Dormammu vs Thanos

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Dredeuced

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Why are you reposting the exact same post, but in a bigger font?

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredeuced said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Why are you reposting the exact same post, but in a bigger font?

I was going to post, but realized that I already have. The larger font means, it a new post and not one 1 year ago.

Let me fix it up though...

Dormammu wins. Thanos can use prep to become a Sorcerer Supreme though because only magic can repel Dormammu. Cosmic power can not. --- However, Thanos would need a lot of prep because it takes a lot of years to become a powerful magician.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By dondave

Thanos with prep is unstoppable.

Other than that, Dormammu wins.

QFT

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By XiiX

Dormammu sh!t-stomps.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know a lot of you are comparing Dormy to Galactus, and we all know that Thanos is terrified of fighting Galactus in a straight match. But the thing is, Dormammu isn't Galactus, he's a few rungs below him. No matter what Dormy might claim, because of course he's gonna make it sound like he's the be all end all.

Thanos is just below a little bit above the Surfer when he isn't rocking the Gauntlet. So I think it's safe to say that they're about equal. In the Dark dimension though, it may be different.

Avatar image for deactivated-60143218790d8
deactivated-60143218790d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a recent episode of hulk and the agents of smash a bomb beat dormammu with a wind spell :P Thanos stomp

nah jokes dormammu kills him..

Avatar image for alberto_weskardo
Alberto_Weskardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dredeuced said:

I was going to post, but realized that I already have. The larger font means, it a new post and not one 1 year ago.

Let me fix it up though...

Dormammu wins. Thanos can use prep to become a Sorcerer Supreme though because only magic can repel Dormammu. Cosmic power can not. --- However, Thanos would need a lot of prep because it takes a lot of years to become a powerful magician.

There actually is a Thanos Sorcerer, but he is not Sorcerer Supreme and he was killed by Dr. Strange or Adam Warlock during the Infinite Abyss saga.
Reardless if Thanos knows sorcery, it would do him little to best Dormammu. Not without being Sorcerer Supreme.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormy

RollinsBoy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By RollinsBoy93

Thanos puts Dormammu out like a candle, the end.

No Caption Provided

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dormammu (spite)

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu wins for sure.

esparza3368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By esparza3368

Thanos would win. Even though Dormammu is more powerful than Thanos (rivaling Galactus or a Celestial), he is foolish, reckless, & impatient. Also his power peaks in his own dimension outside of it greatly diminished unless aided by an artifact like the Eye of Evil or the perfect alignment of the cosmos. Thanos is a super-genius, cool as ice with nerves of steel and iron disciple, master strategist & tactician, martial artist, cybernetically-genetically-mystically enhanced to be able to defeat the Silver Surfer, Thor, & Hulk and also able to go toe-to-toe for short period against Galactus. With prep time, he can also steal the power cosmic of Galactus or Tyrant vastly increasing his power, get a Cosmic Cube, or get a couple soul gems.

Asmodeus12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esparza3368: Each of them only happened one time, and Dormammu might rival one Celestial at his Realm, but outside he's a little above Odin IMO, and Thanos didn't go one a one at Galactus, there is also no prep time on the OP, but I agree that if have then Thanos wins.

esparza3368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah he did, knocked back Galactus with cosmic blast (actually stumbled backward). Not the same as going full out slugfest, yeah should not have said toe-to-toe that implies all out fight. He did fight Tyrant though whom was powerful enough to take on at least two Cosmic Heralds without a sweat & Thanos did fight him to a standstill before he decided to end the fight and leave.

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a big Thanos fan,and with enough prep he can take on almost everybody.But Dormmamu`s magic is just too powerful,for the Titan to overcome.Please don`t confuse this with classic Dormy from the late 60`s,back then he could actually take on Eternity and on one time he actually won!That would not happen now,but he still has enough power to take down Thanos in the dark dimension.In our reality I really don`t know if he has the same power.But if he does I think he is slightly more powerful than Odin.

Asmodeus12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esparza3368: Thanos admitted Tyrant could have killed him and the only thing he did was send Galactus flying, Dormammu's feat with Eternity was more impressive.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos isn't on Skyfather level.

Dormammu wins.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormy wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5b15216a2a1e3
deactivated-5b15216a2a1e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu wins, even if Thanos has equipped himself with infinity gauntlet, it won't matter much. For Dormammu has same abilities yet his power is much greater than Thanos's. Dormammu is on the top 10 strongest characters ever created and he is the strongest demon ever created.... so he wins clearly.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

Dormammu sh!t-stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: One ability that makes Dormammu such a dangerous threat is his black flames. They are probably more powerful than Omega Beams and can pretty much extinguish any life form. If Dormammu blasts Thanos with it, he just couldn't take it. And plus reality alterations and psychic abilities make him equal to Thanos....

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therightcritic: I bet, but Thanos with the IG beat Eternity, Galactus, Master Order and Lord Chaos with the infinity gauntlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then you haven't followed Dr. Strange comics. He literally banished Eternity as well, Eternity had no touch on him and looked plain scared... Dormammu can take them all on too, plus it's been said that magic seems to harm him the most... It's a great battle if Thanos keeps ranged mode and uses reality and energy attacks to keep the raged Dormammu away... But if we would talk about a battle to death or to KO, and Dormammu would be bloodlusted then Thanos wouldn't be able to hold his defend mode any longer... no matter the IG.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@therightcritic: As much I love Dormammu and I admit users on this site downplay him alot, Dormammu isn't more powerful than Eternity.

While I don't agree with somethings that Killemall stated for example, there's one supreme proof that can't be argued about it, even by me.

Dormammu's Bio from the Marvel Handbook of 2006 says he lost to Eternity.

That's the reason Dormammu was on the Realm of Unknown.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well okay, I agree. Eternity probably won, but Dormammu was able to hold his own for quite some time. And while Thanos blasted all the powerful entities, he didn't kill them. So if this is a match to death, it's debatable who will win... but I'm still rooting for Dormammu.

deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therightcritic: I see on the same way. Dormammu actually destroyed ''Eternity's essence'' during the fight, so it wasn't like nothing happened.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dormammu

Avatar image for xxangelofd3athxx
XxAngelOfD3ATHxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu wins.

deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why this continue existing, but I always adress something new.

Reading the first page I almost died of laughing. Really? Comparing Dormammu's magic to Thanos?

Dormammu was in the Living Tribunal's list of Dark Sorcerers, so it's not even logical make one.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

taylan93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu wins.

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu in his prime is on a complete different level than Thanos.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu is on par with Odin. Odin beat Thanos so I would assume Dorm could do the same. With prep Thanos could take him though.

Wdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Wdc

@High Revolutionary:

1 - Not cannon

2 - Nice job with skipping scans of Thanos owning Punishers. Surfer can't even scratch Galactus Punishers.

3 - It's even bolded for people like you. lol Galactus was

Well Nourished

Yes it is. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is not non-canon.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

dormammu

Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stevon said:

" Don't see Thanos winning here. Sure, when dealing with people like Odin ore Galactus he has amazing durability, but he needs prep to pull off something more than that. But I'm sure Klandicar will say otherwise. "

However, the character is frequently undone by his own impatience and arrogance, with the villain usually only defeated via trickery. The character apparently has one significant weakness, being vulnerable in environments that cannot fuel his mystical "Faltine flames".

Thanos can just teleport to an environment that doesnt fuel his flames and it is a one move KO for the Titan. Good try, but an arrogant reckless villain isn't going to beat Marvel's Demi-God of prep that easily, good try, pups.

This seems likely, Thanos can teleport anyone to a different place/time instantly if he wants to. He did it to Surfer before.

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esparza3368: did you call dormammu foolish and then compare him to thanos? Thanos was high omnipotent and he lost the infinity gauntlet. The man got rocked by Spider-Man. He is much more foolish than dorm.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redzkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu dominates. He is on a different level.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esparza3368: did you call dormammu foolish and then compare him to thanos? Thanos was high omnipotent and he lost the infinity gauntlet. The man got rocked by Spider-Man. He is much more foolish than dorm.

He was never omnipotent. And he lost the IG because Living Tribunal took it from him like candy from a child.