The fight takes place in a Death Star.
Doom's morals are on.  
The morals of the team are off. 
Doom is 29 metres from the team.
No prep time. 
#2 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom could still win this without prep.

#3 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom has magic just a bit under Strange during his heydey. That should give him the win.

#4 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom!!!!!

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine's Force storm should be able to get rid of Doom.

#6 Posted by xlab3000 (3115 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom stomps

#7 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

With lack of prep, Doom would lack the ability to even react. Additionally, a Wormhole ends the battle right there. Team 2 wins.

#9 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious solos. I think Vader potentially could too

#10 Posted by tomlikesfries (4624 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Doom can win.

#11 Posted by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

The magic in the Marvel universe is so far beyond Force powers. Jerks struggle to lift XWings out of lakes and not being able to react fast enough to someone picking them up and throwing them down a shaft.. Remember when those two shielded droids attacked Qui Gon and Obi at the beginning of Episode I? Imagine one that had a much stronger forcefield and can manipulate time and space. But that won't be necessary, because Victor is one of the smartest characters ever conceived in fiction. With their morals off, he would convince the other two to kill each other

#12 Posted by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

*jedis not jerks, sorry my browser doesn't allow editing. Also, this fight takes place in a giant metal machine? Doom is in Toyland!

#13 Posted by Floopay (8555 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

With lack of prep, Doom would lack the ability to even react. Additionally, a Wormhole ends the battle right there. Team 2 wins.

He's got that armor though, that's the thing that could give him the win.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#14 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Havenless said:

Jerks struggle to lift XWings out of lakes

An aged Jedi one year before his death on a planet saturated in a dark side ambiance that the TESB novelization actually stated lifted the X-Wing effortlessly. 

You need to come up with better red herrings. Palpatine and Vader can both telekinetically destroy buildings.

and not being able to react fast enough to someone picking them up and throwing them down a shaft.

A prophesied and fatalistic death that The Unifying Force suggested Anakin entered Oneness to accomplish. 

This lowball game is fun though. Let me try: Remember that time when Doom couldn't even knock out Spider-Man with multiple hits, could barely tag him even with a variety of weapons, and failed to defeat him even with prep? I remember that time. 

See how pointless that is? The fact is, Vader has fought faster than thought, moved his limbs so quickly they seemed to teleport, deflected fire from turret emplacements, deflected dozens of blaster bolts, waved his lightsaber quickly enough to form a shield, brandished his blade quickly enough for leave afterimages, etc. Palpatine has deflected fire from miniature armies of droids; struck with his blade fast enough to weave webs of light and afterimages; blitzed Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar (Tiin has deflected numerous blaster bolts while swinging his blade fast enough for generate a shield out of its motions); fought faster than Maul could see (Maul has deflected fire from dozens of droids, can release five blows in the flicker of an eye, dueled with enough speed to surround himself in red webs from his lightsaber, etc.); fought faster than Mace Windu could see (Mace has reflected blaster bolts and slugs; fought faster than thought; thrown several blows in an eyeblink; ran fast enough to appear to teleport from one location to another, etc.); fought faster than Anakin could see (Anakin has deflected fire from miniature armies, fought fast enough to cover his entire body in his lightsaber's blurring light, fought fast enough to produce afterimages, dodged lightning bolts, reacted to ships flying at sublight speeds, outran speeders, etc.); and fought faster than Leia could see while he was injured (Leia has deflected blaster bolts, reacted to Lightning, ran multiple kilometers in seconds, etc.). The speed argument is null. Palpatine is significantly faster than Doom. Doom would never even see him move.

Remember when those two shielded droids attacked Qui Gon and Obi at the beginning of Episode I? Imagine one that had a much stronger forcefield and can manipulate time and space.

Well, I suppose we should consider it a very favorable circumstance that Doom is not fighting Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan then, yes? 

Your red herrings and associative fallacies are rather pitiful; you could at least be specious with your irrationality instead of being blatantly wrong. 

With their morals off, he would convince the other two to kill each other

And I suppose Doom will have to time to invoke some grand speech to compel one to kill the other when morals off, Sidious can create a wormhole that destroy the surface of a planet, Drain Doom's life force, telekinetically crush Doom's body within his armor, summon environmental effects/storms, etc. all before Doom can think? 

Palpatine solos. Doom has the capacity to kill Palpatine, but his combat speed is inferior. Sidious can attack first; morals off, he has no reason to hold back. And beyond that, even if Doom did somehow manage to kill Palpatine, Sidious' spirit would remain, and Doom has no means to influence the Force in order to affect spirits composed of the Force. 
#15 Posted by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, yeah. Doom's got this. Not sure what you're going on about.

#16 Posted by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

How does any of that stuff work past Doom's energy shield, when in SW games, movies, and comics, electronics energy shields typically deflect force powers?

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

How is that going to save him from a wormhole?

@Havenless said:

How does any of that stuff work past Doom's energy shield, when in SW games, movies, and comics, electronics energy shields typically deflect force powers?

How is his energy shield going to deflect this:

#18 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Havenless said:

Energy shields deflect Force powers? Mon Calamari cruisers have shields equal to those on Imperial Star Destroyers, whose systems are superior to that of the Acclamator Star Destroyers' shields, which can withstand teratons of force.

Huge Accalamator-class warships, with enough firepower to decimate entire cities, are loaded with thousands of clone troopers ready to wage war.

Having eliminated his most powerful opponents, Emperor Palpatine is free to throw all of his resources into a military buildup unlike any in recorded galactic history. Republic Assault Ships used during the Clone Wars are replaced by larger warships with more destructive firepower.

Carrying enough firepower to reduce an entire civilization to molten slag, an Imperial-class Star Destroyer is so formidable that the mere sight of it prompts submission.

--Taken from The Ultimate Visual Guide

How did Palpatine deal with a fleet of Mon Cal cruisers and frigates? His Force-generated Storm tore them apart.
#19 Posted by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: He is just going to generate random excuses, ad infinitum. Don't even bother to respond to his ad hoc, fallacious red herrings.

#20 Posted by CosmosTyrant (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Palpatine ever use that force storm in a lil room where is needs to controlle it or is that case the only time he ever done it? Any way, wen i see some actulle feat for the Sith Lords to be able to stand next to Vic im going with Doom. Oh you guys think he will kill him self trying to kill Doom with the force storm?Theres room for my mind to be change.

#21 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmosTyrant said:

Has Palpatine ever use that force storm in a lil room where is needs to controlle it or is that case the only time he ever done it?

He created a Force Storm in the Death Star reactor shaft immediately before he died, which demonstrates control on multiple levels, notably the ability to summon a wormhole minute enough to fit in a shaft without damaging the Death Star itself and the ability to summon a wormhole extremely quickly.

The moment the Emperor "died" at the Battle of Endor, Droga fell into an inexplicable insanity, butchering his crew and causing the Emperor's Shadowto plunge into Kaal's oceans. Even as he perished, Palpatine used the dark side knowledge the Sith Lords had granted him years earlier to rend space itself and transmigrate his essence across lightyears to Droga's body.

--Taken from Gamer #5

He has also created wormholes large enough to engulf worlds, such as he did on Coruscant and on Da Soocha V. 

Any way, wen i see some actulle feat for the Sith Lords to be able to stand next to Vic im going with Doom.

Appeal to ignorance. How can you objectively decide on the outcome without having needed knowledge of both parties? 

Oh you guys think he will kill him self trying to kill Doom with the force storm?Theres room for my mind to be change.

Considering that morals are off, Palpatine could do that, especially considering he would survive as a spirit anyway. But at any rate, I doubt that would be necessary. As per the stipulations in the OP, the combatants begin 29 meters apart; Sidious opened a Force Storm inside a reactor shaft, which is considerably narrower in scope than 29 meters. There is more than enough distance for him to employ that power and kill Doom without killing himself, and even if that initial gap was not there, Palpatine's running speed would suffice to separate himself from Doom and then apply his wormhole before Doom can react. This is not Palpatine's only means of victory either. Drain would serve him just as well.
#22 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Kinda cool, consdiering Lucas based Vader on Doom.

At any rate, unless Doom can whip up some sort of magical whamma zamma after a force choke...

Not to mention Vader is an artist with a lighsabre. I lean toward team Star Wars.

#23 Edited by CosmosTyrant (477 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467: How can you call me ignorant wend i said "There is room in my mind to be change". All i needed to know is if he cud actully controle the Storm and if he done it more the just that one time. If what you say is true they have a good chance of winning.

#24 Posted by Fetts (4327 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
Palpatine and Vader can both telekinetically destroy buildings.

Sorry for the irrelevance to this actual debate, but may I ask when Vader telekinetically destroyed a building? I have no doubt Palpatine could. But if you had scans or quotes from novels of Vader destroying a building via TK, it'd be greatly appreciated.
#25 Posted by ShadowKing (824 posts) - - Show Bio

He has no scans. His arguments are baseless beyond all means of logical understanding.

#26 Posted by ComicKID777 (287 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1: he is more defensive than anything he relies on the force more to throw objects at his opponents,his saber skills aren't that great due to the fact he has to protect the thing on his chest that enables him to breath which makes him super defensive

#27 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@ShootingNova said:

Can his armor stop lightsabers? i doubt it. Beyond that, the Sith could potentially just crush him entirely. Or cook him with Force Lightning. Or use a Worm Hole to send him into space/a dark hole.

said:

A prophesied and fatalistic death that The Unifying Force suggested Anakin entered Oneness to accomplish.

Really? i didn't know that.

#28 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmosTyrant said:

@Silver2467: How can you call me ignorant wend i said "There is room in my mind to be change".

I never called you ignorant; I said your assessment is an appeal to ignorance, which is a type of fallacy. Apologies for the misunderstanding though. 

@Fetts said:
@Silver2467 said:
Palpatine and Vader can both telekinetically destroy buildings.

Sorry for the irrelevance to this actual debate, but may I ask when Vader telekinetically destroyed a building? I have no doubt Palpatine could. But if you had scans or quotes from novels of Vader destroying a building via TK, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Vader collapsed a cathedral on himself in Darth Vader and the Lost Command, and he never achieved the height of his powers until RotJ.
@ComicKID777 said:

his saber skills aren't that great due to the fact he has to protect the thing on his chest that enables him to breath which makes him super defensive

Nonsense. Vader has beaten four out of eight Jedi alone, on another occasion easily beaten five Jedi alone, beaten Roan Shryne, beaten the Dark Woman, beaten Sha Koon, beaten Celeste Morne, fought evenly with an amped Darth Maul, fought evenly with Obi-Wan, and all of that was before Vader reached the pinnacle of his combat skill. Vader's technique grew significantly after ANH. By RotJ, he fought as a perfect equal with Luke. 

@ShadowKing said:
He has no scans. His arguments are baseless beyond all means of logical understanding.
Then perhaps instead of making extraneous edgewise comments, you would care to disprove my arguments, hmm?
#29 Posted by Fetts (4327 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Coolsies. Thanks bro!
#30 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan said:

Doom has magic just a bit under Strange during his heydey. That should give him the win.

He's actually the 2nd Sorcerer Supreme.

#31 Posted by darklord_apoc (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can post scans of how powerful Doom is and if he could win this?

#32 Edited by ShootingNova (15209 posts) - - Show Bio

No one can post scans of how powerful Doom is and if he could win this?

He defeats Vader on his own, but Palpatine defeats him on his own. This is a mismatch.