• 111 results
#1 Edited by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins?

Vs.
Sorcerer Supreme Strange who cheated death

#2 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been done.

I think the general consensus was for Strange.

Goes off to check the Recap thread

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point i'm thinking Fate wins.I'm not sure but I think this was done before.

#4 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange

#5 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I use to think that strange was crazy unstopable, but after his new avengers stuff he doesnt seem all that powerful as I thought. I guess I go with Fate

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Strange might win here. But his power is so damn inconsistent. Dr. Fate may have a chance here

#7 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"King Saturn says:
"I think Strange might win here. But his power is so damn inconsistent. Dr. Fate may have a chance here"
That's what I was saying.Since Hulk dirtbagged his hands...he hasn't been the same.He's slacking serverely as the sorcerer supreme."

Yep. The Hulk crushing Strange's hands to FLOAM really has effected the Sorcerer Supreme

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

King Saturn says:

"I think Strange might win here. But his power is so damn inconsistent. Dr. Fate may have a chance here"

That's what I was saying.Since Hulk dirtbagged his hands...he hasn't been the same.He's slacking serverely as the sorcerer supreme.

#9 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Strange's power varies a lot. I mean, didn't he get shot once?

But then he goes and takes out Silver Surfer and summons armies of demons.

Dunno why he fluctuates so much.

#10 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Strange does heart surgery on Eternity itself (wasn't he named Sorcerer Supreme of the universe at one point?) ...and then he gets his butt handed to him by the Hulk.

Whubuhuh?

Strange, at the top of his game, can hand Dr. Fate's butt to him.

If it's the Strange that got his backside beat down by Bruce, then Dr. Fate wins.

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"Yeah, Strange does heart surgery on Eternity itself (wasn't he named Sorcerer Supreme of the universe at one point?) ...and then he gets his butt handed to him by the Hulk. Whubuhuh? Strange, at the top of his game, can hand Dr. Fate's butt to him. If it's the Strange that got his backside beat down by Bruce, then Dr. Fate wins. "

Hulk tricked Strange.He tried to reason with the Hulk because he thought they were friends.Hulk didn't break him off fair and square.

Strange isn't at the top of his game right now.As he said in New Avengers #38...he failed as Sorcerer Supreme.

#12 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

Hulk tricked Strange.He tried to reason with the Hulk because he thought they were friends.Hulk didn't break him off fair and square.Strange isn't at the top of his game right now.As he said in New Avengers #38...he failed as Sorcerer Supreme."

Good points.

#13 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"Pania says:
"Yeah, Strange does heart surgery on Eternity itself (wasn't he named Sorcerer Supreme of the universe at one point?) ...and then he gets his butt handed to him by the Hulk. Whubuhuh? Strange, at the top of his game, can hand Dr. Fate's butt to him. If it's the Strange that got his backside beat down by Bruce, then Dr. Fate wins. "

Hulk tricked Strange.He tried to reason with the Hulk because he thought they were friends.Hulk didn't break him off fair and square.

Strange isn't at the top of his game right now.As he said in New Avengers #38...he failed as Sorcerer Supreme."

WOW, doom is second in Sorcerer Supreme and if strange fails... Doom now is Sorcerer Supreme!

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Pania says:
Hulk tricked Strange.He tried to reason with the Hulk because he thought they were friends.Hulk didn't break him off fair and square. Strange isn't at the top of his game right now.As he said in New Avengers #38...he failed as Sorcerer Supreme."
WOW, doom is second in Sorcerer Supreme and if strange fails... Doom now is Sorcerer Supreme!"

Actually Doom is second to the Sorcerer Supreme which means his magic is only second to Strange.He will never be the sorcerer supreme even if he become more powerful than Strange.

#15 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah but as u said, he IS second, which means IF strange gives away the position, its Doom's Turn ;D

#16 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

The level of Doctor Fate's powers also seem to fluctuate from time to time. Its very close between these two and if either is slightly below full power then the other one wins.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"yeah but as u said, he IS second, which means IF strange gives away the position, its Doom's Turn ;D"

No...you still don't understand.Strange can only give the title and the eye of Agamotto away to a pupil.Doom and Strange aren't in the same clan.

#18 Posted by dr.fate (70 posts) - - Show Bio

dr,fate

#19 Posted by lagoon_boy (10952 posts) - - Show Bio
been done fate wins
#20 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Doctor Fate wins here...
#21 Posted by Batosaims7 (904 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends which versions
Classic Strange was a beast with prep
Golden Age Fate was a beast

#22 Posted by lagoon_boy (10952 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batosaims7 said:
" Depends which versions Classic Strange was a beast with prep Golden Age Fate was a beast "
classic strange imo was the only being that could go toe to toe or the only being covered with PIS that can match rulk
#23 Posted by dr.fate (70 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy: lol
#24 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Fate gets my vote
#25 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Fate ftw. 
And this has been done before.

#26 Posted by Caine (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, very difficult. The Problem with Magic Users of this calibre is that they are so versatile and often shown with inconsistent Powerlevels and Feats.

So i d have to go with my gut feeling and say: Strange will win this with preptime, Fate wins ad hoc.

#27 Posted by NightFang (10067 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Fate

#28 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

The classic Strange with prep has better feats, but in a random fight classic Fate wins

#29 Posted by crabtree (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange wins

#30 Posted by victorymaker (349 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Fate should win here

#31 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Make a case

#32 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

edited intro post for extra sauce

#33 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the sauce? Cheated death? Wha?

#34 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange as Sorcerer Supreme was able to outmanuver Death the entity itself. That's the version we're using.

#35 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this version different than the normal version? Apart from apparently being immortal?

#37 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" How is this version different than the normal version? Apart from apparently being immortal? "
there is no difference, there was always the debate wether or not this is classic or modern strange, or the new strange w/o being sorcerer supreme.

Classic Strange it is.
#38 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

So how is he actually different? Did Death give him a power boost after he cheated her, or did the very process somehow unlocked some untapped potential?

#39 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't be necessarily killed by conventional means, KO'ed is a different thing. This simply is classic strange.

#40 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry Void, didn't see your last comment there.

#41 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

no problemo

#42 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go Fate here(most powerful one that is)

#43 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@MKF30 said:
" I'll go Fate here(most powerful one that is) "
? the most powerful version was arguably Mordru
#44 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

if its classic strange stomps 
if its current fate destroys

#45 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange, Modern Era Fate.

#46 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm gonna go ahead and say stalemate 
if we are using both of them at their peak i can't see how they would out do each other here imo

#47 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @MKF30 said:
? the most powerful version was arguably Mordru "
You mean Nabu, right?
#48 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @Voidheart said:
" @MKF30 said:
You mean Nabu, right? "
well nabu doesn't count since he granted Dr. Fate his powers
#49 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Voidheart said:
" @MKF30 said:
You mean Nabu, right? "
well nabu doesn't count since he granted Dr. Fate his powers "
I would think that's exactly why he counts. Besides, he has acted as a Doctor Fate on his own on several occasions.
#50 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the Avatar of Doctor Fate anyways it's not the character that i mean is up to debate so carry on ;p