Domino and Huntress vs Punisher and Nightwing.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

Rules

• In-Character
  • Win by Death, KO or Permanent Incapacitation
  • Standard Gear
  • Team has a decent amount of chemistry
  • They have no knowledge on each other, however, teammates know they're on the same team.
  • Teams know they're fighting another Team, but they don't know their position.

Battleground

• Blue X = Nightwing
  • Red X = Punisher
  • White X = Domino
  • Purple X = Huntress
No Caption Provided

Who wins?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Punisher in this map is one of those guys that camp the whole game, lol.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@ghostravage: Team 2, depending on how much Dom's powers kick in.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Experio

Team 2 in a tough fight.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AllStarSuperman

team 2

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@ghostravage honestly i see Domino being the MVP here just because her powers can be so difficult to over come... but Nightwing is the most skilled here... I hate you!

so what will win my Domino fanboyism or my Nightwing fanboyism

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seems like Nightwing would be able to see both members of team 1 at the beginning while still remaining hidden in the trees. And Punisher is already in a good shooting position.

Team 2

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huntress is the weak link I would say but I don't much about domino. Her luck powers could turn things in her teams favour.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage honestly i see Domino being the MVP here just because her powers can be so difficult to over come... but Nightwing is the most skilled here... I hate you!

so what will win my Domino fanboyism or my Nightwing fanboyism

what, exactly, are Dominos powers? Isn't it something along the lines of causality manipulation?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

@funsiized: Her powers are probability manipulation. She subconsciously gives herself good luck. Say she is being chased by a bad guy and a ceiling tile falls. She would avoid it but the tile would hit the bad guy. Her powers have done some wacky things like make lightning bolts hit sentinels. The thing is though she has to act. If she stood there in a stand off with Punisher and did nothing to dodge a bullet, she will get hit.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

The interesting thing here is starting placement. Huntress uses a crossbow, but she's at a low point. Punisher, standard gear speaking, usually seems to have some sort of assault rifle. He can cover a wide area of the battlefield without giving up too much of himself. Domino usually only has pistols if I recall, so she'll need to move closer to engage. Nightwing shouldn't have much issue with Huntress in all honesty, and the amount of cover fire and area coverage Frank has from that higher-raised building should clinch it.

Going to say team 2.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: So if she were in a fight with someone as skilled as say, Cassandra Cain. There is a chance that she would simply slip and fall on her back? Wow.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@funsiized: Her powers are probability manipulation. She subconsciously gives herself good luck. Say she is being chased by a bad guy and a ceiling tile falls. She would avoid it but the tile would hit the bad guy. Her powers have done some wacky things like make lightning bolts hit sentinels. The thing is though she has to act. If she stood there in a stand off with Punisher and did nothing to dodge a bullet, she will get hit.

Hate to get off subject but how exactly does her power work? Something has to be emanating from her body to affect the environment right? Is it subconscious telekinesis?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@god_spawn: do her powers have the same limitation as Longshot? As a fan of Longshot I'm well aware of the balance that plays in his luck ( prob manip) if for example he makes something that is a million to one shot occur than someone else nearby or close to him ( metaphorically speaking) will experience counter luck to a similar degree or several will experience counter luck that adds up to it. When for example he faced several dozen of Mogo's hunters in a mini and dodged all their weapons, a stunt woman he'd been living with died on an easy low risk stunt.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@funsiized: It's more victim of circumstances kind of thing. And my bad. She has gained a little control of her powers on some occasions. I checked over the sentinel thing, and she actually nudged the storm to hit the sentinels. But there was already a storm to begin with, and she was in danger.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

@_gaff_: Basically, but she has to act upon it. I remember a some older instances like a robot was gauging and falling to hit her. Her powers threw it up, but she herself didn't just stand there. I believe shot through someone's TK shields once, but she conveniently had a neuro scrambler to throw those types of powers or something like that. It's been awhile.

@beatboks1: I don't believe she has the backlash effect except for the opponent, not someone she may be close to. So her powers kick in on an event and then the next day Cable won't break his good arm or something like that.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Domino/Team 2.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I mean Team 1.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman1
AllStarHit-Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By mickey-mouse

Punisher shoots Huntress...They take down Domino together. I feel like Domino deserves a better teammate.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By senglord

So Domino can just get near infinite luck with no backlash to herself? Hrrrmmm, gotta give it to her. Huntress, Bertinelli, is outclassed. Helena Wayne would have Earth 2 physicals which makes her very low tier metahuman.

1. Getting splashed with nuclear heavy water after a meltdown while fighting a monster that drinks radioactive materials, after overloading said monster with the same sludge she was covered with.

2. Falling out of a flying plane at full speed and landing in the ocean without a parachute.

3. First fight with desaad. Grabs a bronze/brass curtain pole and twirls it like a toy.

4. Annual has her throwing a fire poker so hard it duly Impales someone. This was when she was thirteen iirc. And she says on panel she did not believe either of her parents when they said they did not have powers. These things do not get put there for no reason. Get ready for some truly controversial changes to the Bat family status as premier unpowered heroes.

In which case, team one has the win. And Domino is no slouch in the wet work department.

But if the prob. Manip. Is limited to small stuff, solid edge to team 2 against a more exp. Bertinelli. Helena has the physicals and the beginnings of the feats to take on Nightwing, and Domino is a little more than Castle can handle if both bring their A game.

Team 2 goes 6-6.5 out of ten with limited powers and Bertinelli.

Team 1 goes 5.5-6/10 with Helena.

Team 1 goes 7-8.5 out of ten if Domino's powers go full ham.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Thank you for your input mate.

@kidman560 Don't hate me! "Love is all you need" <3

@_gaff_ It is explicitly stated that they don't know their opponents positions. By the moment the match starts they can do whatever they would do in character to enter stealth mode. I think Huntress in that position could manage to hide rather quickly. The reason i put Punisher up there as well as being between the other 2 is because he lacks the H2H prowess Domino and Huntress have IMO, which is forwardly balanced with his shooting skills and a convenient position as far as sniping goes.

@jashro44 Why would you say Huntress is a weak link?

@joygirl How do you think things are going to play in this match? Mind making a brief elaborated response? :)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Sweet battle! I'm excited for this. Couple questions though before I weigh in?

1. And is it comic Punisher or movie Punisher as pictured?
  2. Can you define what Punisher's standard gear is though. He usually has a rifle on him but he's also always prepared. No prep Punisher carries at least a .45.
  3. Do the teammates have communication with each other like through an ear piece or something?
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Team 2.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By GhostRavage

@pokeysteve: Thank you mate!

1. Comic Punisher it is.
  2. Maybe @i_like_swords could answer that question for you, but as far as i've seen, he carries his .45, several rounds of Assault Rifle ammo as well as said weapon. Maybe a couple of explosive although im not sure about it. Knives fall within his standards as well.
  3. They don't. However, as mentioned in the OP, they do have chemistry, so hand gestures and signs may work as wireless communication if it serves of something.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Thank you mate!

1. Maybe @i_like_swords could answer that question for you, but as far as i've seen, he carries his .45, several rounds of Assault Rifle ammo as well as said weapon. Maybe a couple of explosive although im not sure about it. Knives fall within his standards as well.

You made the OP so you define the weapons here. Downside to being the OP =D

I'm slightly barely leaning towards Frank and Dick. Nightwing obviously has the best gear and skills here. Domino's luck powers are huge factor too but I don't know if she can manipulate her luck and Hel's at the same time. If not and Hel faces Nightwing she'll go down. I believe she can beat Frank in h2h assuming she disarms him. Man, good fight.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Well, i don't want to give Punisher extra gear nor leave some of his standard gear behind, so i'll prefer to wait for a Punisher expert to clarify this :P

I like your response, it's actually the first one that implies it would be a quite close fight as i saw it myself. And Thank you again mate, i hardly ever see Domino and Huntress being used around, so i opted to give them a try :)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I've read most of Punisher's (minus War Journal Vol 2) comics and consider myself one the experts here. He's my favorite character after all haha. I'd give him the .45 and knife to keep it fair. Punisher with a rifle is definitely more than Hel can handle. Not sure about Domino. I know the least about her of the 4.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Funsiized

I'm gonna look a little more before I decide.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jashro44

@ghostravage: I feel like she lacks impressive feats against top tier characters. This is just from what I have seen though.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Nice! Then you should know which gear he could have in this fight.

@jashro44 I see... Maybe someone comes and makes a for Huntress...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Yea I am hoping someone might be able to prove me wrong.