Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#54  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"and the other way around a.E. Doom switching bodies on eye contact
"
Please read what I've already written. It saves time.

Buckshot said:
Dr. Light does things that could stop the mind switch more regularly than Doom tries it, and he does it just as a normal attack so it's probable that he could do these things before Doom is even ready to try the tactic. For example, Light could blind him as a way to mess with him at the beginning of the fight and that would prevent him from trying the Ovoid mind switch ahead of time. He doesn't have to be using these attacks with the express purpose of stopping a mental attack based on sight, he could just be attacking that way because that's how he fights sometimes.
Light doesn't have to know about the mind switch to stop it. There are several moves he can do that prevent it whether or not he knows about it.

Dr. Victor von Doom said:
How would light even know Doom is a magician?
Light doesn't need to know Doom is a magician. Don't know what in my post gave you the idea that Light would need to know Doom has magic. On the other hand, to be effective Doom would need to know about Light's powers and that's not something he would know without a bit of trial and error (guy is smart, so not much, but he wouldn't know it right off the bat).

Looking at the scans, the time machine thing  is something I don't think would work here. Doom's armor (not his magic as you claimed before) was connected with his time machine in his real time and it was set up to send him to and retrieve him from that time. It's not something he just triggers at the drop of a hat, it's technology that was set up for that situation. The next scan where Doom uses magic is full of light. That's something that Dr. Light could easily turn against Doom. The last scan featuring magic also shows that with magic comes light, so it's not good for Doom. As for him taking hits from Sentry, that's not the same as Dr. Light killing Doom inside the suit  (bypassing most of its defenses) with its own energy. And the normal defenses of the suit would probably be messed up if Dr. Light is able to strip it of its power.
Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I understood that with the eye contact but what else comes to mind is, if doom messes with Light's mind like he did with sentry, will light be able to use his powers?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

If Light creates a ball of superheated energy in Doom's brain, will Doom be able to do anything about it?

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not no, but the same goes for what i stated, so we could argue about this for ages...

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Not really, Doom's mystical attacks will most likely take longer. It's a generalization I know, but magic is usually slow and like Doom showed when he hit Sentry in the head, it takes verbal commands (sometimes specific gestures as well). Dr. Light can manipulate and generate light with a thought and his reaction speed is higher than normal, possibly superhuman (I mentioned before when he shot a speeding Superman out of the sky, blocked bullets after they'd been fired and shot down dozens of arrows at once giving each one an individual blast). Also, just hitting Light really hard won't take him out of the fight (he willingly took a lot of punishment when he punked the Teen Titans), but destroying Doom's brain would in fact kill him. So in a quick draw situation using the attacks we've said, even if Light didn't just "shoot first" and win that way, Doom would die while he'd just get a headdache.

lukeenking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lukeenking

Doom's armour does include defensive options and weapon systems that do not contain light based elements.
One off the top of my head is that his gauntlets contain a resevoire of micrscopic particles, that on contact with the air, expand in size to the size of small boulders. He has sprayed these out through the air against Iron Man before. Very difficult to avoid and very damaging.
There is also the fact that Doom can transfer his mind in to another's body, through eye contact (curtesy of the Ovoid race - not sure if I spelt that right). He could simply lock down his armour, initiate the transfer. In Light's body, he could then subdue Light in hios body (my that's confucing) and take his body back when the situation was secured.
Doom's magic abilities could prove to be the deciding factor though.

Doom for the win because he can plan his way out of most predictaments by working with what he has on him.
"

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By the creator
Buckshot said:
Going by how often the attacks are used, it seems that Light's attacks that prevent the mind switch are more likely to happen than Doom using the ovoid technique. (Though if he does and if Light doesn't use any of the moves that can counter it, it should be an easy win.)

I'm not sure how it works, but I think Light might be able to fight off a spell like that. It's darkness and he is light. It may be magic, but he's shown that he can interact with magic with his powers. That's assuming he even has the time. How long did it take for the spell to work? Was Doom's enemy instantly removed or did it take some time? If it wasn't instantaneous Light could probably kill Doom as he's being taken away, if not before.

The pell took about 3 - 4 seconds to cast. One quick series of 3 or 4 spoken words.
Unless Dr Light could generate enough light to brighten a small dimension of Darkness then he might struggle to overcome it and there were things living in the Darkness. They fed on light, but I take your point about the impact of the casting time. Dr Light would have plenty of time to affect an attack on Doom during the casting.
I still the ovoid mind switch might just tip the balance but that's just me.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I agree that the mind switch, if successful, would turn things around for Doom, but I think that because Light has several attacks that would stop it and since Doom doesn't use the technique often or lightly would mean that Light is more likely to win this fight.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doom's skill with sorcery has increased since this fight was posted. If neither side is jobbing, Doom could either nullify or absorb Dr. Light's power like he's done to Wiccan or Nightmare.

JoseLoayza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr.Doom

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers