand but Manhatten is like a God, no arguement he would stomp a Lantern really "
he'd stop a GL, but he's far from being a god. there are quite a few people out there who can make the doc look like an absolute amateur at matter and energy manipulation.
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Hal would def be a lil out of his depth here. The ring would interfere with his powers for a while, but sooner or later either he'd get through, or his ring would run out of charge.
EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#31  Edited By EganTheVile1
@CAPiTA said:
" @eganthevile1 said:
" Manhatten wins, and these Manhatten battles are kinda getting old, Rorschach VS The Question I'd understand but Manhatten is like a God, no arguement he would stomp a Lantern really "
he'd stop a GL, but he's far from being a god. there are quite a few people out there who can make the doc look like an absolute amateur at matter and energy manipulation. "

Yeah, like the Beyonder, but cosmic and mystical beings aside lets put the Manhatten battles to rest
Avatar image for incredible_hulk_prime
Incredible Hulk-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dr.Manhattan would win this.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By yodagod

The problem with Manhattan is that we've only seen him along side street levelers.  If you never saw Hal in any context beyond a team comprised of him, Batman, and Green Arrow;  Hal would seem like a god as well.  The fact of the matter is that we don't know if Manhattan can ignore, cross, or disable a GL shield.  I personally think Hal wins this.  His experience  and power level make him a match for Doc.  If he can figure out Manhattan's weakness to Tachyons he could actually kill him, and Manhattan would have no idea it's coming, so don't just count Hal out people.  He's not the greatest Green Lantern of all time for nothing.
Zacharael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zacharael

Dr. Manhattan

Ownerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ownerz
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" Hal would def be a lil out of his depth here. The ring would interfere with his powers for a while, but sooner or later either he'd get through, or his ring would run out of charge. "
I think Dr M might be done here and Hal pulls off an upset. Dr M never faced any major challenges, ok there was the whole ending the Cold War and disabling Soviet missiles but Dr M failed that test. From this we can see he has limits, if he faced any true super heroes I think we would see more weakness more limitations

Hal has the experience to give Dr Manhattan a good fight
G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By G-w-D

Hal Jordan considering the things a GL ring can accomplish with a great user
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By MrDirector786
@yodagod said:
" The problem with Manhattan is that we've only seen him along side street levelers.  If you never saw Hal in any context beyond a team comprised of him, Batman, and Green Arrow;  Hal would seem like a god as well.  The fact of the matter is that we don't know if Manhattan can ignore, cross, or disable a GL shield.  I personally think Hal wins this.  His experience  and power level make him a match for Doc.  If he can figure out Manhattan's weakness to Tachyons he could actually kill him, and Manhattan would have no idea it's coming, so don't just count Hal out people.  He's not the greatest Green Lantern of all time for nothing. "
I agree with this pretty much.
Rocksmasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Manhattan is watching Hal be the cocky person he is as hes trying to create giant weapons based on his imaginations with the ring, he waits patiently for Hal to realize that it is impossible to harm him with anything that he possesses. Dr Manhattan then decides that hes bored and starts to break all his atoms down into nothingness and he walks off like nothing has happened. Dr Manhattan can also see into the future and see everything that happens before they happen so he will be well prepared no matter what, he knows what Hal is going to do. If you've read on his powers and what he can actually do, you'd realize just how powerful he is. Tachyons don't harm him either, they just stun him for a few moments, it isn't a weapon lol... know your information before you start sprouting crap about your favorite hero -_- Also Dr Manhattan isn't even using 1% of his power level, just like... maybe 0.001% of his entire power level ability, imagine if he decided to use 1%, thats the planet destroyed. Then he goes to 100% and he causes the universe to get smaller and crush itself like a dying star, if he wanted to. Like I said on the Thor thread, there isn't any actual way to win him, Superman is just powerless against Dr Manhattan's Godly powers and Galactus wouldn't really be able to destroy him as Dr Manhattan's molecules just reform over and over again and Galactus' manipulating powers really don't affect Dr Manhattan either as he is on the same level as he is, but a little bit higher. So yeah, I've researched this information up by looking at comics, looking at the marvel/DC universe wikipedia website, and just hypothesizing with friends. We came to the conclusion that this may be the most OP character in the entire Marvel/DC universe, literally. But I bet there'll be some Hal fanboys who hate Dr Manhattan's awesomeness and reply to this thread behaving like a sauron fanboy and go "But it's Hal, he pwns everything, he pwns god, he pwns galactus because canon says so and because Stan Lee says so blah blah" so yeah I won't be so surprised if there are some hatin' people on here. But then I could find one guy who literally would destroy all of the Marvel/DC heroes and villians while on 0.001% of his power, a World of Warcraft dark titan, Sargeras, he can cause Dr Manhattan to just... cease to exist. But you know that'd be unfair and this is really not a thread for world of warcraft lore so I won't go into that.

Point is, Dr Manhattan stomps without effort, bye :)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dr Manhattan.