Doomsday verses Thanos

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Timandm
@SC: I think that was just people venting or ignoring the OP, or actively changing the rules of the OP, or the scenario. 

That's what I thought at first.  But even when it was pointed out that Rogue herself wouldn't enter the battle (only her duplicates)  and I even put up the scans showing how Darwin overcomes death... They were adamant that Doomsday would still kill Rogue even though she would never actually be touched by Doomsday....

So, there must be SOMETHING to Doomsday that enables  him to kill people he can't even touch...  Especially when they can't be killed....  I'd like to find out what that something is....   If it were just one or two or even three people, I could see them just being big time fan boys....   But seems to be a lot of people.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Timandm
@JediXMan said:
@Timandm

Been done before.
I'm surprised that was only one page long!  LOL!
grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By grimlock

I'm not sure how this fight turns out. Thanos modus operandi is not normally a brawl he held his own against the champion with the power gem but occasionally used his shields i don't know if that's allowed in this fight on the other hand Doomsday is a certified brawler. however, Thanos was able to withstand Odin's attacks with no weapons or shields but doomsday has this habit of beating anyone anytime to the surprise of the comic world.Thanos has a godlike intellect (doomsday has nothing to counter that) my conclusion is Thanos can use his brains even in a brawl and pull an interesting win but he will win on unanimous points not a KO.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Timandm
@SC said:
@god_spawn said:
@SC: Well whatever you wanna call it, he said you kill you him he stays dead, I said wrong, maybe I should've said depends instead But varies on the way he dies. I only mentioned the main conventional ways (forgot Carbonadium probably could too and overtaxing his HF)  to truly dispose of him outside of fancier abilities and situations.
 Oh its okay, I know, I mean, I can assume, I was more questioning your use of the words, the "only" and "truly" when as your point out now, which is more accurate its more conventional. Which introduces quite a degree of subjectivity.   To likewise assume with other posters comments, well you kill him, he does stay dead, if you use a harder form definition of kill. As opposed to a soft form of the word kill.   "Dude, you just shot Wolverine in the head, you killed him"   Person 1. Yep, you killed him with that shot. Woah wait... he just got back up, wow.  Person 2. Woah, he looks dead... if he was a normal person he definitely would be, I am not sure you killed him though... oh wait, yep see, he healed and is back up.   Neither person above necessarily made false observations, even though there is a disparity with comments.   Poster would be more of a type 2 type person. So its natural they could disagree with a poster 1 type person.  Except in...   "Wow, Living Tribunal actually floated down, and squeezed Wolverines body into one 1 inch square box and then put ten neutron stars inside... he's definitely dead, he really got killed just then"   Person 1. Woah... yeah.. he got killed.  Person 2, I believe he did just get killed. Seriously, if he survives that, I call PIS on this mutha.  Person 1. Agreed. 
What we need is some sort of 'dead meter.'   -  Or a clear definition of death.   I think dead means, " The body has stopped functioning and the spirit has departed."   Btu I suppose people could still debate as to what it means by "The body has stopped functioning."

I do recall reading an issue of Deadpool in which he said that if his head is separated from his body for more than 11 minutes, he dies permanently... Of course, that was before Thanos cursed him so that he can't die.
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#105  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Timandm said:
But seems to be a lot of people.

A lot of people abide by Argument from ignorance, because its easy and people want answers and for some reason people don't like that there opinion, might just be an opinion, so stating it as an opinion just feels better... maybe?  

Such an argument does make some basic sense though. Iron Man has never lifted a billion tons right? Its also quite a stretch, to assume he might be able to, just because it has not been proven that he can't. Right? Except the best way to prove that Iron Man can't lift a billion tons, is to see him try and fail, more than once, ideally a lot of times, in different circumstance. Of course a billion tons is just sitting around randomly. Plus usually the things heroes lift are vague in weight and usually the story requires them actually succeeding and not failing. We can conclude though though a lot of consistent and well though out ways that Iron Man can not lift a billion tons, but none of the good reasons is because "he never has before" and so I don't think there are many if any Doomsday fanboys, just people applying flawed but extremely common arguments.  

Best thing I think, is to smile a lot and ask a lot of questions of them, so its more about clarifying a persons stance or opinion, rather than trying to prove who is "right or wrong" *smile*
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Timandm
@grimlock said:
I'm not sure how this fight turns out. Thanos modus operandi is not normally a brawl he held his own against the champion with the power gem but occasionally used his shields i don't know if that's allowed in this fight on the other hand Doomsday is a certified brawler. however, Thanos was able to withstand Odin's attacks with no weapons or shields but doomsday has this habit of beating anyone anytime to the surprise of the comic world.Thanos has a godlike intellect (doomsday has nothing to counter that) my conclusion is Thanos can use his brains even in a brawl and pull an interesting win but he will win on unanimous points not a KO.
But to win he has to actually kill Doomsday.  Do you think he can?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#107  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Timandm

Most likely. Doomsday is immune to thatwhich has killed him before (though I've heard current DD is different). Thanos wields Cosmic energy, which Doomsday shouldn't be immune to.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#108  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@SC: It's 2 am, I'm hardly paying attention anymore to what I say, I'm surprised I have coherent thoughts right now. Atleast you got what I mean't after I explained it a bit more. It's obvious he can heal from having his heart blown out, he died and came back. He can have organs removed and they grow back, he died and came back. He was dunked in acid, he died and came back. He had his throat ripped out and was thrown in a river, an hour later he climbed aboard on a ship, to me he died and he came back, it shows he can't be drowned to permanent death. He jumped out of a shield helicarrier and due to a collar on his neck, it was implied he died but came back.  He's done all these things where he doesn't have vital organs and he heals. Technically I see these as mini deaths but deaths nonetheless completel.  Don't get me wrong Wolverine has some of the most impressive damage soak in comics for his level of a character (tanking bricks like a beast), but he has died before plenty of times. To get the permanent death inside the specifics that make things fair on his level of a character namely street levelers or so, a person would need to somehow destroy hiys brain, decapitate him, muramasa blade, carbonadium inside his system, overtax his HF. Outside of specifics of course he is not going to survive a fight with Odin or Galactus, transmutation, molecular manipulation, reality warping etc. 

Clear things up enough for everyone?
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By SC  Moderator
@Timandm said:
One of the things I love about engineering and science is that we define things.  We define the system; the spatial boundaries, the temporal boundaries, the quantities of energy....  We give things a mathematical definition so there's no dispute as to what a thing actually is...  We need a clear, quantified, definition of death for such discussions...  Although, that would attract engineers, and then the debates would NEVER end....  Debating an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after about an hour you begin to realize the pig LIKES it.

Damn straight! Not that I am engineer, lol i can just understand that mindset LOL, but yeah, I try to stay out of the VS threads, because I apply way to much critical thinking and scientific method.. but at least I stumbled upon someone else who can understand what I am talking about lol *smile*
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#110  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@SC said:

Damn straight! Not that I am engineer,

I picture you more as a Philosophy kinda guy.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Timandm
@JediXMan said:
@Timandm:   Most likely. Doomsday is immune to thatwhich has killed him before (though I've heard current DD is different). Thanos wields Cosmic energy, which Doomsday shouldn't be immune to.
That makes sense.  From what little I saw, he evolves to over come whatever killed or defeated him before.
Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Timandm
@SC said:
@Timandm said:
One of the things I love about engineering and science is that we define things.  We define the system; the spatial boundaries, the temporal boundaries, the quantities of energy....  We give things a mathematical definition so there's no dispute as to what a thing actually is...  We need a clear, quantified, definition of death for such discussions...  Although, that would attract engineers, and then the debates would NEVER end....  Debating an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after about an hour you begin to realize the pig LIKES it.
 Damn straight! Not that I am engineer, lol i can just understand that mindset LOL, but yeah, I try to stay out of the VS threads, because I apply way to much critical thinking and scientific method.. but at least I stumbled upon someone else who can understand what I am talking about lol *smile*
Well, I'm sort of a scientist and engineer... LOL!  It's actually what I prefer...
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By SC  Moderator
@god_spawn:  Oh its okay, I got what you meant the first time, I just thought your attempt of correction wasn't necessary in the same sense that even though, I could find a flaw with your use of words your main point i could understand (in the same way I understood the person you were attempting to correct for a similar semantics type deal. Like many of the things you mention, one can't assume that because it happens once, it will always work that way. If I get shot twice, but survive? It doesn't mean I will always survive getting shot at. Wolverines physiology is more extreme than mine, but Wolverine drowned for 2 hours is different from 2 years is different to him being drowned for 20 years. So its flawed thinking to apply such a generalized stance in this specific area, as one could with many areas. Now, where you see mini deaths but deaths nonetheless? Do you mean legal death? Brain dead? Biological death?  

The definition of death a while back, was when people stopped breathing. This was when people did not know how to perform CPR and other medical advances. Now the definition of death is different, and a person needs to have stopped breathing for a certain period of time. So basically what I am saying is that trying to apply the word death, in comics, with comic writers, when stuff like Wolverines biology/physiology is ill defined on purpose, and inconsistent when real life people? You know, doctors and scientists and so on, have trouble defining the word death? Can't be too precious. its cool if you personally buy that he has died a couple of times (and you wouldn't be wrong), but the reality is, a person can quite easily argue that he hasn't actually died yet, except in cases perhaps where aided by other characters(if they wanted). (at least under one more defined definition of death as in placing emphasis and importance in the permanent part (because even the characters within the narrative are flawed by their own inherent nature and comic writers don't get to circumvent what isn't even defined in more objective and consistent measures.