kneel before Doom

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Ferro Vida

Doom uses his time cube to go back in time and systematically dismantle every facet of Luthor's life and empire. Not to be outdone, though, he has also erected a magical barrier around Lex so that in spite of his life being ruined, he will remember everything that he once possessed and be fully aware of how far he has fallen.

Jake Blues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Jake Blues
@Ferro Vida said:
"Doom uses his time cube to go back in time and systematically dismantle every facet of Luthor's life and empire. Not to be outdone, though, he has also erected a magical barrier around Lex so that in spite of his life being ruined, he will remember everything that he once possessed and be fully aware of how far he has fallen. "

You don't read DC do you. All of you sound stupid. Luthor has better tech then Dr Doom does, and he has more resources aswell. He is also better at this kind of thing.
Jedi Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Jedi Wolverine

Luthor is very good with prep - i don't think that he has been a threat on a galactic level like Doom was though.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By daak1212
@Jake Blues said:
"@Ferro Vida said:
"Doom uses his time cube to go back in time and systematically dismantle every facet of Luthor's life and empire. Not to be outdone, though, he has also erected a magical barrier around Lex so that in spite of his life being ruined, he will remember everything that he once possessed and be fully aware of how far he has fallen. "
You don't read DC do you. All of you sound stupid. Luthor has better tech then Dr Doom does, and he has more resources aswell. He is also better at this kind of thing. "

Doom with prep had powers of the beyonder and Silver Surfer.  What is lex's biggest accomplishment?
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Jake Blues said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

You don't read DC do you. All of you sound stupid. Luthor has better tech then Dr Doom does, and he has more resources aswell. He is also better at this kind of thing. "
And you don't read Marvel, obviously.
Avatar image for american_dragon
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By American Dragon
@Ferro Vida said:

" @Jake Blues said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

And you don't read Marvel, obviously. "
Well,I`m curious....Do you read DC ???  : )
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ferro Vida
@American Dragon: Some Batman, some Superman, some Secret Six, Identity Crisis, and Final Crisis. I doesn't make up the bulk of my reading, though.
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By American Dragon
@Ferro Vida:

Oh,Okay...I was just... curious,Thanks
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ferro Vida
@American Dragon: No problem.
Jake Blues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jake Blues
@Ferro Vida said:
"@Jake Blues said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

I read both. You don't have to be only a Marvel fan, or only a DC fan, and based on what I know about both characters Lex Luthor hangs with the big dogs more than Dr Doom does. Victor Von Doom has his momments of greatness, make no mistake, yet he does not show that he consistantly stays on Top of the Villian chart like Lex Luthor does, Lex is the best at this kind of thing. DC does have better Tech at least on earth, Lex can find out anything Dr Doom can, and Lex has a robot army that would hand all of Dr Dooms Doom bots their ass. Lex has bots that can go toe to toe with Green Lanterns, and Kryptonians. Doom doesn't have anything like that. Lex could also have Black Adam and a slew of other Villians down Dr Dooms back before he knew what happend. Oh and what is current Dr Doom up too these days, he is not the threat he once was, sure he could get back on the horse, but Lex is on the horse, Lex is up to some pretty big shit right now. While Dr Doom is in a slump, I took that kind of stuff into account.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Jake Blues said:

" @. Lex could also have Black Adam and a slew of other Villians down Dr Dooms back before he knew what happend. "

You got to respect a guy that can basically take out his cellphone and call in a dude empowered by gods to do his dirty work...
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By American Dragon
@Jake Blues said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
"@Jake Blues said:

" @Ferro Vida said:

I read both. You don't have to be only a Marvel fan, or only a DC fan, and based on what I know about both characters Lex Luthor hangs with the big dogs more than Dr Doom does. Victor Von Doom has his momments of greatness, make no mistake, yet he does not show that he consistantly stays on Top of the Villian chart like Lex Luthor does, Lex is the best at this kind of thing. DC does have better Tech at least on earth, Lex can find out anything Dr Doom can, and Lex has a robot army that would hand all of Dr Dooms Doom bots their ass. Lex has bots that can go toe to toe with Green Lanterns, and Kryptonians. Doom doesn't have anything like that. Lex could also have Black Adam and a slew of other Villians down Dr Dooms back before he knew what happend. Oh and what is current Dr Doom up too these days, he is not the threat he once was, sure he could get back on the horse, but Lex is on the horse, Lex is up to some pretty big shit right now. While Dr Doom is in a slump, I took that kind of stuff into account. "
As far as I can remember Lex has never been knocked off his horse. Now look at what he`s accomplished,he stars in Action Comics # 890 which has been recently released.

And yes,then there is Black Adam.
Mr_Explicit1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mr_Explicit1

The combination of mystical and tech abilities would give Doom the edge in a head to head fight.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@Mr_Explicit1 said:

The combination of mystical and tech abilities would give Doom the edge in a head to head fight.

First post! Whoo!

Anyways, I'd have to give this to Dr.Doom. (magic, time manipulation, mythical/mystical abilities, superior technology, etc.)

http://www.millenniumforums.com/showthread.php?3178-Dr.Doom-Respect-Thread

Plenty of scans on that link to show you why Dr.Doom would probably win.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jayfournines

Doom DESTROYS Lex

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Mad8Baller
@Jayfournines said:

Doom DESTROYS Lex

Not really.
It's a war between Lex and Doom except both are basically presidents of their own countries and aren't allowed to physically attack each other.
I'll give it to the guy who can basically hire people from the DC Universe since DC is generally stronger than Marvel.

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@Mr_Explicit1 said:

First post! Whoo!

Anyways, I'd have to give this to Dr.Doom. (magic, time manipulation, mythical/mystical abilities, superior technology, etc.)

http://www.millenniumforums.com/showthread.php?3178-Dr.Doom-Respect-Thread

Plenty of scans on that link to show you why Dr.Doom would probably win.

Except it's not a head to head fight.
gonjasufi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By gonjasufi
@Mad8Baller:  
I just think its a lame way to end a fight, by saying he can just call more powerful people. Giving Doom a month is dangerous, I know the same is true for Lex. With a month I see Doom either time traveling, using some other ridiculous tech that I know he's capable of obtaining/building, or harnessing the Power Cosmic or something similar and imbuing an army of Doom bots with a combination of that and his powerful magical abilities.  
I could really even see him obtaining an infinity gauntlet considering that he already has two currently. 
Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mad8Baller
@gonjasufi said:
@Mad8Baller:  I just think its a lame way to end a fight, by saying he can just call more powerful people. Giving Doom a month is dangerous, I know the same is true for Lex. With a month I see Doom either time traveling, using some other ridiculous tech that I know he's capable of obtaining/building, or harnessing the Power Cosmic or something similar and imbuing an army of Doom bots with a combination of that and his powerful magical abilities.  I could really even see him obtaining an infinity gauntlet considering that he already has two currently. 
I guess it depends on if he gets info on his opp and what his opp is preparing.
But it's pretty certain, with a month or so, Lex would be able to get at least Zoom's help.
And then the JLA would just curbstomp both sides to stop them from destroying the planet.
Mr_Explicit1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Mr_Explicit1

@Mad8Baller said:

@gonjasufi said:
@Mad8Baller: I just think its a lame way to end a fight, by saying he can just call more powerful people. Giving Doom a month is dangerous, I know the same is true for Lex. With a month I see Doom either time traveling, using some other ridiculous tech that I know he's capable of obtaining/building, or harnessing the Power Cosmic or something similar and imbuing an army of Doom bots with a combination of that and his powerful magical abilities. I could really even see him obtaining an infinity gauntlet considering that he already has two currently.
I guess it depends on if he gets info on his opp and what his opp is preparing. But it's pretty certain, with a month or so, Lex would be able to get at least Zoom's help. And then the JLA would just curbstomp both sides to stop them from destroying the planet.

This is not Lex and his friends vs. Von Doom. It's about the two vs. one another.

Typhion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Typhion

Under the OP's conditions...I'd still go Doom, but not by much. Lex has many, many, many times proven to be a top dog among evil planners. And half the time, the citizens of the world love him for it.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Mad8Baller
@Mr_Explicit1 said:

This is not Lex and his friends vs. Von Doom. It's about the two vs. one another.

Basically this is the only way to really give Lex a fighting chance.  If Von Doom gets infinity gauntlet, he pwns everything Lex can do unless Lex hires some super powered henchmen.
OP said: 

All Resources are available  ( Henchmen,Bots,Etc. ) 

Mr_Explicit1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mr_Explicit1

Lex Has always found People willing to work with him, unlike Doom might be the most hated person within the marvel 616 universe. Doom is a arrogant solo artist, which is why he is always defeated by whomever. Lex with the right henchmen would take Doom down, But In a 1 on 1 fight Doom would give Lex a meeting with the Black Racer.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By renamed040924

Anyone who says Doom stomps shouldn't be on this website.

That said, Doom wins IMO.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By They Killed Cap!

It wouldn't surprise me that Doom does initial damages through his assests, but Luthor would find a way to wind and Luthor has so much to through into the mix.

society619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By society619

ttt

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dextersinister

Under the OP's conditions Lex takes this easily. Dooms poor social skills have made enemies out of some seriously powerful individuals and he is almost as untrustworthy as Mystique so he has little to no back up, Lex on the other hand always seems to be at the top of the super villain command chain as he has been written as one of the most well spoken of all of them even knowing how to work around the Joker.

At the level they operate at magic is just a matter of flavour when it comes to results you would be hard pressed to find something impressive Doom has done that Lex hasn't with tech unless it's with a plot device but he doesn't have any at the moment as far as I'm aware.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Vaeternus

@American Dragon said:

@The Average Bear said:
" Wait, they can't touch each other? "
No, Unfortunately It`s all about there Resources and Tactics Something Different,IMO

Interesting.

In that case I may go Luthor then, since the guy is all about resources. I mean he's Lex Luthor, one of the richest guys in DC comics with tons of connections.

staphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By staphin

doom

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom easily.

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom summons armies upon armies of Mindless Ones to crush all of Lex's toys, and watches while clipping his nails.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By ComicStooge

I'll say Doom as well.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'll give it to Doom... Both are extremely good with Prep but i feel Doom is more versatile when it comes to improvising. Which i think will take its place since i see both of them stalemating if they don't recur to improvisation.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom + Prep = Cosmic Power = Dead everything.

Chaos38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in a straight up fight Doom would beat Luther after a good fight but I'm not sure who would win in a war.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dextersinister

Lex in a massive stomp, Doom is completely outclassed in the art of manipulation.

Lex buys shares in insurance companies that his assets aren't insured under using an alt identity

Lex does 5 minutes research on Doom then goes to the U.N. and says "Doom is a recognized leader of a country", then does this gesture

No Caption Provided

wars have been started for a lot less

With someone pointing out the obvious and PIS off the line Doom is eventually kicked out of Latveria with only the power armour on his back.

Meanwhile Doom does the predictable and destroys Lex corp buildings bankrupting the companies he's insured under.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Doom stomps.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DarkRaiden

Lex in a massive stomp, Doom is completely outclassed in the art of manipulation.

Lex buys shares in insurance companies that his assets aren't insured under using an alt identity

Lex does 5 minutes research on Doom then goes to the U.N. and says "Doom is a recognized leader of a country", then does this gesture

No Caption Provided

wars have been started for a lot less

With someone pointing out the obvious and PIS off the line Doom is eventually kicked out of Latveria with only the power armour on his back.

Meanwhile Doom does the predictable and destroys Lex corp buildings bankrupting the companies he's insured under.

Um...who's gonna kick Doom out of Latveria? Who even has the power to? No one really. Anyways, Doom wins via Doombots as some of them have beaten the likes of Surfer and Thor.Also Mindless Ones. And Lex knows not one person that can even get close to beating Doom for him.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Um...who's gonna kick Doom out of Latveria? Who even has the power to? No one really. Anyways, Doom wins via Doombots as some of them have beaten the likes of Surfer and Thor.Also Mindless Ones. And Lex knows not one person that can even get close to beating Doom for him.

because Doom's never been beaten. Oh wait he's been beaten constantly, once he's no longer recognized as the leader of Latveria he will be kicked out.

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

While Lex Luthor does that, Doom proceeds to mind-rape everyone on Earth AGAIN like he did in Supervillain Team-Up, nullifying anything Luthor could do and making the U.N. gathering completely POINTLESS.

Luthor himself will be enslaved via Doom's global neuro-gas and become his drooling house pet.

Kicking Doom out of Latveria? The guy has weapons that could cancel electrical energy and dissipate physical objects by their very atoms. On top of that, he can summon an army of the near-invulnerable Mindless Ones which would utterly decimate any attempt to depose him. He's built robots that took hits from Hercules and Thor unscathed, and weapons that could literally blow up planets. In addition to that, how are they even going to attempt to kick him out of Latveria when all of them are getting systematically mind-raped by Doom's neuro-gas?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Dextersinister

@azathoth_the_dread_sleeper:

Take into account that Lex has shown he has near the exact same tech obviously excluding the mindless ones because that's a magical thing, instead he just has genetically created henchman with Supe strength and durability and take magic off the table because powerful anti-magic tech has become incredibly common within the DC universe

but this is all irrelevant to my original point, you assume that Doom can just take tech he has used before and take over the world. Congrats it's no longer Luthor Vs Doom, it's Doom vs everyone and Doom gets curbstomped.

There is no magic or piece of tech he has that's original, it's all been done in both Marvel and DC countless times, all that matters is the plan and when his goal was to just ruin another guys stuff and he jumps straight to world domination then that's a planned doomed to failure.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom easy.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Um...who's gonna kick Doom out of Latveria? Who even has the power to? No one really. Anyways, Doom wins via Doombots as some of them have beaten the likes of Surfer and Thor.Also Mindless Ones. And Lex knows not one person that can even get close to beating Doom for him.

because Doom's never been beaten. Oh wait he's been beaten constantly, once he's no longer recognized as the leader of Latveria he will be kicked out.

We're not using plot devices here or PIS, but characters at the best of their ability, in a situation, using logic and feats. Logically, no one can beat Doom certainly not in Latveria. Lex has lost many times before, to Joker of all people, someone without superpowers. Should he? No. But it happened. You haven't provided a counter for Mindless Ones except so-called anti-magic tech and haven't put forth a counter for Doombots on the level of Thor and Surfer nor Doom taking over the entire world as he's done before. And he wasn't even beaten, he gave it up willingly.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By XiiX

@darkraiden: He lost to Joker in a hand to hand fight with no tech or equipment on his person. Even then, he was winning the fight until Joker resorted to the acid-spewing flower on his lapel(because Lex was on top of him pounding Joker's face in).

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Dextersinister

@darkraiden: Your example is a terrible attempt at lowballing Lex and was already called on, Lex had nothing in that scenario, no standard equipment such as personnel forcefields, teleporters or cyborg bodyguards.

How often do his Doombots beat Thor and Silver Surfer vs getting trashed on mass by the Thing or even weaker characters. That is exaggerating there effectiveness and Lex has made Blockbusters among other powered characters that consistently give Supes a challenge.

Tech that treats magic as an energy source and has countered everything from JL Dark to Fate, granted it's not unstoppable it is a way for pure tech characters in DC to defend and attack magic users. No idea how good these mindless ones are, but why does he need to counter them? they wreck his property he claims insurance. Doom attacks the world and without PIS the heroes walk in and kick his ass.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor is a prep genius, but I admit Doom is a prep god. But because this is a war of resources and not actual one on one, then Lex can win due to his large access to his supplies and being a multimillionaire/billionaire, and also because Doom can't physically enter the battle besides resources.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Can't Doom release like a giant demon on Luthor if he wanted? I say Doom only cause magic

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex would win, if Doom can not enter the fight. Dr. Doom relys to heavy on his self to handle things. Lex Luthor does not, that is what he is the best at, getting other people to carry out his dirty work.

this ^

Doom never asks for help which will be his downfall here.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

DOOM!