#1 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's go

#2 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator should be able to take this. He doesn't hold back like Superman and he's faster, stronger and more durable than Superman was at this time. It depends on if his confidence dips because DD doesn't go down after the first few punches. DoS Doomsday isn't really that impressive, imo.

#3 Posted by demifiendninja (299 posts) - - Show Bio
gladiator dies
#4 Posted by TifaLockhart (14080 posts) - - Show Bio

DoS Doomsday was like the weakest version of the real Doomsday (performance-wise, I realize he did some amazing stuff in his Year One Annual).

Gladiator wins against this incarnation of Doomsday.

#5 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday still wins, Gladiators confidence is probably the worst character weakness in history.

#6 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday beats Gladiator half to death.

#7 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiendninja & protectyournose: How does Glads lose when a weaker character, Superman, was able to kill this Doomsday, albeit at the cost of his own life?

#8 Posted by TifaLockhart (14080 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite frankly I don't know how the Joke League survived Doomsday or how Jurgens' Superman managed to defeat him.

#9 Posted by Bo88gdan (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator wins this

#10 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4391 posts) - - Show Bio

Glads confidence doesn't falter very often, it is rare. he would own DD.

#11 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

The fact that the OP says DoS Doomsday clearly tips the balance in favor of Gladiator. He has feats well above anything demonstrated by Doomsday in this book.

Now due to recent additions and declarations of his son about how he saw him tear a black hole with his bare hands, I tend to think that Gladiator could reduce even current Doomsday to very thin particles.

#12 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: The League was protected by plot, plain and simple (Booster Gold should've died after having his head slammed in that car door sans forcefield and Blue Beetle was supposed to die but editorial changed their mind.) Superman finally stopped holding back and dropped his "mental blocks."

#13 Posted by Greendevil (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

Majestor Kallark ftw. It would be epic, but imo Kallark has enough feats to end this early version of Doomsday!

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

Glads can take it IMO.

#15 Posted by chaos-soul (1435 posts) - - Show Bio

sense when is glads stronger than supes? is this fact or feat wise? in feats supes is much much stronger (depending on which version of supes of course)

#16 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with doomsday
he took on the entire JLA, that would easily put him on high herald-low trans tier IMO
gladiator's even weaker than the early 90s version of superman

#17 Posted by Mashterpiece (222 posts) - - Show Bio

If i am correct,gladiator at full confidence level is a galaxy destroyer type.

Doomsday can only be defeated by being broken into pieces,im not sure if he is as tough as a planet.

#18 Posted by 80sBaby (1347 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos-soul: Gladiator's feats put stronger than the Superman that killed Doomsday.

#19 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mashterpiece said:

If i am correct,gladiator at full confidence level is a galaxy destroyer type.

nope
#20 Posted by TifaLockhart (14080 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby: Which still doesn't make sense.

#21 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator wins after a tough fight.