Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What do you consider "standard gear" for the Doom guy? Playing the BFG edition he had devices that slowed down time and pretty much one shoted almost anyone while restoring his health. Even the BFG alone should one shot Fett.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Penderor

Boba Fett freezes him into carbonite and sells him as attraction to Jabba Hutt.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bones309

@penderor said:

Boba fett freezes him into carbonite and sells him as attraction to Jabba Hutt.

…and he does this how?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

Boba Fett freezes him into carbonite and sells him as attraction to Jabba Hutt.

Doom guy rips out his spine and uses it as a backscratcher.

See I can make non-arguments with no evidence too!

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@bones309: Well, after he beats him.

Who says he takes him out? I don't see him countering a BFG attack.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: It has auto target locking system or what?

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_johnathan: Boba Fett can clone him and then use his clone against him. That has logic actually.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@lord_johnathan: Boba Fett can clone him and then use his clone against him. That has logic actually.

He'd need at the very least, a few weeks for the fastest cloning tech in star wars that I know of to work against him.

He doesn't have any prep time and there's nothing that indicates that Boba Fett can survive the BFG 9000.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bones309

@penderor said:

Fett is not a cloner that I know of. His standard gear is not cloning tech. that I'm aware of. He's a clone, that's it. Really he'd need to collect his DNA to clone him and even then it wouldn't matter. It's not like his clone would have a BFG. It'd be like "hey that guy looks like me….now he looks like a bloody mess"

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@bones309: Boba Fett can also rockets him.

Doom guy has rockets too, he can carry fifty of them in...

Places.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@bones309: Boba Fett can also rockets him.

So can the Doom guy. He's taken on rocket welding demons with high end durability before. BFG>>>>than rockets too.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@bones309: can Doom Guy fly?

He can run at well over sixty miles per hour without pause or break and maintain perfect accuracy while on the move. He doesn't need to fly. Especially since he can keep up his run for longer than Boba can keep his jetpack fueled.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@bones309: can Doom Guy fly?

He can run at well over sixty miles per hour without pause or break and maintain perfect accuracy while on the move. He doesn't need to fly. Especially since he can keep up his run for longer than Boba can keep his jetpack fueled.

Pretty much this. The BFG is unavoidable even by flight too. One shot and Fett is dead.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_johnathan: Do you have any proof that his armor can block blaster, and also have proof that Doom Guy bullets can penetrate Mandalorian stuff?

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@lord_johnathan: Do you have any proof that his armor can block blaster, and also have proof that Doom Guy bullets can penetrate Mandalorian stuff?

So lets see…your argument is that the Doom guy's armor can't stop Fett's attacks because they've never faced each other but that the Doom guy's weapons won't effect Fett because they've never faced each other. Do you see the flaw here?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone post or explain what Doom Guys weapons are and what his feats with them are?

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone post or explain what Doom Guys weapons are and what his feats with them are?

Hard to say given the different games. Some newer games he had mystical artifacts but in general even without those he always has a Rocket Launcher, Pistol, Shot Gun, Plasma Rifle, Chain Gun, and a BFG. The BFG being the real weapon here. It's pretty much an omnidirectional weapon that kills anything that can't take a rocket and live.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deadgod

Only thing i remember about Doomguy was that he was proven too much for Hell to handle & was thrown out of hell. Also he killed Cyberdemon & Spider Mastermind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Boba has weaved in and out of X-Wing blaster cannom fire on his jetpack, and has done the same with blaster rifles on foot for a 40 foot sprint with no cover. I'm dubious of how Doom Guy is going to hit him. More than that, Boba has taken a direct missile followed by being covered in debris and suffered no damage, and his Mandalorian Iron plate armor can withstand lightsaber strikes even in vulnerable areas like the neck (lightsabers are akin to the type of energy you'll find inside a star). So Doom Guy will be hard pressed to kill Boba.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Doom Guy completely player controlled? Because if he doesn't have any feats outside of gameplay mechanics I think Fett definitely wins this.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bones309

@bones309: Boba has weaved in and out of X-Wing blaster cannom fire on his jetpack, and has done the same with blaster rifles on foot for a 40 foot sprint with no cover. I'm dubious of how Doom Guy is going to hit him. More than that, Boba has taken a direct missile followed by being covered in debris and suffered no damage, and his Mandalorian Iron plate armor can withstand lightsaber strikes even in vulnerable areas like the neck (lightsabers are akin to the type of energy you'll find inside a star). So Doom Guy will be hard pressed to kill Boba.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Doom Guy completely player controlled? Because if he doesn't have any feats outside of gameplay mechanics I think Fett definitely wins this.

There's really no dodging a BFG. Considering a blind Han Solo took out Fett, I'm guessing he's screwed against a guy who pretty much took on Hell. The BFG tends to attack within people. Don't know that armor matters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Let's see the BFG then. Gonna go ahead and disregard the other part.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadgod said:

Only thing i remember about Doomguy was that he was proven too much for Hell to handle & was thrown out of hell. Also he killed Cyberdemon & Spider Mastermind.

Doomguy did more than that.

He destroyed Hell. Single handedly. Twice

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom Guy probably wins.

Jmarshmallow

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Let's see the BFG then. Gonna go ahead and disregard the other part.

Disregard what part? That it's from a video game? I didn't start this thread and they gave no details. I believe there are Doom books and there's a movie. The movie really didn't have the "Doom guy" in it. The BFG wasn't much in it. Generally if people don't give details I go by the original/most popular source material. You don't feel video games count for much, I say don't argue fights that involve video games. At least with the video game we have a real gage of what an attack can do. Consider we see what a rocket launcher can do and compare it to the BFG.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadgod said:

Oh yeh. Been a long time since i played Doom games. Doomguy sure have some epic feats.

Lord_Johnathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadgod said:

@lord_johnathan said:

@deadgod said:

Oh yeh. Been a long time since i played Doom games. Doomguy sure have some epic feats.

If Doom 4 is more story driven we might get some proper feats.

I'm kind of hoping it stays at least partially true to it's run and gun ultraviolent origins but I have faith in Bethesda after Wolfenstein: The New Order to revive classic franchises while keeping them true to their roots.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: I meant I was going to disregard the part about a blind Han Solo.

I still want to see the BFG before I make up my mind.

Although this is exactly the problem with video game characters. Their actual feats other than ambiguous accomplishments like "destoyed hell" are usually scarce, or based on gameplay mechanics, which aren't Canon. And people tend to just choose whatever weapon for the VG character that suits their argument best. This is possible purely because everything the character does is based on player choice.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadgod said:

@lord_johnathan said:

@deadgod said:

If Doom 4 is more story driven we might get some proper feats.

I'm kind of hoping it stays at least partially true to it's run and gun ultraviolent origins but I have faith in Bethesda after Wolfenstein: The New Order to revive classic franchises while keeping them true to their roots.

Hopefully it will. Read that recent Doom previews at QuakeCon were awesome .
They showed the game taking place back on Mars & also they have some Karate System feature where melee combat will be more focused. Doomguy is said to be dismembering bodies & performing fatalities this time.
Can't wait till its release, Already waited 10 long years for the sequel.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: I meant I was going to disregard the part about a blind Han Solo.

I still want to see the BFG before I make up my mind.

Although this is exactly the problem with video game characters. Their actual feats other than ambiguous accomplishments like "destoyed hell" are usually scarce, or based on gameplay mechanics, which aren't Canon. And people tend to just choose whatever weapon for the VG character that suits their argument best. This is possible purely because everything the character does is based on player choice.

Google it….really if you don't know what a BFG is, I don't see the point in arguing here.

All fictional characters feats are ambiguous. Back to Han Solo for example. You're telling me that you didn't toss out Fetts best and want to disregard things like the Solo incident. How are video game mechanics any different than writers favoring popular characters and other such nonsense?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: I don't play Doom so how would I know? Nah I'm not googling it. Burden of proof is on you to provide, not me to find.

Are you serious right now? Boba Fett was killed in a movie in the 70s because someone set off his jetpack when he was looking the other way. You're going to focus all of your attention on that and completely disregard the myriad of feats he's attained over the decades? Stop being so ridiculous.

And there are absolutely no parallels to be drawn from gameplay mechanics and writer bias. Those are two completely separate issues. One deals with the fact that what the player does in a game during gameplay isn't Canon, and the other is to do with another issue entirely which wasn't even prevalent in Return of the Jedi. That is unless you're trying to say George Lucas is biased against characters he himself created? That he revived himself in order for them to appear in numerous comics, novels, animations, action figures, video games and more?

Let's face facts here - Doom Guy has no quantifiable combat feats. He just has his end-game guns that you're going to pretend he has marksmanship feats with sufficient to hit someone as evasive as Boba. And because he has no quantifiable feats, you're getting away from the point entirely by lowballing Boba using the most inane and invalid set of logic I've ever seen.

Fett dusts him off before he can even pull the trigger.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: I don't play Doom so how would I know? Nah I'm not googling it. Burden of proof is on you to provide, not me to find.

Are you serious right now? Boba Fett was killed in a movie in the 70s because someone set off his jetpack when he was looking the other way. You're going to focus all of your attention on that and completely disregard the myriad of feats he's attained over the decades? Stop being so ridiculous.

And there are absolutely no parallels to be drawn from gameplay mechanics and writer bias. Those are two completely separate issues. One deals with the fact that what the player does in a game during gameplay isn't Canon, and the other is to do with another issue entirely which wasn't even prevalent in Return of the Jedi. That is unless you're trying to say George Lucas is biased against characters he himself created? That he revived himself in order for them to appear in numerous comics, novels, animations, action figures, video games and more?

Let's face facts here - Doom Guy has no quantifiable combat feats. He just has his end-game guns that you're going to pretend he has marksmanship feats with sufficient to hit someone as evasive as Boba. And because he has no quantifiable feats, you're getting away from the point entirely by lowballing Boba using the most inane and invalid set of logic I've ever seen.

Fett dusts him off before he can even pull the trigger.

You keep making claims about something you openly admit you know nothing about but the burden of proof is on me???

I'm not focusing all my attention on something that happened in a 1980's movie(not the 70's). I only used it as an example that feats swing both ways.

Did he even revive Fett or did other writers? He is biased, I've seen him admit he doesn't get the appeal of Fett but that fans like him so he added more of him to the special editions. Do you seriously not get that popularity is a major factor in feats?

Video games are really no different than most other forms of story telling except that it's up to the player to get through the story. Don't like, don't debate about them.

Let's face facts, you're clearly biased against a character you know nothing about. You're only here because you like Fett. The BFG turns him to mush. It's a far better weapon and you really don't even need to aim it. You'd know that if you knew anything about Doom.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: I haven't made any claims about the BFG. And you're seriously expecting me to go around doing my own research to prove your own points for you?

Feats don't swing both ways with Boba. He died in a way that isn't even a bad feat to begin with because he wasn't fighting Han. Tell you what - list as many low showings as you can for Fett, and I'll return three good showings each for every one. I don't expect you to be able to, but I'll humor you since you seem to believe Boba has some kind of problem with consistency.

You're still getting away from the point of the thread. This isn't about popularity. It's about Boba Fett fighting Doom Guy.

I'm not biased for or against anyone. You're just failing to put up any argument for the character you're supporting and expect me to know everything about a character I have no exposure too.

If your reply isn't any better I'm going to stop responding to you. This debate is about as desperate as it gets on this site.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: I haven't made any claims about the BFG. And you're seriously expecting me to go around doing my own research to prove your own points for you?

Feats don't swing both ways with Boba. He died in a way that isn't even a bad feat to begin with because he wasn't fighting Han. Tell you what - list as many low showings as you can for Fett, and I'll return three good showings each for every one. I don't expect you to be able to, but I'll humor you since you seem to believe Boba has some kind of problem with consistency.

You're still getting away from the point of the thread. This isn't about popularity. It's about Boba Fett fighting Doom Guy.

I'm not biased for or against anyone. You're just failing to put up any argument for the character you're supporting and expect me to know everything about a character I have no exposure too.

If your reply isn't any better I'm going to stop responding to you. This debate is about as desperate as it gets on this site.

I'm not expecting you to prove my points, only to know about the subject at hand. The BFG is a room clearing weapon. If you don't know what it is or does, why are you here?

My point wasn't so much about Fett but the idea of feats. It doesn't matter….tell me how Fett isn't killed by the BFG? Both have armor. Does Fett have a weapon that will one shot the Doom guy and that he can't dodge?

YOU ARE CLEARLY BIASED! YOU ARE AGUING FETT WINS AGAINST A PERSON YOU ADMIT TO KNOWING NOTHING ABOUT! HOW IS THAT NOT BIAS?????

If my replies don't get better? You are arguing against something you admit to knowing nothing about. Heck, the guy you're arguing for, you got the decade wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Why am I here? Because I want to be? Because I know a pretty good amount about Boba Fett, and last time I checked he's in this thread? Who the hell are you by the way? I wasn't aware it was your job to question users on what threads they participate in.

All I've done is ask for feats, and for someone to post the infamous BFG. Believe it or not, asking questions is a good way to learn things, which is why people are able to participate in threads where they only know about one party on this site, and have been doing so for over 7 years now.

No, it doesn't matter. I can't tell you how he isn't killed by the BFG because you haven't shown what it can even bloody do yet. What kind of armor does Doom Guy have? As for what weapons Fett has. A blaster rifle which can bust large vehicles or disintegrate people. Building busting wrist rockets. Wrist lasers. Flamethrowers. Grenades. Missiles. Knockout gas. Sonic emitter. The list goes on and on. So how is Doom Guy surviving or dodging any of this exactly?

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bones309

@bones309: Why am I here? Because I want to be? Because I know a pretty good amount about Boba Fett, and last time I checked he's in this thread? Who the hell are you by the way? I wasn't aware it was your job to question users on what threads they participate in.

All I've done is ask for feats, and for someone to post the infamous BFG. Believe it or not, asking questions is a good way to learn things, which is why people are able to participate in threads where they only know about one party on this site, and have been doing so for over 7 years now.

No, it doesn't matter. I can't tell you how he isn't killed by the BFG because you haven't shown what it can even bloody do yet. What kind of armor does Doom Guy have? As for what weapons Fett has. A blaster rifle which can bust large vehicles or disintegrate people. Building busting wrist rockets. Wrist lasers. Flamethrowers. Grenades. Missiles. Knockout gas. Sonic emitter. The list goes on and on. So how is Doom Guy surviving or dodging any of this exactly?

My point was why argue against something you don't know anything about. I see a lot of threads on here that have a person I know about vs someone I don't. I generally don't get involved. At best I'll point out facts I feel are relevant but tend not to get too into it.

As I've said the BFG pretty much kill anything that doesn't have super high durability. Things that can take a rocket to the face and keep coming. Heck, it kills most of them. It does have a limit when it comes to a great number of foes but that's not really an issue in this fight.

Well, the Doom guy does have an artifact that can slow down time(depending on the game) but really the BFG should be enough. He has armor that can take a rocket at least.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309:

My point was why argue against something you don't know anything about. I see a lot of threads on here that have a person I know about vs someone I don't. I generally don't get involved. At best I'll point out facts I feel are relevant but tend not to get too into it.

I've pretty much worked out that Doom doesn't have any feats and that you're arguing gameplay mechanics, therefore I have enough to say Boba wins. Again though, it's not really up to you what or where people post.

As I've said the BFG pretty much kill anything that doesn't have super high durability. Things that can take a rocket to the face and keep coming. Heck, it kills most of them. It does have a limit when it comes to a great number of foes but that's not really an issue in this fight.

Can I see an example of any of this? Your descriptions are pretty vague right now, if I'm being honest.

Well, the Doom guy does have an artifact that can slow down time(depending on the game) but really the BFG should be enough. He has armor that can take a rocket at least.

No Caption Provided

Sounds like gameplay mechanics. Plenty of games have a function that slows down time for the player so it's easier to aim. It doesn't mean the character is literally a time manipulator. Could be wrong here, but that's the impression I'm getting.

Fett is packing more than just one rocket, and I haven't seen any feats yet to suggest Doom can tank or dodge anything Boba fires, whereas the reverse is quite different.

What's the picture meant to be? I see someone playing Doom. What's this meant to prove?

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309:

I've pretty much worked out that Doom doesn't have any feats and that you're arguing gameplay mechanics, therefore I have enough to say Boba wins. Again though, it's not really up to you what or where people post.

Can I see an example of any of this? Your descriptions are pretty vague right now, if I'm being honest.

No Caption Provided

Sounds like gameplay mechanics. Plenty of games have a function that slows down time for the player so it's easier to aim. It doesn't mean the character is literally a time manipulator. Could be wrong here, but that's the impression I'm getting.

Fett is packing more than just one rocket, and I haven't seen any feats yet to suggest Doom can tank or dodge anything Boba fires, whereas the reverse is quite different.

What's the picture meant to be? I see someone playing Doom. What's this meant to prove?

I'm not sure what you want here. You want feats but don't except those from a game when we are arguing about a guy from a video game. How is that a win for Fett either way?

The BFG causes everything around it to be hit internally with energy powerful enough to kill most beings. Only a few highly durable beings can survive a blast from it.

He uses an artifact that does slow down time. It can't be used all the time and needs to be charged with souls to be honest. Heck, if it was just an effect that would indicate he has great speed/aim.

If both fire, the Doom guys weapon can't be dodged and is powerful enough for an instant kill.

It shows the room full of people it killed. What more do you want? Seriously, you came into this knowing nothing about DOOM and continue to insist that Fett wins because you like him. That's all this is. I like both and it seems to me the BFG is the trump card in this battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309:

I'm not sure what you want here. You want feats but don't except those from a game when we are arguing about a guy from a video game. How is that a win for Fett either way?

What I'm saying is, the player shooting something until it's HP runs out isn't a feat, because it's based entirely on what the player does and gameplay mechanics that don't translate over to real life/canon (because nothing has a HP bar...).

The BFG causes everything around it to be hit internally with energy powerful enough to kill most beings. Only a few highly durable beings can survive a blast from it.

And again, I'd like to see an example of this that isn't gameplay mechanics.

He uses an artifact that does slow down time. It can't be used all the time and needs to be charged with souls to be honest. Heck, if it was just an effect that would indicate he has great speed/aim.

If both fire, the Doom guys weapon can't be dodged and is powerful enough for an instant kill.

It shows the room full of people it killed. What more do you want? Seriously, you came into this knowing nothing about DOOM and continue to insist that Fett wins because you like him. That's all this is. I like both and it seems to me the BFG is the trump card in this battle.

*shrugs* okay then.

Fett can outdraw Doom Guy. I mean, I don't know anything substantial about this BFG other than that it explosions whole rooms of enemies in gameplay. Which is ambiguous at best.

Those are gameplay mechanics. You should probably stop going on about how biased I am as it has nothing to do with the thread. It's not my fault you need to revert to challenging me personally because you can't provide me with anything better than gameplay mechanics.

Nocturnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fight begins...

Doom guy pulls trigger on BFG9000, laughs and walks away.

Boba fett has carefully concealed himself at the top of a building 2 blocks away. He is using his helmet to scan the nearby area and considering how he can lay a trap for the green space marine dude. He knows he can beat the green dude, after all he has killed Jedi. What could a little green man possibly do to kill the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy? Boba opens his mouth to chuckle but is promptly turned into a pile of red mush.

The winner? Hell's friendly neighborhood space marine.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mimatch. Doomguy rents by feats. Not much to say.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomguy out guns Boba Fett and leaves a bloody mess.

No Caption Provided

SnakeEyes4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this happened a long time ago, but damn, it annoys me when people discount feats simply because they happen in game. It's a video game character, what do you expect? Talk about bias.