#1 Edited by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

Batte location: Mt. Doom, they're gonna be some dragons flying around and they might interfere.

Both characters have 15 minutes prep.

Who wins ?

#2 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

...what? You serious?

#3 Edited by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha ha ho he ha ho and i thought my jokes were bad..

#4 Edited by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraytrawk: i changed the battle, check it again

#6 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Its better now but still a stomp in Dormammu's favour as Sephiroth is completely powerless to stop Dormammu. Make this Ultimecia, Chaos or Exdeath and we might have a battle.

#7 Posted by KingOfAsh (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure Dormammu is a Universal Conqueror, whereas Sepheroth is at max a Solar System buster.

#8 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash said:

I'm pretty sure Dormammu is a Universal Conqueror, whereas Sepheroth is at max a Solar System buster.

Well the whole Solar System buster thing is kind of up in the air to begin with. As an attack its ridiculous but so is Ultimecia grabbing four planets to smash into you so he isn't alone in possessing spamable planetary+ level attacks.

However Crisis Core states that Super Nova is Sephiroth's ultimate attack and this is before going Safer...so because of that Super Nova is now considered by many to be psychological in nature (imagine how you'd cope with seeing the sun go supernova right in front of you).
HOWEVER! In Dissidia Sephiroth shows that he has no problem doing the move in base form (though its much smaller) and this one is no illusion.

#9 Posted by KingOfAsh (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia: Does Dissidia even count as cannon? I did say at max, so his power would lie anywhere between village busting to planet busting to solar system busting.

#10 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a crossover game what do you think. Its 100% canon to FF1 but its just a crossover appearance for everybody not from FF1.

Dissidia does some good for Sephiroth as it shows he can do things like call down meteors at will and slash you once and have his opponent be slashed hundreds of times in an instant. It also shows a scaled down version of Super Nova which could very well be to what is referred to in Crisis Core. Using that as evidence you can claim that going Safer gave Sephiroth enough of a power boost to Solar system bust.

#11 Posted by Killemall (18299 posts) - - Show Bio

He has never conquered a universe, only pocket dimensions.

#12 Posted by KingOfAsh (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Though a pocket dimension can still consist of many galaxies, at least the ones that I've seen.

#13 Posted by Killemall (18299 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Though a pocket dimension can still consist of many galaxies, at least the ones that I've seen.

I think you misunderstand i am not making a case for Sephiroth, i know nothing about that guy.

And in marvel pocket dimension can be a lot smaller , we know Olympia pocket universe is a city size pocket reality.

It depends.

And he generally conqueres what he does with a whole bunch of armies, and given he dwelles in the netherworld, they dont exactly have galaxies because of the spartial dimension there.

#14 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: do you think both characters have powers that equal each other ?

#15 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephiroth is a bit lower tier on average.... however Dormammu has failed to conquer Earth many times due to Son of Satan (Hell Lord) Dr. Strange (Classic and Depowered), and even Ghost Rider once.

So Dormammu may lose on the earth plane to a fully power Sephiroth.

#16 Posted by momo111191 (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Sephiroth stomps easy (if this was a popularity contest). but Dormammu wins sadly :(

#17 Edited by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are awesome and the dialogue would be so interestingly cool between the two but Dormammu wins this pretty easily he is still vastly powerful even when outside of his domain the Dark Dimension, he`s Odin`s equal pretty much, I think if Sephiroth is to stand any chance then he would need God Kefka, Ultimecia, Garland, Emperor Mateus, and Terra to assist him also they would probably need prep as well, together they would have enough magical power and prowess to triumph over Dormammu. In terms of Supernova, I believe it to be an illusionary attack rather than an actual attack that causes the destruction of the Solar System. Exdeath would probably stomp Dormammu, and he is one of the more powerful Final Fantasy villains if not most powerful.

#18 Posted by TifaLockhart (14043 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu. Mismatch.

#19 Edited by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch.

#21 Edited by dondave (34647 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu ftw

#22 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm sure sephiroth can give him some damage