This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I was challenged to find weaknesses in Doomsday by

@Almighty_Darkseid said (From the Sephiroth vs Doomsday tread):

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

doomsday wins, effortless curbstomp

magic cant beat doomsday... he has no weaknesses

He says this for every thread but replaces "doomsday" with one of the participants. Pretty cool I think.

No weaknesses? Want me to make a thread and put this to the test?

go ahead

#2 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

He loses all of them hard

#3 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically those aren't weaknesses.

I'm not agreeing with Almighty_Darkseid, but I'm just sayin'....

#4 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

1. He'd cease to exist by the snap of TOAA's finger.

2.No

3.No

4.No

5.He's still be slower.

#5 Posted by jwalser3 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would he need to talk to fish?

#6 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2786 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen: He loses all of them hard

#7 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

TOAA beats Doomsday at being Doomsday.

@jwalser3 said:

Why would he need to talk to fish?

Fish aren't mammals...

Also, what if TOAA came up to Doomsday and said "If you don't beat Aquaman at talking to aquatic mammals I am going to kill you".

@CerberusPrime3k said:

1. He'd cease to exist by the snap of TOAA's finger.

2.No

3.No

4.No

5.He's still be slower.

You think Doomsday is faster than the runner? An elder of the universe that would make Zoom look more like some pathetically slow character such as, oh I dunno, Flash?

#8 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to add that instantly logged off when I set this thread up. It is a shame he is not here to defend himself.

#9 Edited by Strider92 (16149 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically anything that could destroy him on a molecular level could kill him as Doomsday evolves by developing a resistance to what ever killed him in his cells hence the reason during his creation only the surviving cells where used each time. All that has to happen is for everyone of Doomsday's cells to be destroyed and that's it. He can't evolve if there's nothing to evolve from.

#10 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy: ?

You must have misunderstood my 5."He's still be slower" Doomsday would still be slower.......

#11 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsdays adaptations are only limited to his physical self.

#12 Posted by ChaosMarvel (991 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

Technically anything that could destroy him on a molecular level could kill him as Doomsday evolves by developing a resistance to what ever killed him in his cells hence the reason during his creation only the surviving cells where used each time. All that has to happen is for everyone of Doomsday's cells to be destroyed and that's it. He can't evolve if there's nothing to evolve from.

This.

If there is nothing physically remaining of Doomsday to evolve from then that's it for him.

#13 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

DD has no weakness. But losing to someone isn't a weakness, the reason he'd lose to most of them is because its set up in their favor. In a real fight DD would wreck them all except TOAA and maybe Runner.

#14 Posted by jwalser3 (4798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy:

Haha I don't know why I put fish.

#15 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

he has no weaknesses like i said so... what is there to even defend about?

#16 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

I was challenged to find weaknesses in Doomsday by

@Almighty_Darkseid said (From the Sephiroth vs Doomsday tread):

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

doomsday wins, effortless curbstomp

magic cant beat doomsday... he has no weaknesses

He says this for every thread but replaces "doomsday" with one of the participants. Pretty cool I think.

No weaknesses? Want me to make a thread and put this to the test?

go ahead

lmfao none of what u asked are even relevant to what i said... how is losing to toaa a weakness? smh do u even know what weakness means?

#17 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen: These aren't weaknesses....

@Strider92 said:

#18 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a difference between a weakness, which is a below average ability in an area, and not being more powerful then everyone at everything.

#19 Edited by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Here are weaknesses:

He is vulnerable to being destroyed on a molecular level

He is stupid

He takes time to regenerate

If he had no weaknesses he wouldn't come back stronger after getting destroyed by the likes of electric shark superman.

I'd also like to note that you claim that magic can't beat Doomsday. So the most powerful magic user in DC, in fact no, in all of comics can't beat Doomsday?

#20 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Here are weaknesses:

He is stupid

If he had no weaknesses he wouldn't come back stronger after getting destroyed by the likes of electric shark superman.

I'd also like to note that you claim that magic can't beat Doomsday. So the most powerful magic user in DC, in fact no, in all of comics can't beat Doomsday?

umm, no those are not weaknesses, just cause he can get hurt and possibly die from it doesnt mean they are weaknesses...

now kryptonite is supermans weakness...

doomsday isnt dumb... he actually has a high healing factor...

do u know what weakness even means?

nope they cant

#21 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Here are weaknesses:

He is stupid

• His showings indicate otherwise
  • If by that you mean he lack intelligence, sure.
  • How is that a weakness
  • You mean if there were no ways to kill him. That's not the same as a weakness
  • And I know this isn't directed toward me, but Magic would probably have to extrememly strong to defeat Doomsday. He's only ever gone against Bloodwynd and I still haven't found out if he was being magically powered at all (Because Bloodwynd was really the Martian at that time) but he did not seem particularly vulnerable to it. That being said Doomsday has been exposed to and usually is unaffected by a large variety of different kinds energy from Oan, Omega beams, Chronal Energy, Astro Force, Entropic Energy, etc and these showings have indicated that only HUGE amount of energy would be able to stop him
#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Being weak against kryptonite, or fire, or wood -- those are actually specific weaknesses. Doomsday has none of those. Then again, neither has someone like Spider-Man.  

Easy to see what I'm getting at.
#23 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

lmfao none of what u asked are even relevant to what i said... how is losing to toaa a weakness? smh do u even know what weakness means?

My mistake, loosing to TOAA is a strength of Doomsday's.

Definition of Weakness: an inadequate or defective quality.

If Doomsday had no weaknesses he wouldn't need to adapt every time would he. So there is another weakness, needs to be "killed" to adapt. lists but a few weaknesses for Doomsday.

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: So are you saying Doomsday is perfect in every way if he has no weaknesses? I agree that in a fight without prep he would destroy Iron Man, Mr Fantastic and Aquaman but with prep I am sure Mr Fantastic could come up with something to stop him. Though that isn't what this tread is about though.

#24 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

If Doomsday had no weaknesses he wouldn't need to adapt every time would he. So there is another weakness, needs to be "killed" to adapt. lists but a few weaknesses for Doomsday.

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: So are you saying Doomsday is perfect in every way if he has no weaknesses? I agree that in a fight without prep he would destroy Iron Man, Mr Fantastic and Aquaman but with prep I am sure Mr Fantastic could come up with something to stop him. Though that isn't what this tread is about though.

smh, so if u get killed or get beat up i guess that becomes ur weakness right? smh hulk lost to thor i guess thor is hulks weakness... smh

#25 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

sad... the op really thought he had something, only to be shut down in shame... lol

#26 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: You could say that a weakness of Spider-man is his Character, if he has a choice to either defeat a villain or save civilians, he will save the people every time (Many super villains have used this against him). Also his web shooters require cartridges so in a prolonged fight he would eventually run out.

I am trying to say that if someone has no weaknesses at all then they must be perfect. Maybe not a specified or obvious weakness such as Kyrptonite, Sunlight etc, but ones that can be exploited.

#27 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

these aren't weaknesses imo, i'd say they're more like limits.

#28 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

He is not perfect. But yes he lacks some abilities, and by comic standards a weakness is defined as something that makes one vulnerable.

#29 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

smh, so if u get killed or get beat up i guess that becomes ur weakness right?

Oh dear... You asked me if I knew what Weakness means and I replied, I would ask you to read the definition yourself please. If I got beat up, my weakness maybe that I am not good at fighting, if i got killed, maybe my immune system was not strong enough to fight off a virus, so a weak immune system would be a weakness of mine. A weakness is not just raw power you know.

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

smh hulk lost to thor i guess thor is hulks weakness... smh

I have to laugh at this. You first ask me if I know what weakness means and then you say this... Doesn't credit your argument much.

#30 Edited by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

smh, so if u get killed or get beat up i guess that becomes ur weakness right?

Oh dear... You asked me if I knew what Weakness means and I replied, I would ask you to read the definition yourself please. If I got beat up, my weakness maybe that I am not good at fighting, if i got killed, maybe my immune system was not strong enough to fight off a virus, so a weak immune system would be a weakness of mine. A weakness is not just raw power you know.

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

smh hulk lost to thor i guess thor is hulks weakness... smh

I have to laugh at this. You first ask me if I know what weakness means and then you say this... Doesn't credit your argument much.

why dont u read the mods, post and the one above u... nuff said, read all of the posts on here, they all are saying the same, its not weaknesses, cause he has none... just cause u can get beat up, dont mean thats a weakness... smh

#31 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

the op is still trying to argue with me knowing he lost... lmfao, hes trying to save face, lol

#32 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

the op is still trying to argue with me knowing he lost... lmfao, hes trying to save face, lol

You think that no magic user can beat Doomsday, hilarious.

Dormammu vs Doomsday

By your logic kryptonite isn't Superman's weakness, it's just the absence of kryptonite allows him to be even more powerful.

#33 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

Being weak against kryptonite, or fire, or wood -- those are actually specific weaknesses. Doomsday has none of those. Then again, neither has someone like Spider-Man.

Easy to see what I'm getting at.

Apparently not

#34 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday's weakness? Reality warping. It's kind of hard not to have a weakness to reality warping. Actually for the record, a weakness is anything that a character is particularly vulnerable to that can weaken or harm them. A vulnerability is something that leaves them vulnerable or weak. The two are pretty much interchangable however in the way we use them the difference is pretty minuscle.

A weakness: A specific fault in the nature of ones powers that weakens them via exposure or inability to act against it. See Crosses and Vampires.

A vulnerability: Is something that can effect a character beyond the limits of it's usual durability or power either through circumventation or other means. See magic and... everyone who doesn't have a resistance to it.

So a weakness in the context used here is something more closely related to an Anathema. Something that causes an adverse reaction when introduced to a character. Doomsday doesn't seem to possess such a thing, though he has plenty of vulnerabilities. His main power is his ability to alter his molecular structure to account for a vulnerability and adapt so it can't effect him. However, we can see that there is somethings that he can't adapt to. Obviously, he hasn't adapted to death for instance. Reality warping, as it stands, should be something above adaptability and since he has to be exposed to it to adapt to it. It can warp his very structure and make him no longer able to adapt and thus... well you get the picture. So forth and so. Complete molecular disentigration should also prevent his ressurection.An adaptive viral agent that adpats to his adapting would also be something that could kill him every time he resurrects.

#35 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

You think that no magic user can beat Doomsday, hilarious.

Dormammu vs Doomsday

By your logic kryptonite isn't Superman's weakness, it's just the absence of kryptonite allows him to be even more powerful.

u dont make no sense... read everyones post here, they all said what i been saying... nuff said

#36 Edited by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

just cause u can get beat up, dont mean thats a weakness... smh

Are you not reading. If you read previous posts, others say: If he can be destroyed on a molecular level then he cannot adapt. Is this not a weakness of Doomsday or of his adapting and evolving?

I did read what the mod said, and I also gave a logical reason and reply to "weaknesses", though you are not giving any logical reasons, you actually think that a healing factor has something to do with intelligence.

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

#37 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@DangerousLoki said:

Doomsday's weakness? Reality warping. It's kind of hard not to have a weakness to reality warping. Actually for the record, a weakness is anything that a character is particularly vulnerable to that can weaken or harm them. A vulnerability is something that leaves them vulnerable or weak. The two are pretty much interchangable however in the way we use them the difference is pretty minuscle.

A weakness: A specific fault in the nature of ones powers that weakens them via exposure or inability to act against it. See Crosses and Vampires.

A vulnerability: Is something that can effect a character beyond the limits of it's usual durability or power either through circumventation or other means. See magic and... everyone who doesn't have a resistance to it.

So a weakness in the context used here is something more closely related to an Anathema. Something that causes an adverse reaction when introduced to a character. Doomsday doesn't seem to possess such a thing, though he has plenty of vulnerabilities. His main power is his ability to alter his molecular structure to account for a vulnerability and adapt so it can't effect him. However, we can see that there is somethings that he can't adapt to. Obviously, he hasn't adapted to death for instance. Reality warping, as it stands, should be something above adaptability and since he has to be exposed to it to adapt to it. It can warp his very structure and make him no longer able to adapt and thus... well you get the picture. So forth and so. Complete molecular disentigration should also prevent his ressurection.An adaptive viral agent that adpats to his adapting would also be something that could kill him every time he resurrects.

#38 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

just cause u can get beat up, dont mean thats a weakness... smh

Calling troll here. That or your not reading. One of the two. If you read previous posts, others say: If he can be destroyed on a molecular level then he cannot adapt. Is this not a weakness of Doomsday or of his adapting and evolving?

I did read what the mod said, and I also gave a logical reason and reply to "weaknesses", though you are not giving any logical reasons, you actually think that a healing factor has something to do with intelligence.

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

its called vulnerability... stop trying to troll here kid... everyone has said what i been saying... just face it u lost, stop trying to save face

first off all healing factor is healing factor i just forgot to put the apostrophe... so nice try... thought u had something huh? nope u lost maybe next time

#39 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

u dont make no sense... read everyones post here, they all said what i been saying... nuff said

You are correct, does make sense.

I am also not saying anything about your grammar, I am saying that you are associating healing factors with intelligence.

He also says they are interchangeable. If someone taking exams was good at everything except from maths he would say "My weakness was my maths test" rather than saying "Maths was my vulnerability".

#40 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

I am also not saying anything about your grammar, I am saying that you are associating healing factors with intelligence.

He also says they are interchangeable. If someone taking exams was good at everything except from maths he would say "My weakness was my maths test" rather than saying "Maths was my vulnerability".

lol, u still trying? sad

#41 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

lol, u still trying? sad

Please don't resort to insults, that is uncalled for.

#42 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

lol, u still trying? sad

what insult? please mind ur own business u lost as well

#43 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@Nessy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

lol, u still trying? sad

Calling him sad is an insult, and this is a public forum and as long as I deem your post to be, it is my business.

#44 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid: Stop antagonizing and baiting other users. This is a warning.

As for everybody else, get back on topic ASAP, or I'm locking this.

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy: If you see somebody doing something like this, stop responding to them, it only escalates the situation. Flag and move on.

#46 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

1.the state or quality of being weak; lack of strength, firmness, vigor, or the like; feebleness.

2.an inadequate or defective quality, as in a person's character; slight fault or defect: to show great sympathy for human weaknesses.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/weakness

There you have it. He has many inadequate qualities. His lack of being intelligence, and being easily outsmarted, his lack of immunity to many many different powers, his limited strength. These are all dictionary defined weaknesses.

If you are using another meaning for what you think a weakness is, then that is YOUR DEFINITION, but unfortunately on English speaking forums we often go by the actual English dictionary definition.

#47 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@Nessy said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@KaioKen said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

lol, u still trying? sad

Calling him sad is an insult, and this is a public forum and as long as I deem your post to be, it is my business.

good for u, i won this already go stop trying to save face stop replying back to me

#48 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

doomsday is smart, has he unlimited strength due to his ability to adapt, hes not like hulk whos easily outsmarted and hulks lack of immunity to many many many different powers, these are all facts not by ur logic... but nice try though, maybe next time u might win

#49 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid: This is your second warning.

As a result of your inability to stay on topic and cease trolling, this thread is now locked.