• 128 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Here U go... I think this is a very good matchup. Doom is too strong in my mind to be beaten by anyone but Superman... What do U think

#3 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

One thing I don't understand is why some people think Wonder Woman is weaker than Superman? Okay, she is weaker, but not much, really. If people think Superman can beat Doomsday, then so can Wonder Woman.

#4 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a joke? You're seriously putting WONDER WOMAN up against Doomsday? Wonder Woman doesn't stand a chance!!

#5 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

your joking right wonder woman can go toe to toe with superman but superman would destroy her if he really nedded to, So Doomsday would rule her.
Post Edited:2007-05-04 09:54:22

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm... interesting...

not one of my pic's...

my money's on doomsday for this one... they've gone toe to toe several times in the past... Doomsday always came out on top though.

M

#7 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman did beat him before but not sure. I do know that Doomsday is very very close to Superman strengh and got the Kryptonain power. If there would be such a thing as equal, I thind WW and doom may be it! I know She's very strong but Doom may be stronger than WW and little weaker than Superman.

#8 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Ms. Invisible says:

"One thing I don't understand is why some people think Wonder Woman is weaker than Superman? Okay, she is weaker, but not much, really. If people think Superman can beat Doomsday, then so can Wonder Woman."

last_Arrow says:

"your joking right wonder woman can go toe to toe with superman but superman would destroy her if he really nedded to, So Doomsday would rule her.
Post Edited:2007-05-04 09:54:22"

And that's exactly what I mean.

#9 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

I see I also want to point out that, Wonder woman has magic on her side as well, where doomsday has not.

#10 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know WW enough to know they met a lot before. I know she probably is bested here but she's one of those who stand a chance!!! For those who don't think she does, then who else than superman got a chance??? Silver surfer? Thor?

#11 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk if he is mad enough

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday was 'created' on Krypton... he was made to be the ultimate hunter, but genetic memory passed down from clone to clone embedded a pure haterid of all kryptonions (the ones who created him)... that's what he was trying to wipe out.

Doomsday is like a force of nature... nothing can stand up to him... and before people say that Superman beat him, he didn't.

Doomsday killed Superman and then collapsed from the fight... he healed up and then evolved past Superman's ability to beat him again... when they next met Superman didn't stand a chance, he knew it, Doomsday knew it and the Gods of New Genesis knew it. they outfitted Superman with weapons to help beat Doomsday, but wven with the weapons of the God's Superman struggled to fight on a even keal with Doomsday...

Wonder Woman may stand up to Doomsday for a while, but her best weapons aren't going to mean much against him...

Strength, Speed... neither of them mean anything when fighting Doomsday...

Sword, Tiarra... neither of them can even cut Doomsday's flesh, even if they could, he has no pulminary system, no internal organs... he's living rock at this stange of his evolution...

Lasso... hmmm... not sure what to make of that... there's no intelligence for her to 'compell' in Doomsday, there is no 'truth' to him... he may not be able to break the lasso, but it isn't going to do anything to him either... he has the larger weight and mass, i think he'd just use it to swing diana around and throw her about...

M

#13 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio

That battle to me is to know who is the 2nd strongest ( I don't count Galactus in this cuz de don't fit in a planet so there is no true battle there) of all character ever created. I know it's not easy thing to answer to but too many people seem to think WW was. I look her up a lot and found out she really is amazing. I really think Dooms is the 2nd best ever

#14 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

LAMO Sorry just pictured that in my head

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

kehop says:

"I don't know WW enough to know they met a lot before. I know she probably is bested here but she's one of those who stand a chance!!! For those who don't think she does, then who else than superman got a chance??? Silver surfer? Thor?"

there aren't many people out there who could actually stand up to Doomsday in a toe to toe fight...

i don't know the capabilities of Surfer well enough to comment on that one, but Thor wouldn't stand a chance...

Magic may affect Doomsday, but then again it may not... it's not something that we've seen him come up against...

the only thing's we know he can survive are...

1, Superman's Heat vision at full power

2, he can survive in a vacume, space does nothing to him

3, a Quardian ring, full power blast did nothing to him

4, Fire / Ice, no elements did any damage to him, aside from encasing him in ice to slow him down for a few seconds.

5, telepathic damage, no mind there to damage...

6, explosions, Doomsday was at ground zero with Superman when a Gas Station exploded, the fireball encompassed them both... no damage to either.

those are the major things i can think of at the moment... there's probably more but not that i can think off.

M

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

kehop says:

"That battle to me is to know who is the 2nd strongest ( I don't count Galactus in this cuz de don't fit in a planet so there is no true battle there) of all character ever created. I know it's not easy thing to answer to but too many people seem to think WW was. I look her up a lot and found out she really is amazing. I really think Dooms is the 2nd best ever"

are you going on pure physical strength?

if so, Doomsday is either No1, or a close No2 to Darksied, with Superman following somewhere around 4 or 5 for the DCU...

there are a lot 'stronger' characters in the DCU...

M

#17 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going for the overall strengh. I think, personally, that superman is the very best there is, was and may ever be but that is me. I'm not even such a big fan of his but in overall power, I think he best evryone. Honnestly, I may look ridiculous but I never heard of Darkseid. I will look it up!

#18 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

OMg you like superman , really do you like cyclops just asking

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

with just pure physical power...

1, Darksied

2, Doomsday (1 and 2, debatable, they have only come up against each other 2ce, 1st time they didn't fight... second time doomsday surprised darksied, took him down from behind and ran.(

3, Martian Manhunter (Don't laugh... the guy's muscles are the same shapechanging structure as the rest of him... he can be as strong as superman if he wants.)

4, White Martians

5, Superman

6, Orion (Son of Darksied)

7, Wonder Woman

8, Supergirl

9, Kalibak

10, Powergirl

that's my list for top physical strength... only in the DCU though... i don't know enough about the Marvel universe to comment there

M

#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

here we go... knew i had Wonder Woman Vs Doomsday around here somewhere :D

(in case you're wondering... that flesh coloured smudge on Doomsday? that's the remains of plastic man.

seriously... nothing can stand up against this guy for pure physical strength

M

#21 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

On another note You like Superman!!!!!

#22 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really like Cyclop if the question was to me.

In the Marvel Universe, the most powerfull pure strengh character is the Hulk. If you just talk pure strengh, he sure is up there with the guy you just nammed. You should look it up if U like pure strengh

By the way, I like Superman but he's not in my favorite but of what I know he is the ultimate Superhero

I like the Marvel Universe wich is a more vulnerable version of thing in the DC Universe. I start to learn lots more about Dc and I find it very interresting

#23 Posted by kehop (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I just learned abbout Sentry.. what do people think about him???

#24 Posted by luce101 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

She might, if she had the weapons.

#25 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
luce101 said:
"She might, if she had the weapons."
NO!!!!
#26 Posted by benovagurl (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman doesn't stand a chance in this fight.  She'd get beat to death worst than Superman.  Come to think of it, there's a time when Bizarro nearly did it himself.

#27 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder can defeat Doomsday

#28 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"Wonder can defeat Doomsday"
What... Superman went all out and lost but wonder woman wins did you miss the scans above.
#29 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"Wonder can defeat Doomsday"
What... Superman went all out and lost but wonder woman wins did you miss the scans above."
That's called Plot. You do know Superman and Doomsday have fought several times since, and Superman has never lost again. In fact Doomsday couldn't even land a punch on Sups, and when he did, his bone broke (Doomsday's bone ;p).  Wonder Woman is as close to Superman as a character can get without actually being him. She's a tank. Plus she's hands down a better fighter then Kal El.
#30 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"Wonder can defeat Doomsday"
What... Superman went all out and lost but wonder woman wins did you miss the scans above."
That's called Plot. You do know Superman and Doomsday have fought several times since, and Superman has never lost again. In fact Doomsday couldn't even land a punch on Sups, and when he did, his bone broke (Doomsday's bone ;p).  Wonder Woman is as close to Superman as a character can get without actually being him. She's a tank. Plus she's hands down a better fighter then Kal El.
"
Ummm I know and which incarnations are being used....
#31 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"Wonder can defeat Doomsday"
What... Superman went all out and lost but wonder woman wins did you miss the scans above."
That's called Plot. You do know Superman and Doomsday have fought several times since, and Superman has never lost again. In fact Doomsday couldn't even land a punch on Sups, and when he did, his bone broke (Doomsday's bone ;p).  Wonder Woman is as close to Superman as a character can get without actually being him. She's a tank. Plus she's hands down a better fighter then Kal El.
"
Ummm I know and which incarnations are being used...."
Does it matter? The incarnations Superman beat later on where actually more dangerous then the first.
#32 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"Wonder can defeat Doomsday"
What... Superman went all out and lost but wonder woman wins did you miss the scans above."
That's called Plot. You do know Superman and Doomsday have fought several times since, and Superman has never lost again. In fact Doomsday couldn't even land a punch on Sups, and when he did, his bone broke (Doomsday's bone ;p).  Wonder Woman is as close to Superman as a character can get without actually being him. She's a tank. Plus she's hands down a better fighter then Kal El.
"
Ummm I know and which incarnations are being used...."
Does it matter? The incarnations Superman beat later on where actually more dangerous then the first."
You sure about....
#33 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
"You sure about...."
No I just like making things up.
#34 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
"You sure about...."
No I just like making things up."
I can see that. So you are saying current doomsday is stronger than hunter prey doomsday...
#35 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
"You sure about...."
No I just like making things up."
I can see that. So you are saying current doomsday is stronger than hunter prey doomsday..."
See, that's maybe where the problem is. Did I ever say stronger? I said more dangerous. And yes, I believe current Doomsday is more dangerous then Hunter Prey.
#36 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
"You sure about...."
No I just like making things up."
I can see that. So you are saying current doomsday is stronger than hunter prey doomsday..."
See, that's maybe where the problem is. Did I ever say stronger? I said more dangerous. And yes, I believe current Doomsday is more dangerous then Hunter Prey."
Explain 5 reasons why...
#37 Posted by Darth Balls (691 posts) - - Show Bio

wonderwoman gets a beat down

#38 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Darth Balls said:
"wonderwoman gets a beat down"
#39 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
Explain 5 reasons why..."
1. Smarter
2. Cant be killed the same way
3. Cant be killed the same way
4. Cant be killed the same way
5. Cant be killed the same way

Now give me one reason why he beats Wonder Woman.
#40 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
Explain 5 reasons why..."
1. Smarter
2. Cant be killed the same way
3. Cant be killed the same way
4. Cant be killed the same way
5. Cant be killed the same way

Now give me one reason why he beats Wonder Woman."
You only gave me 2 reasons.

Current Doomsday feels pain that is a real let down.
#41 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
"Carter Legacy said:
"never give up said:
Explain 5 reasons why..."
1. Smarter
2. Cant be killed the same way
3. Cant be killed the same way
4. Cant be killed the same way
5. Cant be killed the same way

Now give me one reason why he beats Wonder Woman."
You only gave me 2 reasons.

Current Doomsday feels pain that is a real let down."
Feels pain? I thought it was fear? Scans?

And those two reasons are more then enough. I still haven't seen anything to suggest Doomsday wins. except a scan of an outdated Doomsday during the Death of Superman arc. Plot. Even if he does feel pain, that doesn't mean he's somehow lost his strength. He can actually think now. Makes him pretty dangerous in my book.
#42 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Feels pain,fear
Lowered down speed and strength...
#43 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you. He's slower, weaker, feels pain, and has doubt. Wonder Woman wins :)

#44 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"Thank you. He's slower, weaker, feels pain, and has doubt. Wonder Woman wins :)"
rofl
#45 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"Thank you. He's slower, weaker, feels pain, and has doubt. Wonder Woman wins :)"
HAHA... That is why I said hunter prey doomsday would win don't try to get around it I proved you wrong owned...
#46 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
"HAHA... That is why I said hunter prey doomsday would win don't try to get around it I proved you wrong owned..."

You don't have to take it that far...
#47 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"never give up said:
"HAHA... That is why I said hunter prey doomsday would win don't try to get around it I proved you wrong owned..."

You don't have to take it that far..."
Im not first he makes things up and when I prove him wrong he cant admit it...
#48 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"never give up said:
"HAHA... That is why I said hunter prey doomsday would win don't try to get around it I proved you wrong owned..."

You don't have to take it that far..."
Its all good. Some people just don't know how to laugh anymore.
#49 Posted by never give up (9635 posts) - - Show Bio
Carter Legacy said:
"Static Shock said:
"never give up said:
"HAHA... That is why I said hunter prey doomsday would win don't try to get around it I proved you wrong owned..."

You don't have to take it that far..."
Its all good. Some people just don't know how to laugh anymore.
"
Say you were wrong...
#50 Posted by Carter Legacy (273 posts) - - Show Bio
never give up said:
"Static Shock said:
"never give up said:
"HAHA... That is why I said hunter prey doomsday would win don't try to get around it I proved you wrong owned..."

You don't have to take it that far..."
Im not first he makes things up and when I prove him wrong he cant admit it..."
What did I make up exactly? That the current incarnation of Doomsday is more dangerous? That scan isn't current Doomsday (you do know that right?) thats like from the late 90's early 2000. Doomsday killed Steel, and Mongol after that. So before you start crying like a b!tch, get your facts straight.