#1 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

VS 

Who wins this battle of the magic based heavyweights between Captain Marvel from Day of Vengeance and Rune King Thor?
#2 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune King Thor is wise enough to realize that Marvel is being powered by an outside source. He will cut off the thread and disable Billy.  

#3 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: I forgot to take into account that he was wiser than Odin. Is he omniscient? If he didn't use that method, who would you say have more power between the two?
#4 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:

" @CosmicSpiral: I forgot to take into account that he was wiser than Odin. Is he omniscient? If he didn't use that method, who would you say have more power between the two? "

That gets tricky. It's all about how you interpret his dialogue.  

Captain Marvel has far more raw power. Considering his sources, he was wielding an absolutely ridiculous amount of magic. He burned himself out because his body wasn't made to handle that amount of energy. 
#5 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Sexy Merc said:

" @CosmicSpiral: I forgot to take into account that he was wiser than Odin. Is he omniscient? If he didn't use that method, who would you say have more power between the two? "

That gets tricky. It's all about how you interpret his dialogue.   Captain Marvel has far more raw power. Considering his sources, he was wielding an absolutely ridiculous amount of magic. He burned himself out because his body wasn't made to handle that amount of energy.  "
Agreed, I just wanted to see what your opinion was.

Alright, cool.
#6 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: Personally, I believe he was omniscient in the sense of acquiring all the knowledge of creation when he hung himself on the tree. Some people will argue that he was functionally omniscient but I read nothing that suggested some sort of cosmic awareness. Either way RKT wins just because of circumstance. In a straight fight without the power source weakness Marvel would overwhelm him. Enchantress herself said that empowering Marvel was a one-time trick and the Spectre would counter another attempt. 
#7 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: Nice, I like that answer.
#8 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel.

#9 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else?

#10 Posted by slacker the hacker (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Barely
#11 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune Thor
#12 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel.

#13 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" Marvel. "
What about the first argument made in the thread? I think that's a valid way of Thor winning.
#14 Posted by King Saturn (223829 posts) - - Show Bio
I will take DOV Captain Marvel here in a tough fight...
#15 Posted by Assman (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

RLT for me.  Wiser, very powerfull and know's how to use his magic.
#16 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:

" Rune King Thor is wise enough to realize that Marvel is being powered by an outside source. He will cut off the thread and disable Billy.   "

Given the fact that he was powered by entire pantheons, characters like Phantom Stranger, tons of other, but mostly fodder magic users, and tons of other latent energy in all people and material, I highly doubt that he's gonna be able to do what you just said. Marvel has Thor out powered and is more versatile imo. 
#17 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said:
Marvel has Thor out powered and is more versatile imo.  "
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. All he did was punch the Spectre. He didn't even know how he was being powered in the first place. 
#18 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @RiseofApocalypse said:
Marvel has Thor out powered and is more versatile imo.  "
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. All he did was punch the Spectre. He didn't even know how he was being powered in the first place.  "
So, we're to assume that he did not gain any extra powers after his major amp and yet managed to take on and defeat Spectre when they first fought?
#19 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said: 
So, we're to assume that he did not gain any extra powers after his major amp and yet managed to take on and defeat Spectre when they first fought? "
Why not? He certainly didn't display any in the fight. 
#20 Posted by Gremlin From Kremlin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc: Physical superiority and speed.
#21 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @RiseofApocalypse said: 
So, we're to assume that he did not gain any extra powers after his major amp and yet managed to take on and defeat Spectre when they first fought? "
Why not? He certainly didn't display any in the fight.  "
So a flying brick somehow manages to defeat Spectre who is a powerful magic user?
#22 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@RiseofApocalypse said: 
So a flying brick somehow manages to defeat Spectre who is a powerful magic user? "
A fighting brick powered by the magical energy of the universe and dozens of other dimensions. He and Spectre were slugging it out prior to Enchantress channeling the magic into CM, and they resumed punching each other afterwards. That's all DOV Marvel is, a version of Billy Batson whose punches carry a lot more weight.  
#23 Posted by fallenangel5991 (653 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
Rune King Thor is omniscient indeed.

I think Rune King Thor wins this one, just judging by the fact that he destroyed Mangog with one hand with ridiculous ease.
#24 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune Thor  FTW !!! 

#25 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel takes this

#26 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Rune King Thor
#27 Posted by Needlebay (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

DOV Cap.

#28 Posted by THORSON (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

rune king thor

dc fans will always choose dc to win even when the battle is outmatched for them.

#29 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: How is that at all a relevant point? This is in no way a one sided match. I have seen Marvel fans just as biased as DC fans are, in some cases even more.

#30 Edited by dondave (34567 posts) - - Show Bio

DOV Captain Marvel