Dormammu vs Thanos

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ziro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ziro

?
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By stevon

Don't see Thanos winning here. Sure, when dealing with people like Odin ore Galactus he has amazing durability, but he needs prep to pull off something more than that.

But I'm sure Klandicar will say otherwise.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By czarny_samael666

Dormammu ftw.
Even with Thanos incredible durability, I think that this will go to magic knowlegde or/and energy manipulation. For me Dormammu is better in both.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
Dormammu will win this fight... 
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zaterra

Dormammu

Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Klandicar
@stevon said:

" Don't see Thanos winning here. Sure, when dealing with people like Odin ore Galactus he has amazing durability, but he needs prep to pull off something more than that. But I'm sure Klandicar will say otherwise. "

However, the character is frequently undone by his own impatience and arrogance, with the villain usually only defeated via trickery. The character apparently has one significant weakness, being vulnerable in environments that cannot fuel his mystical "Faltine flames".

Thanos can just teleport to an environment that doesnt fuel his flames and it is a one move KO for the Titan.  Good try, but an arrogant reckless villain isn't going to beat Marvel's Demi-God of prep that easily, good try, pups.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Klandicar

Thanos puts Dormammu out like a candle, the end.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AtPhantom
@Klandicar said:
" Thanos can just teleport to an environment that doesnt fuel his flames and it is a one move KO for the Titan.  Good try, but an arrogant reckless villain isn't going to beat Marvel's Demi-God of prep that easily, good try, pups. "
You mean Thanos'll BFR himself? Nice of him to make it easy for Dormy.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stevon
@Klandicar:
how is Thanos going to know any of Dormammu's weaknesses? I have not seen Dormammu in any enviroment that doesn't support his flame.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Klandicar
@AtPhantom said:
" @Klandicar said:
" Thanos can just teleport to an environment that doesnt fuel his flames and it is a one move KO for the Titan.  Good try, but an arrogant reckless villain isn't going to beat Marvel's Demi-God of prep that easily, good try, pups. "
You mean Thanos'll BFR himself? Nice of him to make it easy for Dormy. "
Thanos has been shown to be able to teleport others too.  Just like he did to Silver Surfer.  He'll take Dormammu to a place where there is no fuel for those flames.  I also think Thanos's block of pure force would cut off the fuel to Dormammu's head...so thats another option.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AtPhantom
@Klandicar said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Klandicar said:
Thanos has been shown to be able to teleport others too.  Just like he did to Silver Surfer.  He'll take Dormammu to a place where there is no fuel for those flames.  I also think Thanos's block of pure force would cut off the fuel to Dormammu's head...so thats another option. "
You mean the block which failed whenever it was used?

Let's re-cap: Thanos will teleport a being of greater power who could no doubt resist his attempts, to a dimension where he is cut off from his power, even though we don't know if such exist. Ingenious.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By stevon
@AtPhantom said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Klandicar said:
Thanos has been shown to be able to teleport others too.  Just like he did to Silver Surfer.  He'll take Dormammu to a place where there is no fuel for those flames.  I also think Thanos's block of pure force would cut off the fuel to Dormammu's head...so thats another option. "
You mean the block which failed whenever it was used?  Let's re-cap: Thanos will teleport a being of greater power who could no doubt resist his attempts, to a dimension where he is cut off from his power, even though we don't know if such exist. Ingenious. "

I don't think Thanos would even know what to do with Dormammu, he's native to the dark dimension, and I doubt Thanos has heard of him.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Klandicar
@stevon said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Klandicar said:
You mean the block which failed whenever it was used?  Let's re-cap: Thanos will teleport a being of greater power who could no doubt resist his attempts, to a dimension where he is cut off from his power, even though we don't know if such exist. Ingenious. "
I don't think Thanos would even know what to do with Dormammu, he's native to the dark dimension, and I doubt Thanos has heard of him. "

No Caption Provided
Pretty sure Thanos knows those other dimensions like the back of his hand.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the creator
@Klandicar said:
" @stevon said:

" Don't see Thanos winning here. Sure, when dealing with people like Odin ore Galactus he has amazing durability, but he needs prep to pull off something more than that. But I'm sure Klandicar will say otherwise. "

However, the character is frequently undone by his own impatience and arrogance, with the villain usually only defeated via trickery. The character apparently has one significant weakness, being vulnerable in environments that cannot fuel his mystical "Faltine flames".

Thanos can just teleport to an environment that doesnt fuel his flames and it is a one move KO for the Titan.  Good try, but an arrogant reckless villain isn't going to beat Marvel's Demi-God of prep that easily, good try, pups. "

Well I don't recall that being mentioned in most of his encounters. 
Dormammu is composed of mystical energy and the flames on his head signify that he is the ruler of the Dark Dimension. These same flames have appeared above the heads of Umar and Clea when they were the rulers and the flames apparently serve to boost the power of the 'wearer' but only in the sense that they are a representation of the energy given over by the worshippers of the ruler of the Dark Dimension. 
We have seen Dormmamu in space before without the flames going out and even is they could be snuffed out, what do you think a mystical Lordship flame representation burns ?  I don't think its oxygen. 
 If it was a weakness, I think Dormammu would have protected himself with spells anyhow, as he is quite bright.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By MrDirector786

Dormammu wins.

I'm doing this just because I feel like it. :P
@Klandicar:

No Caption Provided
jack128875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jack128875

Klandicar =

btw, Dormammu would own this fight.

Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cypher's Gambit
@Ziro said:
" ? "
There is no rules? Assuming there is prep, Thanos wins hands down. Assuming there is no prep, Thanos still wins, but barely. (Reference to: Odin vs Thanos battle)
Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Goenitz

No Caption Provided
Flamestomp
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu wins .

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By karrob

Thanos
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lance Bastro
@karrob said:
" Thanos "
Avatar image for spidermanprimez
SpidermanPrimeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpidermanPrimeZ
@karrob said:
"Thanos "

How does Thanos beat an entity whose power far exceeds his, did battle with eternity and bullies Dr Strange?
Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Goenitz

SpidermanPrimeZ: good question

Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@stevon said:
"@AtPhantom said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" @Klandicar said:
I don't think Thanos would even know what to do with Dormammu, he's native to the dark dimension, and I doubt Thanos has heard of him. "

LMAO 
You don't know Thanos at all then! 
He knows all about the dark dimension & Dormammu!  

Neutral ground Thanos does win!
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lance Bastro
@GamorasBigDaddy said:
"LMAO You don't know Thanos at all then! He knows all about the dark dimension & Dormammu!   Neutral ground Thanos does win! "
yup.
Goenitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Goenitz

Dormammu can gives Thanos a hard time

magnusalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By magnusalpha

The truth is (and feel free to disagree with me, you'll just be wrong) that Thanos couldn't take Dormammu in a head battle of raw power. Thanos would find a way to beat him through planning, stealth, and cleverness, but Dormammu has power beyond a god - and that's if the battle took place outside the Dark Dimension, where Dormammu has infinite power and knowledge. Yes Thanos is very powerful and intelligent, and yes Dormammu often second-guesses himself and allows his own defeat. That doesn't mean Thanos automatically wins .

superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By superdemon
@magnusalpha said:
" The truth is (and feel free to disagree with me, you'll just be wrong) that Thanos couldn't take Dormammu in a head battle of raw power. Thanos would find a way to beat him through planning, stealth, and cleverness, but Dormammu has power beyond a god - and that's if the battle took place outside the Dark Dimension, where Dormammu has infinite power and knowledge. Yes Thanos is very powerful and intelligent, and yes Dormammu often second-guesses himself and allows his own defeat. That doesn't mean Thanos automatically wins . "
Great post. I agree.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By PowerHerc

Thanos. Stomp.
_Courage_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Courage_
@PowerHerc said:
"Thanos. Stomp. "

Definitely not a stomp.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Montaq

Big D in a standard fight. Thanos with prep.
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormmy wins.. 

Distortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Distortion

I'm pretty sure Thanos goes down HARD without prep. With prep, he wins. Barely.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By czarny_samael666

Without any boosts, Thanos doesn't have a chance against Dormammu.

Mord McCleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mord McCleaver

Thanos was taking a beating from Odin.
It was an impressive durability feat, but it should also give you an idea of how this fight would go....
Dormammu is at the very least on par with Odin.
Can someone please give a reasonable explanation for why Thanos would win other than "he's going to put out the fire on his head!"...?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#37  Edited By AssertingValor

THANOS 

Mord McCleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mord McCleaver

No Caption Provided
Dormammu.
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By superdemon
@Distortion said:
" I'm pretty sure Thanos goes down HARD without prep. With prep, he wins. Barely. "
With prep he stomps.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Montaq
@ebuchanan said:
"
THANOS 

"

Do you also have the next page when Galactus gets up immediately and Thanos admits that his attack did nothing but anger him?
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By superdemon
@Montaq said:
" @ebuchanan said:
"
THANOS 

No Caption Provided
"
Do you also have the next page when Galactus gets up immediately and Thanos admits that his attack did nothing but anger him? "
So? This was a well nourished Galactus. The fact that he was able to send him barreling through the hull of his ship and skipping across the planet, while knocking his helmet off is testement to Thanos' raw power.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By nefarious

Dormammu wins.

Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Montaq
@superdemon said:
" @Montaq said:
" @ebuchanan said:
"
THANOS 

"
Do you also have the next page when Galactus gets up immediately and Thanos admits that his attack did nothing but anger him? "
So? This was a well nourished Galactus. The fact that he was able to send him barreling through the hull of his ship and skipping across the planet, while knocking his helmet off is testement to Thanos' raw power. "

True, this is quite a feat and proves that Thanos is a powerhouse, but when taken out of context it make Thanos look much stronger than he is. Judging only by this scan one could think that Thanos could oneshot Galactus, which is simply not true. My wording could have come off as rude and I didn't mean to upset you, but I had to make sure you, and anyone reading this scan, dosen't get the wrong idea about Thanos's power. I still am sideing with Dormammu in a prepless fight.
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By superdemon
@Montaq said:

" @superdemon said:

" @Montaq said:
" @ebuchanan said:
"
THANOS 

No Caption Provided
"
So? This was a well nourished Galactus. The fact that he was able to send him barreling through the hull of his ship and skipping across the planet, while knocking his helmet off is testement to Thanos' raw power. "
True, this is quite a feat and proves that Thanos is a powerhouse, but when taken out of context it make Thanos look much stronger than he is. Judging only by this scan one could think that Thanos could oneshot Galactus, which is simply not true. My wording could have come off as rude and I didn't mean to upset you, but I had to make sure you, and anyone reading this scan, dosen't get the wrong idea about Thanos's power. I still am sideing with Dormammu in a prepless fight. "
As of recent, I'm not sure what Dormmamu could do to Thanos? Thanos is resistant to magic, reality warping, TP, etc.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Montaq
@superdemon said:
" @Montaq said:
" @superdemon said:
" @Montaq said:
" @ebuchanan said:
"
THANOS 

"
True, this is quite a feat and proves that Thanos is a powerhouse, but when taken out of context it make Thanos look much stronger than he is. Judging only by this scan one could think that Thanos could oneshot Galactus, which is simply not true. My wording could have come off as rude and I didn't mean to upset you, but I had to make sure you, and anyone reading this scan, dosen't get the wrong idea about Thanos's power. I still am sideing with Dormammu in a prepless fight. "
As of recent, I'm not sure what Dormmamu could do to Thanos? "

Rip out his soul, freeze him in time, have him constantly shift dimensions so he couldn't get back. Basically anything you can think of, Dormammu can probably do. Plus he is made of pure magic, how could Thanos hurt him?
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdemon said:
" @Montaq said:
" @ebuchanan said:
"
THANOS 

No Caption Provided
"
So? This was a DESPERATELY MALNOURISHED Galactus. The fact that he was able to send him barreling through the hull of his ship and skipping across the planet, while knocking his helmet off is testement to Thanos' raw power. "

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By superdemon
@High Revolutionary: 

1 - Not cannon 

2 - Nice job with skipping scans of Thanos owning Punishers. Surfer can't even scratch Galactus Punishers.

3 - It's even bolded for people like you. lol Galactus was Well Nourished
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By superdemon
@Montaq said:

Rip out his soul, freeze him in time, have him constantly shift dimensions so he couldn't get back. Basically anything you can think of, Dormammu can probably do. Plus he is made of pure magic, how could Thanos hurt him?  

Thanos has full control of his soul. See Mephisto. Thanos has his own time manipulation powers. Thanos can travel though dimensions at will.
Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Montaq
@superdemon said:
"@Montaq said:

Thanos has full control of his soul. See Mephisto. Thanos has his own time manipulation powers. Thanos can travel though dimensions at will. "

1. I didn't read that one so I will take your word for it. 2. It wouldn't matter if he has time powers if he is already frozen. 3. Thats why he is shifting, if he just dumped him in a new dimension he could find his way back, but if he was warped to a new dimension every few seconds then it would be hard for him to get his bearings and find a way back, especially without his chair. While not a permanent solution it should buy hot head some time to come up with something to finish him. Also Thanos still can't hurt magic as far as I know, so he can't beat D.
superdemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By superdemon
@Montaq said:

" @superdemon said:

"@Montaq said:

Thanos has full control of his soul. See Mephisto. Thanos has his own time manipulation powers. Thanos can travel though dimensions at will. "
1. I didn't read that one so I will take your word for it. 
2. It wouldn't matter if he has time powers if he is already frozen. 
3. Thats why he is shifting, if he just dumped him in a new dimension he could find his way back, but if he was warped to a new dimension every few seconds then it would be hard for him to get his bearings and find a way back, especially without his chair. While not a permanent solution it should buy hot head some time to come up with something to finish him. Also Thanos still can't hurt magic as far as I know, so he can't beat D. "
2.  Thanos is resistant to time manipulation powers in the first place. He also constantly has himself a few seconds displaced from standard time. Pinpointing Thanos in time is impossible. This was shown in an Avengers comic. 
3. Thanos could do the same think to Dormmamu. Thanos has magic himself. And what he can't do with magic he has stated he can do with tech. Thanos has 1 shotted Dr. Strange.