Dr Fate (Hector Hall) vs Martian Manhunter

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know that's not Hall in the pic, but Iike it.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the creator

If Dr Fate can get a spell off, he can win by teleporting MM to another reality or simply disintegrating MM.
However although Fate has baseline superhuman durability (in many depictions), he has been hurt by attacks that have hit him.
MM has superhuman speed and vast strength that could hurt Fate.

Overall Fate is the more powerful, but an attack at lightning speed plays to MM's strengths.
I'm going with Fate. He has activated spells with a single word.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm magic vs mental attacks

Dhanraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both r my favourite but dr fate wins

daviddv0601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Doctor Fate all the way. Martian Manhunter may be strong, and these two could maybe have a telepath war, but Doctor Fate is the most powerful sorcerer in all of DC. It doesn't matter who the host is, Nabu possesses the host and Nabu is a Lord of Order. The Lords of Order are gods, and Nabu is the most powerful Lord of Order. He even went toe to toe against the Spectre and won one time. Doctor Fate wins.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

What difference would it make if Kent were the DF here?

NVC1801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashknight: Kent Nelson as Dr Fate without the helmet is like superman but with magic, telekinetic and telepathic abilities. Kent Nelson as Dr Fate is basicaly a god capable of reality and time manipulation. Kent Nelson as DF would definitely beat Martian Manhunter without even trying.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor Fate.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nvc1801 said:

@flashknight: Kent Nelson as Dr Fate without the helmet is like superman but with magic, telekinetic and telepathic abilities. Kent Nelson as Dr Fate is basicaly a god capable of reality and time manipulation. Kent Nelson as DF would definitely beat Martian Manhunter without even trying.

Why is Kent so much stronger? I really like Doctor Fate but am more familiar with the New 52 version.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It always feels like the hardest thing for Fate-like characters to counter is just overwhelming physical might. Put Fate against a high tier reality warper/Mage but put him against Thanos n' he'll probably walk over him.

NVC1801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NVC1801

@flashknight: Because he was personally trained by Nabu, the Lord of Order, before he became Dr Fate. And also because he was possessed completely by Nabu. I think Kent Nelson as Fate at his peak is probably stronger than Nabu at his peak based on feats.

In Day of Vengeance(Hector Hall is Dr Fate), all the Lords of Order and Chaos are killed by the manipulated Spectre. The last Lord of Order to be killed is Nabu, the most powerful one. The Spectre has to gather all magic he can to kill Nabu. This attack is so powerful that it caught the attention of the Presence, creater of everything. The Presence immidiately put Spectre in a new host.

I wrote this because this is the reason why the following(After Hector Hall) Dr Fates are not as powerful the first ones because Nabu, the source of power of the Helmet/Fate, is dead.

SCANS from DOV:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/8DIrItLCN3X5guF8UyPW7Q6ajCmqFbH8aIEcsod1eHubLo3bJLRNSiEPSCy2nrMEi0_UnD_YAfh_oA=s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/86KwaYnsGFTJcdeO7kwnUN6-as0GAk7Um02e7dY1My7OLOfynYn_e5O3ZXAw7G_zwUCDHBbEmZ0pVg=s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/n9ksIieikKq8hGTtAtjhhkTggOpiej7roz3ni_I1P857E2Uh0GpifWBmJwwvEOlUIZLGJbdnn32Q0w=s1600

NVC1801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashknight:

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Day-of-Vengeance-Infinite-Crisis-Special/Full?id=91462

This is the Day of Vengeance Special if you want to read it.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nvc1801: So could Hector take Kent? And was the destruction of Nabu ever retconned? Because it's not like they've stopped using Doctor Fate you know? Or do the latter Fates have different power sources?

NVC1801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For sure; Hector is nothing compared to Kent. Here are some scans where Dr Fate(Kent) manipulated high father, DARKSEID, orion and Etrigan to destroy the Anti life equation's reality/dimension/universe:

NVC1801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashknight: So in the scans I posted, the Anti Life Equation threatened to destroy our universe from existence. For your next question, not that I know of. The next Dr Fates still draw power from the helmet. Kent V. Nelson( Grandnephew of Kent) follows the storyline where Nabu dies so he has only the helmet without nabu in it. Khalid Ben Hassin( New 52), I believe Nabu is alive in this version. I'm not sure about New 52 Fate coz I stopped reading it. Khalid Nassour(Prime Earth) is a different version of Fate where Nabu is not really a Lord of Order but a mentor to him; the helmet in this version is called the HELMET OF THOTH.

Rebirth Dr Fate(current one, Kent Nelson) is just awesome. DR FATE REBOOT. Meaning Kent Nelson is BACK! XD

Dr Fate is actually a key character in Blue Beetle Rebirth. This is his only appearance in the rebirth comics I think.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Blue-Beetle-2016

If you want to read some old DR Fate( Kent Nelson) comics, here are some recommendation:

More Fun Comics #55: First Appearance

More Fun Comics #67: Origins

More Fun Comics #55-#94. You'll notice Dr Fate will later wear a Half Helmet in this comics because Nabu controlling him too much as time goes by.

All Star Comics #3(formation of JSA)-#21, #51-#74

First Issue Special #9: Expanded Origins

DC Special Series #10: Expanded Origins

Secret Origins Vol. 2 #24: Expanded Origins

If you want more comics for Classic Fate, I can recommend more.

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nvc1801: Thank you! I will try and read some of these

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers