#1 Posted by blazinasian112 (899 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Doom and his Doom bots decide to take on Mr. Sinister and his army of clones...will he fair better then the Phoenix Five? Who wins?

Doom has prep time, but only has knowledge of Mr. Sinister prior to his apparent death during the Messiah Complex

versus

#2 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@blazinasian112 said:

Dr. Doom and his Doom bots decide to take on Mr. Sinister and his army of clones...will he fair better then the Phoenix Five? Who wins?

Doom has prep time, but only has knowledge of Mr. Sinister prior to his apparent death during the Messiah Complex

That's all you needed to say.

#3 Posted by blazinasian112 (899 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else?

#4 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom wins effortless curbstomp!!!!

#5 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@blazinasian112:

You must really hate Mr. Sinister. 0_o;

#6 Posted by camd (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Good one, but Sinister with prep is no slouch either. Remember he was able to take on the Phoenix Five with his clones, a group that was wiping away the Avengers like Charmin (Thor, Red Hulk,etc.)

#7 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom.

#8 Edited by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom would destroy the Phoenix 5 if he wanted to.

There was a reason why Phoenix 5 did not invade Doom's country.

#9 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@camd said:

Good one, but Sinister with prep is no slouch either. Remember he was able to take on the Phoenix Five with his clones, a group that was wiping away the Avengers like Charmin (Thor, Red Hulk,etc.)

Except Doom with prep is God. He's the best comic book character with prep.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18573 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the unspecific prep time for Doom is what would probably give him the win, else they are pretty evenly matched, if anything Sinister probably has the upper hand here.

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Doom would destroy the Phoenix 5 if he wanted to.

There was a reason why Phoenix 5 did not invade Doom's country.

I think the reason Doom has not appeared during AvX is because, it is simply beneath Dr. Doom to be a part of such a lousy story arc :p

#11 Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, with prep I would say doom but it would not be a easy fight. You should make it fair either with no prep, or they both have prep. Doom is one of my favorites and I like him more then sinister, but if it was not for prep, and they fought on even grounds, then I do not know. There is a lot that sinister can do also. Get inside peoples minds, was able to manipulate prof. x since prof x was a child, and without him knowing. He's been able to take on T.K attacts against jean grey and her clone. Able to take on cable and all the xmen. And 1 of the biggest challenges would be that sinister can control his body mass to an extreme level! In other words, he is like mr fantastic, but better!

#12 Posted by Dextersinister (6152 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is such an overrated character, Sinister was better written in the last few issues of Uncanny than Doom has been in years. It took an infinitely powerful cosmic entity to stop him because the Sinister had a machine capable of predicting the actions of everyone else.

Sinister would have Doom's funeral planned out before he even got there befitting that of a fellow fake monarch.

#13 Posted by Owie (3741 posts) - - Show Bio

While normally I would go with Doom when he has prep, in this case I'm going with Sinister.  Partially this is because the prep is so unspecified, except that it says that he only has knowledge of Sinister's old self.  I read this as trying to limit his prep and say that basically Doom has an army of Doom bots and gets to make an invasion plan, but with his normal tech that an army of Doombots would have--nothing else.  While Sinister has his army of clones and whatever tech is in his Sinister-London base.

If we look at it like that--and this is just my interpretation of the OP--then I think Sinister wins, because his army of clones was pretty huge, pretty effective, and had their own self-replication facility, so he could keep making more during the fight.  And if any of them are still alive, Sinister is, at his full power.  If he has the Madelynes with him, they're pretty darn potent fighters themselves.  As is Sinister himself recently, having beaten the P5 and taken over the Dreaming Celestial, which is ridiculous but it happened.

Doom of course has major prep feats, taking over Beyonder, the Life Force, etc.  But if I just see him as making a plan to invade with Doombots, they're not that tough, and he'd eventually lose.  His personal power is below Sinister's at this point.

#14 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

While normally I would go with Doom when he has prep, in this case I'm going with Sinister. Partially this is because the prep is so unspecified, except that it says that he only has knowledge of Sinister's old self. I read this as trying to limit his prep and say that basically Doom has an army of Doom bots and gets to make an invasion plan, but with his normal tech that an army of Doombots would have--nothing else. While Sinister has his army of clones and whatever tech is in his Sinister-London base. If we look at it like that--and this is just my interpretation of the OP--then I think Sinister wins, because his army of clones was pretty huge, pretty effective, and had their own self-replication facility, so he could keep making more during the fight. And if any of them are still alive, Sinister is, at his full power. If he has the Madelynes with him, they're pretty darn potent fighters themselves. As is Sinister himself recently, having beaten the P5 and taken over the Dreaming Celestial, which is ridiculous but it happened. Doom of course has major prep feats, taking over Beyonder, the Life Force, etc. But if I just see him as making a plan to invade with Doombots, they're not that tough, and he'd eventually lose. His personal power is below Sinister's at this point.

Doom only had a few moments to 'prep' for Beyonder. He basically used his will power to gain it.

Also, each of the Doombots are stronger than Thor and Silver Surfer and each of them have Siphoning Devices in their armor. (sited: DoomBot Siphons Uni-Power from Uni-Spiderman). Doombots are also imbued magically by the Real Dr. Doom so each of them are magically enchanted and therefore cast spells too that are channeled by the real Doom.

You also have to understand that Doom's prep power is usually pointed beyond Earth, so even with one minute prep, he can beat Sinister who as 2 years of prep.

If this were Magneto and Genosha vs Sinister and his London it would be more of a fair fight. But if it were against Classic Magneto, Sinister would still lose because therefore, Magneto would have created a hole army of "ALPHA Ultimate Mutants".

#15 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom would win

#16 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom has this.

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio
@stonerthps said:

@camd said:

Except Doom with prep is God. He's the best comic book character with prep.

not true
#18 Posted by Roddy010 (5249 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Sinister has more of a chance than people are giving him and Irrc Doom was only able to absorb Beyonder's power because he (Beyonder) allowed him to.

#19 Posted by Owie (3741 posts) - - Show Bio
@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@Owie said:

While normally I would go with Doom when he has prep, in this case I'm going with Sinister. Partially this is because the prep is so unspecified, except that it says that he only has knowledge of Sinister's old self. I read this as trying to limit his prep and say that basically Doom has an army of Doom bots and gets to make an invasion plan, but with his normal tech that an army of Doombots would have--nothing else. While Sinister has his army of clones and whatever tech is in his Sinister-London base. If we look at it like that--and this is just my interpretation of the OP--then I think Sinister wins, because his army of clones was pretty huge, pretty effective, and had their own self-replication facility, so he could keep making more during the fight. And if any of them are still alive, Sinister is, at his full power. If he has the Madelynes with him, they're pretty darn potent fighters themselves. As is Sinister himself recently, having beaten the P5 and taken over the Dreaming Celestial, which is ridiculous but it happened. Doom of course has major prep feats, taking over Beyonder, the Life Force, etc. But if I just see him as making a plan to invade with Doombots, they're not that tough, and he'd eventually lose. His personal power is below Sinister's at this point.

Doom only had a few moments to 'prep' for Beyonder. He basically used his will power to gain it.

Also, each of the Doombots are stronger than Thor and Silver Surfer and each of them have Siphoning Devices in their armor. (sited: DoomBot Siphons Uni-Power from Uni-Spiderman). Doombots are also imbued magically by the Real Dr. Doom so each of them are magically enchanted and therefore cast spells too that are channeled by the real Doom.

You also have to understand that Doom's prep power is usually pointed beyond Earth, so even with one minute prep, he can beat Sinister who as 2 years of prep.

If this were Magneto and Genosha vs Sinister and his London it would be more of a fair fight. But if it were against Classic Magneto, Sinister would still lose because therefore, Magneto would have created a hole army of "ALPHA Ultimate Mutants".

Jessica Jones beat up a Doombot.

And Doom had far more than a few moments to prep for Beyonder.  He took a while to build his machine to suck out all the energy from Galactus's ship, then he used that power to create tech that took advantage of his previous readings of the Beyond-realm, which helped him figure out how to take advantage of the Beyonder's particular energy signature, essentially.  (A fact which was for some reason never taken advantage of in Secret Wars II!)  Then, using what was essentially Galactus's power, Doom attacked the big B.  But it wasn't enough, and Beyonder toasted him.  But THEN Doom willed himself to manage to touch his armor and use the tech device, and THAT let him take over the Beyonder.  So (1) it wasn't just a matter of having a few moments, it was using Galactus-level power to enable his tech, which for all we know he may well have been thinking about for a long time (2) He didn't just will it, he only willed himself to get to the Galactus-power-amped tech that stopped the Beyonder in the end.
#20 Posted by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom is a damn powerful magic user capable of giving a great fight to the Marquis of Death who wipes galaxies with a hand wave. Dr. Doom will win against this.

#21 Posted by blazinasian112 (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

You are definitely correct, Dr. Doom and Mr. Sinister are two of the brilliant minds in the Marvel universe. While I feel Dr. Doom is a master with prep, your interpretation is correct, in that this time Doom is prepping with no knowledge of what Mr. Sinister has been up to since his death in Messiah Complex and anything with Sinister London. I was interested in what people thought of a slightly handicapped Dr. Doom visiting a well prepared Mr. Sinister in his home turf.