Dormammu vs Poseidon

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By KingOfAsh

Time for a battle of fire and water. Outside Dormammus realm and Poseidom at his strongest in Dormammus realm. Poseidon from Aquaman, but if you wish to use other forms of Poseidon go ahead, but state where they're from. Who wins?

Poseidon, God of the Seas
Poseidon, God of the Seas
Dark Lord Dormammu
Dark Lord Dormammu
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Killemall

Ok i dont recognize either of the picture, which version of Dormammu and Posedion are we using? Marvel Version of both would make it pretty one sided for Dormammu, as Poseidon isnt even the most powerful of Greek Pantheon , nor does he have any real big feat , apart from harming Set greatly and desecrating his temple.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KingOfAsh

@Killemall: There's a non Marvel Dormmamu? I chose Posidon because he's a water God, opossed to Dormammus fire.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Killemall

@KingOfAsh said:

@Killemall: There's a non Marvel Dormmamu? I chose Posidon because he's a water God, opossed to Dormammus fire.

Well you could use one from animation verse, mangaverse, zombie verse if you choose, all of those are marvel but different from 616.

Dormammu's fire is actually the flames of falatin, its magic based, water should reasonable have absolutely no effect on him. He travels either universe and sometimes beyond, normal flame, affected by water should have gone out when there is no air too wouldnt you think?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dormammu should win.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

That pic of poseidon is not very cool.. And Dormammu reminds me of an infinitely more awesome villain (one who shall not pass!)

But I'm still betting on poseidon extinguishing dormammu.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sylvain

Big D

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

Ok i dont recognize either of the picture, which version of Dormammu and Posedion are we using? Marvel Version of both would make it pretty one sided for Dormammu, as Poseidon isnt even the most powerful of Greek Pantheon , nor does he have any real big feat , apart from harming Set greatly and desecrating his temple.

that Dormammu on the picture is from the animation : Doctor Strange the sorcer supreme movie animation, i don't recognize Poseidon on the picture. but Marvel Poseidon was very weak, he couldn't stop Hulk from climbing the top of Olympus to meet Zeus.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KingOfAsh

I did say Poseidon from Aquaman...

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whydama

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

And Dormammu reminds me of an infinitely more awesome villain (one who shall not pass!)

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 18hunt

@KingOfAsh said:

I agree but dormammu has a bit f chance

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova

And you used a GoW picture of Poseidon, right?

Dormammu stomps virtually every version of Poseidon (including his mythological variant), save for Marvel's Neptune/Poseidon, who has a chance. According the the wiki and a few others, he is unaffected by heat equivalent to that of one in the core of a star ten million times larger than our sun as well as below absolute zero temperatures, he effortlessly creates blasts that can destroy planets, he has generated force fields that have withstood Zeus's attacks (here is where it makes no sense at all), he has created a dimension from a drop of water (the wiki says he can turn the ocean to a drop of water and vice versa) and he has fought and banished the Elder God Set.

I know better than to trust that without proof, but I'm asking for proof of the above (some of which is somewhat preposterous). I think @Killemall: might be able to help out here.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By New_World_Order

@Killemall said:

It wouldn't be that one sided. Posiden is the 2nd most powerful being in Olympus. 1st is Zeus, and 3rd Hades. Posiden is also not that much behind Zeus, atleast that's what Comics have shown. Dormammu equals Zeus, and Odin. So he would win regardless.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

It wouldn't be that one sided. Posiden is the 2nd most powerful being in Olympus. 1st is Zeus, and 3rd Hades. Posiden is also not that much behind Zeus, atleast that's what Comics have shown. Dormammu equals Zeus, and Odin. So he would win regardless.

Marvel's "Hades" is in fact called Pluto, with Hades being the name of the world Pluto resides in and rules over. And Poseidon has always been portrayed as rivalling, not exceeding, Pluto. Apparently, Pluto has defeated Classic Strange (although I haven't seen this for myself).

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By THORSON

water guy wins

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By nefarious

Dormammu stomps.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShootingNova

@THORSON said:

water guy wins

I don't think so. How did you come to such a conclusion?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killemall

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Dormammu has much better feats than Zeus. I can and have made case for Odin being close to Dormammu in terms of power level, and honestly belive he is, given his showings of power. Zeus, nor Posiden has done anything to warrent such claims.

@ShootingNova said:

And you used a GoW picture of Poseidon, right?

Dormammu stomps virtually every version of Poseidon (including his mythological variant), save for Marvel's Neptune/Poseidon, who has a chance. According the the wiki and a few others, he is unaffected by heat equivalent to that of one in the core of a star 10, 000 times larger than our sun as well as below absolute zero temperatures, he effortlessly creates blasts that can destroy planets, he has generated force fields that have withstood Zeus's attacks (here is where it makes no sense at all), he has created a dimension from a drop of water (the wiki says he can turn the ocean to a drop of water and vice versa) and he has fought and banished the Elder God Set.

I know better than to trust that without proof, but I'm asking for proof of the above (some of which is somewhat preposterous). I think @Killemall: might be able to help out here.

Well most of that seem like an unsubstantiated claim, I dont remember anything of that sort ever being claimed from Neptune, nor has he ever destroyed planets, blocking Zeus blast is genuine, but so his being puncked by hulk :p if that counts.

Banishing Elder God is kind of true , just going to paste what i wrote on my Set chronology so you can get full picture, because Set was never in full power:

Spectacular Spiderman Annual 09: Neptun destroys his statue, harmed Set greatly, this angers Set , he plans a revenge, but never takes once. Poor Set.

Marvel Handbook 1989 confirms that Neptune greatly harmed Set and Set was angry

No Caption Provided

So that covers it, he harmed his physical body, which is good but thats about it.

That being said, you are welcome to check out Set, Atum and Chthon chronology thread in Elder God Forum i recently created, they have honstly done absolutely nothing to warrent a claim of power closer to Dormammu.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShootingNova

@Killemall: Alright. And it was ten million times the size of our star..... even worse, LOL. I'll check it out.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By New_World_Order

@ShootingNova said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Marvel's "Hades" is in fact called Pluto, with Hades being the name of the world Pluto resides in and rules over. And Poseidon has always been portrayed as rivalling, not exceeding, Pluto. Apparently, Pluto has defeated Classic Strange (although I haven't seen this for myself).

Somewhat, I guess. Loki has overpowed Classic Strange too, but it is probably PIS on both of there behalfs.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THORSON

@ShootingNova said:

@THORSON said:

water guy wins

I don't think so. How did you come to such a conclusion?P

because Posidon is the ruler of the ocean (water). where as Dormannu is all about fire. therefore, logically Posidon wins.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THORSON said:

@ShootingNova said:

@THORSON said:

water guy wins

because Posidon is the ruler of the ocean (water). where as Dormannu is all about fire. therefore, logically Posidon wins.

no, sorry to say this, but it's non sense, Dormammu's fire is powerful magical fire that come from Faltine, a pure mystical extra dimensionnal source of energie and home of the Faltines.

just let me ask you this : the sun is all about fire itself, do you think if you put the sun in water it will cease burning?

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hyperlight

dormammu

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KingOfAsh

@All_Mighty_Beyonder: May sound stupid, but a galaxy-sized ocean...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShootingNova

@THORSON said:

Unfortunately, Dormammu's fire is a unique, magical fire that comes from the Faltine, a mystical source of energy that is not related to actual fire.

Strman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Strman123

Isnt DC's version of Zues weaker then Marvel's? Wouldn't that make Poseidon that much more unable to fight Dormammu? Odin > Dormammu > Marvel Zues > DC Zues > Marvel Poseidon > DC Poseidon? Would that be right?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShootingNova

@Strman123: DC Zeus has about no feats, and is reliant on mortal faith. Marvel's Neptune (who is also known as Poseidon) stomps DC Zeus, at least feat-wise.

Odin is considered the equal of Zeus (Odin himself said it, they stalemated in a fight), and so on.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShootingNova

@Killemall: You said Neptune defending himself from Zeus's assault is true. Do you have scans of this?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By THORSON

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

@THORSON said:

@ShootingNova said:

@THORSON said:

water guy wins

no, sorry to say this, but it's non sense, Dormammu's fire is powerful magical fire that come from Faltine, a pure mystical extra dimensionnal source of energie and home of the Faltines.

just let me ask you this : the sun is all about fire itself, do you think if you put the sun in water it will cease burning?

MAY BURN FOR A WHILE.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@THORSON: @KingOfAsh:

:) no, you do realise that deep space is freezing cold, more than water. water will never extinguish a star, because stars doesn't burn by consuming oxygen like normal fire, it burn by nuclear fusion of hydrogen atoms, water will just provide more ressources to stars.

it's the same thing with Faltine fire, its source is unkown to the multiverse, it's mystical and extradimensional, it won't be extinguished by normal matter from Marvel multiverse like water.

Avatar image for bunnieswithtophats
bunnieswithtophats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dormammu, no question. We do ALL know that this isn't a water vs fire fight, right? Dormammu is composed of pure magic. Big D stomps.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShootingNova

Dormammu should stomp most versions of Poseidon, except for mythology, and all versions of Neptune. So this is quite a mismatch unless we use mythology Poseidon.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dormammu wins. Don't really like him though lol

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers