Doomsday vs Darkseid

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 65

DD, though I doubt he could defeat Yuga, Darkseids father.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@goldking said:

@ziro said:

@Klandicar said:

"@GhostPool said:

" @Klandicar said:

"

No Caption Provided

"
"
Yeah, this fight already happened. Doomsday HUMILIATED Darkseid. It was like a toddler (Darkseid) throwing a can of soda at a heavyweight wrestler. May have got the wrestler sticky but the wrestler (Doomsday) went into roid rage and ended up on headline news for brutality against children.... "

For the 1,000th time, it was an avatar. If you're going to troll at least try, you've just become downright routine.

Prove it.

And H/P Doomsday kills him.

As far as I've read, from Jurgens himself in an interview, he's always intended it to be Darkseid, THE Darkseid. Now, if DC have said something or changed something in some story somewhere down the track? Can anyone provide any scans saying that Darkseid in H/P was an avatar? Because, that also takes away from the story, considering Superman had to use motherbox to save DS's life, which would be irrelevant if it was an avatar?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't Darkseid just use his OB to BFR him through time, to perhaps the end of time, like Wave Rider?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I honestly see Darkseid killing DD a bunch of times until Doomsday, eventually comes back even more powerful and Darkseid just sends him to Earth to wreck sht.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

uxas

Yuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the fight take place near a flight of stairs or any sort of elevation?

Would there be any chance that a couple of thugs would interfere?

Dieselh11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normally most people the first time around who face Doomsday ends up winning. The real problem is Doomsday keeps coming back immune to what killed him and that's when he is impossible to beat. Even if its Darksied who is nearly a god and has strength that can hurt Superman it wont be enough. Doomsday defeated him before.

Mr_Existence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eternal stalemate

stl9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in a straight up brawl, DD, with intelligence and prep Darkseid takes this with ease.

MichaelLiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stl9997 said:

in a straight up brawl, DD, with intelligence and prep Darkseid takes this with ease.

True. But even then DD would eventually evolve and adapt to pretty much anything Darkseid throws at him.

stl9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelliu: But this is 1 fight. Not 10. Doomsday shoudln't get to evolve unless specifically stated soo, and though I'm not a huge DC fan outside of Jonah Hex, I'm fairly sure as DD evolved he gained intelligence, which actually made him weaker

BadassGrimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BadassGrimlock

No scans for that being Darkseids "avatar"? :/ must've been lying then. With no proof of that being a fact then I must say Doomsday owns.

Avatar image for johndanielmclemore
JohnDanielMcLemore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday all day everyday!!!! He literally did it in the comics.

slaxerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunk said:

Does the fight take place near a flight of stairs or any sort of elevation?

Would there be any chance that a couple of thugs would interfere?

lolz

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@goldking said:
@ziro said:

@Klandicar said:

"@GhostPool said:

" @Klandicar said:

"

No Caption Provided
"
"
Yeah, this fight already happened. Doomsday HUMILIATED Darkseid. It was like a toddler (Darkseid) throwing a can of soda at a heavyweight wrestler. May have got the wrestler sticky but the wrestler (Doomsday) went into roid rage and ended up on headline news for brutality against children.... "

For the 1,000th time, it was an avatar. If you're going to troll at least try, you've just become downright routine.

Prove it.

As far as I've read, from Jurgens himself in an interview, he's always intended it to be Darkseid, THE Darkseid. Now, if DC have said something or changed something in some story somewhere down the track? Can anyone provide any scans saying that Darkseid in H/P was an avatar? Because, that also takes away from the story, considering Superman had to use motherbox to save DS's life, which would be irrelevant if it was an avatar?

That was definitely not an avatar from what I read. It wouldn't make any sense to be an avatar because he used the full omega effect and also needed treatment to survive when DD one shot him. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden said:
@goldking said:
@ziro said:

@Klandicar said:

"@GhostPool said:

" @Klandicar said:

"

No Caption Provided
"
"

Prove it.

That was definitely not an avatar from what I read. It wouldn't make any sense to be an avatar because he used the full omega effect and also needed treatment to survive when DD one shot him. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

I don't think there's anywhere concrete written in comic book form or otherwise that it was an avatar? In fact, I remember Jurgens (who wrote Hunter/Prey) specifically saying that it was DS, not an avatar.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By lordraiden

http://www.comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

RC: And now we come to another "god issue" that sometimes angers people: Darkseid, Doomsday and Superman in Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey. Darkseid really seemed to get bludgeoned by Doomsday, like he had no chance against Doomsday. In the Doomsday: Year One annual, however, it seemed like Darkseid would have had somewhat of an equality with Doomsday. Was it your intention to show Doomsday as, like, orders above Darkseid in Hunter/Prey?

DAN JURGENS: It’s funny, but somebody emailed me about this not too long ago.

RC: I saw that email on the Web.

DAN JURGENS: The idea that we were trying to portray is the natural immunity that Doomsday would develop toward whoever he was fighting. In such case, it becomes very hard for Darkseid to defeat him.

My answer to that question in general is that . . . you take Doomsday, you take Darkseid, you put them in a pit and have them fight it out to death. If you do that ten times, you’re looking at a five-five or six-four split.

Superman/Doomsay: Hunter/Prey
Superman/Doomsay: Hunter/Prey

RC: Some people got the impression from Hunter/Prey that Darkseid could never win against Doomsday.

DAN JURGENS: I think that on that one given time [in Hunter/Prey] . . . yes, but I also think that Darkseid is a smart guy. (Laughs).

RC: What if you threw Darkseid in that pit with no preparation or anything like that?

DAN JURGENS: Because of brute power and the natural immunity that Doomsday genetically develops, Doomsday has the advantage. But my theory is that the next time they fight, Darkseid knows that he’s been defeated and takes countermeasures.

RC: So, in your opinion, if Darkseid fought Doomsday without employing technology and strategy, Doomsday would win every time?

DAN JURGENS: Yes.Right.

RC: Now, regarding Superman in Hunter/Prey, how do you account for Superman’s abysmal performance against Doomsday?

DAN JURGENS: I always said that when it came down to a knock-down, drag-out, kick-ass fight, that Superman was always limited by his upbringing. In other words, if you take Superman and his upbringing, his moral code-the "governors" that put him in place to make him the decent human being that he is-and you take someone else who is raised, let’s say on Apokolips, and they are one nasty, mean-ass sonuva . . . even if they only have 95 percent of Superman’s power, they have the advantage in a drag-out fight to the death.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Which begs the question: What class would we put either character? Because this battle is pretty decided for the most part

Darkseid is meant to be a Skyfather type character but he's been beaten by below Herald tiers

And Doomsday is just a flat out brute but it's in the realm of possibility he ascends superman level with his abilities

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which begs the question: What class would we put either character? Because this battle is pretty decided for the most part

Darkseid is meant to be a Skyfather type character but he's been beaten by below Herald tiers

And Doomsday is just a flat out brute but it's in the realm of possibility he ascends superman level with his abilities

I think the intent with Darkseid is that he's basically at around Superman's level physically, but it's his intelligence, lack of morals, and drive that make him much more formidable. That's basically what Jurgens was saying above. Doomsday would beat Darkseid once, but the next time Darkseid would be ready. On the other hand with Superman, even thought Darkseid is about his equal, he will tend to win (even without prep) because he's not holding back and Superman always is.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fact is, Doomsday beat him pretty badly.

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fact is, Doomsday beat him pretty badly.

I can't figure out how Doomsday beat half the people he's beaten. Is he immune to being tossed into outer space or something? Does he hypnotize people into fighting him HtH?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_clown: I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just being factual. The Omega Effect isn't even thermal.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets be honest if it wasn't for plot Darkseid would win... Even relying on physicals only Darkseid should be able to beat/bfr most versions of Doomsday. Even you consider Darkseid at his absolute lowest point he is still enough to knock around Superman and beat him most of the time which should be enough to put DD down... ( Just my opinion tho)

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or it could be that Doomsday in H/P was meant to be on another level than Darkseid or Superman as stated by Jurgens in the TPB intro. After all, Darkseid destroyed the missiles that Superman couldn't.

And most characters have low showings. Having fraggin' DOOMSDAY as a LOW showing speaks volumes about Darkseid, now doesn't it? I mean Hulk lost to Spider-Man and Batman fought Lobo to a standstill.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean Hulk lost to Spider-Man and Batman fought Lobo to a standstill.

When did these happen?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I don't know the issue number for when Parker KO'd Hulk with a truck (or the one where he and Cap plain beat him down), but the Batman vs. Lobo (pre-Flashpoint no less) was Deadly Serious issue one.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I don't know the issue number for when Parker KO'd Hulk with a truck (or the one where he and Cap plain beat him down), but the Batman vs. Lobo (pre-Flashpoint no less) was Deadly Serious issue one.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

No scans for that being Darkseids "avatar"? :/ must've been lying then. With no proof of that being a fact then I must say Doomsday owns.

Hehe the story was written by Dan Jurgens who confirmed it was the real Darkseid in the story.

No Caption Provided

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid. Doomsday owned an avatar. Not the real thing. The real one would completely own Doomsday.

@ziro said:

@Klandicar said:

"@GhostPool said:

I've heard a lot of people claim the Darkseid that was absolutely OWNED by Doomsday was just an avatar.... BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY PROOF.

Please show scans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998 said:
@badassgrimlock said:

Hehe the story was written by Dan Jurgens who confirmed it was the real Darkseid in the story.

No Caption Provided

That's Dan's own ignorance for failing to account for Superman being weaker than Darkseid, and the fact that at the time Orion killed Darkseid in a plot to overthrow Yuga Khan years prior in the continuity (i.e. he has no hindsight). It wasn't until about a year after H/P was released that Darkseid was finally revived in the canon. Could it take place at a later or earlier time? Yes, but when and why? How does that account for the inconsistency of Darkseid being weaker than Superman and failing to use all of his powers? The most reasonable solution is to place the H/P events during Darkseid's death.

I had my chronology mixed up. Regardless, Byrne retconned it as an avatar. Morrison too.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

That's Dan's own ignorance for failing to account for the fact that Orion killed Darkseid in a plot to overthrow Yuga Khan years prior. It wasn't until about a year after H/P was released that Darkseid was finally revived. So either H/P isn't canon or it's not really Darkseid.

That I do not know. But when the writer writing the story says its not a clone, I think I am more inclined to believe him. After all writer has full authority on what to write.

Such because a story does not fall perfectly within the time line does not preclude it from being a part of the continuity. There is no argument on H/P being a part of the continuity because it was been referred back in the very next story arc just as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998:

"That I do not know. But when the writer writing the story says its not a clone, I think I am more inclined to believe him. After all writer has full authority on what to write."

Sentry was written to be as strong as Superman and have the power of a billion exploding stars or something, but that obviously isn't the case. Dan also wrote Superman to be stronger than Darkseid, despite the overwhelming amount of evidence in post-crisis stories that show Darkseid as being far above Superman.

"Such because a story does not fall perfectly within the time line does not preclude it from being a part of the continuity. There is no argument on H/P being a part of the continuity because it was been referred back in the very next story arc just as well."

Darkseid is demonstrably on a higher level than Superman, but has a few low showings through inconsistent writing, such as with H/P. What we have is tons of conflicting evidence. W

ComicExplor3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is simple yet complex..Darkseid is only matched by the likes of Superman and Orion which are god characters. Doomsday is physical only no brains all brute. Darkseid has both intelligence and strength which makes him far more deadly.

Just straight facts.

BadassGrimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The avatar theory stems from New gods #15, in which a Darkseid avatar is shown. This story was after H/P and many like to believe it is a retcon. (I personally don't think it is a retcon, but that's where people get the argument) For more details, I'll upload a picture to my profile. Sorry I can't post directly on my iPad.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Apologies for low quality. Also, it's weird how in Apokolips Now, Darkseid mentions that he has never lost, and Superman doesn't comment about that. Even in the solicit they hyped the book as if Darkseid vs. Superman was unprecedented.

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid. The only thing Doomsday matches him in is in strength & speed. Darkseid has so many other powers and could just send Doomsday til the time when he was just a baby.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@taquie said:

Darkseid. The only thing Doomsday matches him in is in strength & speed.Darkseid has so many other powers and could just send Doomsday til the time when he was just a baby.

Shame he didn't do that in Hunter/Prey

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The answer is simple yet complex..Darkseid is only matched by the likes of Superman and Orion which are god characters. Doomsday is physical only no brains all brute. Darkseid has both intelligence and strength which makes him far more deadly.

Just straight facts.

All those straight facts didn't help DS get pummelled to death in Hunter/Prey, which he would have had Superman not healed him with a motherbox.

coolerdbz50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos_agent: i thought darkseid was a god, and i hear a lot of people say darkseid could hand superman his ass.

Goldchamp101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

coolerdbz50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldchamp101: oh yeah i know i think doomsday killed him, i'm not a DC fan so i'm not too sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday, unless BFR count's as a shameless win.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD for the win 7/10

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Darkseid

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday cause Darkseid is gonna keep killing him until he becomes immune to everything and then wreck the hell out of him.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD 6/10

thegirlcow_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers