Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sandiego008
Domino
Domino
Prometheus
Prometheus

Hope this hasn't been done before searched and couldn't find ... I know Prometheus is badass ... but was curious to see if people thought Domino's ability could give her the edge or make it an even playing field or if Prometheus is just to much for her.

Prometheus gets his headgear but no strobe light and doesn't get armor that protects his body from blows.

Round 1: No prep no weapons.

Round 2: No prep Weapons.

Takes place at Yankee stadium. Domino starts at home plate, Prometheus is at Second base.

Win by K.O or death, No Morals.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Chibio

No man, Dominos ability is not bad, but she is overall not skilled enough to compete with him! It's like you let Mr. X fight against Deathstroke.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sandiego008

@Chibio: hmmm thanks for input curious if everyone feels this way ...

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

Domino has not done anything that puts her on Prometheus' level, TBO.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandiego008

@Nefarious: Unless I am mistaken though she only really lost once though ... or am I wrong?

Didn't make this thread thinking domino is anywhere near Prometheus's level .... was thinking Prometheus is a genus preper and almost always has things go according to plan ... and has a suit that gives him fighting skills, tactical advantages, etc. However he is still a human and, "However, as events have proven, when unplanned events happen, he can be caught by surprise." ... and this is Dominos strong point and was wondering if this could give a win that most would consider PiS ... even if it wasn't. And if it could ... how often would she win ... 1/10 ... 5/10.

Quote is from comicvines bio on him.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By nefarious
@sandiego008: Oh. I believe so.
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

she doesn't need to be on his level as long as she is actively trying to not get hit or land a hit her powers usually make it happen.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Prometheus, luck only takes you so far

Halle Romanova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Halle Romanova

Domino has some done borderline Deus Ex Machina things with her powers. They're a combination of too unpredictable and too strong (for lack of a better word) to properly determine the fight, IMO. There's any number of things that they could cause to happen.

@LordOfAllHumans said:

she doesn't need to be on his level as long as she is actively trying to not get hit or land a hit her powers usually make it happen.

This as well.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sandiego008

@The Stegman: Do you think she has a chance of winning any out of 100 fights ... if so how many?

@LordOfAllHumans: Yea just thought of this ... shoulda made this in a stocked warehouse or something like that so she can just try to not get hit and randomly fire bullets and hope they topple over a thing of gasoline and it magically gets lit on fire ... doh.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

If he gets his head gear then all he has to do is use the stobe effect..

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@sandiego008: well i never deal in absolutes, i'm sure she can win if she has prep and gets the jump on him, it could go down like this 

No Caption Provided

only with a gun instead of an arrow
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@The Stegman said:
Prometheus, luck only takes you so far
her powers are telekinetic in nature they manifest by altering things to go her way and boosting her physical stats (reaction time and reflexes), and luck does not really run out if it is your power to produce it.  
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sandiego008

@entropy_aegis: Well I want to ban the strobe effect thing from helmet ... was hoping no one would mention that ...

@The Stegman: They are in a wide open field and she does have a gun ... in one of the scenarios.

Dunno maybe she hits his helmet with a bullet it somehow loosens some wires and the sprinkler system comes on and electrocutes him.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@entropy_aegis said:

or some random act of telekinesis manipulates probability and shorts it out, or causes her to turn away from it just in time or causes her bullets to still hit him whether she can see or not.  Or she decides to consciously use her power and causes his suit to explode or a giant sentinel destroying bolt of lightning to rain down from the sky on him.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

or some random act of telekinesis manipulates probability and shorts it out, or causes her to turn away from it just in time or causes her bullets to still hit him whether she can see or not. Or she decides to consciously use her power and causes his suit to explode or a giant sentinel destroying bolt of lightning to rain down from the sky on him.

Or maybe you should realize that Prometheus is a walking plot device,and how can she turn away from the stobe effect? it's like turning away from light.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sandiego008

@entropy_aegis said:

Or maybe you should realize that Prometheus is a walking plot device,and how can she turn away from the stobe effect? it's like turning away from light.

So is domino ...

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

or some random act of telekinesis manipulates probability and shorts it out, or causes her to turn away from it just in time or causes her bullets to still hit him whether she can see or not. Or she decides to consciously use her power and causes his suit to explode or a giant sentinel destroying bolt of lightning to rain down from the sky on him.

so you can't turn away from light?  I just had my brother shine a flash light directly into my face, and guess what I turned away and was not blinded by the direct light, just to see if it's possible...it is
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By entropy_aegis

@sandiego008 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

So is domino ...

Not on his level,he owned Firestorm and Starfire with a rocket.

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

so you can't turn away from light? I just had my brother shine a flash light directly into my face, and guess what I turned away and was not blinded by the direct light, just to see if it's possible...it is

Can you turn away from the sun? or the lights in your room/hall etc NO.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

so you can't turn away from light? I just had my brother shine a flash light directly into my face, and guess what I turned away and was not blinded by the direct light, just to see if it's possible...it is

yes you can, if the sun is in the east and I face the west, I have turned away from the sun, and I can certainly avert my eyes from any source of light by not looking directly into it or even in the direction it is coming from...so yes you can.  I've been to clubs and concerts with strobe lights they are not impossible to avoid.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By entropy_aegis

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

yes you can, if the sun is in the east and I face the west, I have turned away from the sun, and I can certainly avert my eyes from any source of light by not looking directly into it or even in the direction it is coming from...so yes you can.

And this is where trolling starts,i just love how people here desperately try to cling on to even the most absurd and asinine scenarios to make sure their character wins.

The stobe effect manipulates the light in the area to affect the opponent's brain,making them incapable of doing anything/paralysis.She has no clue he is capable of doing this and since Prometheus does'nt have his normal gear it's is perfectly fair for me to assume that he'll use this rather quickly.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

yes you can, if the sun is in the east and I face the west, I have turned away from the sun, and I can certainly avert my eyes from any source of light by not looking directly into it or even in the direction it is coming from...so yes you can.

And this is where trolling starts,i just love how people here desperately try to cling on to even the most absurd and asinine scenarios to make sure their character wins.

The stobe effect manipulates the light in the area to affect the opponent's brain,making them incapable of doing anything/paralysis.She has no clue he is capable of doing this and since Prometheus does'nt have his normal gear it's is perfectly fair for me to assume that he'll use this rather quickly.

how it trolling when you make an asinine comment about it not being possible to turn away from light strobe or not?  nothing desperate about it, if you emit a strobe effect and I turn away from it will not affect my brain because it needs my eyes to do so, my eyes are not on it, because I have averted them.  So you are now insisting a strobe effect takes control of every photon in the area and no matter what I do I can't keep myself from seeing it as long as I'm in the room, even if I have powers that warp probability in my favor?  She doesn't need to know anything about what he can do, that's the beauty of manipulating probability and having good luck, things just tend to fall into place for you regardless of your knowledge, her powers work through her active participation, if she is fighting him her powers will activate to give her the edge.   He activates a strobe effect her powers (which increase her reaction time) cause her to avert her eyes, thus the strobe affect will be useless, and she can still fire a blind shot that have increased chances of hitting him, because that's what her power does.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

how it trolling when you make an asinine comment about it not being possible to turn away from light strobe or not? nothing desperate about it, if you emit a strobe effect and I turn away from it will not affect my brain because it needs my eyes to do so, my eyes are not on it, because I have averted them. So you are now insisting a strobe effect takes control of every photon in the area and not matter what I do I can't keep myself from seeing it as long as I'm in the room, even if I have powers that warp probability in my favor? She doesn't need to know anything about what he can do, that's the beauty of manipulating probability and having good luck, things just tend to fall into place for you regardless of your knowledge, her powers work through her active participation, if she is fighting him her powers will activate to give her the edge. He activates a strobe effect her powers (which increase her reaction time) cause her to avert her eyes, thus the strobe affect will be useless, and she can still fire a blind shot that have increased chances of hitting him, because that's what her power does.

So in other words all you can do here is keep on gambling the outcome with endless possiblities?the effect is'nt emitted.It manipulates the light in a limited area,seeing that when he used it on GL he had his back turned.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

how it trolling when you make an asinine comment about it not being possible to turn away from light strobe or not? nothing desperate about it, if you emit a strobe effect and I turn away from it will not affect my brain because it needs my eyes to do so, my eyes are not on it, because I have averted them. So you are now insisting a strobe effect takes control of every photon in the area and not matter what I do I can't keep myself from seeing it as long as I'm in the room, even if I have powers that warp probability in my favor? She doesn't need to know anything about what he can do, that's the beauty of manipulating probability and having good luck, things just tend to fall into place for you regardless of your knowledge, her powers work through her active participation, if she is fighting him her powers will activate to give her the edge. He activates a strobe effect her powers (which increase her reaction time) cause her to avert her eyes, thus the strobe affect will be useless, and she can still fire a blind shot that have increased chances of hitting him, because that's what her power does.

So in other words all you can do here is keep on gambling the outcome with endless possiblities?the effect is'nt emitted.It manipulates the light in a limited area,seeing that when he used it on GL he had his back turned.

right a limited area which means you only need not be in that within it's range to keep it from affecting you, or you could close your eyes, but I guess you have a counter to that too, right?  What do you mean it's not emitted?  It doesn't come from his helmet?  Who had their back turned?  Prometheus?  Wouldn't that mean that the helmet just emits it in all directions, that does not mean he has taken over the light in the area, he is emitting the light in the area that his strobe reaches.  Did GL look into it?  Did turning his (GL) back still cause him to be affected by it?
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

right a limited area which means you only need not be in that within it's range to keep it from affecting you, or you could close your eyes, but I guess you have a counter to that too, right? What do you mean it's not emitted? It doesn't come from his helmet? Who had their back turned? Prometheus? Wouldn't that mean that the helmet just emits it in all directions, that does not mean he has taken over the light in the area, he is emitting the light in the area that his strobe reaches. Did GL look into it? Did turning his (GL) back still cause him to be affected by it?

Prometheus had his back turned.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@entropy_aegis said:

right a limited area which means you only need not be in that within it's range to keep it from affecting you, or you could close your eyes, but I guess you have a counter to that too, right? What do you mean it's not emitted? It doesn't come from his helmet? Who had their back turned? Prometheus? Wouldn't that mean that the helmet just emits it in all directions, that does not mean he has taken over the light in the area, he is emitting the light in the area that his strobe reaches. Did GL look into it? Did turning his (GL) back still cause him to be affected by it?

Prometheus had his back turned.

then that just means the helmet can emit the effect from all sides, this does not mean you can't turn away from it or that he is somehow commanding the light in the room.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sandiego008

guys ... I took the strobe light out of the OP a while back ago ...

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sandiego008

@entropy_aegis said:

@sandiego008 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

So is domino ...

Not on his level,he owned Firestorm and Starfire with a rocket.

Again correct me if I am wrong .. but domino has only 'lost' once ... and has been around much much longer. I'm not saying either wins ... But I think domino can take a % of wins here ... weather its 75% or 5% or 0.5% ... I'm just trying to gauge it really.