Dormammu vs Galactus

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 65

#51  Edited By AssertingValor

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Last i knew Dormammu had no relation to Eternity, u make it sound as if Dormammu is Eternity's opposite balance in the universe

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@LordMaverick said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Last i knew Dormammu had no relation to Eternity, u make it sound as if Dormammu is Eternity's opposite balance in the universe

Eternity's opposite is Oblivion. But Dormammu has relations to him. They've been off on and eachother for millions of years.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By TifaLockhart

@LordMaverick: I said in power. It's no different from me saying that Lobo rivals Superman in strength.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#54  Edited By AssertingValor

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Yes i knw about Oblivion, And Dormammu used to be part of a race of beings and is in no way a nesscsity to the universes overall functioning like Eternity smd Oblivion are.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By TheSuperHuman

The Big G has my vote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LordMaverick said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Yes i knw about Oblivion, And Dormammu used to be part of a race of beings and is in no way a nesscsity to the universes overall functioning like Eternity smd Oblivion are.

Not really a race but a embodied conscious of a dimension of the Faltine. Dormammu was a banished fraction of that dimension and manifested into Dormammu (and Umar) and that manifestation found and corrupted the Dark Dimension. That's why Dormammu can't really die, he's just a manifested consciousness. And no, you're right, he's not a necessity of the fundamentals of Eternity's realm (inner realms). But he is a necessity of the omniversal consciousness (extra dimesnional realms).

butcher_pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By butcher_pete

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

@LordMaverick said:

Not really a race but a embodied conscious of a dimension of the Faltine. Dormammu was a banished fraction of that dimension and manifested into Dormammu (and Umar) and that manifestation found and corrupted the Dark Dimension. That's why Dormammu can't really die, he's just a manifested consciousness. And no, you're right, he's not a necessity of the fundamentals of Eternity's realm (inner realms). But he is a necessity of the omniversal consciousness (extra dimesnional realms).

Is he now?

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By whydama

Galactus eats Dormammu

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Chaos Primesaid:

Galactus ftw
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By nickthedevil

Dormammu, effortless curbstomp.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Killemall

@nickthedevil said:

How would he do so?

And if MC2 (non-cannon of course) is any indication to how powerful a full powered Galactus is, he's above Eternity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@nickthedevil said:

How would he do so?

And if MC2 (non-cannon of course) is any indication to how powerful a full powered Galactus is, he's above Eternity.

A full powered Galactus is as powerful as he, eating all of the "sentient" planets in a single Universe. A super full powered Galactus is One Full fed Galactus who absorbs all other Galactus in their respective universe. So no.... There are many Galactus and only One Eternity. People tend to forget that Galactus LIVES inside Eternity.... I don't understand why people would ever think that one Galactus out of many are ever considered being equal to Eternity who houses ALL Galactus' and nourishes him with all it's planets thoughout the multiverse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A full powered Galactus is as powerful as he, eating all of the "sentient" planets in a single Universe. A super full powered Galactus is One Full fed Galactus who absorbs all other Galactus in their respective universe. So no.... There are many Galactus and only One Eternity. People tend to forget that Galactus LIVES inside Eternity.... I don't understand why people would ever think that one Galactus out of many are ever considered being equal to Eternity who houses ALL Galactus' and nourishes him with all it's planets thoughout the multiverse.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Killemall

Wait what?

There are multiple eternities, one of which was destroyed and gave birth to Galactus to begin with. Living Tribunal for one has held 616 and 1610 eternity on both hands, so there cant really be only 1 eternity now can it?

Since galactus has never shown how much he can consume so its hard to say where he is not is not more powerful than Eternity.

Normally i would assume eternity is more powerful because he is normally regarded as the most powerful abstract, but we have never really seen a full powered galactus.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TERMINATORXX

@czarny_samael666 said:

Galactus easily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

Wait what?

There are multiple eternities, one of which was destroyed and gave birth to Galactus to begin with. Living Tribunal for one has held 616 and 1610 eternity on both hands, so there cant really be only 1 eternity now can it?

Since galactus has never shown how much he can consume so its hard to say where he is not is not more powerful than Eternity.

Normally i would assume eternity is more powerful because he is normally regarded as the most powerful abstract, but we have never really seen a full powered galactus.

There is only ONE Eternity. All the other ones are a piece of it's conscious representing all other branch universes within it. The entire completed Eternity we call "Multi-Eternity". There is just one. But there are multiple PHYSICAL Galactus per every universe that makes up Eternity.

For example.....

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Regardless if "FULL POWERED" or not....

Galactus can not live if there is no Eternity supplying his food or housing him....

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Killemall

Galactus can not live if there is no Eternity supplying his food or housing him....

Proof of this? I would love to see. Reed Richard was just fine with the destruction of Eternity with the Nullifier in the same issue where you scan is from. Genis Vell was living perfectly after killing Eternity with his big bang gun, so why not galactus?

There is only ONE Eternity. All the other ones are a piece of it's conscious representing all other branch universes within it. The entire completed Eternity we call "Multi-Eternity". There is just one. But there are multiple PHYSICAL Galactus per every universe that makes up Eternity.

For example.....

No Caption Provided

Any proof to show there is only 1 eternity? I know people go on and on about multi-eternity, but marvel doesnt recognize multieternity as an abstract at all. And its really hard to believe there is 1 eternity, when there are being called Infinites who look after eternity.

There arent multiple physical galactus in one universe, Abraxas in Fantastic Four Volume 2 issue 49 (which is where you scan is from) was killing galactus from multiple universes and sending them to earth 616, thats exactly what happened in the first issue of Abraxas saga.

So yeah dont come up with wild theories.

Normal power level Galactus < Eternity, based on few non-cannon story arc such as MC2 last planet standing a full powered Galactus has potential to be more powerful than eternity.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

Proof of this? I would love to see. Reed Richard was just fine with the destruction of Eternity with the Nullifier in the same issue where you scan is from. Genis Vell was living perfectly after killing Eternity with his big bang gun, so why not galactus?

For example.....

No Caption Provided

Any proof to show there is only 1 eternity? I know people go on and on about multi-eternity, but marvel doesnt recognize multieternity as an abstract at all. And its really hard to believe there is 1 eternity, when there are being called Infinites who look after eternity.

There arent multiple physical galactus in one universe, Abraxas in Fantastic Four Volume 2 issue 49 (which is where you scan is from) was killing galactus from multiple universes and sending them to earth 616, thats exactly what happened in the first issue of Abraxas saga.

So yeah dont come up with wild theories.

Normal power level Galactus < Eternity, based on few non-cannon story arc such as MC2 last planet standing a full powered Galactus has potential to be more powerful than eternity.

Those are not Eternity, but just aspects of the real Eternity.

One must question, What is Eternity???

Is Eternity a physical character or an embodiment OF ALL THINGS in the Multiverse?

Genis Vall can not kill the real Eternity......He only helped Entropyand Epiphany re-image an aspect of it. Lastly, Genis Vell is not extra-dimensional, so therefore, he can't exist outside of the real Eternity. He would need to have a masifested from through the Dimension of Manifestation.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DocFatalis

I see several debatable assumptions here: first of all, Galactus does not only devour planets. As was recently shown, he can also feed on stars directly (the surfer dropped him in one to that end) or apparently on practically any kind of energy.

There might be several Galactus, but they all seem to be embodiments of the same principle, that is probably why Death and Eternity refer to him as a brother/father/pair etc...

Eternity and Galactus have been presented in multiple stories (Infinity Gauntlet being the most popular) as beings operating on the same level, which explains why people (including me) see them as entities with the potential to be equals depending on the situation.

Lastly, I have two personal remarks:

-I have recently seen some of your posts in three different threads and you seem to be on a personal vendetta against Galactus, why? The fact that you don't like the character doesn't mean that he is not central to the Marvel Universe.

-Writing the things in big bold letters doesn't make the argument more potent, it just makes the person who reads the post think "apparently this guy thinks I'm blind or that I can't understand what he writes".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, here are the main points here.

1) Galactus Needs to Eat to get power. And the only being out there who is able to supply him food, is no other character but Eternity itself.

2) If Galactus does eat for a period of time, his power diminishes and he starts to feel the same effects as any living being does when needed nutrients.

3) If Galactus eats every planet (Sentient) in existence, he would only be as powerful as all those planets supply him. But as time passes, his power will slowly deteriorate, and he would have no food left to re-nourish himself.

4) Galactus in every universe would die without Eternity..... Because if there's no Eternity.... That means there's only Oblivion....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DocFatalis said:

I see several debatable assumptions here: first of all, Galactus does not only devour planets. As was recently shown, he can also feed on stars directly (the surfer dropped him in one to that end) or apparently on practically any kind of energy.

There might be several Galactus, but they all seem to be embodiments of the same principle, that is probably why Death and Eternity refer to him as a brother/father/pair etc...

Eternity and Galactus have been presented in multiple stories (Infinity Gauntlet being the most popular) as beings operating on the same level, which explains why people (including me) see them as entities with the potential to be equals depending on the situation.

Lastly, I have two personal remarks:

-I have recently seen some of your posts in three different threads and you seem to be on a personal vendetta against Galactus, why? The fact that you don't like the character doesn't mean that he is not central to the Marvel Universe.

-Writing the things in big bold letters doesn't make the argument more potent, it just makes the person who reads the post think "apparently this guy thinks I'm blind or that I can't understand what he writes".

Yes, but you see.... Who or what supplies stars? What Embodies them?

Galactus is not a principal of only but one thing..... Consume.... You have to understand. There was an Eternity before there was a Galactus. Galactus has an age.... The other abstracts don't. Galactus used to be a mortal named Galan. Not until Genesis recton the Universe and then Phoenix protected Galan via the Cosmic Egg.

I don't have a personal Vandetta against Galactus, but I can be fair to say that he is in par to In-Betweener and Stranger, but not the combined might of everything in the Multiverse (AKA: Eternity)

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By ShootingNova

I believe Dormammu has done this when fighting Eternity:

And Eternity is more powerful than Galactus.

butcher_pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By butcher_pete

@ShootingNova: What issue's that from?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShootingNova

@Butcher_Pete: Ask .

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DocFatalis

@ShootingNova:true, he's done that, before being finally vanquished and collecting his teeth as ever. i have also found an other story in which Eternity pretends to be chained by him before squatting him like a wasp and delivering a boring speech on how supreme he is. it looks like during the seventies, the writers tried to keep the fan interested by letting the powers of all Marvel's mystical pantheon vary a lot from one issue to the other. Strange himself was sometimes shown as equal or even superior to Dormammu or the In-Betweener, and at other times vulnerable to minor parasitic demonic beings.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ShootingNova

@DocFatalis: Classic Strange..... I would say is above Dormammu and In-Betweener. He is clearly above the In-Betweener.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DocFatalis

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: Here's what we can read about Eternity on the wiki of this very site:

"Eternity is an abstract, relatively omnipotent entity representing all time and reality in the universe. Eternity has been around before the beginning of the universe. He is every living thing and every living thing is him.

Origin

Eternity is the twin brother of Infinity; Along with their sibling counterparts, Death and Oblivion. together they share the responsibility of maintaining the balance between life and death, tranquility and entropy. Eternity is part of a small cosmic pantheon that represents the three essential forces in the universe, being equity (Galactus), necessity (Eternity & Infinity) and vengeance (Death & Oblivion). Also, if Galactus ever dies or does not exist, the opposite of Eternity, Abraxas, would come into being. Where Infinity represents all space within the universe, Eternity represents all time, although sometimes Eternity can take Infinity’s place in some cases."

So once again, Galactus is being presented as an essential force of the universe and a sibling of Eternity, not simply one of his inhabitants. There is no Eternity without Galactus and conversely.

No Eternity means no food for Galactus but no Galactus means no more Eternity because of Abraxas.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ShootingNova

@DocFatalis: Typically, wiki sources are not reliable ones. Yes, both are dependent on each other.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By DocFatalis

@ShootingNova:that's very difficult to say: during their first encounter, Stange was defeated immediately and really treated like a bug more than anything else. it's only by calling to the attention of master Order and lord Chaos that he could get rid of the In-Betweener.

Strange operated more on a philosophical level back in those days. I guess it's the general ambiance of the seventies that induced that.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ShootingNova

@DocFatalis: Yeah.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By TifaLockhart

I believe people are assuming status = power. That's not always the case.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Killemall

Is Eternity a physical character or an embodiment OF ALL THINGS in the Multiverse?

Genis Vall can not kill the real Eternity......He only helped Entropyand Epiphany re-image an aspect of it. Lastly, Genis Vell is not extra-dimensional, so therefore, he can't exist outside of the real Eternity. He would need to have a masifested from through the Dimension of Manifestation.

So in short, apart from some fan assumption you've got nothing.

Genis Vell cant kill eternity, on one had i have your fan based theory, on the other i have this from Captain Marvel 6. Sorry but i am take marvel words over you, thats just how it is. Cannon incident > fan based assumption.

No Caption Provided

Also i suppose Thanos after having absorbed the entire eternity along with the living tribunal, Adam Warlock on a different unvierse beings just fine and Death being alive was just poor writing or was it just another aspect of eternity that was absorbed and the all powerful eternity didnt even bother to show up despite Living Tribunal having to show up??

Also the guy Dormammu with Umar's help killed and absorbed wasnt the "real" eternity but just an aspect right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

So in short, apart from some fan assumption you've got nothing.

Genis Vell cant kill eternity, on one had i have your fan based theory, on the other i have this from Captain Marvel 6. Sorry but i am take marvel words over you, thats just how it is. Cannon incident > fan based assumption.

No Caption Provided

That's what I've been trying to say the whole time. Eternity = The Multiverse (All 3D Universes put together). Therefore Eternity is more powerful than Galactus.

@Killemall said:

Also i suppose Thanos after having absorbed the entire eternity along with the living tribunal, Adam Warlock on a different unvierse beings just fine and Death being alive was just poor writing or was it just another aspect of eternity that was absorbed and the all powerful eternity didnt even bother to show up despite Living Tribunal having to show up??

Nope, Beyond Eternity and his realm is called an Omniverse. Anything that is past this point are extradimensional realms, If you read closely at your scans, you would have noticed this. And also at the fact, that once Eternity is no more, Oblivion is all there is. That entire scan, Thanos and Warlock were inside Oblivion..... And if you knew Marvel well, "Lady" Death is one of the aspects of Oblivion. So see, the problem is that you're either forgetting or omitting the fact the the "Extra-Dimension" (called the omniverse) exist.

People need to remember the Extra-Dimensional OMNIVERSE does exist and CAN NEVER GO AWAY. There's a difference between OMNIVERSE and MULTIVERSE, and I keep posting the scan of Dormammu standing near the multiverse, but people keep on ignoring it.

---- Do you see were the arrow is pointing at? That's Dormammu literally standing near the MULTIVERSE. (Eternity)

@Killemall said:

Also the guy Dormammu with Umar's help killed and absorbed wasnt the "real" eternity but just an aspect right?

That's why I've been arguing that Dormammu wins the entire time I entered this debate......

Multiverse is Eternity. Replace all the Blackhearts with Galactuses
Multiverse is Eternity. Replace all the Blackhearts with Galactuses
WhitePowerKKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By WhitePowerKKK

I AGRRE BIG G TAKES THIS EASILY

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By beautifulrevery

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning:

There is an Eternity for every universe in the multiverse. There is no overarching Eternity that encompasses all Eternities in the multiverse. There is one for the 616, 1610, etc universes in marvel.

Mistress Death is an aspect of DEATH, not Oblivion. Death is the sibling of Oblivion. Not an aspect just like Eternity is the sibling of Infinity. And they are counterparts to each other however they exist in their respective universes and do not encompass the entire multiverse.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#87  Edited By Pyrogram

Big G

Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Grand Ninja

I'm going with Dormammu. He's much more consistent than the big G.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Floopay

@beautifulrevery said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning:

There is an Eternity for every universe in the multiverse. There is no overarching Eternity that encompasses all Eternities in the multiverse. There is one for the 616, 1610, etc universes in marvel.

Mistress Death is an aspect of DEATH, not Oblivion. Death is the sibling of Oblivion. Not an aspect just like Eternity is the sibling of Infinity. And they are counterparts to each other however they exist in their respective universes and do not encompass the entire multiverse.

What about Multi-Eternity?

As for this fight, I would go with Dormammu more often than not. Thanos crashed a planet lined with explosives into a semi-hungry Galactus and quoted that there was about a 60% chance he would survive. Galactus doesn't have any feats at full power, and it's doubtful he's as powerful as Eternity.

Galactus is merely the stand-in for another abstract, that is, the abstract of destruction Abraxas. I believe that is the reason he is regarded as Eternity's equal, I don't think it has anything to do with power level at all tbh. Though I believe Galactus is well above Skyfather, I believe he is also well below Abstract. He hovers in the same grey area as Celestials and Elder gods in those aspects.

The most powerful version of Dormammu would be him with the Evil Eye of Avalon would it not? Which was the device that helped him conquer Eternity temporarily? I'm going to side with Dormammu.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Floopay: Multi eternity isn't something recognized by Marvel as actually existing so for now I'm going to keep the concept of singular eternities for each universe in the multiverse as canon in my mind. However Dormammu does beat Big G.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By KingOfAsh

I'd say Dormammu because I'm pretty damn tired of hearing about Galactus (though I'm not sure who he is, Dormammu that is)

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Deadgod

Dormammu

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By njones5

dormmamu

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus even if they fight in the Dark Dimension.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers