• 437 results
#201 Posted by raxtsfk (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse would blast Doom with some laser beam and examine the remains. It's actually a Doombot. Apocalypse realizes he has stepped into the center of a large mystical symbol painted on the floor. Doom recites his evil magical spell and Apocalypse is transported to the Big Bang ala Doomsday. Doom FTW

#202 Edited by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Well, that would be unfair for Apocalypse. But it probably would still happen.  And how do you know that the Celestial Technology wouldn't protect Apocalypse from magic?

#203 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

apocalypse would rule dr spoon,,,in terms of power,doom is a flea to him,way way too much knowledge and power to handle for doom, easy win.
#204 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @cascadeking09: Which of the X-Men would pose a problem for Dr. Doom? "
individually the only ones i can really think of would be jean and storm, but i'm talkin about the whole team.
#205 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09: I believe that telekinesis does not work on Doom and Doom's force fields are quite strong.  I don't think that telepathy affects Doom either. 
#206 Posted by moviegeek17 (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

With time i'd go with Dr. Doom, but with a random encounter he wouldn't stand a chance against apocalypse.

#207 Posted by Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins round 1 and Apoc wins round 2

#208 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

In both scenarios, Doom gets some brand new celestial tech to play with.

#209 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: If it is brand new, then he probably does not know how to overcome it.
#210 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: He's worked with tech similar, or greater than Celestial Tech. For instance, Watcher Tech, PR Beyonders tech, etc. He mastered the use of both fairly quickly.
#211 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: How do you know that the tech is greater than the Celestial Tech.?  I am assuming that Celestial Tech is less complicated than your examples?
#212 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Lance Uppercut: How do you know that the tech is greater than the Celestial Tech.?  I am assuming that Celestial Tech is less complicated than your examples? "
Did you really just try to say that Celestial Tech is on par with the Beyonders tech?
#213 Edited by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: LOL. Well, I should have made that conclusion. How would Doom "kill" Apocalypse though? I guess I should use my imagination. A lot of people here are saying that Doom can't beat Apocalypse.  ???
#214 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Well, it really depends on the strategy Apocalypse tries. IF he tries energy projectiles, I see no reason why Doom couldn't absorb the energy and vise versa. It's more likely that Doom would win through magical means, unless he can beat Apocs molecular manipulation. IF he can do that, he may actually be able to convert Apocalypse in to pure energy and absorb him ala Nightmare.
#215 Edited by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Apocalypse would win

#216 Edited by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: I am not so sure why so many people are saying that Apocalypse wins.  ????
#217 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: It's one of those things. At some point it becomes less about the facts and more about peoples personal preference.
#218 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: Yeah. Well, I wonder whose name sounds more menacing. Dr. Doom or Apocalypse?   LOL. 
#219 Posted by MarvelHexQueenSw (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr.doom is a bad where the sun don't shine at but the  weird old tech guy apocalypse can't say
i mean doom is known to be a head on guy but apo is knwn to some think and take his time like
a king.

#220 Posted by ghostrider fan1 (778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasma Ghost: well one doom hasent beaten the x-men and the avengers, two doom never controlled the world like apocalypse did for a long time, three doom has no powers even though he's smart apocalypse is the greatest mind of his race that xavier could do nothing to him, four he kicked the hulks ass and if you give both 24 hour prep time doom would make a gun apocalypse would make a damn cannon apocalypse would flatten before the fight started
#221 Edited by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@ghostrider fan1: Hasn't Doom conquered the world as well and was bored with being at the top? Also, Doom was powerless in AOA, along with many other Marvel characters.  Apocalypse is not as  smart as Doom. Apocalypse is just a smart and cunning fighter.  Doom could easily defeat the Hulk as well.  Apocalypse only uses Celestial Technology to boost his powers.  He doesn't even know much about the Celestial Technology.
#222 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:

" @Edamame: It's one of those things. At some point it becomes less about the facts and more about peoples personal preference. "

Just for the record, TK and TP don't affect Doom., right?  Also, is it possible that  Apocalypse could pierce through Dr. Doom's armor? Not when Dr. Doom has his shields up, I mean. 

Also, Can Apocalypse manipulate magical energy?

Can Apocalypse use his technopathic powers to manipulate Dr. Doom's armor?
#223 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2203 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Doom stomps.

#224 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

magneto's barely beaten apocalypse, but he has never really beaten doom soo..

#225 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad: What's so special about Current Doom?

@Lance Bastro said:
" magneto's barely beaten apocalypse, but he has never really beaten doom soo.. "

Magneto defeated him twice. AOA and HOM.  I agree. Magneto could never defeat Doom and never has. 
#226 Posted by comicbookguy (281 posts) - - Show Bio

most of the evidence ive seen is leading me to say doom
#227 Posted by Goenitz (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

Wins here
#228 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the majority. Doom wins here. I don't care how long he's lived. He has done nothing on a celestial level (or has he? i dunno coz I've got a fairly limited knowledge on Marvel).

Though HOM and AOA Doom get's beaten by HOM and AOA Apocalypse.

#229 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom with prep time Easily wins.  Apocalypse is just a wantabe low life criminal next to Dr. Doom.
#230 Posted by KnowItAll (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both characters.  Apocalypse should win based on what we know about him, but if you go by what he has actually accomplished in the comics, it's gotta be Doom.  I wish it wasn't but Apocalyse although he always starts well, his writers get bored with him and he alwaysloses badly at the end. 

For a prime example see the 12 storyline.  Started off sweet with skrulls under Apocaplse's control and the Wolverine version of Death but completely sucked by the end.  I'll never forgive them for that.  We need more writers out there like Geoff Johns, he's loves what he is doing and he has been rocking Green Lantern for years now.  Right on Geoff!!

#231 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnowItAll said:
"

I love both characters.  Apocalypse should win based on what we know about him, but if you go by what he has actually accomplished in the comics, it's gotta be Doom.  I wish it wasn't but Apocalyse although he always starts well, his writers get bored with him and he alwaysloses badly at the end. 

For a prime example see the 12 storyline.  Started off sweet with skrulls under Apocaplse's control and the Wolverine version of Death but completely sucked by the end.  I'll never forgive them for that.  We need more writers out there like Geoff Johns, he's loves what he is doing and he has been rocking Green Lantern for years now.  Right on Geoff!!

"
How so, if I may ask?
#232 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad: How many different versions of Doom are there again? Current is the most powerful incarnation, right?
#233 Posted by WeaponX510 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio
@brainiac 1.0: lol wen u say it like that i gotta go with doom on the first scenario
#234 Posted by KnowItAll (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
As far as the prep time arguement goes, I think we can all pretty much agree that either of these characters with prep time could take the other.  That's pretty much a given.  If you don't agree you probably are biased.  I like to take these scenarios as sudden, unplanned combat, neither having foreknowledge of the event. 

I would never make light of Dooms powers, but anytime I can recall him being attacked or entering combat, unprepared, it has pretty much come down to his armors capabilities.  Now see all the times that Apocalypse has taken on whole teams of Superheroes.  A prime example of this was the time that he fought XFactor (at the time the original 5 XMen) ans the Inhumans on the moon.  Sure he had his henchmen to assist but if he see the climax of the battle, just before baby Nate gets whisked away to the future to grow into Cable, Apocaplyse is taking on everyone, and using his Celestial technology to full advantage by the way, which he normally doesn't do.  He is a megamorph, unlike a metamorph like mistique, he can increase his mass and to some extent the properties of his body.   He seems to be immune to many kinds of attacks, shrugging of things like Cyclops's blasts.  He also has the Celestials technology incorperated into his body. 

If these two suddenly bumped into eachother one day and decided to tussle, it would be a glorious fight, but Apocalypse would win.

#235 Edited by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnowItAll said:

" @Edamame: As far as the prep time arguement goes, I think we can all pretty much agree that either of these characters with prep time could take the other.  That's pretty much a given.  If you don't agree you probably are biased.  I like to take these scenarios as sudden, unplanned combat, neither having foreknowledge of the event.  I would never make light of Dooms powers, but anytime I can recall him being attacked or entering combat, unprepared, it has pretty much come down to his armors capabilities.  Now see all the times that Apocalypse has taken on whole teams of Superheroes.  A prime example of this was the time that he fought XFactor (at the time the original 5 XMen) ans the Inhumans on the moon.  Sure he had his henchmen to assist but if he see the climax of the battle, just before baby Nate gets whisked away to the future to grow into Cable, Apocaplyse is taking on everyone, and using his Celestial technology to full advantage by the way, which he normally doesn't do.  He is a megamorph, unlike a metamorph like mistique, he can increase his mass and to some extent the properties of his body.   He seems to be immune to many kinds of attacks, shrugging of things like Cyclops's blasts.  He also has the Celestials technology incorperated into his body.  If these two suddenly bumped into eachother one day and decided to tussle, it would be a glorious fight, but Apocalypse would win.  "

Which Inhumans? Also, I agree that Current Doom would probably be the only incarnation of Doom that would be able to defeat Apocalypse.  Also, what impressive thing has Apocalypse done with prep that would compare to Doom?
#236 Posted by KnowItAll (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
Have you ever heard of the Age of Apocalyse.  The only thing that was different about that world versus ours was that prof X was not in it.  With prep time Apocalypse defeated the entire planet for decades!  As far as which Inhumans... I believe they were all there but I would have to go back to those back issues to verify.
#237 Posted by Galactusischere (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is smarter than Poccy...however, Nur has [i]much[/i] more sophisticated technology, and over-all IMO is more powerful and versatile. Plus he has technopathy. 

He wins IMO.

#238 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnowItAll: Maybe you should check out  Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine #12. Or  Champions #16. Or Emporer Doom. All examples of when he took over 616. You want to get in to what they've done with prep? Secret Wars speaks for itself. First takes the powers of Galactus, then the Beyonder? Of course the Beyonder portion was retconned later, but please, point me in the direction of something that Apocalypse has as an equivalent and we'll talk.
#239 Posted by Galactusischere (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom took Beyonder's powers, because of his will power. Not intelligence.
#240 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Galactusischere said:
" Doom took Beyonder's powers, because of his will power. Not intelligence. "
No, he survived being ripped apart because of his willpower. He needed tech and prep time to create the device to do it. That's intelligence.
#241 Posted by Galactusischere (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not sure about that, but im gonna take your word for it. But that feat is irrelevant, simply because it was GALACTUS' tech that helped Doom steal Beyonder's powers. Not Doom's.    
#242 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

How is the feat irrelevant? The question wasn't what they could do with their own tech, the question is what they can do with prep. The fact that Doom could even retrofit Galactus' tech in order to take the powers of the strongest being written in Marvel comics barring TOAA is a feat in itself. In comparison, Apocalypses' use of Celestial Tech has been in comparison, unspectacular.

#243 Posted by Galactusischere (414 posts) - - Show Bio

He had Galactus' cosmic senses and powers when he did that. Nothing impressive really. 

"The question wasn't what they could do with their own tech, the question is what they can do with prep." 
If this is true, then Doom stomps. I was assuming that they would get prep only their own tech.
#244 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Galactusischere said:
" He had Galactus' cosmic senses and powers when he did that. Nothing impressive really.  "The question wasn't what they could do with their own tech, the question is what they can do with prep." If this is true, then Doom stomps. I was assuming that they would get prep only their own tech. "
There's no indication that he was using Galactus' senses when building the device in his breast plate in the story. You're trying to make things up. There's also no indication that he couldn't have accomplished this with his own tech. In Secret Wars, he wasn't afforded access to his own tech. Just what was provided for him.
#245 Edited by Galactusischere (414 posts) - - Show Bio

How am I making things up? Im only stating the facts. Doom used Galactus' tech and powers to "steal" Beyonder's powers. 
And you speak as if the tech Doom had recieved from Beyonder wasn't advanced, while it was stated to be much more advanced than the tech avalible on earth(SW I).

#246 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio
@KnowItAll said:
" @Edamame: Have you ever heard of the Age of Apocalyse.  The only thing that was different about that world versus ours was that prof X was not in it.  With prep time Apocalypse defeated the entire planet for decades!  As far as which Inhumans... I believe they were all there but I would have to go back to those back issues to verify. "
Apocalypse did not take over the entire planet. He was about to, but even then the nukes would have gone off.  Europe was all that was left.  The Human High Council already targeted Apocalypse and all of his controlled areas with nukes, so there would be nothing to rule. That said, Apocalypse was about to eradicate all of Europe as well, with nukes, I believe. 
#247 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom. For anyone who hasn't been keeping track of Fall of the Hulks, he demonstrated the ability to absorb the energy of a Hulk robot that was being fueled by the power cosmic, as well as to shrug off hits from it. He also showed that he could drain the power of Skaar. Regardless, he demonstrated the durability to take hits at least close to the level of the normal Hulk. Add that to the tech he has in his armor, and his magical abilities and I see him taking this with very little trouble.

#248 Posted by Edamame (28084 posts) - - Show Bio

I think only Current Doom could win.

#249 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
" Dr. Doom. For anyone who hasn't been keeping track of Fall of the Hulks, he demonstrated the ability to absorb the energy of a Hulk robot that was being fueled by the power cosmic, as well as to shrug off hits from it. He also showed that he could drain the power of Skaar. Regardless, he demonstrated the durability to take hits at least close to the level of the normal Hulk. Add that to the tech he has in his armor, and his magical abilities and I see him taking this with very little trouble. "
Don't forget Dr. Voodoo 1-5, more specifically the issues with him fighting alongside Drumm against Nightmare. Demonstrated the ability to transform matter in to energy and absorb someone as powerful as a fear lord again his will. Reversed the penance stare, killed essentially every other magic using character in Marvel during the battle against Nightmares army, etc.
#250 Posted by Galactusischere (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't current Doom kinda retarded? Or has that changed?