Dovahkinn vs Dark Souls guy

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By KingOfAsh

What else to say? Fight in an open field. Who wins?

Dovahkinn, Dragonborn!
Dovahkinn, Dragonborn!
Dark Souls guy, the undying.
Dark Souls guy, the undying.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'm going with the guy from Dark Souls. He fought some pretty big and powerful creatures.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By reikai

He is called the "Chosen Undead". The two are very similar. However, Dark Souls has ended and Skyrim is still ongoing. Most of CU's equipment is player made with few being Lore Related, whereas Dovahkiin has tons of Lore Based gear and tools that he can use. Several of which are uniquely suited for dealing with Undead.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KingOfAsh

@reikai said:

He is called the "Chosen Undead". The two are very similar. However, Dark Souls has ended and Skyrim is still ongoing. Most of CU's equipment is player made with few being Lore Related, whereas Dovahkiin has tons of Lore Based gear and tools that he can use. Several of which are uniquely suited for dealing with Undead.

Don't forget that Dark Souls guy (Chosen Undead) can reverse hollowing

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cooljammy18

Depends on the build of the Chosen Undead. The Chosen Undead has accomplished many incredible things. Killing a primordial demon that threatened the world with the Abyss when Artorias failed, freed himself/herself from the Asylum, traverse Sen's Fortress and became one of the few, if only human to prove themselves worthy of entering Anor Londo; attain the Lordvessel after defeating the Captain of the Four Knights, Ornstein, and his tough companion Smough, killed the Four Kings who threaten to plague the world of the Abyss again, killed the mother of all Demons, killed Gravelord (death god) Nito, and killed Lord Gwyn, God of Sunlight and ruler of Lordran. After the defeat of Gwyn, he/she could choose to continue the Age of Fire or becoming the Dark Lord. For this battle, let's use the CU becoming the Dark Lord as a feat. I believe that ending is canon too unless someone can verify.

I'm going the the Chosen Undead. Many items that can provide boosts in power and agility, resistances, magic spells etc. Seemingly better in H2H combat, but I say that because Dark Souls has a better combat system in my opinion lol.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Inverno

The mortal with dragon-god soul that can become a Assassin/werewolf/wizard/Nightingale/Vampire against the undead that pretty much everyone can kill in one-hit? Yeah sure...

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By reikai

I don't believe that Dovahkiin can "hollow" him. However, there are several abilities of his that can directly attack CU's soul. In Dark Souls, CU uses the souls of dragons he kills to create equipment. In Skyrim, Dovahkiin consumes the souls of the Dovah to empower his shouts and, according to the lore, like the first Dragonborn, Miraak, he becomes more powerful with each dragon's soul he devours.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cooljammy18

@CaioTrubat said:

The mortal with dragon-god soul that can become a Assassin/werewolf/wizard/Nightingale/Vampire against the undead that pretty much everyone can kill in one-hit? Yeah sure...

Your character must of sucked then lol.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dextersinister

Horrible stomp in Dovahkin's favour, far more powerful in lore and in game. Can outright mind control the undead or use any of the other various method's to completely take down a human sized target and is capable of effecting actual souls with magic.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KingOfAsh

@CaioTrubat: Not meaning to take sides, but everyone who one shotted him did tend to be iron golems, gargoyles, giant etherial hydras, deathlords, flesh-eating treasure chests and onwards...

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SNascimento

I wonder how powerful the chosen undead gets when he becomes the dark lord. I always got the feeling he becomes some kind of a god.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By reikai

Looking at a list of things, the Dovahkiin had to kill at least 66 dragons of various types in order to have enough souls to unlock all of the shouts (some of which are learned wholly by other means like the Graybeards, Parthurnaax and such)

As for mindcontrolling undead. Well, that worked on Draugr, which aren't anything like the CU, so I wouldn't say that it would work with him. Soul Tear would still work, but it's not a one shot. Mehrunes Razor, however, is an insta-kill weapon and an artifact granted to Dovahkiin by Mehrunes Dagon, the Daedric Prince of Destruction, Domination and Change.

Lore wise, anyone struck with it dies. Game wise, they had to change it from insta-kill to a chance to insta-kill very early on, since it technically made it the most overpowered item in the game right from the get-go.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dextersinister

@reikai: His mind control worked on anything from vampire master's to robot's, paralysis would work as well, or being frozen, .

Lore and in game the CU is a normal dude with some enchanted equipment that takes down giant monsters in the same vein as heroes of the fantasy genre by avoiding blows and hacking at there weak spot's, Dovahkin on the other hand does it with raw power.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cooljammy18

hmmmm, might change my opinion.

@KingOfAsh said:

@CaioTrubat: Not meaning to take sides, but everyone who one shotted him did tend to be iron golems, gargoyles, giant etherial hydras, deathlords, flesh-eating treasure chests and onwards...

Even then you would hardly get one-shotted by them unless your vitality is extremely low, or not high enough during NG+.

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Inphase

Both fully upgraded with the best stuff from there games? Dark Souls guy.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By reikai

Vampire Masters and Dwemer Constructs are a septim a dozen in Skyrim. Now if it could work on people like, say, Serana and Harkon, then that would be impressive. But against no-named figures, it doesn't amount to much.
@Inphase said:

Both fully upgraded with the best stuff from there games? Dark Souls guy.

Not really. You try going strictly by Game Mechanics and nobody ever dies because their abilities, equipment and Skills make them all but invulnerable to harm. Add in healing spells and self-regenerating magic, and the fight just goes on forever. Unless Dovahkiin gets a lucky shot with Mehrunes Razor.
Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dredeuced

Dovahkin gets wrecked by Homing Crystal Soul Mass. That junk one shots giant dragons when you get decked out, lol.

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Inphase

@reikai: I'm not going by game mechanics. I was just stating that if they both were fully upgraded with the equipment they have access to from their respective series, The Chosen Undead would win. Going by game mechanics would be like "Well in Dark Souls you can have more stamina, so Dovahkiin loses."

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dextersinister

@reikai: Again that's game mechanic's that prevents you from effecting them, Vampire Master's or Deathlord's are suppose to be rare powerful individual but game mechanic's eventually have you stumble across them like blade f grass. There is no lore reason the main character of Darksoul's should be immune.

Skyrim wasn't as harsh and you can regenerate indefinitely in Dark Soul's you always have limited resources.

@Dredeuced: When you get decked out in Skyrim you are effectively immune to magic.

Dark Soul's is a game where your one amongst many if you succeed you are the one that got to the end if you don't you are simply another undead that loses his mind.

Skyrim is a power trip fantasy adventure about a singular chosen one.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By reikai
@Inphase said:

@reikai: I'm not going by game mechanics. I was just stating that if they both were fully upgraded with the equipment they have access to from their respective series, The Chosen Undead would win. Going by game mechanics would be like "Well in Dark Souls you can have more stamina, so Dovahkiin loses."

Well, I was going by lore. Dovahkiin has two items that, by their Lore, would make him virtually impervious to harm. Auriel's Bow, while not a defensive tool, was said to still make its bearer almost impossible to injure. Auriel's Shield makes him virtually indestructible. 

Furthering this are the Armor Spells, like Dragonflesh, which increases all of Dovahkiin's resistances by 80%. Essentially making his flesh as hard as the strongest dragons hide. That would be much greater than stone, mind you, which seems to make up most of the dragons in Dark Souls.

Then Dovahkiin has things that can strip away immense magical power and drain it, like the Staff of Magnus. And then you have the mad tidings of Sheogorath to deal with in the form of the Wabbajack. If CU got hit with that, it could be a one-shot victory since it transmutes the target with a random effect, ranging from elemental damage to turning them into a bunny, or making them into a Sweet Roll.

Dovahkiin also has Dawnbreaker, an artifact of Meridia that was forged from the light of creation that burns away darkness and corruption. Meridia so hates Undead and it's reflected in the Dawnbreaker's abilities as it's extremely effective against undead enemies like Draugr and Vampires.

Among other things, Dovahkiin also has the Gauldur Amulet, which makes him immensely powerful as a single fragment of which was enough to make each of Gauldur's three sons capable of taking on armies by themselves.

In some of the lore, Voice Masters could do incredible feats. A previous Dovahkiin I believe had even shattered a castle with a Thu'um. As it is, the current Dovahkiin is the most powerful in history, supposedly even greater than Tiber Septim who'd become a God.
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dextersinister

@reikai: I remember on my first playthrough getting the Gaulder amulet together and being let down by how basic it's final effect was.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By reikai
@Dextersinister said:

@reikai: I remember on my first playthrough getting the Gaulder amulet together and being let down by how basic it's final effect was.

Indeed, but that's just a game mechanic. The Lore on it makes it more beastly. Most of the stuff you find in game generally doesn't end up comparing to what you can make yourself with the exception that the Lore makes a number of them absurdly powerful. After a while you're just so powerful anyway, you're gear just becomes an aesthetic choice for appearances sake rather than getting boons.

You get to the point where you can kill Legendary Dragons with one or two shots from a bow. At which point you're just waiting for the next DLC to see if they can actually make something harder.
KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KingOfAsh

@cooljammy18: I'm just saying that Dark Souls enemies aren't exactly Turtles or Mushrooms

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby

Based on Comparative Difficulty of the Games...The Chosen Undead wins in a slaughterstomp...The Dovahkin never faced anything even remotely as challenging as what CU had to go through.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dextersinister

@Shawnbaby said:

Based on Comparative Difficulty of the Games...The Chosen Undead wins in a slaughterstomp...The Dovahkin never faced anything even remotely as challenging as what CU had to go through.

That's terrible logic if you could slow down time or summon dragons and demons it would have made it a lot less challenging, Dark Soul's was tougher because the main character was not suppose to represent a very powerful character.

DS was also artificially tougher imagine how much easier it would be if you could have saved anywhere.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Dextersinister said:

@Shawnbaby said:

That's terrible logic if you could slow down time or summon dragons and demons it would have made it a lot less challenging, Dark Soul's was tougher because the main character was not suppose to represent a very powerful character.

DS was also artificially tougher imagine how much easier it would be if you could have saved anywhere.

I was mostly joking

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dextersinister

@Shawnbaby: It's hard to tell on this site.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Laurcus

The entire Dark Souls world is very weak. Or at least, stat wise they are. And it's difficult to judge Dark Souls by lore because so much of Dark Souls lore is speculative because it takes a very minimalistic approach to storytelling. While that's kind of awesome in the game and leads to a unique experience, it doesn't mesh very well with Comic Vine battles.

The strongest enemies in the game, stat wise, are only about 3-4 times stronger than the most basic enemies, which are slow zombies wielding rusty and broken equipment. And the other characters don't have particularly impressive feats of strength, speed or energy projection. I mean, everything in that game can be beaten by rolling through enemy attacks at the right time, because they're so freaking slow.

It really seems to me like the Chosen Undead is just a street level character, and even the dragons he fights aren't that tough. Fun fact, did you know getting hit with a ripost from an Undead Knight of Balder, a very weak enemy type, is always a one hit killing no matter how much health and armor you have? Stab in the gut > Chosen Undead.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By KingOfAsh

@Laurcus: Well street level characters aren't able to defeat creatures made of pure metal. And doesn't Squirrel Girl get all her feats from beating other characters, despite having no feats otherwise?

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Laurcus

@KingOfAsh said:

@Laurcus: Well street level characters aren't able to defeat creatures made of pure metal. And doesn't Squirrel Girl get all her feats from beating other characters, despite having no feats otherwise?

Why not? Especially when magic weapons are involved.

I don't see what Squirrel Girl has to do with anything in this thread.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By reikai
@KingOfAsh said:

@cooljammy18: I'm just saying that Dark Souls enemies aren't exactly Turtles or Mushrooms

The weakest enemies in Skyrim are Mudcrabs and Skeever's, aka ROUS' (Rodents of Unusual Size). You go from there to Bears and Sabercats that would maul you to death very early in the game. Bears are like the ultimate evil in Skyrim. You finish killing a group of Bandits, then a bear comes out of nowhere and murders you.

Razero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Razero

Dragonborn is too versatile.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Dark Souls guy gets blown up to pieces by a single FUS...

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dragonborn stomps.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@reikai said:

@KingOfAsh

said:

The weakest enemies in Skyrim are Mudcrabs and Skeever's, aka ROUS' (Rodents of Unusual Size). You go from there to Bears and Sabercats that would maul you to death very early in the game. Bears are like the ultimate evil in Skyrim. You finish killing a group of Bandits, then a bear comes out of nowhere and murders you.

Actually Sabre cats are even worse in my opinion.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you all realize that the CU becomes a god at the end...right?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dextersinister

Dark souls was very vague on the lore and that would go against it, rather than horde the flame for himself the pygmy had it spread out among all of humanity. One of the few things we do know is that the gods where trying to prevent the end of the age of gods and beginning of the age of man, the creation of another god would make no sense.

Even then Dragonborn is mountain shattering powerful within the lore of Skyrim.

If we go by mechanics as silent protagonists with no cut scene feats we put them at equal skill with there equipment but the Dragonborn has abilities and supernatural advantages coming out his ass because it's a game a being a badass, Dark Souls puts you at a disadvantage because your suppose to be the underdog.

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jamesisaacs

The Skyrim shouts aren't even that powerful. FUS is nothing much and wouldn't really breach the magic shield of the CU let alone kill the dude. To the CU, the Dovahkinn is just another magic wielding humanoid to get rid of.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ssejllenrad

Both fall short compared to the Arisen/Seneschal! :D

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played with dark souls.. dragonborn due to sheer fanboyism :D

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dextersinister

The Skyrim shouts aren't even that powerful. FUS is nothing much and wouldn't really breach the magic shield of the CU let alone kill the dude. To the CU, the Dovahkinn is just another magic wielding humanoid to get rid of.

Within the lore FUS was described as ripping open fortress doors and then you got the ability that upgraded it to disintegration.

With the amount of upgrades in Skyrim you become magic immune permanently rather than for a fixed amount of time and then your up against a guy who can summon demons and dragons as well as give himself the strength and durability of a dragon. Magic was easily one of Dark Souls weakest aspects, the pvp aspect heavily limited what they could do with it.

Imagine how broken an invisible summoner would be in Dark Souls with effectively unlimited castings.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jamesisaacs said:

For Game Mechanics, Fus does little more than make enemies stumble a bit. Lore wise, that one word is enough to shatter barricades and breach castle walls. "Voice Masters" were called in to destroy castle walls so that the human armies could invade and take out the Dragon Priests and their followers.

Martin Septim III died and became a Dragon God. Lorewise, he's a whole lot weaker than the Dovhakiin of the 4E.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rozalia

Wrath of God to knock Dovahkinn down and then the backstab for the finish is how this fight would go.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Auriel's Shield blocks both and then Mehrune's Razor insta-kills CU.

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Inphase

The chosen undead kills dovahkiin easily, he can just drain his humanity and destroy him.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By reikai

@inphase said:

The chosen undead kills dovahkiin easily, he can just drain his humanity and destroy him.

That's the same as just saying Dovahkiin uses Soul Tear and shatters CU's spirit and kills him instantly.

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

excuse me but FUS RO DAH = game over

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Inphase

@reikai: The Chosen Undead also seems to have better feats.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lorewise he doesn't. I believe they made mention before that, given the lore, the Dovahkiin's shout is powerful enough to span an entire continent. And dealing with Aedra/Daedra (Gods/Demons) who, when they physically "die", their bodies become planets which're also dimensions all their own, quite outranks those in Dark Souls.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

My Dragonborn STOMPS HARD.