*Void*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By *Void*
@BigCimmerian said:

Superman has defeated both Doomsday and Mongul, I mean if he did that Odin should stomp them with ease, Despero was hurt by some sharks, the only real threat I see is Darkseid and I think that Thanos>Darkseid, I mean how can anyone on team 1 even hurt Odin?

Nuff said
thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By thanobomb1124
@MrDirector786

@SexualLobster said:

What does it stand for?

Silver age.

It's when he could sneeze and like.. oblitorate a galaxy or some other ridiculously stupid feat.

He only destroyed a solar system when he sneezed.

Lol
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By MrDirector786

@BigCimmerian said:

Superman has defeated both Doomsday and Mongul, I mean if he did that Odin should stomp them with ease, Despero was hurt by some sharks, the only real threat I see is Darkseid and I think that Thanos>Darkseid, I mean how can anyone on team 1 even hurt Odin?

Using low showings doesn't prove anything.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Dex_Starr

@BigCimmerian said:

The omega beams have harmed the Spectre and Imperiex, they would hurt Odin and Darkseid doesn't have to in vicinity of Odin to use them on him.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By _Black

@MrDirector786 said:

@thatguy said:

I havent read much Thor. But really? Odin can solo? hard to believe.

Duh. Odin can blow up teh galaxy even though there was only one instance in which he did it and it was like 40 years ago and was very ambiguous as to whether he actually destroyed one.

Lol so true.

@BigCimmerian said:

You forgot to mention that Doomsday took on the Justice League by himself and killed Superman in the process. The Hunter/Prey version is even more deadly. You also forgot to mention that Despero took on numerous members of the Justice League and Justice Society in Virtue and Vice, where he literally flicked away Superman and Captain Marvel at the same time.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By bigcimmerian

@_Black said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@thatguy said:

Duh. Odin can blow up teh galaxy even though there was only one instance in which he did it and it was like 40 years ago and was very ambiguous as to whether he actually destroyed one.

Lol so true.

@BigCimmerian said:

You forgot to mention that Doomsday took on the Justice League by himself and killed Superman in the process. The Hunter/Prey version is even more deadly. You also forgot to mention that Despero took on numerous members of the Justice League and Justice Society in Virtue and Vice, where he literally flicked away Superman and Captain Marvel at the same time.

Odin could one shot Justice League and Justice Society.

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By thatguy

@BigCimmerian said:

@_Black said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@thatguy said:

Lol so true.

@BigCimmerian said:

Highly doubting that one.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By _Black

@BigCimmerian said:

@_Black said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@thatguy said:

Lol so true.

@BigCimmerian said:

That's debatable. I'm just trying to relay that you shouldn't use low showings when arguing. It's a disservice to the character and doesn't make you look good either.

Avatar image for demifiendreturns
demifiendreturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By demifiendreturns
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Army2442 said:

Odin solos in a good fight.

Thanos doesn't even come close to soling

Exactly. 

@thatguy said:

Odin was destroying galaxies (as well as quasars, that have more energy than galaxies themselves) as a side effect of his fight with his evil side - Infinity. Surtur who is just slightly more powerfull than Odin, destroyed a galaxy just by creating his sword. When Asgard was fighting with some 3 brothers (sorry, but I would have to look for their names), one of them wanted to have a clear fight with Thor's father. They were destroying planet and stars - again just as a side effect and Odin won. There were also indications about power great enough to destroy galaxies in his fight with Seth (Seth was highly boosted).
odin destroying galaxies is MEGA PIS
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jeanroygrant

Odin spits on them lool

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Odin solos.

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dark Cloud™: Reasons?

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BigCimmerian: The all-father Odin is very powerful but when comparing a hand full of obscure 40 year old scans full of hyperbole to the average showings in his other 753 comic appearances then calling him a galaxy buster is ridiculous. Superman was amped to holy hell when he fought HP Doomsday, mother box, the works. Even with those amps he couldn't touch hunter prey Doomsday, read some comics before you post. Also, stop using the few select low showings to mount a case for a win, nobody here is posting scans of Odin getting slapped around by cave trolls, getting rolled by random guys with spears or Thanos getting arrested by the NYPD, that would just be pathetic.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By czarny_samael666
@thatguy said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@_Black said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@thatguy said:

Lol so true.

@BigCimmerian said:

Highly doubting that one.

He can. Zeus already did that to Avengers (with Pulsar and Thor in squad) and he was highly holding back. 

@demifiendreturns said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
@Army2442 said:

Odin solos in a good fight.

Thanos doesn't even come close to soling

Exactly. 

@thatguy said:

Odin was destroying galaxies (as well as quasars, that have more energy than galaxies themselves) as a side effect of his fight with his evil side - Infinity. Surtur who is just slightly more powerfull than Odin, destroyed a galaxy just by creating his sword. When Asgard was fighting with some 3 brothers (sorry, but I would have to look for their names), one of them wanted to have a clear fight with Thor's father. They were destroying planet and stars - again just as a side effect and Odin won. There were also indications about power great enough to destroy galaxies in his fight with Seth (Seth was highly boosted).
odin destroying galaxies is MEGA PIS

It isn't. At all. You have at least 3 different situations in which his level was described as a galaxy threat (Odin vs. Infinity; Surtur destroying galaxy; Odin vs. boosted Seth).
Avatar image for demifiendreturns
demifiendreturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By demifiendreturns

@CapitolPunishment said:

@BigCimmerian: The all-father Odin is very powerful but when comparing a hand full of obscure 40 year old scans full of hyperbole to the average showings in his other 753 comic appearances then calling him a galaxy buster is ridiculous. Superman was amped to holy hell when he fought HP Doomsday, mother box, the works. Even with those amps he couldn't touch hunter prey Doomsday, read some comics before you post. Also, stop using the few select low showings to mount a case for a win, nobody here is posting scans of Odin getting slapped around by cave trolls, getting rolled by random guys with spears or Thanos getting arrested by the NYPD, that would just be pathetic.

this
desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By desmond006

Odin team wins

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Killemall

@CapitolPunishment said:

Well forget galaxy busting attacks, i am not going to debate on that however i am sureczarny_samael666can clearify that to you , however, even you have to admit he has pretty powerful attacks enough to kill anyone here in a battle (maybe not kill Darkseid, he has protection to being killed according to few comics). Doomsday (Hunter/Prey apart, coz he was a walking plot device) has always been shown to be a little more powerful than superman and i dont think he could do a great deal against Odin (he would give hell to thanos but not kill him). Also Superman has defeated Doomsday on several occasions and pretty much every version of Doomsday, in one point or another, has been hurt by superman level attack (be it via superman, captain marvel , or 3 of them combined) so i dont think he can actually withstand a full blast of Odin's attacks (his attacks are not generally as weak as how they appeared against thanos). Despero has the same problem, he has always been hurt by physical harms, i dont think he can mindrape anyone here because Thanos himself has mega-powerful mindattacks and Odin has powerful TP + resistance.

I strongly think Odin can solo Doomsday and Despero (not going to get into debate about Darkseid). thanos can at the very least hang around with Darkseid and finally beat him once he gets Odin's help.

Darkseid omega beam is very powerful, but they havent ever erased anyone more powerful than Superman so i dont think they could erase Odin from existence or kill him. Hurt him, most probably they would, but is that really enough.

I am not sure Odin solos, not getting into that argument but i refuse be believe team 1 stomp, as a matter of fact i think team 2 should take the majority like 8/9 times out of 10 provided they fight smart and Odin doesnt act like an ass , as he generally does in comics.

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mongul is a non factor in this fight
team 2

No Caption Provided
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higher_evolutionary: Congratulations, your the gazillionth person to post the pic in a Thanos thread thinking it would be cool and failed.

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: BAM! Awesome post, now that's what I am talking about, someone posting a solid argument up on this thread instead of saying " Odin solo's galaxy bust one shot blah blah blah". Apart from Czarny clarifying anything for me on that matter (we both, along with many others including mods have had many discussions and I feel we will never see eye to eye, there is even a thread specifically for the subject) if I disagree with anything you said I'll reply to it in a hit when I get on my pc. Good post though, that's what these threads are for XD.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By czarny_samael666
@CapitolPunishment

I belive that most of people who don't belive that Odin is galaxy buster, simply don't like to use indications from comics and belive that they are hyperbols or that Odin did it off panel.
But:
-Surtur destroyed galaxy and if we belive that Odin is only a bit less powerfull than Surtur than I think that we should belive the same about Odin.
-Odin in his fight with Infinity destroyed and recreated quasars (which is very little known fact)
Odin destroys galaxies and quasars p2
Odin destroys galaxies and quasars p2
And quasars have more energy than galaxies. 
About "old scans":
Odin fought with Seth something about 1997. 
And here another great battle in which stars were destroyed as a side effect of his battle:
Odin vs. Forsung
Odin vs. Forsung
This battle was remind by Thor in Thor v.2 #15:
Odin vs. Forsung in Thor v.2 in 1999
Odin vs. Forsung in Thor v.2 in 1999
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall:  

This was a good post, sorry I haven't had time to give it a proper reply. Imo it was the only posts in this thread that gave one persons detailed theory as to why a team would win instead of all the base-less one liners others (not all) posted, including myself (in one post anyway)

I agree with what you said as far as weaknesses for the DC team but I just had a question for you about that subject, sorry to bump an old thread.

Well forget galaxy busting attacks, i am not going to debate on that however i am sureczarny_samael666can clearify that to you , however, even you have to admit he has pretty powerful attacks enough to kill anyone here in a battle (maybe not kill Darkseid, he has protection to being killed according to few comics).

I have already said Odin is a very powerful character but I would have to disagree. Perhaps in the first scenario he could kill one or two of them with a powerful attack but I'm pretty sure the incarnations in round two could tank anything Odin throws at them. Also, can you give me some examples of Odin putting down the bad guys with powerful attacks and please don't use those 2 scans that get posted in every Odin thread (the one with Set, then with "Infinity"). I ask this because he has enough showings that showcase his powers, I acknowledge he is a very powerful character but I would like someone to delve into his feats more and use consistent showings as an example of how he wins here, he also has an unprecedented ability to pull Asgard out of his as$ (Restore it out of no where)

Doomsday (Hunter/Prey apart, coz he was a walking plot device) has always been shown to be a little more powerful than superman and i dont think he could do a great deal against Odin (he would give hell to thanos but not kill him).

I know I'm going to catch hell for saying this but HP Doomsday was not just a "walking plot device". SA Superman was a walking plot device because he would create a new power for any situation (and never use said power again) when he does not possess that evolutionary power that HP Doomsday does. Thor's hammer i a plot device for the same reason, Hawkman's claw of Horus is also in that category. 

In the case with HP Doomsday the writers went through a great deal of trouble to explain how and why Doomsday has the ability to adapt, develop new offensive powers and new defenses that is after all, his main power/ability. Remember, he started out as just a small child trying to survive the most hostile environment in the Universe (pre historic Krypton). He dies literally thousands of thousands of times, each time he revived he had new powers until he was the top dog on per-historic Krypton then did the same throughout his travels in the Universe. Reviving from a planet busting energy attack which made him immune to high energy attacks, taking on the entire GL Corps. in the process killing three hundred of them until a guardian sacrificed himself just to BFR Doomsday etc etc. The only thing he was unable to adapt to is raw physical blunt force damage, in which case Odin or Thanos have not displayed enough to convince me that could kill him in a H2H battle.

As for killing Thanos, perhaps they can't but the OP rules say nothing about death. Thanos can and has been KO'd on a few notable occasions, that would be a means to put him down in round one. Also during the Thanos imperative, Thanos started to act up and the guardians of the Galaxy knew he could not be killed so they threatened to dump him in a black hole where he would spend eternity. That threat scared Thanos enough to calm him down and cease his aggressive behavior. A BFR to a black hole would take care of Thanos in round two which Mongul with the rings is more than able to do, also DS could do the same with the OE or his fatherbox.

My point: Thanos would be quickly dealt with in either round leaving Odin to fend for himself. Despero may not be able to mind-rape him but his feats suggest at the very least he would be able to keep him occupied in an astral battle while the rest of the team has there way with him.

Also Superman has defeated Doomsday on several occasions and pretty much every version of Doomsday, in one point or another, has been hurt by superman level attack (be it via superman, captain marvel , or 3 of them combined) so i dont think he can actually withstand a full blast of Odin's attacks (his attacks are not generally as weak as how they appeared against thanos). Despero has the same problem, he has always been hurt by physical harms, i dont think he can mindrape anyone here because Thanos himself has mega-powerful mindattacks and Odin has powerful TP + resistance.

The Characters you named can be defeated by enough physical damage, this is true. My question is what would make you think Odin or Thanos have the physical prowess to physically down anyone on that team? I mean there feats certainly do not suggest such a thing, nor do there bio's support the theory. In fact, feat wise would suggest the complete opposite in a physical battle. Odin is classified as a 75 tonner and has the ability to amp his strength to unknown levels but lets be honest, what physical H2H feats does he have to his name that would contend here? Thanos has a few good feats in that department but almost everyone on team DC has equal or better H2H feats.  

I am not exactly sure you mean by "(his attacks are not generally as weak as how they appeared against thanos)"? That battle between the two went on an entire issue while Thanos took multiple attacks from Odin and also counter attacked Odin (with little effect). Did it state anywhere in that comic or any others that Odin was somehow holding back?

From what I have seen Odin and Thanos are on about the same level of TP as one another (based on both showings against Galactus) so I would agree that Despero would not be able to mind rape either of them. Imo his TP is powerful enough to at the very least keep one of them in a stalemate so to speak on the astral plane leaving the rest of his team to have there way with whoever that may be. V & V Despero is also immortal, if his body is destroyed he can possess the body of another.

I strongly think Odin can solo Doomsday and Despero (not going to get into debate about Darkseid). thanos can at the very least hang around with Darkseid and finally beat him once he gets Odin's help.Darkseid omega beam is very powerful, but they havent ever erased anyone more powerful than Superman so i dont think they could erase Odin from existence or kill him. Hurt him, most probably they would, but is that really enough. I am not sure Odin solos, not getting into that argument but i refuse be believe team 1 stomp, as a matter of fact i think team 2 should take the majority like 8/9 times out of 10 provided they fight smart and Odin doesnt act like an ass , as he generally does in comics.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this, Odin would be locked in a mental battle with Despero while Doomsday has his way with Odin (despite all the myths around the vine, Odin indeed possesses a physical body that can be severely damaged by both physical and energy forces) but I do not know if they can finish him. DS and Mongulcombined would make quick work of Thanos either via KO or BFR to a black hole then its three powerhouses having there way with Odin while he is still locked in a mental battle. I think I addressed my other points above, although I am going to et sh1t for what I said about HP Doomsday lol.

In round one i would give Odin and Thanos 6/10 wins.

In round two I would have to give the DC guys 8-9/10

IMHO if the OP threw in another herald level fighter for Marvel this would be a great fight, in others opinions its already a stomp in Marvel's favor because "Odin is there and he is a Galaxy Buster" sigh...

Again, sorry for the late reply and its always a pleasure chatting with ya 0/
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By termiteone4ever

This battle is not going to be easy the only way team 2 wins unless Odin BFR but fighting wise Doomsday is going to be a pain . I recall the Guardians hit doomsday with a blast tring to kill doomsday that put a hole in the universe so i am nto sure a mere galaxy blast is going to kill doomsday here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Odin solos.

wkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By wkar

Team 1

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By daak1212

Team 1.

Darkseid is already Sky father so he should be able to tangle with Odin and Doomsday should be able to beat..........ehh oh wait this isnt TI Thanos yeah then he should beat Thanos.

Thanos in Thanos Imperetive was quite strong infact he has a self resurrection feat in there

Edit: In retrospect, what are Darkseid feats?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Killemall

@CapitolPunishment said:

@Killemall:

This was a good post, sorry I haven't had time to give it a proper reply. Imo it was the only posts in this thread that gave one persons detailed theory as to why a team would win instead of all the base-less one liners others (not all) posted, including myself (in one post anyway)

I agree with what you said as far as weaknesses for the DC team but I just had a question for you about that subject, sorry to bump an old thread.

I have already said Odin is a very powerful character but I would have to disagree. Perhaps in the first scenario he could kill one or two of them with a powerful attack but I'm pretty sure the incarnations in round two could tank anything Odin throws at them. Also, can you give me some examples of Odin putting down the bad guys with powerful attacks and please don't use those 2 scans that get posted in every Odin thread (the one with Set, then with "Infinity"). I ask this because he has enough showings that showcase his powers, I acknowledge he is a very powerful character but I would like someone to delve into his feats more and use consistent showings as an example of how he wins here, he also has an unprecedented ability to pull Asgard out of his as$ (Restore it out of no where)

I know I'm going to catch hell for saying this but HP Doomsday was not just a "walking plot device". SA Superman was a walking plot device because he would create a new power for any situation (and never use said power again) when he does not possess that evolutionary power that HP Doomsday does. Thor's hammer i a plot device for the same reason, Hawkman's claw of Horus is also in that category.

In the case with HP Doomsday the writers went through a great deal of trouble to explain how and why Doomsday has the ability to adapt, develop new offensive powers and new defenses that is after all, his main power/ability. Remember, he started out as just a small child trying to survive the most hostile environment in the Universe (pre historic Krypton). He dies literally thousands of thousands of times, each time he revived he had new powers until he was the top dog on per-historic Krypton then did the same throughout his travels in the Universe. Reviving from a planet busting energy attack which made him immune to high energy attacks, taking on the entire GL Corps. in the process killing three hundred of them until a guardian sacrificed himself just to BFR Doomsday etc etc. The only thing he was unable to adapt to is raw physical blunt force damage, in which case Odin or Thanos have not displayed enough to convince me that could kill him in a H2H battle.

As for killing Thanos, perhaps they can't but the OP rules say nothing about death. Thanos can and has been KO'd on a few notable occasions, that would be a means to put him down in round one. Also during the Thanos imperative, Thanos started to act up and the guardians of the Galaxy knew he could not be killed so they threatened to dump him in a black hole where he would spend eternity. That threat scared Thanos enough to calm him down and cease his aggressive behavior. A BFR to a black hole would take care of Thanos in round two which Mongul with the rings is more than able to do, also DS could do the same with the OE or his fatherbox.

My point: Thanos would be quickly dealt with in either round leaving Odin to fend for himself. Despero may not be able to mind-rape him but his feats suggest at the very least he would be able to keep him occupied in an astral battle while the rest of the team has there way with him.

The Characters you named can be defeated by enough physical damage, this is true. My question is what would make you think Odin or Thanos have the physical prowess to physically down anyone on that team? I mean there feats certainly do not suggest such a thing, nor do there bio's support the theory. In fact, feat wise would suggest the complete opposite in a physical battle. Odin is classified as a 75 tonner and has the ability to amp his strength to unknown levels but lets be honest, what physical H2H feats does he have to his name that would contend here? Thanos has a few good feats in that department but almost everyone on team DC has equal or better H2H feats.

I am not exactly sure you mean by "(his attacks are not generally as weak as how they appeared against thanos)"? That battle between the two went on an entire issue while Thanos took multiple attacks from Odin and also counter attacked Odin (with little effect). Did it state anywhere in that comic or any others that Odin was somehow holding back?

From what I have seen Odin and Thanos are on about the same level of TP as one another (based on both showings against Galactus) so I would agree that Despero would not be able to mind rape either of them. Imo his TP is powerful enough to at the very least keep one of them in a stalemate so to speak on the astral plane leaving the rest of his team to have there way with whoever that may be. V & V Despero is also immortal, if his body is destroyed he can possess the body of another.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this, Odin would be locked in a mental battle with Despero while Doomsday has his way with Odin (despite all the myths around the vine, Odin indeed possesses a physical body that can be severely damaged by both physical and energy forces) but I do not know if they can finish him. DS and Mongulcombined would make quick work of Thanos either via KO or BFR to a black hole then its three powerhouses having there way with Odin while he is still locked in a mental battle.I think I addressed my other points above, although I am going to et sh1t for what I said about HP Doomsday lol.

In round two I would have to give the DC guys 8-9/10.

IMHO if the OP threw in another herald level fighter for Marvel this would be a great fight, in others opinions its already a stomp in Marvel's favor because "Odin is there and he is a Galaxy Buster" sigh...

Again, sorry for the late reply and its always a pleasure chatting with ya 0/

Cheers i always appreciate a long detailed replies. I can answer few answer of them, or at least i shall try.

• Before I explain anything here, first thing I would like to point out is attacks Odin has shown against Thor in few occasions and against thanos, which I think is a great showing for Thanos and not a low showing for Odin, cannot be used to determine how powerful his attacks are. Thor has tanked Odin’s attack but it is quite reasonable to believe that Odin is not going to use his best attack against his own son.
  • Odin has shown powerful attacks, enough to knock off and eventually defeat Surtur when he was young (Journey to the Mistery #99) and he has gotten major boost ever since, Odin also with 3 hits defeated Absorbing Man who at that time had absorbed most of the artefacts and powers in Asgard and looked mega powerful (Journey into the Mystry 123 or sth close to it), he BFRed Mangog with a blast (Thor # 157). Also to put in the scans you see normally, he was destroying many planets as a side effect of his battle against Infinity and was stated to destroy a galaxy. I know , I personally would call that a hyperbole but its fairly obvious that Odin does have very powerful attacks, specially when he is using his staff. Also to add is that with one attack he has destroyed a quasar which is pretty huge.
  • You have to admit the kind of attacks that could be used to defeat Surtur (although Surtur has won the majority against Odin), attacks that hurt galactus (in 3 occasions, not counting the head butt that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever), its enough to suggest his attacks can KO or kill members of team 1, maybe not 1 attacks but few definitely will. He almost Koed silver surfer with a simple attack and we know silver surfer pretty much strolled through a supernova.
  • The reason I believe H/P Doomsday was a walking plot device is because he was able to tank darkseid’s OB and beat him eventually. OB that hurt Spectre, and all it does to Doomsday is burn him (which has never happened in the past).
  • As per Koing thanos this is thanos before Thanos Imperative and I still havent seen Thanos in full power being Koed (which hasn’t been retconned, Thor Koed him and was later retconned to be a clone). He tanked two full powered blast from Galactus, held his own against Odin, held his own against Champion with power gem, held his own against Warrior Madness thor with Power Gem who was easily handling and getting the better of Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock , Drax the destroyer and BRB all at the same time. As far as being BFRed is concerned thanos has the ability to teleport whenever he wants. Not only has he teleported himself but has been able to teleport a whole building with ease, this comes from his tech as well as mystical enchantment given by Lady death. That’s one of his cannon powers. Saying Thanos can solo would be a huge overestimation, but saying Thanos would be dealt with easily is an underestimation to say the least. Thanos has pretty powerful attacks as well, he has destroyed a gas giant with his cosmic blast, killed silver surfer with few punches etc. He has enough defensive and offensive feats to suggest that he can go toe to toe with any character here, upto and including H/P Doomsday. About BFR Thanos has ability to BFR too and so does Odin, saying team 1 would BFR thanos but not considering the fact that Thanos or Odin themselves can BFR anyone in team 1 sounds like an unfair estimation. Thanos BFRed champion with just his finger.
  • The reason I said Odin’s attack are not as weak as it was shown against thanos was because Odin has shown great power in his blast, as explained earlier and his feats including destroying a quasar with a single blast. A consistent attack with that kind of blast should at the very least hurt Thanos, but Thanos wasn’t bleeding at all, nor did he have any grave injuring, hell even his clothing looked ok. Compare that to when he fought thor with power gem and he was bleeding albeit looked like a small scratch, when thanosi Omega was destroyed he was pretty roughed up and was bleeding but when he fought with Odin neither his cloths are torn nor is he bleeding or is wounded physically.
  • Also Odin does not have to be to be locked in a mental battle with Despero, why would Odin choose to be in a mental battle when he has a good chance of KO-ing either character here with his attacks. Also saying Darkseid and Mongul combined would make a short work of Thanos, does not do justice to Thanos’s defensive ability. Thanos has more than enough durability to hang in the battle with DS and Mongul combined without getting KO-ed for a long time. Of course, Thanos cannot win against both of them but he sure can be a punching bag for a long long time.
  • Besides if you are saying Despero takes on Odin in a mental attack, that would also leave Thanos to mindrape Mongul who doesn’t have much TP defense. By her own admission Thanos has better telepathy than moondragon who at the very least is a planet level telepath.
  • I have to disagree here in see team 1 winning 9/10 in round 1 and at least 7/10 in round two.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MrDirector786

@termiteone4ever said:

This battle is not going to be easy the only way team 2 wins unless Odin BFR but fighting wise Doomsday is going to be a pain . I recall the Guardians hit doomsday with a blast tring to kill doomsday that put a hole in the universe so i am nto sure a mere galaxy blast is going to kill doomsday here.

The blast the guardians hit him with was powerful enough to tear through time and space but I doubt it would have taken out a galaxy. A galaxy-busting attack would decimate Doomsday.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By daak1212

@MrDirector786 said:

@termiteone4ever said:

The blast the guardians hit him with was powerful enough to tear through time and space but I doubt it would have taken out a galaxy. A galaxy-busting attack would decimate Doomsday.

I thought Doomsday was able to survive the end of time?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MrDirector786

@daak1212 said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@termiteone4ever said:

I thought Doomsday was able to survive the end of time?

The end of time completely obliterated him so that he could never come back. Brainiac 13, however, would stop this from happening which is why he's still here.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By czarny_samael666
@daak1212 said:

Team 1.

Darkseid is already Sky father so he should be able to tangle with Odin and Doomsday should be able to beat..........ehh oh wait this isnt TI Thanos yeah then he should beat Thanos.

Thanos in Thanos Imperetive was quite strong infact he has a self resurrection feat in there

Edit: In retrospect, what are Darkseid feats?

1.Most of them are fights with people in Superman level.
2.Tittle means nothing. Not even saying that it is a different thing in both: DC and Marvel, but even other Marvel Skyfathers aren't really equal to best of them. For example most powerfull gods in Council of Godheads, but only few are in most important part of this group (Odin, Zeus, Vishnu and Vishnu's brothers, but they are there, because Vishnu was once shown as a god who have to respect their status in his "kingdom", but in other occasion only Odin, Zeus and Vishnu stand against Celestials).

@CapitolPunishment said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this, Odin would be locked in a mental battle with Despero while Doomsday has his way with Odin (despite all the myths around the vine, Odin indeed possesses a physical body that can be severely damaged by both physical and energy forces) but I do not know if they can finish him. DS and Mongulcombined would make quick work of Thanos either via KO or BFR to a black hole then its three powerhouses having there way with Odin while he is still locked in a mental battle. I think I addressed my other points above, although I am going to et sh1t for what I said about HP Doomsday lol.

In round two I would have to give the DC guys 8-9/10

0.I hope that my post can clarify some things here. It shouldn't be taken in offensive way and I hope it won't :)
1.They can't take what highly boosted Seth(since even fighting with Set will more then enough to take team 1 easily), Surtur, Ymir, Forsung, Mangog, Annihilus, Silver Surfer, Thor, Mephisto, Bor (since Thor survived and killed him only thanks to Odin Force) - couldn't. Yes, people from team 1 are better tha nThor or Surfer, but I don't see their durability as higher than Mangog. 
Saying that "Odin is a galaxy buster and it is enough" - is right thing. 
No one from team 1 can do it and none of them can survived it. Odin is a legit galaxy buster, since he destroyed them, recreated them, destroyed quasars (on panel) and recreated them (that is why recreating Asgard isn't something strange for him). He fought and won with other galaxy buster (Surtur).
People are saying that, becuase this kind of feat automatically puts You on level 1,000 time better than herolds. You can have army of Silver Surfers and they would still lose easily to Odin. You can bring Quasar, Surfer, Thor, Warlock, Thanos, Annihilus and Vulcan for example and Odin will one-shot them all with one attack.

Imagine different fight: Insane Gennis-Vell vs. Team1. IGV had many good apperances, but they weren't even close to his one feat - destroying and later recreating Universe. He did it only once, but would You say that he can lose to these people? No. 

And most of other Odin's apperance other in opposition to that status. Acctually I don't recall anyone below Odin defeating him without tricks. 
Thanos' clone - magic posion. Second fight with Forsung - Odin was weakned after fight with Dark Gods.  And most of other attacks on him were when he was in Odinsleep. 

2.Mjolnir isn't plot device per se. It can do pretty much anything, because Odin can do pretty much anything. It is reality manipulation/magic device. But I see Your point.

3.Infinity most part of damage he has done, he did by physical strength. Odin can do the same. Just saying, since I don't see physical battle as an option here.

4.Thanos wasn't affraid of blackhole. He was affraid, that he would be caged in some place in which he would have to live, when death will be gone from that universe. 

5.Odin solo, so Thanos presence isn't really important.

6.Odin > Classic Strange + Moondgragon in telepathy (he was able to infiltrate Thor's mind and cure him, while they couldn't do a thing in Astral Plane to him). Thanos didn't even tried that IIRC, which for me means that he belived that he can't do more than they could

7.Odin wasn't holding back, but if Omega and Galactus couldn't one-shot Thanos, then we shouldn't be suprised than Odin had problems. Silver Surfer in the same comic was one-shotted by Odin.

8.Of course Odin can be destroyed, but You would have to use as much power as Odin himself used to kill Surtur or make him weak from the start of battle.

9.Despero would have to be in Galactus level of telepathy to slow down Odin. Also, Thanos used Moondragon as a vessel in his fight with Galactus. Odin didn't have to, but I pretty much admitt that this fight was PIS, since Galactus knew where Odin was, while he didn't when he fought with Thanos.

10.No herlad level means anything when he fights in battle that include Odin.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jeanroygrant

Odin solo's

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By termiteone4ever

@MrDirector786 said:

@termiteone4ever said:

Now i recall this comic stating it placed a whole in the universe and also ripped through time and space . Clearly this is powerful blast meant to kill doomsday I am not sure the distance this Blast carried doomsday but he was clearly not on OA nor in thier sector at all . We recall that comic he was doing energy absorption so this is a feat that not much People argued when it comes to doomsday and you already know he capable of energy conversion.. Now even a galaxy busting blast which mostly shock wave i dont think that would kill doomsday. Now HP doomsday he was still fighting end of time Yes it was braniac that saved him but he was resisting that very slowly . It didnt kill him instantly. I still dont see Odin beating this freak easily here, other than BFR . Thanos Stands no chance against Doomsday.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Thor's hammmer

Odin solo's. if he's not written down he just solo's faster. no one on team 1 is a threat to him. this is like pitting 4 regular ppl against superman. stupid.
bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By bigcimmerian

I don't understand logic of those that say team 1 wins. If Superman can stalemate/hold his own/ even beat some members in team 1 then Silver Surfer should be also capable of doing that. Silver Surfer>>>Superman. I know that Surfer isn't in this battle, but I want to compare his power with those of Thanos and Odin. Odin>>>>>>>Thanos>Silver Surfer, that would mean that Odin should solo this with ease and with Thanos this is even greater stomp.

termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By termiteone4ever

@BigCimmerian said:

I don't understand logic of those that say team 1 wins. If Superman can stalemate/hold his own/ even beat some members in team 1 then Silver Surfer should be also capable of doing that. Silver Surfer>>>Superman. I know that Surfer isn't in this battle, but I want to compare his power with those of Thanos and Odin. Odin>>>>>>>Thanos>Silver Surfer, that would mean that Odin should solo this with ease and with Thanos this is even greater stomp.

Nope Current darkseid is winning even the past is wonning . Superman mostly challenges Avatars

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jeanroygrant

@termiteone4ever said:

@BigCimmerian said:

Nope Current darkseid is winning even the past is wonning . Superman mostly challenges Avatars

Yes it is

GL2991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By GL2991

Odin solos; Team 2 wins.

RB

killabum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By killabum

Odin will stomp SA Superman

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By NerdsFTW

Odin solos.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By terry2012

Bump.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

HP DD is going to be burden

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By militaryMan

Team Thanos

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin could solo but anyone here could defeat Thanos

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterkungfu: Odin is vastly more powerful still. This is a guy who can take one step and repair earth of all damage caused to It, shake the universe with his attacks with Seth, and one-shot Silver Surfer level beings which even Doomsday can't do.