• 86 results
#51 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. Elder Scrolls dragons are one of the stronghest around. They can do anything with Thu'um and are smart as Einstein. Stomp in Dovahkiin favor.

#52 Posted by reikai (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized: "Energy is energy, no matter it's shape or form". This is true for all fiction. And I don't read DC comics and don't care much for them. And we would have different things to say about the likes of Doc Strange because of the Intricacy and Extent of the magic he has used, which included fending off Shuma-Gorath within his own realm (a Universe-Sized creature) and becoming the Avatar of Eternity for a time.

So, you can't use that argument without subjecting Eragon to it as well since he'd even more easily be slapped down by the Master of Magic.

Also, Dragonborn manipulates time as well and has regularly killed teleporters. Like the Graybeards, he can kill with a word, and has proven that his Thu'um is more powerful than that of a Alduin's, a Dragon God and the Son of Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time. Which is also greater than that of Miraak and Vahlok, whose powers were so great as to rupture the land in their conflict and tore a section away from Skyrim into what is now the island of Solstheim.

Already proven that the Dragonborn has rather superb speed and reaction as he can easily evade and dodge arrows like nothing and hitting dragons in flight. The Graybeards can shake the very world with their Voice, and it could not harm the Dragonborn.

They who, by evidence of Parthurnaax himself, who taught man the Voice, were not as strong as the first Tongues who faced Alduin in battle; Hakon, Gormlaith and Felldir. They whose voices combined could not defeat Alduin. And according to Parthurnaax, no one has ever defeated Alduin in open battle, not until the Last Dragonborn came. Felldir had to use an Elder Scroll to banish Alduin and cast him adrift on the currents of time. The Dovahkiin had no need to.

And, btw, the Dovahkiin has Three Elder Scrolls in his possession. Which're fragments of the creation of the universe and objects to which even the Gods would not touch upon lightly. And then Seven Black Books of Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Prince of Knowledge and Fate who hoards secrets within his realm of Oblivion, Apocrypha, which takes on the twisted form of an immense library spanning for eternity.

Books which have driven many others to insanity, which is documented within TES Lore and in written books found in Skyrim and Solstheim. One book can drive others to madness just by interacting with it. The Dragonborn collected Seven of them, and withstood them. This is going ontop of one of Hermaeus Mora's primary artifacts in the world, a book known as the Oghma Infinium.

#53 Edited by Funsiized (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Again. How in what way exactly, is the dragon born going to Stop Eragon from simply twisting Him out of space. Please. Explain. In that long rant, you still did not answer that question, simply Went on about lore. and Made powerscaling claims. that still never answered my main questions. so i ask one more time.

How, EXACTLY, is Dovahkiin stopping Eragon from Twisting Him into a picket dimension, How is he stopping Eragon from silencing him< when he doesn't even have to directly silence him. Please. answer these and than i can come in agreement with you.

also the dodging arrows is weak, Eragon caught on out of the sky while he was flying on Saphira. And you have shown e can gain high Magic Resistance, but what is to say that Will work on magic. that has no external form, and simply is an affect? again, i bring up Thrysta, It stops one Heart near instantly. And has no physical form. Has Dragonborn blocked something on this level? Eragon could also Blind him. Now that would be funny.

the way i see this fight going down is simple.

• Eragon silences him By making it so none can hear his voice.
  • Eragon also blinds him.(Not direct magic.Bends lights so they never enter the eye)
  • Eragon Proceeeds to command the winds to break every single bone in DragonMan body.(Again, not direct magic.)
  • Warps him into a Pocket in space.(AGAIN Not direct magic.)
  • Lets his Wards do the talking and tank EVERYTHING DragonPerson throws his way. And Takes him out Mano y Mano, Cause Eragon has a Few better combat feats as far as im concerned, You post About DragonGuy Beating all these people, but how. That's the problem with using lore as a Feat, you don't know the specifics. Eragon has detailed Feats(causing a chest to cave in with a casual swipe of his hand, closing about 100 Yards in two steps. Matching Arya in single combat. Blitzing soldiers with little to no effort.)
  • And if you want to bring gear in, I can bring in The Dauthdart(Protects Eragon from near all kinds of harm, TinkleDeath(Sharpest blade in existence. though chance he can't get this as it isn't his) All the Eldunari Obv. ETc.

Tell em exactly how Dragonborn counters this and viola, you might have actually won me over.

#54 Edited by Skaddix (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the first question is how the Dovahkin's defense against mind crushing because that is the first technique that Eragon is going to try.

#55 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14189 posts) - - Show Bio

@funsiized: Btw, what if dragon born gets 100% resistance to magic? 0_0

#56 Posted by Funsiized (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Would be pointless against the points i made, as all the stuff i stated Doesn't affect him directly.

#57 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

Eragon cuts him with Tinkledeath

And then it's just GG the game

#58 Posted by i_like_swords (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Again. How in what way exactly, is the dragon born going to Stop Eragon from simply twisting Him out of space. Please. Explain. In that long rant, you still did not answer that question, simply Went on about lore. and Made powerscaling claims. that still never answered my main questions. so i ask one more time.

How, EXACTLY, is Dovahkiin stopping Eragon from Twisting Him into a picket dimension, How is he stopping Eragon from silencing him< when he doesn't even have to directly silence him. Please. answer these and than i can come in agreement with you.

also the dodging arrows is weak, Eragon caught on out of the sky while he was flying on Saphira. And you have shown e can gain high Magic Resistance, but what is to say that Will work on magic. that has no external form, and simply is an affect? again, i bring up Thrysta, It stops one Heart near instantly. And has no physical form. Has Dragonborn blocked something on this level? Eragon could also Blind him. Now that would be funny.

the way i see this fight going down is simple.

• Eragon silences him By making it so none can hear his voice.
  • Eragon also blinds him.(Not direct magic.Bends lights so they never enter the eye)
  • Eragon Proceeeds to command the winds to break every single bone in DragonMan body.(Again, not direct magic.)
  • Warps him into a Pocket in space.(AGAIN Not direct magic.)
  • Lets his Wards do the talking and tank EVERYTHING DragonPerson throws his way. And Takes him out Mano y Mano, Cause Eragon has a Few better combat feats as far as im concerned, You post About DragonGuy Beating all these people, but how. That's the problem with using lore as a Feat, you don't know the specifics. Eragon has detailed Feats(causing a chest to cave in with a casual swipe of his hand, closing about 100 Yards in two steps. Matching Arya in single combat. Blitzing soldiers with little to no effort.)
  • And if you want to bring gear in, I can bring in The Dauthdart(Protects Eragon from near all kinds of harm, TinkleDeath(Sharpest blade in existence. though chance he can't get this as it isn't his) All the Eldunari Obv. ETc.

Tell em exactly how Dragonborn counters this and viola, you might have actually won me over.

I can list a few ways to begin with. Shouts the first word of slow time as the fight starts, casts invisibility, paralyzes Eragon while invisible not giving Eragon any time to react, and from there he's easy pickings.

Alternatively he could slow time and use a combination of the shouts "Soul Tear", "Drain Vitality" and "Marked for Death", which weakens Eragons Health, Stamina and Magic, tears away at his soul, ignoring armor of any kind, and weakens his overall life force and armor rating.

The Dovahkiin also has a vast number of different summons to aid him. He can call a spectral assassin, any two conjuration summons he wishes, a Dragon and more I probably can't remember.

Also, what's to say the Dovahkiin doesn't use bend will and dragonrend on Saphira? That'd be especially bad mid-flight.

Arrow dodging may be "weak" but what about dodging lightning magic?

Er, I don't see why you don't think the Dovahkiins magic resistance is worth anything here. Whats so different about Eragons magic to the Dovahkiins? If we're going to play the "your spell won't work in my universe" game, then we can just say that any of your defensive or even offensive spells won't work on the Dragonborn. Fact is, he does have an impressive resistance to magic and there's not really any two ways about it.

Besides, I think rekrai has made a pretty solid case about the Dovahkiins various feats. He's literally the master of all trades.

I forgot to mention he can mind manipulate Eragon using illusion magic..

I've read both your arguments, btw, but I just can't see a full potential Dovahkiin losing this.

#59 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Eragon's silencing is instant. He's used it to stop a soldier from shouting the alarm, he can use it on Dovahkiin.

Also if we're talking spell vs ward Eragon can pour the energy of a million men into his spell.

#60 Posted by i_like_swords (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Eragon's silencing is instant. He's used it to stop a soldier from shouting the alarm, he can use it on Dovahkiin.

Also if we're talking spell vs ward Eragon can pour the energy of a million men into his spell.

Define "instant." It doesn't just happen passively or when it needs to. Eragon would need to focus his spell or whatever he does to direct the magic energy and target the Dovahkiin. There's also the matter of his magical resistances.

Besides all of that, in a random encounter, why would that be the first thing Eragon would do? Would he just somehow know that this guy can shout? I doubt it.

It takes less than a second for the Dovahkiin to say the first slow time spell. It probably takes the same time for this silencing spell, which Eragon wouldn't use right away anyway.

Aside from that, the Dovahkiin has plenty of "instant" powers that don't require to be spoken or hand-cast.

I can't remember them all, but they include things like invisibility (which Eragon can't get around), paralyze and as a Vampire, calm spells and even more invisibility spells. So realistically speaking the first thing the Dovahkiin should do is use on of these instant cast spells.

Supposing Eragon silences the Dovahkiin right off the bat, which he wouldn't think to do? The Dovahkiin is now either invisible or has paralyzed Eragon. Take your pick, he's screwed either way in that scenario.

#61 Edited by Funsiized (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

@i_like_swords:

Also, Summons probably wouldn't help him much with Saphira there, there is always PIS Dragon magic.

I don't think the Magic Resistance is anything, not because "it's from a different universe" but because, im not actually using magic ON Dragon born.

The winds is Magic applied to well the wind. The bend space is again distorting the Air AROUND the dovahkiin. Silencing is AROUND The dovahkiin. blinding is Bending the Light from ever reaching his eyes.

Get my point?

and Dragon rend and bend will Would probably not work on Saphira, who has Eragon and about 300-400 Dragon minds to keep her in line.

Which brings up the question, How is Dovahkiin Subverting Eragons TP.

So my point is, While Everything Dragonguy has gets either nullified Or blocked by wards that casually tanked a nuke. Eragon has soo many ways of subverting DragonMans Defenses.

#62 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I just defined instant.

Eragon crossed a corner saw a soldier about to shout (and not just in the drawing-in-breath stage, at the 'sound is about to come out') and instantly silenced him.

Given that Dovahkiin has no moral or character since he's a video game character the same should be done to Eragon.

If both characters get into a magical struggle neither can do anything but pour energy into their spell/ward without dying.

#63 Edited by i_like_swords (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I just defined instant.

Eragon crossed a corner saw a soldier about to shout (and not just in the drawing-in-breath stage, at the 'sound is about to come out') and instantly silenced him.

Given that Dovahkiin has no moral or character since he's a video game character the same should be done to Eragon.

Yeah, he silenced a regular guard who was about to sound the alarm. He has no similar reason to do it in this scenario and even if he could get that spell off he'd be paralyzed or wouldn't be able to see the Dovahkiin. I prefer paralyzed personally.

I don't know what you meant by that last sentence. I was saying Eragon wouldn't know about the Dovahkiins ability to shout so he wouldn't instantly try to silence him. Why would he try to silence someone mid-combat anyway? He did it as a stealth tactic in the situation you're talking about. He'd be more worried about incoming spells than someone cracking a one liner.

He gets paralyzed off the bat. Most efficient way to end the fight quick as far as I know.

@i_like_swords:

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@i_like_swords:

Also, Summons probably wouldn't help him much with Saphira there, there is always PIS Dragon magic.

I don't think the Magic Resistance is anything, not because "it's from a different universe" but because, im not actually using magic ON Dragon born.

The winds is Magic applied to well the wind. The bend space is again distorting the Air AROUND the dovahkiin. Silencing is AROUND The dovahkiin. blinding is Bending the Light from ever reaching his eyes.

Get my point?

and Dragon rend and bend will Would probably not work on Saphira, who has Eragon and about 300-400 Dragon minds to keep her in line.

Which brings up the question, How is Dovahkiin Subverting Eragons TP.

So my point is, While Everything Dragonguy has gets either nullified Or blocked by wards that casually tanked a nuke. Eragon has soo many ways of subverting DragonMans Defenses.

Magic applied to the wind. Magic applied to the air. Those elements are nothing without the magic guiding them. What you don't get is is that once the magic that's pushing is absorbed they lose all momentum or power.

Hmm, well let's see. They worked on the immortal godlike Elder Scrolls dragons, whom in their very nature are dominant over all other life, and spent the whole of their early lives ruling over and dominating all of mankind. Unlike Saphira they have never had a master. They respect power. The most powerful Dragons have the most respect. To be able to tame one and ride it, or take away it's power of flight is what true power is. Saphira is blatantly a weaker kind of dragon than the Elder Scrolls types, and the fact she has masters and can be commanded leads me to believe the DRAGONborn, who has manipulated STRONGER dragons with NO former master can take control of Saphira. There's plenty of evidence to suggest the claims I'm making so the whole "it probably won't work" thing is just moot.

The Dovahkiin is a master of illusion magic, and has never once had it used against him. Also, being near enough the strongest being on nirn is enough to suggest that not even the most powerful illusionist could control him. The stronger you are, the harder you are to manipulate. As rekrai said, the Dovahkiin survived full sentences from the Greybeards, guys who can have their voice heard throughout all of Skyrim and would tear apart a normal human with but a whisper, so that makes him pretty strong. The TP definitely wouldn't work immediately to say the very least.

Besides, what's Eragons answer to an instant non-spoken non-hand cast illusion calm spell that works on some of the most powerful enemies in the game?

He doesn't really to be honest. He has no answer for his magic resistance, TP resistance, instant casting paralysis/calm spells/invisibility spells, or the fact he could kill or command his Dragon in an instant if he wanted to.

#64 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

You're choosing exactly how you want the fight to go because your char has no personality.

Logically I should be able to do the same and control Eragon however I see fit.

#65 Edited by i_like_swords (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

You're choosing exactly how you want the fight to go because your char has no personality.

Logically I should be able to do the same and control Eragon however I see fit.

A full potential Dovahkiin is smart enough to use the quickest weapons in his arsenal to put someone down.

And not really. The Dovahkiin doesn't need prior knowledge to know paralyzing or calming an enemy or going invisible is a good idea. And btw, that isn't picking the fight how I want it to go. I just gave you three potential options, not one.

Eragon however would need prior knowledge to know that shouting is one of the Dovahkiins greatest weapons, otherwise he wouldn't even think to use his silencing spell.

#66 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

If Eragon is in character odds are Dragonborn tries to paralyze him, Eragon waves if off via wards, same for anything else.

Eventually Dovahkiin will use a really powerful attack that Eragon will need to go very deep into his reserves to use; this will make him drained and frustrated and bashwam dragon magic.

#67 Posted by i_like_swords (7521 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

If Eragon is in character odds are Dragonborn tries to paralyze him, Eragon waves if off via wards, same for anything else.

Eventually Dovahkiin will use a really powerful attack that Eragon will need to go very deep into his reserves to use; this will make him drained and frustrated and bashwam dragon magic.

Eragon won't be able to react in time. This spell is instant and only requires a thought to use, whereas a ward takes direction and time.

I don't think you get just how powerful the Dovahkiin is with and without his shouts.

He can potentially have unlimited shouts by a combination of alchemy and an enchantment.

Supposing this is the case? Slows time, casts Storm call to wreck havoc on Eragon and Saphira, bends Saphiras will and brings her under his control, uses whirlwind sprint to get up behind Eragon and quickly drop an AoE paralyze behind his ward, use AoE destruction attacks, use lightning magic to drain Eragons magic, use soul tear, drain vitality and marked for death when the opening arises, goes invisible and slits Eragons throat with two poisoned daggers, manipulates his mind and makes him calm or forces him to run in fear.. so so many options. I'm not even mentioning everything that can be in done in any number of combinations. Eragon is outclassed in terms of versatility and overall toughness.

#68 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords:

Um

You know Eragon's wards are always up, right? o_O It's vital to the books; if someone tries to attack him the ward will just leech off his own energy until either the attacks stop or he dies.

#69 Posted by reikai (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

Um

You know Eragon's wards are always up, right? o_O It's vital to the books; if someone tries to attack him the ward will just leech off his own energy until either the attacks stop or he dies.

Given any number of combinations the Dovahkiin can cast all spells for virtually no magicka at all, plus special abilities that can reduce the cost of all magic to nothing for a limited time.

He could use the first word of "Slow Time" which is near instantaneous, then cast Lightning Storm, which is a continuous lightning beam at Eragon and Saphira. Which would drain his wards and magic critically very quickly and given it's continuous, would pretty much be enough to kill them both once their magic reserves are gone. Destruction Lightning perks would reduce them to ashes.

The Lightning Storm spell is often the joke of many Kamehameha memes.

#70 Posted by Hiraphor (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, time to ruin the party.

Eragon's spells will not affect the thu'um. Remember Murtagh and the grub? His pain-killing spells didn't work because the burrow grub was not of the world. The thu'um is also not of Alagaesia. It doesn't matter if you can hear it, it's the understanding and intention of the word (which is why anyone other than a Dragonborn or Dragon has to study for years). This means it will pass straight through the wards, because the Ancient Language doesn't know about the thu'um! Meaning, there are no existing wards to protect you from it.

Bend Will shout on Saphira. Eragon is screwed here, because he can't fight his own dragon.

Storm Call's lightning will blast them from the sky

Dragonrend will bring Saphira down, and Eragon would share the burden of mortality because of their mental link, making him unable to think straight giving Dovahkiin an easy win.

I saw a comment about blinding him. Well, doesn't matter, he can still see the Auras and fight like that.

Dragon Aspect will give him the armour and strength of a dragon, thus allowing him to crush Eragon.

Warps Dovahkiin into a pocket of space. Remember this spell took a lot of time to cast? At least a couple of minutes with Eragon repeating after Umaroth. Well Dovahkiin can just slow time and leisurely slash Eragon to ribbons.

If Eragon brings Eldunari, it'll only make Dovahkiin STRONGER. Remember he ABSORBS DRAGON SOULS? That's his talent. But Eragon won't know that, and he'll bring the 300-400 Eldunari. Which will result in Dovahkiin becoming strong as F*** and blowing his a55 to Sovngarde.

I have to remind you that Eragon does not KNOW about the thu'um or anything from Dovahkiins world, whereas the Dragonborn will be expecting magical attacks as well as physical.

Also, Durnehviir and Odahviing together would rip Saphira limb from limb, although E+S would die even without their help.

Storm Call, Soul Tear, Bend Will, Dragonrend... Eragon and Saphira are screewwwwwwwwwwwwwed

#71 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiraphor:

I like how you leave out the part where Eragon gives them a Name in the Ancient Language.

Murtagh also specifically says that Galbatorix would know how, given that Galbatorix gave the grub a command in the Ancient Language to go into her.

Given that Galbatorix's only major magical knowledge was the Name of Names, which Eragon now knows, and that he didn't know what unspoken magic was, it's safe to say that Eragon>Galbatorix in knowledge, thus Eragon would know how.

#72 Posted by Hiraphor (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium

Eragon finds a name for them eventually. He won't have time to in the middle of a battle, with Dovahkiin shouting him into the ground.

Murtagh's spells didn't work because the grub wasn't in the natural order of things. It had no name. I don't understand where you're getting at here........................................

I still don't know what you're getting at in paragraph 3. This is about Dovahkiin beating Eragon, not Galbatorix. I'm saying Eragon can't 'mute the thu'um' and it will pass through his wards. He will need time to make a name for it, to decide what it truly is. Time is something Dovahkiin is very good at slowing :P

#73 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiraphor:

1) I dunno man, shouldn't be too difficult to find a name for 'shout'

2) Murtagh's spells didn't work because he didn't know the Name of Names at that point. Galbatorix's spells did work. I don't understand what you're getting at here.

3) Since we're playing the 'your magic doesn't work in my universe' card, what's to stop Eragon from just thinking 'die' and the Dragonborn...dying? Since obviously magic that's not from his universe won't work, right?

#74 Edited by Hiraphor (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium

1) When you're being attacked, slashes, your dragon being forced to the ground with you sharing the burden of mortality, so heavy it stops her from flying by breaking her concentration so much (especially with the mental bond) it'll be kinda tricky.

2) He used spells to numb the pain against everything in the natural order of things. The thu'um would pass clean through the wards until it has a name that can be used.

3) Well the Dragonrend will stop you from thinking straight. Even if he does choke out the words, this guy has the Armour and Aspect of a Dragon, plus wards all around him that defend everything, natural or not. Eragon's magic (as said in the book) wouldn't work in Tamriel, but no-one said Tamrielic magic didn't work in different locations. It always blocks from harm.

#75 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiraphor:

1) Dovahkiin does a shout. Eragon is like 'a shout? that's ____ in the ancient language!' and then blocks it. Eragon is faster than Dovahkiin, also.

2) I feel like you're not getting the whole 'if you know the Name of Names, this rule does not apply' thing here...

3) Excuse me, 'choke out the words'? You do know that Murtagh and Eragon can do nonverbal magic, right? And Eragon's wards always block from harm, too.

#76 Posted by Hiraphor (6 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Dovahkiin does a shout to slow time, while leisurely slicing him to ribbons... Plus with the mental bond, he cannot think straight! Dragons are so disturbed they can't even fly any more. With a mental link...

2) Yes, but you'd need to name it. He would be unable to think straight from pain rebounding across the mental link, and plus Dovahkiin can just kill him with Slow Time.

3) Whatever. Verbal or nonverbal, I mean form the words. Eragon's wards block every harm the Ancient Language knows. Which all goes back to he would have to name thu'um before he could protect himself.

Spells take time to cast. He can't just think a word, and it'll happen (especially with Dragonrend setting in) and he would also have to cast a ward on himself which takes more time. WHICH GOES BACK TO THE FACT HE CAN FREAKING SLOW TIME!!!

#77 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiraphor:

Actually, given that Eragon can't use the Name Dovahkiin could win.

#78 Posted by Phoenixgeist (3661 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiraphor: lol slow time slows time, and elemental fury makes you faster, so with both...

#79 Posted by Hiraphor (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it would take time to use the name. Time is something Dovahkiin is very good with

#80 Posted by reikai (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

1) I dunno man, shouldn't be too difficult to find a name for 'shout'

Shouting is the best way mortals could explain it because their minds couldn't grasp the actual concepts of it, and to them it was only what it sounded like; A Shout, People yelling something. The actual ability is "The Voice" and what it unleashes is a "Thu'um".

According to the Graybeards, it takes years of study to learn even the most basic of shouts, mastery of which takes decades. But the Dragonborn learns and realizes these things instinctively and masters them so fast the Graybeards were at a loss for...words.

The rest of what was bein said with Hiraphor is just too silly. Dovahkiin has Gangnam Style. He wins. =p

#81 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@hiraphor said:

Yeah, it would take time to use the name. Time is something Dovahkiin is very good with

No, as in like Eragon is banned from using the Name in the OP

#82 Posted by Hiraphor (6 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Edited by reikai (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

Before the battle even starts, they're both arrested by Whiterun Guards for the crime of trampling flowers and stealing. They don't know what was stolen, or which of them did it, or if anything was stolen at all. But they must've stolen something right? If not they're still guilty, probably.

#84 Posted by theprototype (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Dovahkiin has got this in the bag he could use call dragon then have the battle on even terms also dragonrend and another thing only dovahkiin can kill a dragon so eragon maybe be good but dovahkiin would have healing and ice form would freeze eragon then he could just stab him then saphira is totaled.

#85 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

Dovahkiin has got this in the bag he could use call dragon then have the battle on even terms also dragonrend and another thing only dovahkiin can kill a dragon so eragon maybe be good but dovahkiin would have healing and ice form would freeze eragon then he could just stab him then saphira is totaled.

You didn't read the OP right?

Or the Inheritance Cycle?

#86 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

Once again much better arguments for Eragon, but the stipulations (taking Eragons two best attacks away) in the OP mean Dovahkiin wins in round one. Round two i'm leaning towards the the Skyrim dragons, again because of the stipulations.

The dragonborn fanboys do make me laugh though.

#87 Edited by PieHole (274 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread obviously fails if the OP had to weaken the dragonborn to fodder.

#88 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4066 posts) - - Show Bio

@piehole said:

This thread obviously fails if the OP had to weaken the dragonborn to fodder.

It's not "weakening him to fodder". It's taking away a couple of shouts. Nothing more.

#89 Posted by Galath (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple reason why he wins.

1) With game mechanics. Click ~. Tap Eragon. Type kill.

2) Lore Dovahkiin. 100% magic resistance. Dragon aspect armouring.

Either way Eragon is fucked, since skyrim enchantments are so much better. Plus Dovahkiin has the wabbajack which would transform Eragon into a chicken, or maybe he's wearing clavicus vile's mask where he talks Eragon into committing suicide. Maybe he feels like putting on some wards. Or perhaps he turns ethereal while summoning an immortal dragon (going lorewise here).