Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Doomsday (DoS version)

No Caption Provided

vs

Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner (pre-52 versions)

Random encounter, no knowledge, everyone bloodlusted, no BFR. Battle on Mars. Win by KO or death (one death is enough).

Can the team take down DD?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dondave

BFR him into the sun

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@dondave said:

BFR him into the sun

Edited OP... no BFR. They have to fight.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By willpayton

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jobbernos

doomsday effortlessly.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I see doomsday winning

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By willpayton

@jobbernos said:

doomsday effortlessly.

Why effortlessly? DD barely killed Superman, and these are two of the top lanterns ever, bloodlusted.

Avatar image for onevision_onepurpose
OneVision_OnePurpose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton said:

@jobbernos said:

doomsday effortlessly.

Why effortlessly? DD barely killed Superman, and these are two of the top lanterns ever, bloodlusted.

DD had already steamrolled over the JLA team with one hand literally tied behind his back before Superman turned up.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By willpayton

@OneVision_OnePurpose said:

@WillPayton said:

@jobbernos said:

doomsday effortlessly.

DD had already steamrolled over the JLA team with one hand literally tied behind his back before Superman turned up.

While true, that was a weak JLA team who were not bloodlusted. Also, it's ABC logic. Hal and Kyle where not on that team.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

Doomsday.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11  Edited By Pokeysteve

Going Doomsday. There's no doubt he can break their constructs and what are they going to do to hurt him?

And technically, technically, if they try to kill him their rings shut down don't they? I kid I kid =D

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

The Lanterns actually take this, despite what people are saying.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By willpayton

@Pokeysteve said:

Going Doomsday. There's no doubt he can break their constructs and what are they going to do to hurt him?

Beat him to a bloody pulp?

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Lulz ^^^^

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

Doomsday already adapted to green light energy, started absorbing it. Once Doomsday get's one of them (most likely Kyle), he'll take the ring and do this again .....

Doomsday probably wins

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mysoulz

DD wins. I don't see both Hal and Kyle's ring incapacitating him.

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wonderbrezzy
@N0tS0An0nym0us: how probably? the gurdian lost
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By XiiX

Doomsday.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@Wonderbrezzy said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us: how probably? the gurdian lost

Well, Kyle and Hal together could prove to be more powerful than said Guardian, who doesn't have that many feats anyway ..... they may have a shot ... i'd give them 3/10

but doomsday takes 7/10

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Stronger

Doomsday

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pokeysteve

@WillPayton said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Lol actually a good answer but he's faster than they could ever hope to be and has more than enough strength to break anything they throw at him.

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wonderbrezzy
@N0tS0An0nym0us: true, but if u read the death of superman, i think it was guy gardener God whooped, and he said doomsday moves as fast as the flash, at that time, and  later doomsday and super man were blurrs  fighting no one cud tell what there were or what was happening, that may proove too much for the GL's 
N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@Wonderbrezzy said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us: true, but if u read the death of superman, i think it was guy gardener God whooped, and he said doomsday moves as fast as the flash, at that time, and later doomsday and super man were blurrs fighting no one cud tell what there were or what was happening, that may proove too much for the GL's

That was Guy, by himself, these are two of the most powerful human GLs against DD now, not saying they win, cus they lose, but they would not get absolutely stomped.

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Quartermaim

@WillPayton said:

Do we have any feats showing that their constructs can do damage on par with Superman?

They can't kill him by physical means, Superman already beat them to the punch on that one.

Energy blasts are possible but with abilities that won't last long.

They do have the advantage of flight here, but eventually I think Doomsday would catch them.

With no BFR they are going to have to get extremely creative and out of character to end him.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By willpayton

@Wonderbrezzy said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us: true, but if u read the death of superman, i think it was guy gardener God whooped, and he said doomsday moves as fast as the flash, at that time, and later doomsday and super man were blurrs fighting no one cud tell what there were or what was happening, that may proove too much for the GL's

That was Guy, not bloodlusted. A bloodlusted Kyle or Hal would steamroll through Guy like Doomsday did. Lets not forget bloodlusted Hal took out the entire GL corp, including Kilowog and Sinestro.

@Quartermaim said:

@WillPayton said:

Do we have any feats showing that their constructs can do damage on par with Superman?

They can't kill him by physical means, Superman already beat them to the punch on that one.

Energy blasts are possible but with abilities that won't last long.

They do have the advantage of flight here, but eventually I think Doomsday would catch them.

With no BFR they are going to have to get extremely creative and out of character to end him.

I remember Hal (non-bloodlusted) blasting a hole clean-through Amazo. I remember his constructs being capable of holding and moving the Earth, with some assistance in the pulling department... but still it was the constructs that did all the actual pulling on the Earth, without breaking. His constructs can withstand supernova explosions. I think they're capable of putting some hurt on DD.

And this is DoS version, which means DD before he fought or got killed by Supes. He cant use any enhancements here that he evolved from that fight.

Speed-wise: Hal has been able to catch Zoom, that's not too shabby.

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By spawn_123

Doomsday

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wonderbrezzy
@WillPayton: best and Greatest intelligent responce ever on  Comic vine!  i could call u a friend that was  so good  i wish every one would be as cool when responding like you just did
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By willpayton

@Wonderbrezzy said:

@WillPayton: best and Greatest intelligent responce ever on Comic vine! i could call u a friend that was so good i wish every one would be as cool when responding like you just did

Thanks! =D

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Bo88gdan

@Stronger said:

Doomsday

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pokeysteve

@WillPayton: When did Hal beat the entire GL corps? I don't really read Green Lantern but am surprised I missed something like that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Saren

@Pokeysteve: In Emerald Twilight, right before he became Parallax. Although it should be mentioned he fought them one by one with intervals in between and collected their rings to increase his power along the way.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pokeysteve

@CitizenBane said:

@Pokeysteve: In Emerald Twilight, right before he became Parallax. Although it should be mentioned he fought them one by one with intervals in between and collected their rings to increase his power along the way.

Sounds like quite the story. And one by one kind of destroys the point Will was going for.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Saren

@Pokeysteve: Yeah, he didn't take on all the other 3599 GL's at once or anything like that. He fought some of them in groups of 3 or 4, but most of them were out of their league to begin with. Especially once he started collecting more rings to amp himself. Add to that the fact that they didn't want to hurt him and preferred that he surrender peacefully, while he had nothing left to lose at that point and wasn't holding back.

rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rico_3088

Doomsday he killed a guardian he can kill to lanterns no matter how skilled they have no way to k.o. Him

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lanterns take this IMO!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By TDK_1997

I can see this as a win for the Lanterns.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Killemall

@Pokeysteve said:

@WillPayton: When did Hal beat the entire GL corps? I don't really read Green Lantern but am surprised I missed something like that.

Hasnt really happened yet, closest is like CitizenBane said during Emerald Twilight. Apart from what Bane explained earlier (Which of course is awesome) it has been retrospectively added to his continuity that he was under the influence of Parallax the whole time, and Parallax being an entity that normally amps up your stats the issue is pretty clear. Also before he starts on his quest to OA, he actually absorbs an astral projection of Ganthet, and himself claim that would given him extra powers, not sure if that was an amp. The only time he faced a reputed GL , with feats under his belt was right before he reached OA and the GL was Kilowog, problem being he had 10 rings on his hand, and Kilowog wanted to bring him in, Hal wanted to kill anything that stopped him. Then next one he fought and beat, was Sinestro, which was in OA, which while cool was always within Hal power. After than he merges with Parallax which is completely different.

Hal best feat would be problem one we saw during Green Lantern : War of the light (more specifically Green Lantern vol 4, issue 67), where he beat and killed Krona, who has been stated to be the most powerful Guardian, and Krona at that times was amped up because he was controlling every emotional entity of Green Lantern.

Also i think Kyle is being a little under-rated. He has on panel destroyed a planet (well along with John Stewart who recently killed and destroyed Mogo), which should give him enough firepower to take down Doomsday, specially DOS version. He has fought a weakened Parallax twice , one during Zero Hour (before Parallax got the real amp, left over energies from COIE). And lastly, and this is not something you stated, its hard to assume Doomsday will actually evolve to being immune to GL powers, Doomsday has dont that during Doomsday Annual, but it wasnt DOS Doomsday but rather Doomsday Hunter/ Prey. In fact, i do not remember DOS Doomsday actually having power to evolve to anything during Death of Superman arc, its a power given to him after his resurrection.

I think the lantern have a good change, as long as they keep their distance (Doomsday while faster cant fly) and not engage in a meele (Doomsday is obviously much much stronger).

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Sovereign91001

Doomsday: He beat the Radiant; a being of pure energy before he faced Superman in DOS. The battle laid waste to an entire planet iirc. Anyway Doomsday would've retained his energy resistance from that battle.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Bruxae

Doomsday.

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ComocYahweh

Enough DD battles, he can't lose to anyone, he'll just adapt and respawn.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By willpayton

@Pokeysteve said:

@CitizenBane said:

Sounds like quite the story. And one by one kind of destroys the point Will was going for.

I wasnt trying to say Hal is powerful enough to destroy all the GL corps all at once, that'd be ridiculous. I only wanted to point out that he took out the whole GL corps while bloodlusted, which is exactly what he did.

Yes, on many fights he was amped because he'd collected rings. But he fought and killed Sinestro with 1 ring.

So, the point was, bloodlusted Hal can wreck even the most powerful lanterns like Sinestro. In the fight against Doomsday (DoS), no one was bloodlusted, except Superman right at the end.

Avatar image for wolverinethesoldier
wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday but not without a fight from hal and kyle

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Killemall

@Sovereign91001 said:

Doomsday: He beat the Radiant; a being of pure energy before he faced Superman in DOS. The battle laid waste to an entire planet iirc. Anyway Doomsday would've retained his energy resistance from that battle.

Wasnt that in Doomsday Annual? Thats after DOS Doomsday.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MonsterStomp

The lanterns win. Barely though.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mysoulz

@Killemall said:

@Pokeysteve said:

Hasnt really happened yet, closest is like CitizenBane said during Emerald Twilight. Apart from what Bane explained earlier (Which of course is awesome) it has been retrospectively added to his continuity that he was under the influence of Parallax the whole time, and Parallax being an entity that normally amps up your stats the issue is pretty clear. Also before he starts on his quest to OA, he actually absorbs an astral projection of Ganthet, and himself claim that would given him extra powers, not sure if that was an amp. The only time he faced a reputed GL , with feats under his belt was right before he reached OA and the GL was Kilowog, problem being he had 10 rings on his hand, and Kilowog wanted to bring him in, Hal wanted to kill anything that stopped him. Then next one he fought and beat, was Sinestro, which was in OA, which while cool was always within Hal power. After than he merges with Parallax which is completely different.

Hal best feat would be problem one we saw during Green Lantern : War of the light (more specifically Green Lantern vol 4, issue 67), where he beat and killed Krona, who has been stated to be the most powerful Guardian, and Krona at that times was amped up because he was controlling every emotional entity of Green Lantern.

Also i think Kyle is being a little under-rated. He has on panel destroyed a planet (well along with John Stewart who recently killed and destroyed Mogo), which should give him enough firepower to take down Doomsday, specially DOS version. He has fought a weakened Parallax twice , one during Zero Hour (before Parallax got the real amp, left over energies from COIE). And lastly, and this is not something you stated, its hard to assume Doomsday will actually evolve to being immune to GL powers, Doomsday has dont that during Doomsday Annual, but it wasnt DOS Doomsday but rather Doomsday Hunter/ Prey. In fact, i do not remember DOS Doomsday actually having power to evolve to anything during Death of Superman arc, its a power given to him after his resurrection.

I think the lantern have a good change, as long as they keep their distance (Doomsday while faster cant fly) and not engage in a meele (Doomsday is obviously much much stronger).

Since when was Parallax was an amping entity during Emerald Twilight? He never was. Parallax was just an influence to Hal, released Parallax from the central power battery, and consumed all of the power within the CPB. When he absorbed Ganthet's energy projection, he needed to consume some energy in his ring, due to his ring being out of juice. He wasn't amped on that instance. So then he took on corps members that's not near his willpower and ring expertise, (which CitizenBane mentioned earlier) some that were rookies, since he was the one that's responsible for recruiting some of them in the GL corps, which he defeated, some with multiple rings.

I disagree with that instance about Krona. That fight with Krona is just CIS. And he wouldn't beat Krona in a straight fight.

But I agree with you, regarding their best chance is keeping their distance away from DD, since he's very agile in combat.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Killemall: Hunter/Prey issue 3 iirc. Chronologically it happened before Doomsday was sent to Earth.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Killemall

@mysoulz said:

Since when was Parallax was an amping entity during Emerald Twilight? He never was. Parallax was just an influence to Hal, released Parallax from the central power battery, and consumed all of the power within the CPB.

It was hinted upon on Green Lantern Rebirth, then parallax rebirth and later added to bio. While the move seem to be so that they could effectively bring in Hal Jordan as a hero despite having killed multiple lantern. The Retcon was Green Lantern submit to his fear and thereby was being partially controlled by Parallax entity right from the get go.

When he absorbed Ganthet's energy projection, he needed to consume some energy in his ring, due to his ring being out of juice. He wasn't amped on that instance.

Rather than his ring being completely out of juice, he asked Guardians to give him extra energy to resurrect Coast City, when they disagreed he absorbed the projection, which might hint he was a little boosted. But that is questionable.

So then he took on corps members that's not near his willpower and ring expertise, (which CitizenBane mentioned earlier) some that were rookies, since he was the one that's responsible for recruiting some of them in the GL corps, which he defeated, some with multiple rings.

I disagree with that instance about Krona. That fight with Krona is just CIS. And he wouldn't beat Krona in a straight fight.

But I agree with you, regarding their best chance is keeping their distance away from DD, since he's very agile in combat.

The rest never disagreed. I myself said he only fight 2 GLs with any sort of credible feats i.e. Kilowog and Sinestro, one at a time.

Krona instance i am hesistant to call it PIS, after Krona's retcon as a dwarf guardian as opposed to his earlier self he himself doesnt have feat. That added, the personally dont like the whole CIS idea anyways.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pokeysteve

@Killemall: Your post was filled with lots of great GL information so thank you. I thought I remembered something about Parallax influencing all that but wasn't sure enough to say anything. @Sovereign91001: Had a great point about Radiant, which I completely forgot about. Would Green Lantern energy really be the same as Radiant energy? I agree with Killem though about Kyle. If he destroyed a planet on panel than he has what it takes to kill Doomsday. This isn't as one sided as i originally thought. I'm still slightly backing Doomsday though.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Pokeysteve: Probably not the same but I think it shows at least a general resistance to energy based attacks. But as you said if Kyle can bust a planet, he can probably bust Doomsday.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mysoulz

@Killemall said:

@mysoulz said:

Since when was Parallax was an amping entity during Emerald Twilight? He never was. Parallax was just an influence to Hal, released Parallax from the central power battery, and consumed all of the power within the CPB.

It was hinted upon on Green Lantern Rebirth, then parallax rebirth and later added to bio. While the move seem to be so that they could effectively bring in Hal Jordan as a hero despite having killed multiple lantern. The Retcon was Green Lantern submit to his fear and thereby was being partially controlled by Parallax entity right from the get go.

When he absorbed Ganthet's energy projection, he needed to consume some energy in his ring, due to his ring being out of juice. He wasn't amped on that instance.

Rather than his ring being completely out of juice, he asked Guardians to give him extra energy to resurrect Coast City, when they disagreed he absorbed the projection, which might hint he was a little boosted. But that is questionable.

So then he took on corps members that's not near his willpower and ring expertise, (which CitizenBane mentioned earlier) some that were rookies, since he was the one that's responsible for recruiting some of them in the GL corps, which he defeated, some with multiple rings.

The rest never disagreed. I myself said he only fight 2 GLs with any sort of credible feats i.e. Kilowog and Sinestro, one at a time.

Krona instance i am hesistant to call it PIS, after Krona's retcon as a dwarf guardian as opposed to his earlier self he himself doesnt have feat. That added, the personally dont like the whole CIS idea anyways.

Well during rebirth, it stated Hal Jordan released Parallax from the CPB and being under the influence during ET on the retcon. I never disagreed with this. Sorry if that was unclear.

When he consumed the energy, he didn't seem to have a power boost taking on GL members that's comparible what GL's do on regular basis. It's debatable, but we can agree to disagree here.

Krona wasn't motivated to kill Hal, just to replace the guardians and make him a guardian. And considering the fact that he's able to control multiple entities once. With his controlling of ION alone is able to deplete Hal's power levels and control his willpower, which he incapacitated him earlier. And during that fight, he didn't use any amping entities against Hal, just different colored rings from the emotional spectrum.