User Lists: 0

Doom stomps!

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Umm, that little gif is only the start of the attack... Aizen had Wonderwiess absorb the flames and seal his zanpaktou before it could finish. After Yamamoto beat the crap out of Wonderwiess, the flames came bursting through him and would've destroyed the whole city and wiped away the barrier to the fake city, taking along with the real kurakura town with it. So it's not only a city buster, it's a multi-city buster attack. Not to mention, Yamamoto was able to absorb these flames into his body to prevent it from killing anyone(proving his level of durability to the attack). Yamamoto demonstrated this technique again in the anime to destroy copies of three top Captains, and survived the completed portion.

They were not in a city they were in a town, and we don't know that the town would have been destroyed that was a statement not a feat, if you can show him actually busting a city with raw power then I will accept it, otherwise it is just hype. And I'm not arguing that Doom has an advantage in AOE Destructive Capacity by the way just for the record, I think it's clear that the old mans attack covers a wider swath of the terrain.

I haven't seen anything from that attack that would put Doom down, if you have seen something I haven't in the manga show it, I have shown scans of Dooms durability it's going to take more than some flames to do the job, he fights against Johnny Storm quite a bit and if Johnny goes Supernova he would be about 6,000 times hotter than the sun itself, also Susan Storm has admitted that Dooms Shields are stronger than hers.

He does not have those environmental/situational advantages here. Nor does he have the time.

Yes he does have the advantage, the fight takes place on his home turf end of story, he will be able to set up an ambush in any number of ways, and he has fast access to whatever he needs from his castle, a man like Doom can do a LOT in three hours.

He is, and the kido in Bleach is very powerful. I don't think it's AS powerful as the magic that Doom/Strange/Margan Le Fay wields, but with his Zanpaktou and soul reaper powers, he is powerful enough to even the playing field with that gap.

It doesn't even the player field when you consider Dooms prep is light years ahead of Yama, I ask you to show me something notable he has even done with prep.

It doesn't have to be, but he's a head captain that has dealt with countless enemies over the course of his millennium in that position. All you have to do is the match, and it's clear he'll have more than enough to deal with Doom's doombots.

Doom is the Ruler of Latveria and regularly fights against some of the best marvel has to offer, and with prep as we all know he takes on entities far above his weight class on the regular as well, that trumps being the Head Captain of the Gotei 13 in my opinion.

You must be mistaken, because I've never heard of this. There is nothing indicating that his forcefields will protect him from this sort of attack, let alone from the head captain.

It is the case in nearly every bleach battle I have seen, if you don't remove invisibility and soul crush it can be a no limit fallacy from the get go, there is nothing to suggest soul crush can bother Dooms shields either so ...say he has info on the old man, he casts a spell to protect himself from reisatsu crush lol

Unless we have something to measure those feats by, it really doesn't have much relevance here. They weren't giving him their full attention, so we can't measure what sort of power went behind their attacks.

Thanos had no real reason to hold back his strike, Doom was attempting to catch him off guard and steal the gauntlet for himself, I'd say being launched through space and surviving an impact straight into a planet is pretty damn ridiculous for a human power armor or not, especially when the same impact in the one scan knocked Galactus out and Doom walked away, he also tanked an atomic grenade I posted that scan earlier as well.

Actually I'll just end this whole fire thing right now here is a clip of movie Doom who is way weaker than comic Doom in terms of feats, watch Johnny go Supernova here and when he is done Doom "That the best you can do a little heat?" it wasn't until Reed hit him with the water that he was defeated, the fire alone didn't even bother him, keep in mind Sue has to contain that fire so it doesn't harm everyone else in the area.

Loading Video...

and show me something that would indicate that Doom would be unaffected by the death of his people. Doom has taken pride with his work in Latveria and would likely be thrown off by Yamamoto using the ashes of his people to fight against him.

Doom does care about his people, but his history is very clear that when his own existence is on the line he is going to put himself first, after all what is Latveria moving forward without Doom? he cannot imagine a scenario where his country will be better off without him so he will justify their sacrifice on that basis.

Yamamoto is actually highly resistant to his flames though, and has shown a ton of durability to them(absorbing them without his zanpaktou for example). He was able to withstand the temperature of his own Bankai, which is the temperature of the sun and was bathed in the aura of them. He will go down to them after prolonged use, but he won't need half that time to deal with Doom and he can use the burns of his body as a catalyst for an attack of his own(Ittokaso).

He doesn't have what it takes to crack Doom just watch the video I posted above, if he uses Ittokaso he will blow himself up in the process anyway, or at least he will lose a limb like he did against Aizen, and with that as in the manga I think it is time to say..

No Caption Provided

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i've seen on Yamamoto i reckon Doom can handle him.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm, that little gif is only the start of the attack... Aizen had Wonderwiess absorb the flames and seal his zanpaktou before it could finish. After Yamamoto beat the crap out of Wonderwiess, the flames came bursting through him and would've destroyed the whole city and wiped away the barrier to the fake city, taking along with the real kurakura town with it. So it's not only a city buster, it's a multi-city buster attack. Not to mention, Yamamoto was able to absorb these flames into his body to prevent it from killing anyone(proving his level of durability to the attack). Yamamoto demonstrated this technique again in the anime to destroy copies of three top Captains, and survived the completed portion.

They were not in a city they were in a town, and we don't know that the town would have been destroyed that was a statement not a feat, if you can show him actually busting a city with raw power then I will accept it, otherwise it is just hype. And I'm not arguing that Doom has an advantage in AOE Destructive Capacity by the way just for the record, I think it's clear that the old mans attack covers a wider swath of the terrain.

I haven't seen anything from that attack that would put Doom down, if you have seen something I haven't in the manga show it, I have shown scans of Dooms durability it's going to take more than some flames to do the job, he fights against Johnny Storm quite a bit and if Johnny goes Supernova he would be about 6,000 times hotter than the sun itself, also Susan Storm has admitted that Dooms Shields are stronger than hers.

This is non sense. It was much more than a statement, it was actually happening on panel before Yamamoto absorbed the attack. Why would Yamamoto absorb the flames and Aizen bank on him absorbing the flames(since he still needed Kurakura town) if it weren't true? The point of the attack was to trap Aizen inside of the fake city to burn it all down. He even stated that he was willing to kill all of his squad members to bring him down. And it is at least the size of a small city. Don't let the "town" name confuse you. His attack could have extended across a distance greater than Kurakura town. In either case, this attack could surely destroy Latveria, since Kurakura town is around the same size anyway.

Johnny going super nova is an exaggeration. It's actually the temperature of the sun, and he's never used this attack on Doom in the comics, and he very rarely uses that sort of heat on Earth without Sue shielding him. So absolutely not with that scan you posted of Doom putting out his flame with a micro blizzard.

Yes he does have the advantage, the fight takes place on his home turf end of story, he will be able to set up an ambush in any number of ways, and he has fast access to whatever he needs from his castle, a man like Doom can do a LOT in three hours.

His home can be destroyed and his residents used against him.

It doesn't even the player field when you consider Dooms prep is light years ahead of Yama, I ask you to show me something notable he has even done with prep.

I've already pointed out that he could setup a fake city and destroy him there. It's exactly what he tried to do with Aizen.

Doom is the Ruler of Latveria and regularly fights against some of the best marvel has to offer, and with prep as we all know he takes on entities far above his weight class on the regular as well, that trumps being the Head Captain of the Gotei 13 in my opinion.

This doesn't have anything to do with what I said. I was pointing out how he would have a relatively large zombie army to summon at his command, and it's due to him being the head captain for a millennium.

It is the case in nearly every bleach battle I have seen, if you don't remove invisibility and soul crush it can be a no limit fallacy from the get go, there is nothing to suggest soul crush can bother Dooms shields either so ...say he has info on the old man, he casts a spell to protect himself from reisatsu crush lol

Then it wouldn't be difficult for you to point me where it was shown that it is banned from being used? Doom is a sorcerer with an awareness to the spiritual world. That would make him vulnerable to a spiritual crush by default, unless he is powerful enough to withstand it or can shield himself.

Thanos had no real reason to hold back his strike, Doom was attempting to catch him off guard and steal the gauntlet for himself, I'd say being launched through space and surviving an impact straight into a planet is pretty damn ridiculous for a human power armor or not, especially when the same impact in the one scan knocked Galactus out and Doom walked away, he also tanked an atomic grenade I posted that scan earlier as well.

So, you've concluded that Doom tanked an attack that even Galactus could not withstand and can tank Thanos' best shot, since he had no reason to hold back? Very well.

Actually I'll just end this whole fire thing right now here is a clip of movie Doom who is way weaker than comic Doom in terms of feats, watch Johnny go Supernova here and when he is done Doom "That the best you can do a little heat?" it wasn't until Reed hit him with the water that he was defeated, the fire alone didn't even bother him, keep in mind Sue has to contain that fire so it doesn't harm everyone else in the area.

Movie Doom? You know that doesn't count here, and even if it did, the Supernova was again an exaggeration and a title for his attack. Earlier in the film when he went hot as he could when they were testing him, it was stated to be around the temperature of the sun. And given your example, Doom was defeated by this attack since all they had to do was throw water on him from a fire hydrant.

Doom does care about his people, but his history is very clear that when his own existence is on the line he is going to put himself first, after all what is Latveria moving forward without Doom? he cannot imagine a scenario where his country will be better off without him so he will justify their sacrifice on that basis.

Yeah... That's not enough to change my mind that he won't be effected.

He doesn't have what it takes to crack Doom just watch the video I posted above, if he uses Ittokaso he will blow himself up in the process anyway, or at least he will lose a limb like he did against Aizen, and with that as in the manga I think it is time to say..

Losing a limb does not mean he dies though, but in Dooms case, a blast like that would likely incinerate him.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Devil_Driver

Johnny going super nova is an exaggeration. It's actually the temperature of the sun, and he's never used this attack on Doom in the comics, and he very rarely uses that sort of heat on Earth without Sue shielding him. So absolutely not with that scan you posted of Doom putting out his flame with a micro blizzard.

Johnny can get that hot, but all I need is the temperature of the sun if you like, the point is that in the clip I posted, Doom wasn't even bothered by it and he had molten slag dripping from his face, movie Doom didn't even use forcefields that we could see that was just his base armor durability.

Also the scan of Doom with the Blizzard was more meant to show that he is capable of weather control with his sorcery, not that he could put Johnny out if he were going Supernova.

His home can be destroyed and his residents used against him.

Not before Doom takes him out.

I've already pointed out that he could setup a fake city and destroy him there. It's exactly what he tried to do with Aizen.

Lol not in three hours

Then it wouldn't be difficult for you to point me where it was shown that it is banned from being used? Doom is a sorcerer with an awareness to the spiritual world. That would make him vulnerable to a spiritual crush by default, unless he is powerful enough to withstand it or can shield himself.

No I can't point that out, fine we will play it your way, Dooms armor is a combination of tech and magic, and he does have a high awareness of the spiritual, he is one of the best Sorcerers on planet Earth, I'm saying soul crush doesn't mean jack in light of that, between the makeup of his armor, his spell knowledge, and his shields he is good here.

So, you've concluded that Doom tanked an attack that even Galactus could not withstand and can tank Thanos' best shot, since he had no reason to hold back? Very well.

To clarify on the Thanos scan, I don't think of it as Thanos giving out his "best shot", I mean he had the gauntlet he could just vaporize Doom if he had wanted, what I mean is he had no reason to hold back on his punch which was his enhanced with the power gem when Doom was trying to steal the gauntlet for himself.

This doesn't have anything to do with what I said. I was pointing out how he would have a relatively large zombie army to summon at his command, and it's due to him being the head captain for a millennium.

What difference does that even make? it still doesn't allow us to quantify his zombie army at all, all you can say at best is "a lot" which I can counter with Doom summing a demon army of his own as "a lot" Also how many of those 1000 years was he involved in heavy fighting? perhaps up until he becomes Captain Commander, after which point, while he still did fight from time to time, nowhere near as often as in his youth, hopefully you can shed some light on this if you like?

Movie Doom? You know that doesn't count here, and even if it did, the Supernova was again an exaggeration and a title for his attack. Earlier in the film when he went hot as he could when they were testing him, it was stated to be around the temperature of the sun. And given your example, Doom was defeated by this attack since all they had to do was throw water on him from a fire hydrant.

Comic Doom > movie Doom in all respects, and no Doom was not defeated by this attack, if it had only been Johnny and Doom fighting 1 vs 1 and he did the same attack, Doom would still be similarly unphased, it took Reed mentioning the idea and executing it to defeat Doom and if Yamamoto is going to be surrounded by all this super hot fire guess what he won't have access to? even if he did come to a similar conclusion which he would likely not.

Yeah... That's not enough to change my mind that he won't be effected.

Like I said Doom will prioritize his own survival over anyone else, this is entirely meaningless however, as you should realize Doom has faced down cosmic level opposition without showing so much as a hint of fear, you can believe whatever you like his track record speaks for itself.

If anything seeing his people as dead Zombies will only anger him and drive him to destroy Yamamoto or banish him to some hellish dimension. Here is a scan of Doom preparing to sacrifice child Franklin Richards to Mephisto, so yeah he can be downright ruthless when he HAS to be and when his life is being threatened I'd say that qualifies.

Losing a limb does not mean he dies though, but in Dooms case, a blast like that would likely incinerate him.

He will be dead long before this becomes an issue, I see this debate can go back and forth forever but I think the consensus is that Doom wins, or perhaps an outside point of view from someone else who understands both characters could help resolve the matter.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Storm Calling

@devil_driver:

Johnny's "nova" flame has been widely considered to be hyperbole at best and I don't see how the movie Doom is relevant here when the origins of his powers are completely different. We're talking about his physical body being turned into living armor that can absorb and shoot electricity vs his comic counterpart wearing armor that can repel attacks and can use sorcery to cast lightning. It's just not the same thing and isn't relevant to this debate. Also, the barriers they setup for fake Kurakura town didn't take much time at all. It was Urahara's invention, Tenkai Kecchu, and is just four pillars that swap out an area on Earth with another in the Soul Society.

I think we have reached an impasse. I could go on and on about why I disagree and provide evidence, but I don't think we will convince each other either way. So I will just agree to disagree on how this battle will turn out and call it a day.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Devil_Driver

@storm_calling: We have reached an impasse that is why I was calling for other people to offer their perspectives beyond "Doom stomps" or "Yamamoto stomps" still I rather enjoyed the debate in any event.

And I didn't see any battle music for this fight so even though it is late and just to show no hard feelings.

Loading Video...

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mimisalome

Yamamoto

Cheezy western Villian doesnt stand a chance

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: Fair enough, and I enjoyed our debate as well. Maybe more posters will come by and spread a bit more insight for this battle.

And LOL! Very nice song choice!

Milliardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yamamoto is faster than The Silver Surfer?

lol

No Caption Provided

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mimisalome

yamamoto will turn the air into plasma practically suffocating Dr. Doom with superheated gas. The plasma will enter all the crevices of his cheesy armor and vaporize him in nanoseconds

Doom doesnt stand a chance

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Doctor Doom defeats Old Man Yamamoto

No Caption Provided

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: Johnny has used Supernova on Doom. He was unaffected and used no forcefield.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jimmy_Rustler

SOUL CRUSH FTW!!!

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Storm Calling

@darkraiden said:

@storm_calling: Johnny has used Supernova on Doom. He was unaffected and used no forcefield.

Really? That's a bit surprising to me. Do you have the issue # this happened in?

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling I actually lost my interest in bleach after Yamaji died, that was hard to watch, he was the strongest and always portrayed that way when he was fighting, but in that instant when Yhwach cut him down, he looked so pitiful being an old man likely added to that effect but still it was wrenching for me to see it, I know he wasn't the most popular character in the series but he was my favorite, I'm only reading the manga now to see how troll Kubos ending will be.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling I actually lost my interest in bleach after Yamaji died, that was hard to watch, he was the strongest and always portrayed that way when he was fighting, but in that instant when Yhwach cut him down, he looked so pitiful being an old man likely added to that effect but still it was wrenching for me to see it, I know he wasn't the most popular character in the series but he was my favorite, I'm only reading the manga now to see how troll Kubos ending will be.

Good to hear, he was actually my favorite as well. I stopped reading around that period because of the same reasons. My brother still reads it, so I keep tabs on whats going on every now and then. I definitely miss the show though. Nice to meet another Yamaji/Marvel fan around these parts. :)

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen

DR DOOM DID NOT STEAL BEYONDERS POWER.

I hate seeing Oh doom stole this being stated as fact

When there's so much context behind it

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NoBody134

Doom doesn't even need prep.

Doom froze HT's flames with a gesture with ice magic, yamma can't speedblitz him (his reaction time is too high) and kido won't get past his durability let alone his shields. There's also the fact that doom's strength is like 40-60 tons and he could beat up Black Panther (http://i.imgur.com/IpMtWmK.jpg), so i don't think he'll be losing in H2H to Yamma's hakuda. And even if he will, it still won't be enough IMO.

+He can most likely absorb all of Ryujin Jakka's flames and all of Yamma's kido and Reiryoku.

Oh and also doom can dispell all of Yamma's zombies (http://i.imgur.com/0nsXMo7.jpg, also http://i.imgur.com/QquG51C.jpg ect)

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: Yamamoto states that he is barely containing the power of his Shikai as it would turn entire seireitei into dust... It is a lot more that a city buster. We just never see him do that because he never want to destroy his own city

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soul crush FTW.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's also the fact that doom's strength is like 40-60 tons and he could beat up Black Panther (http://i.imgur.com/IpMtWmK.jpg), so i don't think he'll be losing in H2H to Yamma's hakuda.

I haven't seen any strength scans to suggest Doom is that high on the strength scale, and lets be clear here Yama would one shot Black Panther before Tchalla even knew what happened to him he would be in the afterlife, and I am talking bare handed not even needing his zanpakuto, if you don't believe that watch Yamamoto vs Wonderweiss fight to see how hard the old man can strike and his speed.

Yamamoto states that he is barely containing the power of his Shikai as it would turn entire seireitei into dust... It is a lot more that a city buster. We just never see him do that because he never want to destroy his own city

I think you are confusing his Shikai with Bankai unless you have a scan showing otherwise.

Soul crush FTW.

I've already addressed Soul Crush.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

Really? That's a bit surprising to me. Do you have the issue # this happened in?

The one where he killed his old girlfriend....Unthinkable I think.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Chimeroid

@devil_driver: Shikai Special Ability: When released, the blade of Ryūjin Jakka is engulfed in fire.[143] The aura of this weapon disintegrates everything and anything which Yamamoto waves the sword at, changing it into nothing more than ash, and engulfs the surrounding landscape in a blazing firestorm, the heat of which is intense enough to scorch the sky

• Ennetsu Jigoku (炎熱地獄, Flames of Hell): Creates seven or more immense pillars of flame which surround an area. The intent of this technique is to trap the opponent in the caged inferno and destroy them. The power of this technique can destroy everyone caught in its vicinity, including Yamamoto himself.[148] These flames can incinerate an area much greater than Karakura Town's.[149]

prolonged use of his Bankai can destroy his opponent, Soul Society, and even himself.[154]

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say Yamamoto wins

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Yes his bankai being the operative word, and I've read the wiki, obviously his Shikai does not disintegrate everything or he would never have to worry about fighting anyone would he? it didn't incinerate Shunsui or Ukitake, and it didn't incinerate Aizen either did it? Yama is powerful but he is not destroying everything in existence in Shikai mode get a grip please.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Chimeroid

@devil_driver: I feel like you didnt read... He doesnt need to delete something to destroy it.. Read again Ennetsu Jigoku can destroy an area much greater than a town and is a SHIKAI ability.

i didnt say destroying everything in existence

Dont tell others to get a grip before you learn how to read m8

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Let me help you since you aren't getting it from your own post "The aura of this weapon disintegrates everything and anything which Yamamoto waves the sword at" It clearly does not, it's hyperbole "m8" Also it doesn't matter his Shikai temp is not going to surpass the temperature of the sun, it isn't doing anything to Doom so yeah get a grip.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: HOLY S**T read on Ennetsu Jigoku... His zanpakutou has more than 1 ability

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: plus, didnt say he can beat Doom, tho he could. But i said that he can destroy a town with ease.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By NotATreeABush

Dr Doom travels to the DMC world and borrows Vergil's yamato, kills Yamamoto with the yamato with easy, travels back to DMC verse, gives Vergil the yamato back, tells about how he killed Yamamoto with the yamato, using the yamato, and how he did it with easy using the yamato to kill Yamamoto.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: He isn't going to beat Doom but I'm done debating the issue, his flames aren't going to be enough to hurt Doom especially not in light of what Dark Raiden said,Yama cannot surpass Human Torch going all out, Doom on the other hand will find a way to put the old man down.

If others want to continue that is fine but I am finished at this point.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil_driver: I feel like you are a very tunel visioned person.. i didnt debate for yamamotos win i was only refuting your claim that Yamamoto is not a city leveler.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Storm Calling

@darkraiden said:

@storm_calling said:
@darkraiden said:

The one where he killed his old girlfriend....Unthinkable I think.

He was being amped up by netherdemons' magic and given special armor(the flesh of Valeria). A feat that required him to sacrifice the one person who loved him. He was far more durable than normal in this scenario, and could tank even having Sue put her force field though his eye sockets and Ben snapping his head all the way around. This was eventually turned against him and he lost that power and the armor, and it's unlikely that he'd be able to regain this power back, considering Valeria is still dead and the netherdemons no longer trust him...

No Caption Provided

Johnny rarely hits with an attack like that, let alone at Doom under normal circumstances. If he had access to the Beyonder, Silver Surfer, or the Netherdemons' powers in this matchup, then I could see how this would be a clear stomp. But I have yet to see anything that would suggest he could come up with something to deal with what the Head Captain could dish in under three hours. He could easily wipe out Latveria and torch him before he could even react.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doom , again best of bleach verse is on low herald tier at best, and yamamoto isn't even the best

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom. Low diff

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers