Dormammu vs Arishem the Judge (Celestial)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Dormammu vs Arishem the Judge

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Two rounds:

One: In the Dark Dimension at a point when Dormammu is the ruler.

Two: On the planet Mercury.

In both cases, both combatants are at the height of their power (at least, at the height of their power as it can exist in the dimension in which they are battling).

Who wins? Why?

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By fondofpacman

Dormammu isn't really like Shuma or some principality who's omnipotent in his own dimension...although I think he does usually gain some significant advantages over his opponents when fighting in the Dark Dimension.  

Dorm's feats are all over the place, so that could make it tricky to call since there's not alot on Arishem, but if we're looking at both characters based on their original power levels, I'd say Dorm absolutely takes it in the Dark Dimension. He basically blew up eternity the one time he interrupted his fight with Dr. Strange, and I'd place Arishem around Galactu's level, not enough to handle Dorm on his home turf. 

On Mercury, hmmm, I'd still probably give it to Dorm, but I'm not sure how crafty Arishem is. I remember Dormammu leaving the dark dimension in a Guardians of the Galaxy comic, and although he basically lost to PIS, he was fighting Ghost Rider, old Dr. Strange, and Phoenix Force and kicking ass outside of the Dark Dimension, at one point the damn Phoenix Force blasted him and it just singed his and alittle...although that was a garbage issue IMO, and there could be important story context I'm forgetting. 

Wait...hmmm, can Arishem seal off dimensions himself? If he can, he'll vaporize Dorm after sealing off his power to the DD, without the flames of regency Dorm is fairly weak.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

bump

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tron_bonne

Dormammu's personal power might not be enough to have a full confrontation with Arishem, however, this is where things get a bit tricky. Dormammu has Personal Power and Conjuring power.  He can simply add more power and stack that power to his favor with the use of Principality magic and summons. For example, he can call for Shuma Gorath to add him more strength and Chthon to protect him, while at the same time invoke Cyttorak to contain his enemies. With this in mind, Arishem might have some bit of a problem.

fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fondofpacman
@tron_bonne

Yeah, you're basically pointing out an important difference between cosmic and mystic energies. 

Arishem has tons of cosmic energy (like Galactus). That is to say, cosmic energy is liquid, immediately accessible, and raw. It is something that can essentially be quantified absolutely and used at any given time.  

Dormammu possesses tons of mystic power. Mystic energy is usually less easily measured because it's often transfered from one source to another, as sorcerers can draw it to-and-from other sources. Usually Sorcerer's use their skill to invoke principalities to have mystic energy transfered to them, usually how much depends on how skilled they are as sorcerers and how they're reguarded by the principality they're invoking. Dormammu does invoke principalities...although being a complete asshole, he's probably not on as good of terms with most of them as Dr. Strange is, so I'd guess he has fewer principalities to choose from than Strange. In fact, I don't think Dorm even ever invokes power from The Flames of the Faltine (the Faltine dimension's collective energy) because he's a murderous outcast and they hate him...which sucks for him since that's as strong thing to be able to invoke...i remember Dr. Strange being almost completely f#cked when fighting one of shuma-gorath's minions (Sligguth maybe?), and TFOTF won the fight for him almost instantly, also he calls upon TFOTF immediately after breaking out of the Living Tribunal's Crimson Bands of Cytorrak (in the first app of LT) to show off how powerfull he could become if needed...tangent there sorry.

But Dorm rules the Dark Dimension, which is a pretty big universe, so he can invoke a shit tone of the mystic energy contained within it at any time without needing approval from some principality, this is why he can afford to be a dick head. That means that Dorm's mystic energy is in some ways almost like cosmic energy, because as long as he possesses the flames of regency, he can use the Dark Dimension's power at will, without invoking anything. 

Additionally, Dorm is a faltine, beings of pure energy (maybe I should even consider it to be blatant cosmic energy?). He was one of the strongest faltines before he and Umar ate their father Sinifer, and maybe he even consumed other faltine's energies, so Dorm always has even natural inherent energy from which to draw from. It's however much he had when he first came to the Dark Dimension and tricked it's old ruler.

So to summarize... 

Dormammu: 

- The Dark Dimmension's Mystic Energy - (a whole universe's mystic energy, readily available as long as he's ruler of it...although don't know if he can implement that power outside the Dark Dimension if the dimension was sealed off...like by a Celestial) 

- Faltine Energies - (the pure energy comprising his original form before he started consuming matter...it's probably not that much compared to Arishem, but it's his and he always has this) 

- Principality Invocation Mystic Energy - (whatever power the various principalities will lend to Dorm upon him invoking them) 

Arishem: 

- Cosmic Energy - (his raw, personal power from his hyperspace form) 

- Celestial Technology - (hmmm, who knows what could be in store? The influence Cellestial knowledge could be less significant while he's not prepared with extra weapons and on his own.)  

So if Arishem can seal off Dorm's DarkDimension energy, he just needs to compete with a high level sorcerer who has extra faltine energy and probably a limited list of principalities to invoke, i think Arishem would completely annihilate him if this was the case.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Killemall

Arishem FTW!!!

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Arishem.
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tron_bonne
@fondofpacman: I think Arishem has more than enough personal power to over come Dormammu's personal power outside of the Dark Dimension. But with Conjuring Power stacking on Dormammu's favor, Arishem has no other choice but to call for reinforcements or to find some use of a plot device to defeat Dormammu. 

Cosmic Power vs Magic 
Cosmic power is all power that flows within a reality of what makes a physical universe. In China, they call it Chi (Ki in Japan). It's pretty much everywhere around us. The ambient energies that are the 4 fundamentals of the universe. Galactus and the Power Cosmic is one such example, however, when the Celestials were 1st debut, they were created to add to that a step further passed the cosmic boundaries. The Hyperverse, where exist in parallel from Matter, Anti-Matter and then Hyper Matter. But there are other places that even go beyond that point and these are the areas where time, space and reality break apart into concepts. These are the Extra-Dimensions. (not to be confused with Inner-Dimension or Inter-Dimensions) The Extra-Dimensions are omniversal bubbles that sorta surround the multiverse and this is sorta where Dormammu has the advantages because if he invokes power from these areas, he practically has transinfinite power. This was displayed when Dr. Strange had caught the eye of the Living Tribunal. Though it is true that Dormmamu hardly invokes of extra-dimensional powers due to his pride and arrogance, but that doesn't stop the fact that he has in several occasions when he really needed too. In the Dark Dimension, he doesn't really need to do that, but if he's out side in the plane sight of Eternity on planet Mercury as the OP mentioned; He's going to have to conjure up more power for himself, because he is fighting on a plane (Cosmic Plan) where Arishem has a better advantage. 

Round 1) Most likely to be Dormammu 
Round 2) Can go either way depending if Dormammu is arrogant to use his personal power vs him using his conjuring powers. 
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

@fondofpacman: @tron_bonne: Hey nice points about cosmic vs invocational energy guys. I hadn't thought of that being used in our universe; I'm not sure he could conjure up enough energy to make up whatever difference there is between his natural power and Arishem's natural power on our plane, but it's a good idea.

Also, fondofpacman--you've gotta watch the language before a mod comes after ya!

@Killemall: @TheGoldenOne: Arishem in both rounds?

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D loses both.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tron_bonne
@Owie said:

@fondofpacman: @tron_bonne: Hey nice points about cosmic vs invocational energy guys. I hadn't thought of that being used in our universe; I'm not sure he could conjure up enough energy to make up whatever difference there is between his natural power and Arishem's natural power on our plane, but it's a good idea.

Also, fondofpacman--you've gotta watch the language before a mod comes after ya!

@Killemall: @TheGoldenOne: Arishem in both rounds?

Yes, Arishem can win round too, but that really depends on Dormammu. This is a guy whole instantly destroyed one of the Eternities with a snap of a finger and also another Eternity by completely possessing him. Yes, it was being is was due to a cosmic shift, but it was Darmammu who shifted the scale to begin with.
fondofpacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fondofpacman

tron_bonne 

hmm, I always thought the hyperspace powers of the celestials were still in the same realm of cosmic power as beings such as Galactus and such...but I'll plead ignorance since I'm really not very well read on Silver Surfer and am still working my way through the original Eternals comics. And when you mention dormammu's personal power, do you mean the power drawn from the dark dimension, or just his natural faline power? I'm pretty sure he has the Dark Dimension powers outside his realm still, as Umar (when she ruled the DD) was strong enough to threaten the whole 616 universe and force Dr. Strange to sic Zom on her in a desperate effort.

I'd be of the opinion that Dorm would only win round one, but I'm assuming classic Dormammu, if he's been retconned to some wimpier version of him in the past few decades, I'm not even aware of that and I'm not talking about about that Dorm. Does Arishem have some crazy feats that lead people to believe he could go to the Dark Dimension and beat Dorm on his own?

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tron_bonne

@fondofpacman: I will get back to you on that.

Avatar image for chomponthis12589
ChompOnThis12589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ChompOnThis12589

Dormammu wins both rounds...... Clearly...... If he can best Eternity multiple times, chain Zom, and make Phoenix avatars look stupid there's no way that a Celestial like Arishem would do much of anything to Dormammu.

Dormammu's biggest weakness is his arrogance which he shows most often when facing his much weaker and "lesser" foes. I don't think he would give a Celestial that luxury.

Dormammu > any single Celestial(including Exitar and TOAA)

Dormammu stomps Arishem badly....

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Dormammu wins both rounds...... Clearly...... If he can best Eternity multiple times, chain Zom, and make Phoenix avatars look stupid there's no way that a Celestial like Arishem would do much of anything to Dormammu.

Dormammu's biggest weakness is his arrogance which he shows most often when facing his much weaker and "lesser" foes. I don't think he would give a Celestial that luxury.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spartan101

i think its pretty close,,hmm R1 to dorm,R2 to arishem imo

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By thanobomb1124
@OmegaDynasty
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

LoL
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Thor's hammmer

I'll say dormammu takes in his own realm(maybe) but on mercury arishem has him no doubt.

Marvel_Rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Marvel_Rules

arishem=galactus or arishem

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jeanroygrant

@TheGoldenOne said:

Arishem.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jezer

Is Arishem actually equal to Galactus or stronger? I assumed stronger.

Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hoboseid

@thanobomb1124 said:

@OmegaDynasty
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

LoL

this

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cosmic_reign

Arishem wins both scenarios.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was the last time a Celestial enters a reality that is NOT from the multiverse?

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cosmic_reign

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

When was the last time a Celestial enters a reality that is NOT from the multiverse?

Per Dr Strange, the Dark Dimension is one of the further dimensions from the 616 reality. Also it was theorized the the Celestials may not be from this multiverse
ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By ripcurl

Arishem

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daak1212

R1: Dormammu

R2: Maybe Ashriem or Dora not real sure

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cosmic_reign

@ChompOnThis12589 said:

Dormammu still had much to learn about the universe to even be considered a mild threat to the Celestials. (per Dr Strange) Arishem is a higher level Celestial. Dormammu is outta his league here. He loses both rounds.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist

Dorm both rounds.

@Hoboseid said:

@thanobomb1124 said:

@OmegaDynasty
@ChompOnThis12589 said:

LoL

this

No Caption Provided
Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Malevolent1

Honestly, I can't imagine even a Marvel universe (who's writers may observe or not observe established continuity...) that would allow Dormammu, as powerful as he is, to take out a celestial.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dorma.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jeanroygrant

@High Revolutionary said:

D loses both.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

D in his real.

A in the planet.

Adam_Taurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Dormy but not in a stomp

Round 2: I have no freaking idea. Mystic and cosmic power are completely different... Could go either way IMO

OneAboveU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chomponthis12589: You can not compare the celestial one above all with other celestials. He was the one, who revived his whole race in seconds. And is also the leader. The thing is, that there aren't many information about him, but to say that dormammu would easily bash him out of the way is wrong. As the leader of the celestials and ability to use cosmic energy and mythical energy, he is probably in a much higher position than dormammu. And also one of the cosmic entities as it own and not just because of his race. He would be able to go into the dark dimension on his own and fight it back, against dorm. Arishem would be also a great opponent for dormamu. Found it more interesting to talk about the OAA.

SirDragonFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ a guy just created an alt only to respond to a person who hasn't been active since 2013.. lol.

OT: a properly written Dormammu wins