#1 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading Reign of Doomsday and saw how fast he was adjusting to everything, I think he can take on Thor. Not sure who would win. But I saw him overcome a virus that was designed to kill specifically his cells. He overcame it before Steel could finish his sentence. Then he adjusted and flew. Oh and then he grew new armor in seconds.

#2 Posted by dodi (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I think doomsday should win this, but not easily. With Mjolnir, Thor would probably win but without it, The battle should end the same way Doomsday fought Superman.

#3 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday was killed by a punch that shattered every window in the city (but left the buildings in tact)

Thor can hit hard enough to make shockwaves that shatter mountains

#4 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: well once he comes back he basically cant be hurt or killed by the same thing that had killed him. in ROD he was adjusting to everything on the fly. steel flew so he learned to fly, he got injected with doomsday cell killing virus, beat that in like 2 seconds, he even grew more armor

#7 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

he even shot eradicator with a power like his own

#8 Edited by SuperFan98 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this fight would go for Thor, even without his odinforce he can take doomsday it would be a good fight but would end for Thor.

#9 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

what is the strongest form of doomsday? he's crazy powerful in reign of doomsday

#10 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

he even adapts and has TTK stronger than superboy

#11 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: The strongest form that I'm familiar with is from Hunter/Prey, where he was tanked Darkseid's Omega beams, almost killed Darkseid himself, slapped around a Motherbox-enhanced Superman, and had to BFR'd to the end of time or whatever to be stopped.

But I'm unfamiliar with the Reign of Doomsday story arc, maybe that version is more powerful.

#12 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch: im not done with it but so far he's adapting to everything. Shooting energy blasts, growing armor, flying, beat a virus designed to kill HIS cells, and got TK stronger than superboys

#13 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: Damn, and that's the original Doomsday and not some random clone?

H/P Doomsday couldn't shoot beams, but he was able to extend his bone knuckle protrusions to hit and poison Superman from a distance:

#14 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

DD's biggest problem is that he never faced Thor, ergo he never evolved to anything that would defend him from Thor's special lightnings.

#15 Edited by Jgames (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday all the way, he adapt quickly, and can handle any attack that Thor have to offer, as long as he doesn't have odin force, this would be a 8/10 chance of DD to win. 2/10 for thor to win is due to PIS. But then againg there always BFR.

#16 Edited by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: it doesnt matter that he never faced him. he would evolve during the fight, just like he did during the battles in reign of doomsday

#18 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (440 posts) - - Show Bio

I...honestly don't know about this one. Thor is equal in strength to Supes, slower but with better combat speed (like Wonder Woman) and can generate enormous magical blasts that are bigger than anything Supes can pull out except arguably for planet-roasting level heat vision. Supes and Doomsday are usually about 50-50. Sometimes Superman can barely hold out against him, and sometimes he beats Doomsday without a sweat. Doomsday is one of those characters whose power REALLY fluctuates depending on what is needed.

SOoooo basically it depends on how Doomsday is being written *shrug*. And Thor too for that matter. If push comes to shove, Thor is capable of stealing souls or BFRing Doomsday onto a planet that Galactus happens to be eating at that moment or something like that, but he NEVER remembers that he can do this...

#20 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@godtriggerhulk: just finished. apparently they were clones. doomslayer looked like a badass. those clones were no joke!!

#21 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

I...honestly don't know about this one. Thor is equal in strength to Supes, slower but with better combat speed (like Wonder Woman) and can generate enormous magical blasts that are bigger than anything Supes can pull out except arguably for planet-roasting level heat vision. Supes and Doomsday are usually about 50-50. Sometimes Superman can barely hold out against him, and sometimes he beats Doomsday without a sweat. Doomsday is one of those characters whose power REALLY fluctuates depending on what is needed.

SOoooo basically it depends on how Doomsday is being written *shrug*. And Thor too for that matter. If push comes to shove, Thor is capable of stealing souls or BFRing Doomsday onto a planet that Galactus happens to be eating at that moment or something like that, but he NEVER remembers that he can do this...

This is some what untrue. After their first encounter Superman couldn't beat Doomsday physically. It wasn't possible. He had to find other ways and those involved getting rid of him rather than beating or killing him. Hunter/Prey and Doomsday Wars are where he was at his most powerful. A lot of his appearances after that were clones or crap like that. When it wasn't, it was an altered version like when Lex manipulates his DNA.

With this battle, odds are Thor realizes slugging it out isn't going to work but by then it's too late. When written how he should be, Doomsday is no joke.

DD's biggest problem is that he never faced Thor, ergo he never evolved to anything that would defend him from Thor's special lightnings.

Why is his lighting special lol I've never heard that before. Any examples would be great.

#22 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: thats impressive cause his clones are really powerful. Im going to try and read those u mentioned.

#23 Edited by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: It's an ultra cool story but the twist (the fact that it was 4 Doomsday clones and not one swiss army knife Doomsday) means that his adaptation powers didn't get a big boost. As for the result I see Thor pulling off a BFR and then taking the longest vacation of his Asgardian existence.

#24 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@godtriggerhulk: kinda disapointing lol. i was like wow DD is unstoppable now

#25 Posted by voldo2006 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say DD would win. Superman knocked out Thor. It would be a battle though.

#26 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: thats impressive cause his clones are really powerful. Im going to try and read those u mentioned.

Read Hunter/Prey first. It came out first. Takes place a little after Death of Superman. In Reign of Doomsday though, I can't remember if each Doomsday was created specifically for who they were taking out. The one that wrecked Superboy didn't have armor and the the one that beat Steel didn't have tactile telekinesis.

#27 Posted by Ddecourt (796 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Thor is going to have a break to get real serious with Doomsday, I mean he often starts his battles holding back until he realizes how strong/powerful is his opponent, but this is Doomsday we're talking about I'm not really sure that he will give Thor a break to do anything at all once he starts attacking. IMO Thor would get overwhelm if he doesn't come guns blazing at full force.

#28 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@voldo2006:

None cannon.

@ddecourt said:

I don't know if Thor is going to have a break to get real serious with Doomsday, I mean he often starts his battles holding back until he realizes how strong/powerful is his opponent, but this is Doomsday we're talking about I'm not really sure that he will give Thor a break to do anything at all once he starts attacking. IMO Thor would get overwhelm if he doesn't come guns blazing at full force.

He always can summon lightning or push DD somewhere with Mjolnir to change tactic.

This is some what untrue. After their first encounter Superman couldn't beat Doomsday physically. It wasn't possible. He had to find other ways and those involved getting rid of him rather than beating or killing him. Hunter/Prey and Doomsday Wars are where he was at his most powerful. A lot of his appearances after that were clones or crap like that. When it wasn't, it was an altered version like when Lex manipulates his DNA.

With this battle, odds are Thor realizes slugging it out isn't going to work but by then it's too late. When written how he should be, Doomsday is no joke.

H/P wasn't unstoppable, just Superman didn't have enough power to do it. Besides, problem that they have with DD comes from their own mistakes. When DD was created and killed each other time on Krypton, part of himself was cloned over and over again.

After his battle with Radiant, his body was putted in space ship, not destroyed. Similar after his fight in DoS. I don't see anything special in H/P beside winning with Darkseid. And I stil don't know if this was real DS.

Read Hunter/Prey first. It came out first. Takes place a little after Death of Superman. In Reign of Doomsday though, I can't remember if each Doomsday was created specifically for who they were taking out. The one that wrecked Superboy didn't have armor and the the one that beat Steel didn't have tactile telekinesis.

IIRC, they were made indyvidualy, but I can't confirm that right now.

Why is his lighting special lol I've never heard that before. Any examples would be great.

1.KOing Alter-Ego from inside with lighting (when he was near Zephyr)

2.Summoning strom that can match and overpower planet level beam.

3.His and Zephyr storm, made as a sideeffect of their "love" was going to crush Earth.

4.His lightnings are so much magically boosted that they can KO Silver Surfer. And Ereshkigal, Hulk + (not shown here) Super Skrull and Prime (Superman type hero from Malibu IIRC, IDK what is his power level). In the last scan we can see that his lightnings are powerfull enough to be felt in heart of sun.

As we know from his fight with Glory, Thor can summon weather efects from many planets in one strike (like tornado that was as powerfull as winds of 1000 planets).

#29 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

H/P wasn't unstoppable, just Superman didn't have enough power to do it. Besides, problem that they have with DD comes from their own mistakes. When DD was created and killed each other time on Krypton, part of himself was cloned over and over again.

After his battle with Radiant, his body was putted in space ship, not destroyed. Similar after his fight in DoS. I don't see anything special in H/P beside winning with Darkseid. And I stil don't know if this was real DS.

IIRC, they were made indyvidualy, but I can't confirm that right now.

1.KOing Alter-Ego from inside with lighting (when he was near Zephyr)

2.Summoning strom that can match and overpower planet level beam.

3.His and Zephyr storm, made as a sideeffect of their "love" was going to crush Earth.

4.His lightnings are so much magically boosted that they can KO Silver Surfer. And Ereshkigal, Hulk + (not shown here) Super Skrull and Prime (Superman type hero from Malibu IIRC, IDK what is his power level). In the last scan we can see that his lightnings are powerfull enough to be felt in heart of sun.

As we know from his fight with Glory, Thor can summon weather efects from many planets in one strike (like tornado that was as powerfull as winds of 1000 planets).

H/P wasn't stopped though. He ran through Darkseid, Darkseid's military, Waverider and Superman with a Mother Box. Most of these more powerful than Thor. H/P Doomsday was able to manifest abilities on the spot to deal with opponents.

Thor is going to need more than lighting to beat H/P Doomsday.

#30 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve:

1.Yeah, but we can't use it as a feat for him. How would we? Would this mean that there is no one in universe who can take him out? No, this was simply the easiest way. Exactly the same thing happened to Durok, but Thor killed him later with God Blast.

2.DS's army doesn't matter. Superman isn't more powerfull than Thor. IDK Waverider, I am not sure if DS was real or not, but I also don't see him above Thor. Thor's best feats are above Superman's and I don't see a reason to belive that even Superman best shot (destroying a Dark Moon) would KO Surfer, since he was able to take worse than that. DS' OB best feat was made in that story, destroying Cyborg and catching his consciusness in some gold ball. Thor's feats in this thread are superior to any of that.

DD's durability isn't above Surfer's either, so I don't see why Thor should't KO him instantly. More - I don't see why we should put DD's durability above Hulk or a specially whole planet like Alter Ego.

#31 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

"H/P wasn't stopped though. He ran through Darkseid, Darkseid's military, Waverider and Superman with a Mother Box. Most of these more powerful than Thor. H/P Doomsday was able to manifest abilities on the spot to deal with opponents."

THIS

#32 Posted by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

@voldo2006: So crossovers justifies a fight for you?

- GTFO

#33 Posted by Lvenger (19121 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless Thor can actually tag Doomsday with a godblast or powerful lightning attack, there's no way he's winning this fight. Doomsday is stronger, more durable, faster and of course can quickly heal and adapt to Thor's attacks. It will be as fruitless as Thor fighting the Destroyer armour. Now Doomsday vs the Destroyer would be a fight of the ages.

#34 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: doomslayer vs the destroyer will be my next battle

#35 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Unless Thor can actually tag Doomsday with a godblast or powerful lightning attack, there's no way he's winning this fight. Doomsday is stronger, more durable, faster and of course can quickly heal and adapt to Thor's attacks. It will be as fruitless as Thor fighting the Destroyer armour. Now Doomsday vs the Destroyer would be a fight of the ages.

Based on what feats You belive that DD is actually stronger than Thor?

#36 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor wins

#37 Edited by THC (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday would be a great recurring major Thor villain.

#38 Posted by Lvenger (19121 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: It's kind of already been done on here though.

@lvenger said:

Based on the fact he throws around Superman, the League's heavy hitters including Wonder Woman, MM and Orion and several Kryptonians during the New Krypton storyline all at once. Most of whom could hand Thor his ass by themselves.

#39 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve:

1.Yeah, but we can't use it as a feat for him. How would we? Would this mean that there is no one in universe who can take him out? No, this was simply the easiest way. Exactly the same thing happened to Durok, but Thor killed him later with God Blast.

2.DS's army doesn't matter. Superman isn't more powerfull than Thor. IDK Waverider, I am not sure if DS was real or not, but I also don't see him above Thor. Thor's best feats are above Superman's and I don't see a reason to belive that even Superman best shot (destroying a Dark Moon) would KO Surfer, since he was able to take worse than that. DS' OB best feat was made in that story, destroying Cyborg and catching his consciusness in some gold ball. Thor's feats in this thread are superior to any of that.

DD's durability isn't above Surfer's either, so I don't see why Thor should't KO him instantly. More - I don't see why we should put DD's durability above Hulk or a specially whole planet like Alter Ego.

I can haha looks like you can't. Of course there is someone who might be able to stop him but it would have to be with something he's never encountered before. He's been around for hundreds of thousands of years. I don't think a little lighting or a storm is going to hurt him. Superman with a Mother Box would beat Thor with out much trouble. Surfer is a PIS character whose power levels depend on the story. On paper he should be fairly unbeatable but he isn't.

The bottom line is Thor doesn't have anything new that Doomsday hasn't dealt with already. He's faster, more durable and will evolve whatever ability necessary to defeat Thor. The entire League couldn't stop him. You seriously think Thor is going to by himself? And "instantly"?! You're crazy.

#40 Posted by Pokeysteve (8235 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

@lvenger said:

Based on the fact he throws around Superman, the League's heavy hitters including Wonder Woman, MM and Orion and several Kryptonians during the New Krypton storyline all at once. Most of whom could hand Thor his ass by themselves.

That version was a lot weaker than Hunter Prey too.

#41 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@inconvenient_truth: It's kind of already been done on here though.

@czarny_samael666 said:

@lvenger said:

Pre-Death Superman is much, much weaker than Post-Blue Superman. Yet, he was still stronger and more powerfull than all people You mentioned, since he was able to kill DD.

Either Doomsday vs any of this people is PIS or they were never in Superman league. And Pre-Death Superman best feat is something similar to what Planet Hulk has done on Sakaar.

Ergo - all these people are levels weaker than mentioned Hulk and Thor or DD winning with them was PIS. Either way, DD wouldn't have prove to be in Thor's class of strength.

I can haha looks like you can't. Of course there is someone who might be able to stop him but it would have to be with something he's never encountered before. He's been around for hundreds of thousands of years. I don't think a little lighting or a storm is going to hurt him. Superman with a Mother Box would beat Thor with out much trouble. Surfer is a PIS character whose power levels depend on the story. On paper he should be fairly unbeatable but he isn't.

The bottom line is Thor doesn't have anything new that Doomsday hasn't dealt with already. He's faster, more durable and will evolve whatever ability necessary to defeat Thor. The entire League couldn't stop him. You seriously think Thor is going to by himself? And "instantly"?! You're crazy.

Insults are only thing that came to Your mind?

Read above. Not too mention that Superman with MB is featless. Eithr DD wasn't that powerfull or none of people who fought with DD is even close to Thor.

BTW, prove that DD was attacked by magical lightnings that can KO whole world and Silver Surfer.

#42 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: You do know that the Doomsdays in ROD were all clones, right?

They were each made specifically to adapt to their opponents.

#43 Edited by FrankBarone (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@Betatesthighlander Mjolnir shatters planets.

Doomsday may adapt but has he ever been hit by a planet buster? Has he ever been hit with anything as powerful as the God Blast?

@Lvenger Based on the fact he throws around Superman, the League's heavy hitters including Wonder Woman, MM and Orion and several Kryptonians during the New Krypton storyline all at once. Most of whom could hand Thor his ass by themselves.

Oh really? Wonder Woman? No she's not in his league. Superman? No he's weak against magic and Thor is just as strong if not stronger. MM would be a problem due to his telepathy. Orion I don't know enough about.

#44 Edited by FrankBarone (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 Pre-Death Superman is much, much weaker than Post-Blue Superman. Yet, he was still stronger and more powerfull than all people You mentioned, since he was able to kill DD.

What do you mean by post-blue Superman?

#45 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Doomsday getting up after a heavy magical attack delt by Mjolnir. I do see Thor being ripped apart like tin foil if Doomsday got his hands on him.

#46 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 Pre-Death Superman is much, much weaker than Post-Blue Superman. Yet, he was still stronger and more powerfull than all people You mentioned, since he was able to kill DD.

What do you mean by post-blue Superman?

After Superman came back from the dead, his power level was increasing. Then he turned into Blue Superman and after some stroies turned back into most known version, but I don't recall anyone saying that he came back to level from DoS.

If - for example - WW or Orion were physically weaker than DoS DD, who was pretty much Supe's equal, they are all below that version of Superman too. And Post-B Supeman is stronger than that one and he still doesn't have planet level feats.

Ergo, Pre-52, last known version of Superman before Flashpoint is physically weaker than Thor, Hulk or Gladiator, which leads me to conclusion that physically it looks like that:

Thor/Hulk/Gladiator > Pre-52/Post-Blue Superman >>> DoS Superman/DoS Doomsday >>> Wonder Woman/Orion/Martian Manhunter.

Maybe these people also got an upgrade about which IDK, but currently it is the only logic way it could be, considering that none of them has destruction/lifting feats in Thor's/Hulk's/Gladiator's level anyway.

#47 Posted by THORSON (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR.

he battles guys badder than doomsday.

#48 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sbaby: yea if you read the comments above i mentioned that