User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XiiX
Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The unstoppable fanboy force meets the immovable fanboy force.

As Superman would say "They surrender".

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doom, I think? I really don't know where to place Doom, when he doesn't have prep.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

:p This is basically a bait thread. I wonder which group of fans will piss of people more in this thread, Doom or Blue Marvel.

Anyway after Marvel's pathetic showings for Doom lately like getting stomped by Invisible Woman, Doom Dies badly here.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By XiiX

@lukehero said:

:p This is basically a bait thread.

Haha, nah. I was originally gonna pit Blue-Marvel against Lex Luthor in his battle armor, but I figured since Doom's suit is standard anyway, I'd just go with him instead.

(And completely off topic, Sentry's speech-bubble makes him look like he's doing a pirate imitation).

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: It was a fail on purpose.
He gets stomped by Invisible Woman so her daugther Valeria thinked she was a bad person and Val' goes on Doom's side.

Dr Doom is more vicious than Blue Marvel so if they have to win by any means I think that Uncle Doom has a slight advantage.
But Blue Marvel is ruthless and have some interesting options at his disposal.
The point to know is if Doom's magic is superior to Blue Marvel's matter / antimatter manipulation abilities ?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: It was a fail on purpose.

He gets stomped by Invisible Woman so her daugther Valeria thinked she was a bad person and Val' goes on Doom's side.

Nothing in the issue suggests this.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@lukehero said:

:p This is basically a bait thread.

Haha, nah. I was originally gonna pit Blue-Marvel against Lex Luthor in his battle armor, but I figured since Doom's suit is standard anyway, I'd just go with him instead.

(And completely off topic, Sentry's speech-bubble makes him look like he's doing a pirate imitation).

I honestly could make an argument for either character. I'm just not interested in Doom right now maybe when Marvel starts treating him right again.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XiiX

@lukehero: Careful what you wish for. 'Cause then you'll probably see him showing up and draining high tier reality warpers, or taking down half of Marvel earth with a paper-clip and an hour of prep.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Honestly I haven't read the issue but the explanations of sophia89 convinced me :

To get an understanding of it,few points:

• Val(Sue and Reed's daughter) ran away from home,and came to her god-dad Dr Doom.
  • Reed and Sue lost everything when the government took their son and all the future foundations kids,as well as their home.
  • Johnny lost his powers and became depressed.

Sue who pretty much lost everything decided she is getting her daughter back. Doom who loves Val and didn't want to lose her took a dive to sever any chances Sue had of getting her daughter.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dr Doom who was fighting Sue said he can beat her via his mind magic,but then he was oh no,there is another being in there,and went down. Making Sue look like a monster,that Val said she scares her.

If he wanted to win the battle,he could have used his magic or tech,instead he didn't so she can win the battle,and he can win the war(keeping Valerie).

It's totally in-character for Tonton Doom to manipulate people this way (IMO).

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XiiX

@realitywarper: I agree that it's something Dr. Doom would do, but jashro was saying that it was never confirmed that he did(on panel or otherwise).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44

@realitywarper: Sue has mental defences so I am not entirely convinced he could have entered her mind that easily and take her down. This seems to be speculative. I can see the possibility though, but that doesn't explain why doom specifically stated that when Val was removed from sight/ear shot that he had the advantage because she would be the only reason he would hold back:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now if it is confirmed later he threw the fight I am willing to believe it but until than I don't think we can say he was.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mickey-mouse

@xiix said:

@lukehero: Careful what you wish for. 'Cause then you'll probably see him showing up and draining high tier reality warpers, or taking down half of Marvel earth with a paper-clip and an hour of prep.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! :p

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom will give him a lot of trouble, and it would be good to see 2 characters, who have brains and brawl; however I think Blue Marvel wins this.

I think his best bet would be to manipulate him, with Anti-matter or to KO him etc.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

@jashro44 said:

@realitywarper: Sue has mental defences so I am not entirely convinced he could have entered her mind that easily and take her down. This seems to be speculative. I can see the possibility though, but that doesn't explain why doom specifically stated that when Val was removed from sight/ear shot that he had the advantage because she would be the only reason he would hold back:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now if it is confirmed later he threw the fight I am willing to believe it but until than I don't think we can say he was.

Look at Doom's options:

If he killed Sue,then he would lose Val,since she won't stay with her mom's killer.

If he forced her out of the country,she would come back again,Sue wouldn't give up.

If he put her in jail then she might escape or make the other heroes attack him to let Sue go.

What he did was his best option,he made Val fear her mom,and made Sue feel like a monster if she tried to force her.

And considering Doom has Molecule Man in his lab to fix the multiverse,trapped young Loki in a prison with no time or space,and even broke red onslaught's hate TP with sheer will,I say Marvel is keeping him as their powerhouse villain.

He could have just incapacitated her. Sure she could keep coming back but if it was so easy as he just shuts her mind off he wouldn't need to try, and it wouldn't matter how many times she came back. Doom is a pretty egotistical person. I don't think he would let Sue humiliate him like that intentionally.

And again why would he specifically say he wasn't holding back when Valeria wasn't anywhere near the battle? The last part about marvel keeping doom as a power house villain isn't something I am arguing against.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: I doubt Sue would be very convincing considering she showed up and attacked doom right in front of Valeria. As for the rest I haven't been keeping up with doom so I can't comment on the Loki thing. I think I will agree to disagree for the time being. You've made some fair points admittedly so I will think about it.

I was thinking robinson would come back to the whole Malice thing.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: No problem. And what book did he perform the spell?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44: You're questioning Doom actually reading her mind (or whatever) but not where Doom's defense systems went the whole fight? He's fought Sue for decades...why wouldn't his defense systems activate? It was bad writing.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jashro44

@nimamindtricks said:

@jashro44: You're questioning Doom actually reading her mind (or whatever) but not where Doom's defense systems went the whole fight? He's fought Sue for decades...why wouldn't his defense systems activate? It was bad writing.

The defence systems were mentioned in the issue. Sue used her powers to bypass them. She tried a new tactic she never tried before and it worked. Something involving molecular density.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44: do you have a scan that shows that I would actually like to keep that for myself

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: do you have a scan that shows that I would actually like to keep that for myself

Sure, she mentioned something about molecular density:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I guess even if doom were taking a dive this would still be a good showing for Sue being able to affect people on a molecular level.

Shango_1king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why do you call blue marvel fans fanboys? im new to the character so is there something i missed about his fans cause i thought he did not have that many. did his fans perhaps argue the he beats one of your favorites and your bitter about it?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question is, does Blue Marvel have the durability to tank Doom's magic?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doom wins with prep and if BM is morals on

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am sincerely interested in Doom trapping Loki and all this other business. Can someone fill me in?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god...

The fanboy war begin!

JK we all know Batman solos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@comicuser said:

:p This is basically a bait thread. I wonder which group of fans will piss of people more in this thread, Doom or Blue Marvel.

Anyway after Marvel's pathetic showings for Doom lately like getting stomped by Invisible Woman, Doom Dies badly here.

lol

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser said:

why do you call blue marvel fans fanboys? im new to the character so is there something i missed about his fans cause i thought he did not have that many. did his fans perhaps argue the he beats one of your favorites and your bitter about it?

youre new, but you'll learn.

Shango_1king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shango_1king said:

@comicuser said:

to be honest it sounds like the reason is because the fans argued that he beats you guy's favorite characters. he barley has any fans to try and label the whole fanbase already.it dumb and immature typical comic vine i guess

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser said:

@shango_1king said:

@comicuser said:

to be honest it sounds like the reason is because the fans argued that he beats you guy's favorite characters. he barley has any fans to try and label the whole fanbase already.it dumb and immature typical comic vine i guess

intersting. You gathered all of that from me saying "the unstoppable fanboy force meets the immovable fanboy force." seems like the biggest reach. especially since you dont know what youre talking about since you dont have any proof. and i never called the whole fanbase fanboys. i have no idea where youre getting that from.

Shango_1king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shango_1king said:

@comicuser said:

@shango_1king said:

@comicuser said:

intersting. You gathered all of that from me saying "the unstoppable fanboy force meets the immovable fanboy force." seems like the biggest reach. especially since you dont know what youre talking about since you dont have any proof. and i never called the whole fanbase fanboys. i have no idea where youre getting that from.

Because i have seen several BM thread were the first comment is here come the BM fanboys. thats why i made this comment. im new to the character and the character himself is new. what could his small fanbase possibly have done to have themselves labeled like i have seen in multiple threads. The only thing i can guess is that to many people began to argue in his favor. the kind of fans that would label a new character like this is why the comic industry in america is so small. so dont sit here and pretend that this is the first time that BM fans have been labeled like this. why would he just call them all fanboys for no reason

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@comicuser said:

I want to see these bm fans u guys keep speaking of. most people say they don't know anything about him. I am a bm fan, but his battles last about 12 replies. very few people know who he is or has read any of his books.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By johnfrank120

@johnfrank120 said:

Oh god...

The fanboy war begins!

JK we all know Batman solos.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom wins with prep time. Blue Marvel wins otherwise.

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By random_nerd

With prep doom might win. The raw power of vlue marvel is something else. Sentry beats doom during their encounters. So based on the bm vs sentry fight (im not gunna say who one but i am gunna say theirr powers are relatively on par) Bm (kills me to say this doom is my love) should win in a crazy close fight

Edit: ik everyone hates this 1 2 3 logic, but bm and sentrys power in combat is usualy used in that superman esque way which is to say raw superhuman abilities.