#1 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it has been done, because its a classic showdown, just want to verify something. First with 24 hours prep time, second fight random encounter.

#2 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom

#3 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse easily win. Apocalypse absorbed part of celestial's pwoer in their spaceship. And apocalypse already defeated avengerse and x-men. moreover, apocalypse can alter a reality when he absorbed twelve mutant's power.

#4 Posted by K-AOTIC (122 posts) - - Show Bio

do you know how powerfull is apocalypse hes a match for the hulk.doom on the other hand no match for the hulk nor apocalypse.

#5 Posted by The Fabulous Frag (72 posts) - - Show Bio

K-AOTIC says:

"do you know how powerfull is apocalypse hes a match for the hulk.doom on the other hand no match for the hulk nor apocalypse."

24 hours prep time, Doom could make Hulk his bitch.

Considering Doom = Reed Richards, and Reed Richards has defeated Glactacus... 24-hour prep time is enough for Doom to devise a method of destroying Apocalypse.

Doom 7/10

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223788 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom wins here if he has prep time

#7 Posted by Tahdigga (449 posts) - - Show Bio

En Sabah Nur

#8 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. Haven't heard any real reasons, for either one to claim victory.

#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse. He doesn't even really need prep time. The guy has been alive for millennia. He has contingency plans for all types of things. He has access to Celestial technology, and is an incredible genius in his own right. The only thing that kept him from taking over the world was the emergence of Charles Xavier onto the mutant world stage. If not for that, Doom would still be just another member of the Human High Council =P

#10 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"Apocalypse. He doesn't even really need prep time. The guy has been alive for millennia. He has contingency plans for all types of things. He has access to Celestial technology, and is an incredible genius in his own right. The only thing that kept him from taking over the world was the emergence of Charles Xavier onto the mutant world stage. If not for that, Doom would still be just another member of the Human High Council =P"

Well, he has had access to Celestial technology for a long time and couldn't conquer the world with it. Dr Doom is the master of contingency plans so nothing there either, and Apoc can be a genius but is not smarter than Doom. I don't think any of this points, are really overwhelming evidence against Doom, he has enough raw power and magical abilities to hold his own in direct confrontation. Thanks for the answer.

#11 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

spekqj says:

"Apocalypse easily win. Apocalypse absorbed part of celestial's pwoer in their spaceship. And apocalypse already defeated avengerse and x-men. moreover, apocalypse can alter a reality when he absorbed twelve mutant's power."

oh yeah wait, nothing doom hasn't done several times

#12 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"spekqj says:
"Apocalypse easily win. Apocalypse absorbed part of celestial's pwoer in their spaceship. And apocalypse already defeated avengerse and x-men. moreover, apocalypse can alter a reality when he absorbed twelve mutant's power."

oh yeah wait, nothing doom hasn't done several times"

Exactly.

#13 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

apocalypse definitely

#14 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing is definite in comics

#15 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

lionheart says:

"apocalypse definitely"

I just love this answers.

#16 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg says:

"Apocalypse. He doesn't even really need prep time. The guy has been alive for millennia. He has contingency plans for all types of things. He has access to Celestial technology, and is an incredible genius in his own right. The only thing that kept him from taking over the world was the emergence of Charles Xavier onto the mutant world stage. If not for that, Doom would still be just another member of the Human High Council =P"

Agreed...

I know Doom is the 2nd smartest man on Earth... But against Apocalypse!? THE SMARTEST MUTANT ON EARTH? Doom can not beat that.

#17 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Cell says:

"Korg says:

Agreed...

I know Doom is the 2nd smartest man on Earth... But against Apocalypse!? THE SMARTEST MUTANT ON EARTH? Doom can not beat that.

"

Doom cannot beat what? Please explain...

#18 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect Cell says:

"Korg says:

Agreed...

"

Doom cannot beat what? Please explain...

#19 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that doom beat sliver sliver before apocalypse cant do that. I also heard that doom beat galctus before NO WAY apocalypse can do that!

#20 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!!!

#21 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19240 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocolypse. Why is every one putting worth while characters up against Dr.Doom he is basicly useless. Even in Fantastic Four comics the Skrulls give them more problems than doom ever did. He is a genius, but you cant win like that alone. Apocolypse has had experience with every type of power there is and survived not to mention his power and strenght

#22 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

Slight says:

"Apocolypse. Why is every one putting worth while characters up against Dr.Doom he is basicly useless. Even in Fantastic Four comics the Skrulls give them more problems than doom ever did. He is a genius, but you cant win like that alone. Apocolypse has had experience with every type of power there is and survived not to mention his power and strenght"

You think that apocalypse could beat sliver surfer or galctus!

#23 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Slight says:

"Apocolypse. Why is every one putting worth while characters up against Dr.Doom he is basicly useless. Even in Fantastic Four comics the Skrulls give them more problems than doom ever did. He is a genius, but you cant win like that alone. Apocolypse has had experience with every type of power there is and survived not to mention his power and strenght"

I would like to know, what people are thinking when they, post things like this.

#24 Posted by clayton (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Apoc survived several millenia and is destined for more, where is Doom in the future. The celestials run the whole show, I doubt mysticizm can trump that. A mind swap is no good, they can both do it. Physically Apocalypse wins. I'd have to say Apocalypse wins all around. I know alot about Apoc but not too much of Doom, but Doom once said that he had more power in his one glove than the entire scheme of Onslaught, and was a key factor in Onslaughts destruction. I'm lost, I say they destroy each other and everyone around them.

#25 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse.  Doom loses to the freaking Fantastic Four.

It takes huge groups of X-Men that far outpower the Fantastic Four to beat Apocalypse.

The only Doom that would even have a chance against him is Unthinkable Doom.

#26 Posted by lionheart (1261 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse both fights

#27 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
clayton said:
"Apoc survived several millenia and is destined for more, where is Doom in the future. The celestials run the whole show, I doubt mysticizm can trump that. A mind swap is no good, they can both do it. Physically Apocalypse wins. I'd have to say Apocalypse wins all around. I know alot about Apoc but not too much of Doom, but Doom once said that he had more power in his one glove than the entire scheme of Onslaught, and was a key factor in Onslaughts destruction. I'm lost, I say they destroy each other and everyone around them."
President of the United States with cyberpathy and adimantium armor. LOL.

Seriously. Apocalypse, with Celestial technology, has NEVER conquered the world. Doom has conquered the world twice. He beat Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thor, Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Doom for the win.
#28 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I see Apocalypse having trouble with is Doom's mystic abilities. I don't know enough about them to say how they'd factor into the fight, but I do know they are quite formidable (second to Doc Strange?). Anyone else?

#29 Posted by clayton (170 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"clayton said:
"Apoc survived several millenia and is destined for more, where is Doom in the future. The celestials run the whole show, I doubt mysticizm can trump that. A mind swap is no good, they can both do it. Physically Apocalypse wins. I'd have to say Apocalypse wins all around. I know alot about Apoc but not too much of Doom, but Doom once said that he had more power in his one glove than the entire scheme of Onslaught, and was a key factor in Onslaughts destruction. I'm lost, I say they destroy each other and everyone around them."

Seriously. Apocalypse, with Celestial technology, has NEVER conquered the world. Doom has conquered the world twice. He beat Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thor, Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Doom for the win."
Did doom ever rule the universe and give it up out of boredom, or was that Thanos.
#30 Posted by clayton (170 posts) - - Show Bio
Tahdigga said:
"

En Sabah Nur

"

The fight never ended, the Hulk was convinced to cease his attack.
#31 Edited by Lunacyde (17826 posts) - - Show Bio

If you compare how they have faired when fighting powerful opponents Dooms record is far more impressive. Also Doom has had much more success even though he wasnt born with any mutant powers. Doom had to work for everything and he conquered the world twice, as well as having his own country and even ruling his own planet at one time.

Apocalypse overall has not had as much success even though he is basically indestructable and has had millenia to do it.

Apocalypse is the ultimate underrachiever

Doom is the ultimate overachiever

#32 Posted by clayton (170 posts) - - Show Bio
clayton said:
"Kimikirai said:
"clayton said:

Doom for the win."
Did doom ever rule the universe and give it up out of boredom, or was that Thanos."
He conquered during the Age of Apocalypse story arc, and was the ruler of the world in Cable's timeline. Was he not?
#33 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom

#34 Posted by clayton (170 posts) - - Show Bio
Dr. Victor von Doom said:
"Doom"

I don't really have an objection, but why?
#35 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by ClarkJosephKent1938DC (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse

Powers and Abilities

Powers

• Telekinesis
  • Instantaneous healing
  • Superhuman Durability
  • Shapeshifting into a cyborg form
  • Does not need to breathe.
  • Claimed to be able to take the powers of others for his own.

Abilities

None known.

Strength level

Unknown.

Weaknesses

Though invulnerable to multiple types of attacks, even Apocalypse cannot fight against the Phoenix Force, for it is a force of the universe.

Dr Doom

Powers and Abilities

Powers

Gypsy Magic

• Mystical Blasts
  • Mystical Forcefields
  • Invoke Entities
  • Mystical Ensnaring
  • Mystical Portals
  • Mind Transference: (Human's Only)

Abilities

Genius-level Intellect:

That being said. I don't know how Dr Doom could harn Apocalypse?

#37 Posted by Lunacyde (17826 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom has a time machine....he goes back into time and kills Apocalyspe before he gets his advanced technology....there easy

#38 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
ClarkJosephKent1983 said:

Telekinesis
Doom's armor shields him from telepathy.

Instantaneous healing
Wouldn't stop Doom. He has stop people with healing factors many times.

Superhuman Durability
Doom has WAY better durability feats than Apocalypse. Here is a list of things Doom has tanked:

• Doom tanked a shot from Pre-retcon Beyonder's barrier. This same barrier knocked Galactus unconcious, while Doom was not.
  • Doom got thrown off of Galactus' ship by Galactus personaly, and was fine.
  • Doom survived a hit from Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Shapeshifting into a cyborg form
Doesn't do much for Apoc.

Does not need to breathe.
Doesn't help.

Claimed to be able to take the powers of others for his own.
A baseless claim. Doom has actually took other's powers for his own. People MUCH stronger than Apoc.

That being said. I don't know how Dr Doom could harn Apocalypse?
His blast have taken out people WAY out of Apocalypse's league:
  1. Molecule Man
  2. Warlock
  3. Magus
The real question is what can Apocalypse do to hurt Doom?
#39 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Step on him.

Lets be honest.  Doom gets beaten by the Fantastic Four.  The only member of the Fantastic Four that could even scratch Apocalypse is Sue.

#40 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Step on him.

Lets be honest.  Doom gets beaten by the Fantastic Four.  The only member of the Fantastic Four that could even scratch Apocalypse is Sue.

#41 Posted by Lunacyde (17826 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no way he should ever lose to Fantastic Four....ohh wait fantastic Four are the heroes...they are supposed to win....ohh geez who would have thunk it?

#42 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Step on him.

Lets be honest.  Doom gets beaten by the Fantastic Four.  The only member of the Fantastic Four that could even scratch Apocalypse is Sue."
If we're to play that way, Apocalypse has got his butt kicked by the X-men numerous times.

How about this.. let's be honest. How many times has Apocalypse conquered Earth in the 616 continuum? And Dr. Doom? Who does Thanos consider a threat? Doom or Apocalypse? (hint: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ct02TheEnd1.jpg) Who has never been beaten by Magneto and who has been beaten by Magneto? Who is considered a universal threat?
#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio
Lunacyde said:
"There is no way he should ever lose to Fantastic Four....ohh wait fantastic Four are the heroes...they are supposed to win....ohh geez who would have thunk it?"
Actually they don't ever really beat him without prep.Reed owns him with intellect everytime..that's why they win.
#44 Posted by Lunacyde (17826 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't tell me that he doesnt usually lose becaus eof plot devices intended to let Reed (the hero) win. Besides that doesnt really matter to this fight.

#45 Posted by Lunacyde (17826 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Zoom said:
"Step on him.

Lets be honest.  Doom gets beaten by the Fantastic Four.  The only member of the Fantastic Four that could even scratch Apocalypse is Sue."
If we're to play that way, Apocalypse has got his butt kicked by the X-men numerous times.

How about this.. let's be honest. How many times has Apocalypse conquered Earth in the 616 continuum? And Dr. Doom? Who does Thanos consider a threat? Doom or Apocalypse? (hint: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ct02TheEnd1.jpg) Who has never been beaten by Magneto and who has been beaten by Magneto? Who is considered a universal threat?
"

All good points...
#46 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Apocalypse on this one.

#47 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio
preptime is dr. doom greatest weapon!!!
#48 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Apocalypse destroys Doom if he doesn't have prep.

#49 Edited by Hellraiser of Despair (71 posts) - - Show Bio

En'Sabah'Nur, Tyler, heck any incarnation of Apoc wins this, only 616 villains of Earth I think could really beat Apocalypse with ease are Onslaught and Charnel

#50 Posted by Lunacyde (17826 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins...we have already explained why.