No Caption Provided

Round 5: Thanos:

No Caption Provided

Finale: Blood-Lusted All-Star Superman (1 Week Sun-Dip):

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Doomsday:

• H/P Doomsday.
  • Fully rested and healed between rounds.
  • If Doomsday dies or gets KO'd, he cannot come back.
  • Morals Off, Bloodlusted.
  • Win by Death, or KO.

Gauntlet Members:

• No BFR.
  • No Prep.
  • General Knowledge of Doomsday.
  • Win by Death, or KO.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

hed have a better chance making it through rounds 2-6 than GR

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jwwprod

Stops at Void.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd say clear, this is the Doomsday that beat the shit out of DS, the one that put Superman in a coma before several power ups, he's completely immune to energy based attacks after fighting the Radiant and physically he's stronger than everybody here besides Juggernaut cuz magic but Juggernaut wouldn't even be able to hurt him ever and eventually Doomsday would evolve some shit to beat Juggernaut.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would Doomsday react to the Penance Stare?

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He stops at 3, Void should be able to keep him down. It would be difficult because DD is adaptable but I'm sure he could do it.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Stalemates GR

Stalemates Void

Wrecks Thor

Stalemates Jugg

Beats Superman

Beats Thanos

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would Doomsday react to the Penance Stare?

I doubt it. I'm sure he has a soul but DD is a mindless brute who adapts to obstacles, he doesn't have a concept of good or evil or the things he as done, he just fights......

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pope052

@pokeysteve:

How does he stalemate Ghost Rider, yet beat Thanos?

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SheenLantern

1. Lose

2. Win

3. Lose

4. Unfamiliar with 8th Day Juggs, but since regular Juggs and H/P DD are both immune to physical harm, probably a stalemate.

5. Win

6. Well, since All-Star Superman was dying due to over exposure to yellow sunlight, he'd likely not survive a week inside the sun.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jwwprod

Though I think this Gauntlet is a little tiny bit misplaced.

solon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1-Lose

2-Win

3-Lose

4-Stalemate

5- Too close

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ends at 4 but thanos is the only one that can kill him.

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

Though I think this Gauntlet is a little tiny bit misplaced.

Agreed. CIN.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By darkseid1006

@pope052: They think the penance stare thing would work but I remember HP DOOMSDAY adapting pretty much instantly e.g. He developed a immunity to the omega beams plus effect so I think half way through it would just stop working and he'd kick the sh** outa him

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAZAHS117

He wouldn't get past round one. He'd either lose or at best stalemate

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By GhostRavage

I'd say clear, this is the Doomsday that beat the shit out of DS, the one that put Superman in a coma before several power ups, he's completely immune to energy based attacks after fighting the Radiant and physically he's stronger than everybody here besides Juggernaut cuz magic but Juggernaut wouldn't even be able to hurt him ever and eventually Doomsday would evolve some shit to beat Juggernaut.

Hahahahahahaha! No.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@themagicstik said:

Hahahahahahaha! No.

What are you talking about? He owned Darkseid in a H2H like he was nothing. And tanked the Omega Effect. Without PIS or poor writing, Darkseid can own Superman fairly handily. But you could be contesting the fact that DD only beat Darkseid after dying at the hands of Superman, at which point I agree with you.

On topic, I think DD could only really beat Superman, Thor and maybe Void or Ghost Rider. Probably can't manage any of the others.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GhostRavage

@lvenger said:

@ghostravage said:

@themagicstik said:

Hahahahahahaha! No.

What are you talking about? He owned Darkseid in a H2H like he was nothing. And tanked the Omega Effect. Without PIS or poor writing, Darkseid can own Superman fairly handily. But you could be contesting the fact that DD only beat Darkseid after dying at the hands of Superman, at which point I agree with you.

On topic, I think DD could only really beat Superman, Thor and maybe Void or Ghost Rider. Probably can't manage any of the others.

Um... Was this reply meant to be for me :o?

On topic, Doomsday does not clears. He has NO way to put Ghost Rider down as fas as i know, if Doomsday is able to hate, then he has a soul, then he is going to make explode the universe when GR Penance Stare him. He has NO way of putting Void down, and given the fact he humiliated Molecule Man in Dark Avengers... He's pretty much able to toy with Doomsday. He hasn't shown anything to suggest he can take on Thanos either, in the physical department which is Doomsday main thing, he has nothing on Thanos. Hell, the guy survived being sucked up inside a Black Hole whose extension was 2 lightyears... With minor scratches. Doomsday has never shown such force before.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By homicidalmaniac
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Fair enough, I don't know much about Ghost Rider but DD doesn't really have a soul to my knowledge. He just kills things because that's what he was genetically created to be, the ultimate killing machine. I don't think he has a real soul to my knowledge so the Penance Stare wouldn't work on him. But Blaze might have other ways of beating him. As for the Molecule Man instance, I have massive issues with that. Bendis made Molecule Man an absolute jobber in that instance to suit Sentry's PIS powers suddenly being retconned into molecule manipulation. I do not trust the instance of Sentry beating the guy who has far better molecul feats than him and who would actually own Sentry in a properly written fight.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pope052

@homicidalmaniac:

But what exactly is Ghost Rider meant to do to Doomsday without Penance Staring him?

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By homicidalmaniac
GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GhostRavage

@lvenger said:

@ghostravage: Fair enough, I don't know much about Ghost Rider but DD doesn't really have a soul to my knowledge. He just kills things because that's what he was genetically created to be, the ultimate killing machine. I don't think he has a real soul to my knowledge so the Penance Stare wouldn't work on him. But Blaze might have other ways of beating him.As for the Molecule Man instance, I have massive issues with that. Bendis made Molecule Man an absolute jobber in that instance to suit Sentry's PIS powers suddenly being retconned into molecule manipulation.I do not trust the instance of Sentry beating the guy who has far better molecul feats than him and who would actually own Sentry in a properly written fight.

He just kills things because that's what he was genetically created to be, the ultimate killing machine.

He must have a soul because he hates Superman... He proved it in Hunter/Prey when he was twisting MMH's arms asking exclusively for Superman. And as far as i know, he didn't have someone controlling him nor he had orders from any boss-like character in the story arc.

But Blaze might have other ways of beating him.

Even if Blaze doesn't manage to beat him, Zarathos takes over Ghost Rider consistently if Blaze fails. It's actually something of his character. And for characters that pretty much humiliate characters like Mephisto in hell, Doomsday seems like an ant.

As for the Molecule Man instance, I have massive issues with that. Bendis made Molecule Man an absolute jobber in that instance to suit Sentry's PIS powers suddenly being retconned into molecule manipulation.

I don't agree with this, rather than Molecule Man being depowered, i think Sentry got the boost he was meant to received years ago, after all, his character was meant to be uber powerful with pretty hax powers to begin with. Molecule Man wasn't a jobber since he only lost to Sentry in Dark Avengers IIRC. He still had molecular manipulation in extra and inter-dimensional scale. Not to mention, that's probably 1 of the most known shows of Void, we still have him breaking every single bone in Hulk's body without trying, we still have him humiliating entire roosters of X-men, Avengers, Defenders. You call it.

I do not trust the instance of Sentry beating the guy who has far better molecul feats than him and who would actually own Sentry in a properly written fight.

I sense some double standards here. So here you're basically saying that because Sentry beat someone who had WAY more and greater molecular manipulation feats, the instance should be considered PIS/Bad writing? Well, the same can be said about Doomsday. While Superman, MMH, Wonder Woman and pretty much every popular powerhouse DC posses has WAY and i mean WAY more and GREATER strength, durability, speed feats than Doomsday, still Doomsday is considered above them?

TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

failed thread, stops at 1.

if not, than stops surely at 3.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for dragonescarlata
dragonescarlata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dragonescarlata

@ghostravage said:

He must have a soul because he hates Superman... He proved it in Hunter/Prey when he was twisting MMH's arms asking exclusively for Superman. And as far as i know, he didn't have someone controlling him nor he had orders from any boss-like character in the story arc.

Nope, he doesn´t. Bertron, his creator, said that DD was "programed" to "feel" and "destroy" everything he feels like a threat, he called it "genetic memory" (IIRC); that's why he tracked Superman in DoS, but he doesn't hated him; in some twisted sense it was "self defense" or a "preventive strike" of sorts.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By Pokeysteve

@pope052 said:

@pokeysteve:

How does he stalemate Ghost Rider, yet beat Thanos?

Ghost Rider can only be hurt by divine/holy weaponry. Doomsday has neither.

Thanos has no specifics like that and is just enormously durable.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He just kills things because that's what he was genetically created to be, the ultimate killing machine.

Even if Blaze doesn't manage to beat him, Zarathos takes over Ghost Rider consistently if Blaze fails. It's actually something of his character. And for characters that pretty much humiliate characters like Mephisto in hell, Doomsday seems like an ant.

As I said, I'm not a huge expert on Ghost Rider so since you know more about him, I'll retract DD being able to beat Ghost Rider making this a bit of a failed gauntlet unless the order is reshuffled.

I don't agree with this, rather than Molecule Man being depowered, i think Sentry got the boost he was meant to received years ago, after all, his character was meant to be uber powerful with pretty hax powers to begin with. Molecule Man wasn't a jobber since he only lost to Sentry in Dark Avengers IIRC. He still had molecular manipulation in extra and inter-dimensional scale. Not to mention, that's probably 1 of the most known shows of Void, we still have him breaking every single bone in Hulk's body without trying, we still have him humiliating entire roosters of X-men, Avengers, Defenders. You call it.

That still pales in comparison to the Molecule Man disintegrating objects such as Mjolnir and Silver Surfer's board when Surfer is himself a powerful molecular manipulator, being respected by the most powerful beings in the cosmos including Eternity and in his regular form without any power ups, recreate an entire galaxy. He was the subject of horrible retcons by Bendis making him a jobbing Inhuman weakling who also retconned the Sentry's power level to be way more than it should be. I'll easily say Void is a teambuster but Molecule Man has battled gods and gained the respect of cosmic beings in his heyday. You call it on how a fight between these two should go down.

I sense some double standards here. So here you're basically saying that because Sentry beat someone who had WAY more and greater molecular manipulation feats, the instance should be considered PIS/Bad writing? Well, the same can be said about Doomsday. While Superman, MMH, Wonder Woman and pretty much every popular powerhouse DC posses has WAY and i mean WAY more and GREATER strength, durability, speed feats than Doomsday, still Doomsday is considered above them?

No double standards in my arguments I can assure you for the reasons stated above. As for DD, Superman commented in his first fight that DD was incredibly fast and had to use all his speed to keep up with him. He is kind of a walking PIS machine given his healing factor and adaptability so it only makes sense he should own the Justice League. And yes, DD is considered way above those characters because he showed the capability to do so based on him defeating Darkseid, slaughtering GLs and causing a Guardian to sacrifice himself to beat Doomsday. Oh and the fact it took over 20 Kryptonians to kill him in New Krypton. So yeah I'd imagine someone who needed 20 Superman level beings to kill him again makes him way above the members of the JLA.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't stalemate Doomsday you either have a way to beat him before he becomes invincible or you lose. In H/P Doomsday became completely immune to all physical and energy based attacks, and he was already immune to telepathy meaning the only way to stop Doomsday would be some extreme form of BFR aka send him to the end of time.

Round 1: Ghost Rider's Penance stare will not work on Doomsday, he does not have a soul, he's just a construct programmed to evolve and kill Superman at any cost. If Doomsday can't beat Ghost Rider to death with his fists then he's going to evolve something to beat him with like he did with the Radiant.

Round 2: Thor has nothing that's going to work on Doomsday, he'd be dead before he realized he needed to BFR him.

Round 3: Void is insanely strong but he's not the end all be all, he's never fought somebody as strong as H/P Doomsday, he doesn't have anything that's going to allow him to take down Doomsday, once again DD evolves past Void and wins.

Round 4: No matter how strong Juggernaut is, Doomsday is still going to be immune to his hits and eventually evolve something to kill Juggernaut or sap away his invincibility.

Round 5: Same thing.

Round 6: Same thing.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Auction_Sniper

How powerful is GR anyway? And how powerful is GR at his most fullest?

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't stalemate Doomsday you either have a way to beat him before he becomes invincible or you lose. In H/P Doomsday became completely immune to all physical and energy based attacks, and he was already immune to telepathy meaning the only way to stop Doomsday would be some extreme form of BFR aka send him to the end of time.

He sounds more broken than Flash *shudders*.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4, Doomsday has no way of putting down 8th Day Juggernaut, nor does he have any feats suggesting that he would be able to evolve a way of putting him down.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@ghostravage said:

As I said, I'm not a huge expert on Ghost Rider so since you know more about him, I'll retract DD being able to beat Ghost Rider making this a bit of a failed gauntlet unless the order is reshuffled.

@ghostravage said:

That still pales in comparison to the Molecule Man disintegrating objects such as Mjolnir and Silver Surfer's board when Surfer is himself a powerful molecular manipulator, being respected by the most powerful beings in the cosmos including Eternity and in his regular form without any power ups, recreate an entire galaxy. He was the subject of horrible retcons by Bendis making him a jobbing Inhuman weakling who also retconned the Sentry's power level to be way more than it should be. I'll easily say Void is a teambuster but Molecule Man has battled gods and gained the respect of cosmic beings in his heyday. You call it on how a fight between these two should go down.

@ghostravage said:

No double standards in my arguments I can assure you for the reasons stated above. As for DD, Superman commented in his first fight that DD was incredibly fast and had to use all his speed to keep up with him. He is kind of a walking PIS machine given his healing factor and adaptability so it only makes sense he should own the Justice League. And yes, DD is considered way above those characters because he showed the capability to do so based on him defeating Darkseid, slaughtering GLs and causing a Guardian to sacrifice himself to beat Doomsday. Oh and the fact it took over 20 Kryptonians to kill him in New Krypton. So yeah I'd imagine someone who needed 20 Superman level beings to kill him again makes him way above the members of the JLA.

Conceded and agreed. Putting someone who could beat pretty much everybody in the Gauntlet as the first foe seems awfully unpractical to me.

That still pales in comparison to the Molecule Man disintegrating objects such as Mjolnir and Silver Surfer's board when Surfer is himself a powerful molecular manipulator, being respected by the most powerful beings in the cosmos including Eternity and in his regular form without any power ups, recreate an entire galaxy.

Well, Void is consistently unbeatable everytime he comes out. Funny to say, but the whole "calming him down" suits Sentry a lot better than Hulk. Atleast Sentry's dark side is consistently beating everybody he's put against.

He was the subject of horrible retcons by Bendis making him a jobbing Inhuman weakling who also retconned the Sentry's power level to be way more than it should be.

Did Bendis really make Molecule Man a jobbing inhuman? Because IIRC, he was stomping everybody but Sentry, its not like he's Spectre-like type of jobber, he just lost to Sentry, who apparently has a greater power than Molecule Man himself by merging his 2 sides. I wouldn't say it was Sentry per se... In that matter i disagree with Killemall, i think it was clearly visible Void was being used to do such thing, which i wouldn't doubt so much because he's supposedly an Old Testament God, which could comparable to the walking "No limits Fallacy" Ghost Rider represents because its connected to Christian Religion and omnipotent beings such as... Well... God.

I'll easily say Void is a teambuster but Molecule Man has battled gods and gained the respect of cosmic beings in his heyday.

Void is a certificated team buster, however, we haven't really seen his limit while fighting roosters, and he actually beat them without trying and even mocking the people he fights. Then comes the Molecule Man instance where he does exactly what he has done several times before... Beat his foe and mock him.

As for DD, Superman commented in his first fight that DD was incredibly fast and had to use all his speed to keep up with him.

Im really sorry mate, but one of the things i think are awfully unreliable are Superman statements. He's a walking bullsh*t generator IMO. "Batman is the most dangerous man in the world", "Martian Manhunter is the most powerful being in the universe", "Captain Marvel is my equal"... 3 statements that are false.

a) Batman shouldn't be the most dangerous man in the world since we have Lex Luthor and the Flashes with time-altering abilities for example.

b) How is MMH more powerful than Ganthet? Emotional Entities? Spectre? Imperiex? Anti-Monitor? Phantom Stranger? Captain Atom? Even Darkseid should be considered above MMH. Hell, Despero mind raped MMH before, does that make Despero the most powerufl being in the universe? Nein... I wont take Superman statements as true.

c) Captain Marvel has no feats to suggest he's Superman equal, and it was mostly because Captain Marvel was created to be Superman's rival in classic days. That being said, the statement has no base whatsoever.

Not to mention, Superman has a "lightspeed" fight against Wonder Woman Post-Crisis IIRC... Superman didn't seem to go at lightspeed while fighting DoS Doomsday.

He is kind of a walking PIS machine given his healing factor and adaptability so it only makes sense he should own the Justice League.

Precisely... PIS, in which "totally ignoring some abilities" "not using the whole powerset given" or "conveniently getting themselves hit" could be applied to. Why not punching him to outerspace? He doesn't fly... That would give them enough to time handle him or think of something. Nonetheless, Void itself its a walking PIS machine as well.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Void is consistently unbeatable everytime he comes out. Funny to say, but the whole "calming him down" suits Sentry a lot better than Hulk. Atleast Sentry's dark side is consistently beating everybody he's put against.

Sentry's dark side never held up against the pre retcon Beyonder who was arguably one of the most powerful beings in the 616 universe. Not many people can make Galactus look like a chump on panel (looking at you stupid Spider-Man panel in Sentry's origins)

Did Bendis really make Molecule Man a jobbing inhuman? Because IIRC, he was stomping everybody but Sentry, its not like he's Spectre-like type of jobber, he just lost to Sentry, who apparently has a greater power than Molecule Man himself by merging his 2 sides. I wouldn't say it was Sentry per se... In that matter i disagree with Killemall, i think it was clearly visible Void was being used to do such thing, which i wouldn't doubt so much because he's supposedly an Old Testament God, which could comparable to the walking "No limits Fallacy" Ghost Rider represents because its connected to Christian Religion and omnipotent beings such as... Well... God.

Under reliable writing, he should have stomped Sentry too. The whole "Void's influence" or parallels between Old Testament kind of power shouldn't have been prioritised by Bendis' hax writing over Owen Reece's on panel vastly superior feats when instead, we get the Bendis treatment ruining the character's prior conceived power level of being able to own heroes and cosmic beings easily

Void is a certificated team buster, however, we haven't really seen his limit while fighting roosters, and he actually beat them without trying and even mocking the people he fights. Then comes the Molecule Man instance where he does exactly what he has done several times before... Beat his foe and mock him.

Nor did we see Molecule Man's limits. His potential vastly outweighed those who seemed equal to him in power. Case in point.

No Caption Provided

Also why does Molecule Man mocking his foes whilst Sentry doesn't make him superior to MM? And remember Void got into massive trouble when Loki gave the Norn Stones to a team of mostly street level heroes he was fighting during Siege. They were amped but they were still mostly street level heroes.

Im really sorry mate, but one of the things i think are awfully unreliable are Superman statements. He's a walking bullsh*t generator IMO. "Batman is the most dangerous man in the world", "Martian Manhunter is the most powerful being in the universe", "Captain Marvel is my equal"... 3 statements that are false.

a) Batman shouldn't be the most dangerous man in the world since we have Lex Luthor and the Flashes with time-altering abilities for example.

b) How is MMH more powerful than Ganthet? Emotional Entities? Spectre? Imperiex? Anti-Monitor? Phantom Stranger? Captain Atom? Even Darkseid should be considered above MMH. Hell, Despero mind raped MMH before, does that make Despero the most powerufl being in the universe? Nein... I wont take Superman statements as true.

c) Captain Marvel has no feats to suggest he's Superman equal, and it was mostly because Captain Marvel was created to be Superman's rival in classic days. That being said, the statement has no base whatsoever.

Not to mention, Superman has a "lightspeed" fight against Wonder Woman Post-Crisis IIRC... Superman didn't seem to go at lightspeed while fighting DoS Doomsday.

Oh so when Hulk gets a speed boost it's credible but when some grey monster DC creates is fast from the get go, it isn't reliable? If DD consistently tags Superman, which he always, always does when he fights Superman, it isn't reliable? Not to mention he can tag Wally, Wonder Woman and Orion who are all capable of superspeed. DD adapts his physiology exceptionally quickly depending on who he's fighting in terms of doing them harm and stopping attacks from harming him. It's exactly the same as Hulk's "angrier he gets, the stronger he gets" fallacy so I fail to see why DD should be disregarded when he consistently beats teams of foes that individually can solo the Hulk.

a) I will agree with you there even though these points of yours are basically miscontrruing my point

b) Sorry mate but you misquoted Superman. Here's what he actually says

No Caption Provided

Only Earth is referred to here.

c) Billy has strength feats that put him up there in Superman's league. Disgarding Loeb's biased fight, he's held his own against Superman in a straight up brawl. It's speed where Superman has Billy outclassed.

Finally, your other points fail to account for the power boost Superman went through after his death. He became more powerful in his feats after DD killed him so that factor undermines your point massively.

Precisely... PIS, in which "totally ignoring some abilities" "not using the whole powerset given" or "conveniently getting themselves hit" could be applied to. Why not punching him to outerspace? He doesn't fly... That would give them enough to time handle him or think of something. Nonetheless, Void itself its a walking PIS machine as well.

Because DD is a walking adaptive monster who can't be killed the same way twice and is capable of growing stronger and stronger in every fight and every weakness it's exposed to. Void on the other hand is just a teambuster with a good set of feats. That fight would be close though.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GhostRavage

@lvenger said:

@ghostravage said:

Sentry's dark side never held up against the pre retcon Beyonder who was arguably one of the most powerful beings in the 616 universe. Not many people can make Galactus look like a chump on panel (looking at you stupid Spider-Man panel in Sentry's origins)

@ghostravage said:

Under reliable writing, he should have stomped Sentry too. The whole "Void's influence" or parallels between Old Testament kind of power shouldn't have been prioritised by Bendis' hax writing over Owen Reece's on panel vastly superior feats when instead, we get the Bendis treatment ruining the character's prior conceived power level of being able to own heroes and cosmic beings easily

@ghostravage said:

Nor did we see Molecule Man's limits. His potential vastly outweighed those who seemed equal to him in power. Case in point.

No Caption Provided

Also why does Molecule Man mocking his foes whilst Sentry doesn't make him superior to MM? And remember Void got into massive trouble when Loki gave the Norn Stones to a team of mostly street level heroes he was fighting during Siege. They were amped but they were still mostly street level heroes.

@ghostravage said:

Oh so when Hulk gets a speed boost it's credible but when some grey monster DC creates is fast from the get go, it isn't reliable? If DD consistently tags Superman, which he always, always does when he fights Superman, it isn't reliable? Not to mention he can tag Wally, Wonder Woman and Orion who are all capable of superspeed. DD adapts his physiology exceptionally quickly depending on who he's fighting in terms of doing them harm and stopping attacks from harming him. It's exactly the same as Hulk's "angrier he gets, the stronger he gets" fallacy so I fail to see why DD should be disregarded when he consistently beats teams of foes that individually can solo the Hulk.

a) I will agree with you there even though these points of yours are basically miscontruing my point

No Caption Provided

Only Earth is referred to here.

c) Billy has strength feats that put him up there in Superman's league. Disgarding Loeb's biased fight, he's held his own against Superman in a straight up brawl. It's speed where Superman has Billy outclassed.

Finally, your other points fail to account for the power boost Superman went through after his death. He became more powerful in his feats after DD killed him so that factor undermines your point massively.

@ghostravage said:

Because DD is a walking adaptive monster who can't be killed the same way twice and is capable of growing stronger and stronger in every fight and every weakness it's exposed to. Void on the other hand is just a teambuster with a good set of feats. That fight would be close though.

Precisely, as far as i know, they never fought. Nonetheless, i think the whole Void concept wasn't even created by the time Secret Wars happened.

Molecule Man didn't seem to be depowered, rather Sentry/Void got a huge boost implying his "supposed" destined power. Molecule Man actually beat him nigh effortlessly the first time, then he just regenerates and overpowers him on his own field.

We did see his limit, apparently, its Void. Not the same case with Void and the Helicarrier since after that Void got "toughness" feats WAY higher than that. The whole instance its sketchy, but it seems Voided Sentry posses greater Molecular control than Owen.

I don't know what you meant in the first sentence, but im going to assume you meant "Why does Void mocking his foes makes him superior to MM?" In that case, the mocking his foes doesn't make him superior... I was implying that in most cases, Void doesn't even try and its mostly toying with the mortals.

Oh so when Hulk gets a speed boost it's credible but when some grey monster DC creates is fast from the get go, it isn't reliable? If DD consistently tags Superman, which he always, always does when he fights Superman, it isn't reliable?

Hulk got a speed boost by a writer... Not that Quicksilver said, "i need to exert myself to even see Hulk moving"... 2 totally different instances. If a text box says Doomsday was faster than Superman, i could take it, but from Superman? Hell no.

Not to mention he can tag Wally, Wonder Woman and Orion who are all capable of superspeed.

Solomon Grundy, Ultra Humanite, Despero and others brick-like characters tag Superman consistently as well. Actually, there are more instances of Superman getting tagged than not. It doesn't matter if a character is capable of superspeed if he doesn't use that ability. I call it "The fast stupidity paradox".

DD adapts his physiology exceptionally quickly depending on who he's fighting in terms of doing them harm and stopping attacks from harming him.

Good for him... I don't know how that will help him on someone whose Molecular Manipulation is supposedly broken.

It's exactly the same as Hulk's "angrier he gets, the stronger he gets" fallacy so I fail to see why DD should be disregarded when he consistently beats teams of foes that individually can solo the Hulk.

I think you used the wrong statement mate... Hulk INDEED gets stronger the madder he gets. Its not a fallacy at all and has almost 60 years of proof to support it. I don't know why is Hulk being mentioned here since he's not in the gauntlet nor posses the abilities GR, Thanos and Void posses.

a) I will agree with you there even though these points of yours are basically miscontruing my point

How am i miscontruing your point if i exclusively directed mine to the fact Superman talks bs. Anyway, since we agree, no need to touch that subject :).

Hmm... Seems weird to try to correct a Superman expert on his own field but anyway... I'll quote exactly what Superman says, lets analyze together...

"I can count on one hand the number of beings in the known universe i would be afraid to face in open combat."

Here he's referring to the beings in the "known universe"... I think the phrase its self explanatory... He's obviously making a list of beings in the universe.

"J'onn J'onnz is at the top of that list."

So then he says, MMH is on >top< of that list... The list he was referring about the beings in the >universe<.

"He is the most powerful being on the face of the earth."

He proceeds to claim something that would be true if the first statement was true, which is not. But i'll grant you Superman didn't literally said MMH was the most powerful being of the universe, but being the person whose Superman is most afraid of fighting, comparing you with beings around the >universe< and claiming you're on top of that list actually means your one of or the most powerful being on the universe, 2 things that are false.

So concluding, Superman actually meant beings in the universe, or atleast that was what the writers meant to write in his dialogue bubble.

Being on someone's league and being able to stand around someone doesn't make you his equal. The very basis of being equal to someone is actually being able to stand around everything the other person does. Being outclass in the speed department automatically debunks any equality Billy and Superman may have. Going by your logic, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Lobo, Black Adam, and Captain Marvel are all Superman equals, when they're not.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lvenger

First of all, I'd recommend you don't quote my entire post then answer each part of my paragraph. It kind of clutters up the forums given the length of the post. I only say this because I've seen mods ask users not to do this kind of thing.

Molecule Man didn't seem to be depowered, rather Sentry/Void got a huge boost implying his "supposed" destined power. Molecule Man actually beat him nigh effortlessly the first time, then he just regenerates and overpowers him on his own field.

We did see his limit, apparently, its Void. Not the same case with Void and the Helicarrier since after that Void got "toughness" feats WAY higher than that. The whole instance its sketchy, but it seems Voided Sentry posses greater Molecular control than Owen.

He seemed very depowered to me when a Sentry who due to plot convenience now gets his powers from molecular manipulation suddenly gets more powerful in molecular manipulation than a guy who has consistently better feats in that department. As well as being a poor story writer, Bendis is terrible with consistent portrayals of character's feats and abilities as well. And that's another thing. Void suddenly goes from owning everyone to being taken out by a helicarrier. What kind of portrayal of his feats does that give? An inconsistent, messy PIS one is what.

Hulk got a speed boost by a writer... Not that Quicksilver said, "i need to exert myself to even see Hulk moving"... 2 totally different instances. If a text box says Doomsday was faster than Superman, i could take it, but from Superman? Hell no.

It's kind of the same thing if one writer gives superspeed to a character early on and another gives them the power later on as long as it's justified. Also it's basically the writer's words describing the character's speed and unless you want to contest what Jurgens was writing in the story, it's safer to say DD was moving at speeds Superman had trouble keeping up with. I'll provide some more justification later on.

Solomon Grundy, Ultra Humanite, Despero and others brick-like characters tag Superman consistently as well. Actually, there are more instances of Superman getting tagged than not. It doesn't matter if a character is capable of superspeed if he doesn't use that ability. I call it "The fast stupidity paradox".

Really? You want to go down this route with me? Of saying Superman's been tagged more than he hasn't? Despite the fact he's blitzed Parasite, Ultraman, Equas, blitzed Mongul, blitzed Doomsday Rex, blitzed Darkseid, blitzed an Imperiex Probe, blitzed Gog, blitzed Gnarnite, blitzed a Kryptonian strike team, blitzed Deathstroke,blitzed Subjeckt 17, blitzed H/P Doomsday and BFR'd Batman before the Four Horsemen could react,

So yeah I think Superman's definitely been shown to be far faster than not in terms of getting tagged even under the general writing of fast characters getting tagged by slow bricks. Nice name for the term btw

I think you used the wrong statement mate... Hulk INDEED gets stronger the madder he gets. Its not a fallacy at all and has almost 60 years of proof to support it. I don't know why is Hulk being mentioned here since he's not in the gauntlet nor posses the abilities GR, Thanos and Void posses.

You misunderstand me GR. I'm not saying it's a fallacy that Hulk gets angrier as he gets stronger. I was trying to say it was a fallacy that Hulk's strength is limitless because of his anger. That's the fallacy I was addressing.

Hmm... Seems weird to try to correct a Superman expert on his own field but anyway... I'll quote exactly what Superman says, lets analyze together...

"I can count on one hand the number of beings in the known universe i would be afraid to face in open combat."

Here he's referring to the beings in the "known universe"... I think the phrase its self explanatory... He's obviously making a list of beings in the universe.

"J'onn J'onnz is at the top of that list."

So then he says, MMH is on >top< of that list... The list he was referring about the beings in the >universe<.

"He is the most powerful being on the face of the earth."

He proceeds to claim something that would be true if the first statement was true, which is not. But i'll grant you Superman didn't literally said MMH was the most powerful being of the universe, but being the person whose Superman is most afraid of fighting, comparing you with beings around the >universe< and claiming you're on top of that list actually means your one of or the most powerful being on the universe, 2 things that are false.

So concluding, Superman actually meant beings in the universe, or atleast that was what the writers meant to write in his dialogue bubble.

I was talking about you misquoting him in relation to Superman rating J'onn as the most powerful being in the universe. Something that the writer probably didn't mean really but was using for dramatic effect to show just how powerful and dangerous J'onn was now that he was Fernus. This comes from the same story where Flash evacuates the entire population of Tokyo two seconds before a nuke hits it at "a hair's bredth away from the speed of light" when in reality, Wally would have to be moving trillions of times faster than the speed of light to perform that feat. But your argument is reliant on me taking that statement seriously which I don't. I was never taking that statement seriously nor do I hold that view. Feats>statements in my book. And feats are what Doomsday has for tagging Superman, Wonder Woman, Wally, Orion and MM, all of which are speedsters. And this is consistent feats ie every time he's fought a fast moving foe, he's been able to tag them without too many difficulties.

Being on someone's league and being able to stand around someone doesn't make you his equal. The very basis of being equal to someone is actually being able to stand around everything the other person does. Being outclass in the speed department automatically debunks any equality Billy and Superman may have. Going by your logic, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Lobo, Black Adam, and Captain Marvel are all Superman equals, when they're not.

I was only talking physical strength but fine you get this point even though I already had the view Superman was faster than Billy. As for the others, they are all on Superman's level. Wonder Woman staved off a bloodlusted Superman at the end of Sacrifice, MM was reported to have more raw power than Superman when Starbreaker (who consumes energy and entire suns for sustenance) was draining him whilst he was posing as another hero called Bloodwynd. And if you can't trust a cosmic vampire that consumes suns on what constitutes power, who can you trust? Black Adam managed to stalemate Superman in an in character fight just before Infinite Crisis and Superman was reportedly not holding much back in his own words. Of course, the speed advantage also applies to Adam but unlike Billy, he has kept up with Jay Garrick in combat speed so there's that going for him.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears or stops at Supes

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger:

First of all, I'd recommend you don't quote my entire post then answer each part of my paragraph. It kind of clutters up the forums given the length of the post. I only say this because I've seen mods ask users not to do this kind of thing.

True. Although i don't know why i was doing it, i usually keep my replies as clean as possible. Thank you anyways.

He seemed very depowered to me when a Sentry who due to plot convenience now gets his powers from molecular manipulation suddenly gets more powerful in molecular manipulation than a guy who has consistently better feats in that department. As well as being a poor story writer, Bendis is terrible with consistent portrayals of character's feats and abilities as well. And that's another thing. Void suddenly goes from owning everyone to being taken out by a helicarrier. What kind of portrayal of his feats does that give? An inconsistent, messy PIS one is what.

I agree on Voided Sentry getting his powers from nowhere, i also agree on Bendis being a poor writer (Hell, i didn't like Bendis Avengers, how can you possibly write the Avengers poorly?)

Anyway, Superman suffers from this as well, inconsistency, its actually something very common on some character, specially the ones that have a very wide list of powers. What i actually see its an instance similar to when Hulk got the Thunderclap for the first time, the issue where he does it he already knew how to do it but he never did it before, which is something similar with Bendis instance, even though the scale of the upgrade its awfully greater.

It's kind of the same thing if one writer gives superspeed to a character early on and another gives them the power later on as long as it's justified. Also it's basically the writer's words describing the character's speed and unless you want to contest what Jurgens was writing in the story, it's safer to say DD was moving at speeds Superman had trouble keeping up with. I'll provide some more justification later on.

Im not negating Doomsday may have superspeed, he's a kryptonian killing machine after all, what im arguing here is the fact Superman statements most of the times are blunt and baseless, and at the very best he's always trying to compliment someone. Also, the fact that Doomsday was fighting multiple characters, including people who don't posses super speed, makes me think he wasn't actually moving so fast, and that Superman saying what he said is again... BS.

Really? You want to go down this route with me? Of saying Superman's been tagged more than he hasn't? Despite the fact he's blitzed Parasite, Ultraman, Equas, blitzed Mongul, blitzed Doomsday Rex, blitzed Darkseid, blitzed an Imperiex Probe, blitzed Gog, blitzed Gnarnite, blitzed a Kryptonian strike team, blitzed Deathstroke,blitzed Subjeckt 17, blitzed H/P Doomsday and BFR'd Batman before the Four Horsemen could react

All those people still tagged him, still punched him, even pimp slap him... The fact that after getting punched/kicked/slapped/tagged he decides to use his speed properly its another story. This doesn't counter what i said.

You misunderstand me GR. I'm not saying it's a fallacy that Hulk gets angrier as he gets stronger. I was trying to say it was a fallacy that Hulk's strength is limitless because of his anger. That's the fallacy I was addressing.

You said this "It's exactly the same as Hulk's "angrier he gets, the stronger he gets" fallacy" which isn't a fallacy and its probably the most visible attribute he posses. Although i did assume you meant the Hulk's "infinite strength" argument.

Feats>statements in my book.

Good, then we agree Superman statements shouldn't be used as measuring utility. The fact that he has WAY better speed feats than fighting Doomsday debunks his statement of needing to use his speed at max to keep up with him.

I was only talking physical strength but fine you get this point even though I already had the view Superman was faster than Billy. As for the others, they are all on Superman's level

They are, on Superman's tier... Doesn't mean they are his equal. It's not like Zeus and Odin... Who both have on-panel proof on being equals. The same way GEB and Presence... The same way as Lord Chaos and Master Order...

Of course, the speed advantage also applies to Adam but unlike Billy, he has kept up with Jay Garrick in combat speed so there's that going for him.

I think i only recall Black Adam getting trashed by Jay Garrick twice and then performing 1 pimp slap since Jay was moving in circles and 1 "IT'S ENOUGH" Thunderclap. Doesn't mean he can keep up with Jay while fighting.

Nice name for the term btw.

Thank you.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If DD has a soul then he loses round 1. but if he doesnt he wins and then beats thor. he'd eventually beat juggs since he can die and come back immune to what killed him, but he loses the rest of the battles.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which Doomsday?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_red_viper  Moderator

Loses at round 1.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree on Voided Sentry getting his powers from nowhere, i also agree on Bendis being a poor writer (Hell, i didn't like Bendis Avengers, how can you possibly write the Avengers poorly?)

Anyway, Superman suffers from this as well, inconsistency, its actually something very common on some character, specially the ones that have a very wide list of powers. What i actually see its an instance similar to when Hulk got the Thunderclap for the first time, the issue where he does it he already knew how to do it but he never did it before, which is something similar with Bendis instance, even though the scale of the upgrade its awfully greater.

It happens to all characters at some point in their histories. They do some feats which are ridiculous by their usual standards or don't deal with a situation effectively as they should be able to. In any case, Hulk's thunder clap makes some kind of sense given the Hulk's baseline powers. Sentry suddenly being a better molecule manipulator than Molecule Man does not.

Im not negating Doomsday may have superspeed, he's a kryptonian killing machine after all, what im arguing here is the fact Superman statements most of the times are blunt and baseless, and at the very best he's always trying to compliment someone. Also, the fact that Doomsday was fighting multiple characters, including people who don't posses super speed, makes me think he wasn't actually moving so fast, and that Superman saying what he said is again... BS.

True, statements can be baseless BS. But when they're accompanied by actual on panel confirmation, they do gain a bit more of a standing. Anyway, what else would you expect Superman to think of in that instance when Doomsday is tagging him? Jurgens needed DD to be fast enough to tag Superman so that it would seem logical for this monster to be able to kill Superman. And Maxima has superspeed by the way so DD tagging her is another indication of his tagging fast characters.

All those people still tagged him, still punched him, even pimp slap him... The fact that after getting punched/kicked/slapped/tagged he decides to use his speed properly its another story. This doesn't counter what i said.

Given that when he decides to fight properly without writing constraints forcing him to get hit by slow moving bricks is a function of plot requirement, Superman still has a robust repertoire of speed feats to show that he can make short work of any slower opponent (within reason). And there is no plot on the battle forums so it stands to reason those slow moving foes shouldn't tag Superman as much as they do in the comics.

Good, then we agree Superman statements shouldn't be used as measuring utility. The fact that he has WAY better speed feats than fighting Doomsday debunks his statement of needing to use his speed at max to keep up with him.

No they shouldn't. I don't even agree with the statements Diana makes about her having faster combat speed than Superman as there's no definitive proof of this. But DD making short work of a Morrison roster of JLA members which included the largest and most powerful JLA rosters since the Silver Age does play a bit more into how fast he can actually move when he has to.

They are, on Superman's tier... Doesn't mean they are his equal. It's not like Zeus and Odin... Who both have on-panel proof on being equals. The same way GEB and Presence... The same way as Lord Chaos and Master Order...

That's what I meant, on his tier ie capable of keeping with him in most fights even if they don't surpass him in certain areas. And I forgot to mention that Lobo actually has better physical strength feats than Superman as he pulled down a city into a condensed ball and ate it (no jokes) and pulled down Solaris, a sentient star with stellar mass. Plus he has an insane healing factor. So despite lacking speed feats, he does have other edges which allow him to take on Superman in a good fight. For the record, there is a scan of Superman owning Lobo whilst speed blitzing him when possessed by Eclipso and whilst I still vouch for Superman's power in that instance, there is an argument that being possessed by Eclipso amped Superman's physicals up just as past possessions done by Eclipso have done.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I think i only recall Black Adam getting trashed by Jay Garrick twice and then performing 1 pimp slap since Jay was moving in circles and 1 "IT'S ENOUGH" Thunderclap. Doesn't mean he can keep up with Jay while fighting.

Of course Superman has more and better speed feats than Adam. Heck he kept up with Jay perfectly fine in an engineered race between the two.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He loses every round. In stomp.

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers