Dormammu vs Elder Gods

Avatar image for theultimatesurvivor
TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dormammu declares a war against Elder Gods. He wants to put an end to their existance and delete them from the memory of worshippers. 
Dormammu makes a ritual of invoking the extra-dimensional entities's power
1) Cyttorak
2) Raggadorr
3) Farallah
4) Ikonn
5) Balthakk
6) Valthorr
7) Watoomb
8) Krakkan

Dormammu sacrifies his Dark Dimension and becomes .... the Octessence's champion !!!

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                                  vs 
The elder gods are
1) Chthon
2) Set
3) Gaea
4) Oshtur 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@TheUltimateSurvivor: No Set or Gaea?And where is Chthon?
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lance Bastro
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
they are there at the bottom. the list are the principalities that dormammu calls upon.
TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MarvelJackAss433 said:
I was editing the post.
The Dude.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Dude.

I still don't see him beating a multidude of elder gods.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daak1212

Elder Gods

TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any specific reasons ?
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daak1212
@TheUltimateSurvivor said:
Any specific reasons ?
Cthon in theory should be able to take out most of them being a multiversal/omniversal and most of team one is universal/multiversal.  Set should be able to hold his own against a couple and Gaea and Oshtur seem like back up.  I lie about Oshtur, Oshtur and Cthon should be the main force here.  How strong is Dormammu actually?  He seems on and off, like he can be universal buster or multiversal but then he gets beat down by Strange and trapped inside his own lair in a face to face conflict with DOctor Voodoo in Doctor Voodoo: Sorcerer Supreme #1.
TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daak1212 said:

Any specific reasons ?
Cthon in theory should be able to take out most of them being a multiversal/omniversal and most of team one is universal/multiversal.  Set should be able to hold his own against a couple and Gaea and Oshtur seem like back up.  I lie about Oshtur, Oshtur and Cthon should be the main force here.  How strong is Dormammu actually?  He seems on and off, like he can be universal buster or multiversal but then he gets beat down by Strange and trapped inside his own lair in a face to face conflict with DOctor Voodoo in Doctor Voodoo: Sorcerer Supreme #1.
Chthon isn't taking out, that lord_bla bla bla speaded false information about Chaos Wave being a creation of Chthon and other b/s.
In fact Chthon shit his pants from Demogorge.
Dormammu once battled Eternity, I guess. Don't know the outcome, know only Eternity then later was trapped by Nightmare after that fight.
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Grand Ninja

Oshtur and Chthon can take out Dormammu. In fact, Dormammu also invokes Chthon if i remember correctly.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daak1212
@daak1212 said:
Any specific reasons ?
Chthon isn't taking out, that lord_bla bla bla speaded false information about Chaos Wave being a creation of Chthon and other b/s.
Dormammu once battled Eternity, I guess. Don't know the outcome, know only Eternity then latter was trapped by Nightmare after that fight.
Im pretty sure there was a big debate about this a while back.  I think it was Chthon vs Cytorakk or Demogorge Im not really sure.  Out of curiosity are we allowing Chthon to have Darkholme here? 
TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daak1212 said:
@daak1212 said:
Any specific reasons ?
Dormammu once battled Eternity, I guess. Don't know the outcome, know only Eternity then latter was trapped by Nightmare after that fight.
Im pretty sure there was a big debate about this a while back.  I think it was Chthon vs Cytorakk or Demogorge Im not really sure.  Out of curiosity are we allowing Chthon to have Darkholme here? 
Don't know how it would help him here. There are no pages for Octessence since they're on a higher plane than Chthon is.
Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daak1212 said:
in my defense my good man, which i think every person has the right to do so.. i NEVER, in all caps and bold letters NEVER said that the Chaos Wave is a creation of Chthon.. what i said is, which i quote:  

the use of Wanda's powers made a tear in the fabric of reality causing the reality of catastrophic wave of temporal energy the destroyed everything in its path and even threatened to reach the Throne of God itself.. 

honestly, people needs to be more comprehensive with what they read.. just because facts says otherwise on your favored character, you shouldn't you hatin' and tellin' false assumptions on someone..  

PS: to all those who wants to see that debate, here is the link: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/chthon-vs-cyttorak/401069/?page=6 

you be the judge..  ^_^
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By czarny_samael666
@daak1212 said:
Any specific reasons ?
1.lord_oraculous probably knows magic beings better than any of us. 
2.Dormammu didn't fought with Eternity under his own power. He was really, really boosted. He is Odin's equal, nothing more.
3.Cyttorak is for sure in The Vishanti's level, which are over-universal. But so are Elder Gods according to what we've seen about them. For example, Gaea gived Herc power with which he reformed multiverse.
TheUltimateSurvivor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael said:
@daak1212 said:
Any specific reasons ?
1.lord_oraculous probably knows magic beings better than any of us.  2.Dormammu didn't fought with Eternity under his own power. He was really, really boosted. He is Odin's equal, nothing more. 3.Cyttorak is for sure in The Vishanti's level, which are over-universal. But so are Elder Gods according to what we've seen about them. For example, Gaea gived Herc power with which he reformed multiverse.
1) Lord_oraculous overhypes too much.
2) He is boosted here too.
3) Gaea giving Herc that kind of power is total bullshit, in fact Demiurge, who spawned her, never was that powerful, and was limited to Earth. The entire chaos war is a total piece of B/S.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lance Bastro
@czarny_samael said:
@daak1212 said:
Any specific reasons ?
1.lord_oraculous probably knows magic beings better than any of us.  2.Dormammu didn't fought with Eternity under his own power. He was really, really boosted. He is Odin's equal, nothing more. 3.Cyttorak is for sure in The Vishanti's level, which are over-universal. But so are Elder Gods according to what we've seen about them. For example, Gaea gived Herc power with which he reformed multiverse.

1. this might be true if it wasn't for biasness. he probably has slightly an edge of knowledge when it comes to magical beings that dwell inner-dimensionally. you know; the beings that interact with marvel more, but when it comes to the principalities, his edge kinda buckles... this is why i like to think that oshtur is > chthon, because she went beyond being an elder god and became one of the principalities. i was going to add this to my argument, but due to the length of that post, i thought that i should save it for something later.
  2. dormammu was a principality exiled being and his strength and power by itself is about as powerful as a skyfather, but when he invokes from the principality like dr. strange does, he can get very powerful. so there is personal power and conjuring power and if you add them together, you can get a dormammu who can easily swallow eternity and a dr. strange that can fight a living tribunal.
  3. i like to think that the vishianti are more equal to shuma gorath with shuma being slightly more powerful than each of the 3 alone, but cyttorak is a whole different thing because it considers itself an entire cosmos of unlimited, timeless energy.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bigcimmerian

Elder gods should win this

lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Bastro said:
@czarny_samael said: 

1. this might be true if it wasn't for biasness. he probably has slightly an edge of knowledge when it comes to magical beings that dwell inner-dimensionally. you know; the beings that interact with marvel more, but when it comes to the principalities, his edge kinda buckles... this is why i like to think that oshtur is > chthon, because she went beyond being an elder god and became one of the principalities. i was going to add this to my argument, but due to the length of that post, i thought that i should save it for something later.
  2. dormammu was a principality exiled being and his strength and power by itself is about as powerful as a skyfather, but when he invokes from the principality like dr. strange does, he can get very powerful. so there is personal power and conjuring power and if you add them together, you can get a dormammu who can easily swallow eternity and a dr. strange that can fight a living tribunal.
  3. i like to think that the vishianti are more equal to shuma gorath with shuma being slightly more powerful than each of the 3 alone, but cyttorak is a whole different thing because it considers itself an entire cosmos of unlimited, timeless energy.

1. that is because i am obsessed with the realms of magic.. i own mostly any magically related Marvel publication there is.. Mystic Arcana, Marvel Tarots, Marvel's Encyclopedia Mythologica, Marvel Zombies: Book of Angels, Demons and Monstrosities and many more.. and for a fact, i am never biased.. just because i support a certain character who is clearly superior in many aspects which are factual, then that makes me biased? when did correcting someone by telling the truth a bad thing? the fact is, the Principalities are nothing more but mystical beings who managed to escape the realms of Earth and dwell in extra-dimensional planes.. with that, all Elder Gods not just Oshtur are considered Principalities since they all reside on extra-dimensional planes and empowers sorcerers.. there is no special connotation on being a principality.. that is just the fact of the whole idea..
  2. Dormammu is a member of the Faltine race which are beings composed of pure mystic energy.. and at most he is Skyfather level.. even with all the aid to the Principalities, he is still no match against the Living tribunal as the Living Tribunal can easily demolish any principality.. Dormammu can't never ever defeat Eternity is a fight with no plot device such as the shift in the cosmic axis..
  3. the Vishanti combined are indeed equal to Shuma-Gorath.. but Cyttorak wouldn't stand a chance against Shuma-Gorath.. the Crimson Cosmos for once and for is not unlimited.. and its timeless characteristics and be affected even by just bringing a watch inside it.. please, just for once drop the obsession for the character.. there are tons of false assumptions and misinterpretations already..
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lance Bastro

@lord_oraculous016 said:

@Lance Bastro said:
@czarny_samael said: 

1. that is because i am obsessed with the realms of magic.. i own mostly any magically related Marvel publication there is.. Mystic Arcana, Marvel Tarots, Marvel's Encyclopedia Mythologica, Marvel Zombies: Book of Angels, Demons and Monstrosities and many more.. and for a fact, i am never biased.. just because i support a certain character who is clearly superior in many aspects which are factual, then that makes me biased? when did correcting someone by telling the truth a bad thing? the fact is, the Principalities are nothing more but mystical beings who managed to escape the realms of Earth and dwell in extra-dimensional planes.. with that, all Elder Gods not just Oshtur are considered Principalities since they all reside on extra-dimensional planes and empowers sorcerers.. there is no special connotation on being a principality.. that is just the fact of the whole idea..
  2. Dormammu is a member of the Faltine race which are beings composed of pure mystic energy.. and at most he is Skyfather level.. even with all the aid to the Principalities, he is still no match against the Living tribunal as the Living Tribunal can easily demolish any principality.. Dormammu can't never ever defeat Eternity is a fight with no plot device such as the shift in the cosmic axis..
  3. the Vishanti combined are indeed equal to Shuma-Gorath.. but Cyttorak wouldn't stand a chance against Shuma-Gorath.. the Crimson Cosmos for once and for is not unlimited.. and its timeless characteristics and be affected even by just bringing a watch inside it.. please, just for once drop the obsession for the character.. there are tons of false assumptions and misinterpretations already..

1. well that's good for you that you actually own them as you say so, but you need to realize that some characters are supposed to be as vague as the principalities because there are just some things that we are not supposes to understand. meaning we are unable to understand even if we tried. these beings such as the principalities. this is also one reason why oshtur left earth. she wanted to evolve to something more. was she called "omnipotent oshtur before or after her transcendence? who and what was it that helped her reach this status? i'm sure you know these answers. i didn't mean to say that you where biased straight out, but once you've made up your mind, you pretty much stick to it in a kind of biased manner.... and your attitude goes from ^_^   to  T___T  to  >=(     i know principality is a title of "here, i will lend you power" entities. that is why i feel safer to just call them extra-dimensional entities. if chthon or set was truly extra-dimensional, earth would be the last thing set on their minds.
  2. dormammu was casted out and was nerfed off most of his personal powers. his personal level of power is skyfather, but with the aid of the principalities it stacks to his personal powers. the only problem is that he needs a mind set to maintain all that stacked power (conjuring power) without loosing his focus. for example; how living tribunal lost his focus on maintaining the rings of raggadorr. the living tribunal can not demolish a principality (err.. extra-dimensional entity) like you say he could because if that were the case, he would not have had such a very hard time fighting with nebulos.... (which the LT did win after some struggling use of effort) who else could the LT could not stop that was ED leveled? shuma? rune????
  3. cyttorak and shuma are -/- and +/+ because shuma will be feeding off unlimited trans-infinite power and cyttorak never looses power so it's a moot..... however, where shuma can starve and weaken, cyttorak does not..... i bet if you placed trion juggernaut against a full powered non jobber shuma, trion will eventually win.... and this is not even half of cyttorak's power. **cough!**  below 12.5%  **cough!**. i'm not overly obsessed with juggernaut as you are to your wanda/chthon because i debate about other subjects too... from cosmics to street levelers and from video game characters to manga characters.... i have a variety of knowledge that does not circulate around juggernaut and cyttorak, and i only debate about juggernaut and cyttorak when it is brought up.... but you! you actually create threads and debate within your own threads.... i don't do that; if so, hardly... i push my threads for other people to debate, while you actually argue on yours almost all the time. and unlike me, you push as though you want to force your arguments down whoever your debating with throats like you try to do me and all i did was respond. haven't you notice by now that i use open ended questions and probing questions? like.... why does lance think this, and what are the reason and what are the proof to those reasons??? and "well lance, you say this, and this says that?"  let's say when you are writing an essay to a class, you want to fill in the gaps to every question that could possibly pop up so that your essay fills more complete and less biased. but all i get from you are opinions with no question whether the book is right or wrong.... there is a saying about this... ""I respect faith but doubt is what gets you an education.""~ Wilson Mizner ///// your obsession with your #1 is keeping you from any doubt..... it is you who needs to lay aside the facts of the book and start questioning what doesn't fit right with your characters.... trust me, for over 30 years cyttorak has remained the same as "an unlimited source", while other character like the elder gods are being reformed left and right by various writers.... well.... (????)

p.s: i kneeeeew you were going to bring up the clock counter, but it is not going to do you any good because the clock was the weakness to xorak who xorak was a minion creation of cyttorak. this is moot because oblivion tried to use that same time trick against juggernaut to no prevail. no matter how fast he was spinning the time wheel. juggernaut could not die, unlike xorak the "guardian of the korean temple of cyttorak".... xorak was not an avatar of cyttorak, he was just a creation for a purpose which his purpose was fulfilled.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lance Bastro

i got my face on a side of a mountain. 
you voted for john mc cain! 
i gotta bucket full of my head 
and i'm about to make it rain! 

you block bullets with your beard! 
i catch em' my skull 
i make fun of walker texas ranger and i don't even see that show!

lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Bastro said: 
  1. well that's good for you that you actually own them as you say so, but you need to realize that some characters are supposed to be as vague as the principalities because there are just some things that we are not supposes to understand. meaning we are unable to understand even if we tried. 
thank you.. i really love them.. as for the principalities, even they needed to be presented as the vague beings they are, they are in no way the most powerful beings in creation.. as much as i adore the creature of magic, i very much know for a fact what their limitations are.. these beings are not the incompressible beings to the readers.. we, as comic book readers must know every inch of a certain character.. that is why Marvel presented histories and bios for each characters, yes even principalities..  

this is also one reason why oshtur left earth. she wanted to evolve to something more. was she called "omnipotent oshtur before or after her transcendence? who and what was it that helped her reach this status? i'm sure you know these answers.

Oshtur is known as the "Omnipotent Oshtur" by sorcerers.. she wasn't referred to by such title simply because she had no worshipers back then.. Oshtur left Earth due to her fascination of what lies beyond Earth.. she has never transcended into something more.. she still remains, and forever will be an Elder Goddess..  

i didn't mean to say that you where biased straight out, but once you've made up your mind, you pretty much stick to it in a kind of biased manner.... and your attitude goes from ^_^   to  T___T  to  >=( 

when you say biased, it means you think of a person who shares one sided opinion upon a certain topic unable to be persuaded and reasoned with using factual claims.. i am not a narrow minded person.. i am more of a diplomat.. i never take a single side on a certain topic and shut my ear on the other.. i am like this because i know what is right from what is wrong.. i know the difference between factual claims between false assumptions and misinterpretations.. but this not mean that i cannot be persuaded.. if sufficient and clear evidences are revealed to me, i would be more than willing to retract what i said.. it is not very hard to do.. for example. you cannot make me believe an object is an apple when i know for a fact that it is a banana.. and i am sure anyone is also like that.. as for my attitude like you said, if i ever said anything hurtful, then i sincerely apologize.. the thing is, i just don't understand why people say one is biased when what one only did is to speak the truth.. the thing is, even saints have their breaking point.. again, i apologize if i said anything hurtful.. 

i know principality is a title of "here, i will lend you power" entities. that is why i feel safer to just call them extra-dimensional entities. if chthon or set was truly extra-dimensional, earth would be the last thing set on their minds.

that is correct.. they are called extra-dimensional beings for they exist in a dimension parallel to Earth.. also, being associated with Earth is never a criteria to be called an extra-dimensional being.. all principalities are tied to earth in one way or another.. the Vishanti is the prime protector of Earth against Mystic threats.. even Cyttorak is tied to Earth as the reason why he let Doctor Strange and Nova go is because Doctor Strange promise to spread Cyttorak's name..  

dormammu was casted out and was nerfed off most of his personal powers. his personal level of power is skyfather, but with the aid of the principalities it stacks to his personal powers. the only problem is that he needs a mind set to maintain all that stacked power (conjuring power) without loosing his focus. for example; how living tribunal lost his focus on maintaining the rings of raggadorr. the living tribunal can not demolish a principality (err.. extra-dimensional entity) like you say he could because if that were the case, he would not have had such a very hard time fighting with nebulos.... (which the LT did win after some struggling use of effort) who else could the LT could not stop that was ED leveled? shuma? rune???? 

Dormammu at-best is skyfather level.. he invokes spells from other beings but those does not increase his powers in any extent.. the you are correct though that concentration is vital when invoking one's power.. LT could have easily defeat Zom if not for Strange's plea to allow him to fight Zom instead.. LT managed to pass judgement over Slorioth who possessed power enough to destroy a universe or thousand more.. LT never faced of with Shuma-Gorath but seeing how Death easily defeated the Many Angled-Ones which included Shuma, it would suggest the LT is clearly beyond him.. during the fight with Nebulos and seeing that the greatest damage is a single planet, one can suggest that is not even the true Living Tribunal which can be a M-Body that LT uses..  

cyttorak and shuma are -/- and +/+ because shuma will be feeding off unlimited trans-infinite power and cyttorak never looses power so it's a moot..... however, where shuma can starve and weaken, cyttorak does not..... i bet if you placed trion juggernaut against a full powered non jobber shuma, trion will eventually win.... and this is not even half of cyttorak's power. **cough!**  below 12.5%  **cough!**. i'm not overly obsessed with juggernaut as you are to your wanda/chthon because i debate about other subjects too... from cosmics to street levelers and from video game characters to manga characters.... i have a variety of knowledge that does not circulate around juggernaut and cyttorak, and i only debate about juggernaut and cyttorak when it is brought up.... but you! you actually create threads and debate within your own threads.... i don't do that; if so, hardly... i push my threads for other people to debate, while you actually argue on yours almost all the time. and unlike me, you push as though you want to force your arguments down whoever your debating with throats like you try to do me and all i did was respond. haven't you notice by now that i use open ended questions and probing questions? like.... why does lance think this, and what are the reason and what are the proof to those reasons??? and "well lance, you say this, and this says that?"  let's say when you are writing an essay to a class, you want to fill in the gaps to every question that could possibly pop up so that your essay fills more complete and less biased. but all i get from you are opinions with no question whether the book is right or wrong.... there is a saying about this... ""I respect faith but doubt is what gets you an education.""~ Wilson Mizner ///// your obsession with your #1 is keeping you from any doubt..... it is you who needs to lay aside the facts of the book and start questioning what doesn't fit right with your characters.... trust me, for over 30 years cyttorak has remained the same as "an unlimited source", while other character like the elder gods are being reformed left and right by various writers.... well.... (????) 

once against, Cyttorak is never described to possess limitless power.. he is only described to be a source of unlimited straight and durability.. Shuma-Gorath can absorb mystic energies like what he did before to Sise-Neg.. also, contrary to popular belief, i am not obsessed with any character.. just because i know most about them makes be obsessed.. that is clearly stereotyping and typecasting.. battle threads are created with the purpose of comparing two characters.. that is why everyone has the right to share what they know on the characters involved.. i am not a single character guy.. i can discuss certain characters and tell you honestly what i know about them.. when i don't know something i blatantly say that i don't.. facts stay as they are until proven otherwise.. curiosity is the thing which fuels the mind to think and thinking leads to new discoveries which corrects past facts.. but you cannot disprove facts with just pure imagination.. imagination and curiosity is the catalyst, in the end it still goes down to what is proven factual.. 

^_^