• 142 results
Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dre_Savage

Swap out the Avengers and insert the X-Men that were in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Same synopsis. They must figure out a way to shut down the portal, saving as many civilians in the process.

X-Men- Wolverine, Bishop, Storm, Colossus, Iceman, Sunspot, Warpath, Blink, Beast and Quicksilver.

Loki is flying around Chitauri hovercrafts randomly shooting things with his scepter.

Can the X-Men pull out a win?

If you game, check out Game Zone: Fan's Choice in FB.

Happy fighting.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kfabz-23

X Men wins

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23:

MVP?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Unusual_Suspect

I think the X-men can take this, but they have to have exceptional teamwork and mutual defense to pull it off.

Leadership: Wolverine is probably best suited to handle sudden intergalactic war, having multiple wars of experience, but Storm might be useful if Wolverine goes a bit too frothy in the process of shredding Chitauri that threaten civilians. If communication gets spotty, Quicksilver functions as a messenger and boots on the ground bonus.

Civilian Evac: Quicksilver can be working to clear paths for civilians to get to better-protected ground floors, while Blink can evacuate the hardest to reach and longest to escape places. Quicksilver being insanely fast in DoFP, I suspect he'll also be contributing against the Chitauri ground forces and those occupying buildings with stairs. scouting for enemies, twisting the occasional authority figure's hat backwards, etc...

Strategic and Tactical Transportation: Blink is the MVP here. Quicksilver can scout out enemy activity, and Blink can get Ground and Anti-Air forces where they will do the most good.

Mobile General Fire Support: Storm and Iceman. Storm's lightning and tornadoes could be devastating and strongly discourage (or even spook - "what the... THOR IS HERE!?!") Loki and his fellow aerial Chitauri raiders. I'm confident Storm could also eventually take down a Leviathan with her Lightning in similar ways to Thor, though I'm not sure she has quite his potency. She's a bit more consistent and broad-ranged, though, which is useful against the large number of attack craft the enemy showed in Avengers. Iceman is quick and can traverse height and distance with speed and ease, and his attacks are a reasonably wide area of effect. Storm and Iceman, working in concert, are going to have to stand in for Ironman (and a part of Thor's role), and those are big (ostentatiously gold and red) boots to fill.

Ground Forces: Wolverine, Warpath, and Beast are going to be tearing apart anything that gets close to them, and are either fast enough to evade fire or capable of regenerating through an accurate shot. Warpath and Beast might die with enough numbers or to exhaustion, but Wolverine will at least occupy a fraction of them trying to keep him dead.

Anti-Air Forces: Sunspot and Bishop are going to be the heavy hitters here, and I think Bishop absorbing Sunspot's energy will probably be the team's best defense against Leviathans (though Iceman might be close). Attackcraft grouped together will also regret such foolish tactics. This team more than replaces Hawkeye's role, and with Blink ferreting this potent duo where ranged firepower is needed most, they can remain useful long after Hawkeye ran out of arrows.

Dealing with Loki: Storm and Iceman seem the most likely duo to get Loki isolated (by freezing or t-bolting all of his nearby allies, with windstorms keeping the rest at bay), off his game (gathered lightning bolts simply has to have him checking around every corner for his "brother" and that damnable hammer...), and out of his attackcraft (bringing down the craft itself through lightning/ice, or goading him into Sunspot and bishop's full powered firing lane.

Once Loki is on the ground, Quicksilver relieves him of his staff and, assuming Quicksilver can hit hard enough, Loki's dignity in the blink of an eye, and a second or three later has it at Stark tower (assuming they have reason to know what they need and why at that point... a bit of a big if, but possible with Beast on the payroll and involved as much as the Avengers were).

This relies, however, on a great deal of teamwork, which I feel the X-Men of DoFP have displayed reasonably aptly (they died honorably, pulling off combination attacks against foes tiers above them and surviving a surprising amount of time).

I give the X-Men a 7.5 out of 10. Quicksilver's mobility is huge, and Storm has displayed some seriously wide-ranging and highly destructive feats that could help the otherwise flightless X-Men deal with the aerial mobility of the Chitauri forces. The X-Men have displayed impressive levels of destructive force (enough to convince me that Leviathans can be taken down) and enough unspoken teamwork to garner the win. Blink grants the team a level of mobility that the Avengers can only dream of, which allows their comparatively small levels of firepower (Iron Man alone is immense, and Thor's crowd control and heavy hitting/durability will be sorely missed, not to mention an unleashed hulk) to shine in all the right ways.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Granted we haven't seem him in a prolonged engagement, but QS could arguably solo.

Storm also could wipe out Chitauri en masse like Thor did

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

X-Men have no answer for the Chitauti whaleships and don't have a means to close the portal. They're also not as durable as many members of the Avengers, so one or two hits and they're going down, with the exception of Bishop and Wolverine. QS won't get tagged, but he can't really do anything on a large scale.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Exactly what he said. Nobody on this team can close the portal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't blink just use her power to redirect the beam that ipened the portal and issentially point it to open say 1 foot off the ground and block everyone or at least bottleneck them into an f5 tornado set by storm and fire ice and energy blasts by the others.

Also

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: She's never shown that level of skill to open a portal in space. She also needs to stay alive which is no small feat

dontevenblink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Blink makes a giant portal right in front of the Tessaract portal and then one on the other side of the Chitauri army and they just fly in an infinite loop trying to get to earth. :P

but in all seriousness, i think they could pull it off given Storm's lightning/etc, Wolvie's indestructibility and Bishop's firepower, along with everyone else as back up and such. this would be epic to watch. :D

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

X-Men have no answer for the Chitauti whaleships

Blink could cut them in half with her portal powers.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X Men probably lose.

The Leviathans present a MAJOR obstacle to the X-Men Team. Storm hasn't shown the destructive potential to take them out. Thor's lightning has much better feats than Storms, and he still had to buildup to take them out. On top of that, she isn't going to survive many shots from Chitauri weapons. The blasts from their hover crafts were destroying cars and ripping up the streets. Nor does she have the mobility in the air to avoid them. No one else on team X-Men is going to be able to take them down.

As well as that, the X-Men don't have the durability to survive the onslaught. The human characters in the Avengers (Hawkeye & Black Widow) had, by the end of the battle, both been removed from combat. Captain America, a superhuman, was beginning to show signs of fatigue. Even Iron Man, who has better durability feats than anyone on the X-Men team, was starting to fall. The Chitauri weapons were even holding Hulk back.

Loki himself is a major factor, as his physicals put him above most, if not all, of team X-Men.

Blink and Quicksilver are the X-Men's MVP's. However, Blink will eventually fall to superior numbers. Quicksilver can't put down the Leviathans, nor can he close the portal, so he at bests stalemates.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: She has the durability of a kid. Even if that would work she would gave to survive long enough for her to think of that.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: She never made a portal that large. They were consistently sized, so I assume thats the level her power operates at.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: She never made a portal that large. They were consistently sized, so I assume thats the level her power operates at.

She probably wouldn't need to make the portal that large. Just make a normal portal and let the leviathan cut a hole out when flying through.

@mtuske said:

@monsterstomp: She has the durability of a kid. Even if that would work she would gave to survive long enough for her to think of that.

She managed fine against sentinels, who individually wreck the Chitarui.

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men pretty easily. They have stronger ground forces, multiple air forces and Blink can make a portal for those who can't fly but can shoot. Storm can use hurricanes with precise accuracy in seconds.

If they will ever see Loki Blink would just teleport the guy in space or cut him in half. Blink can also teleport tessaract and close portal almost at the start of the battle. As i say, easy win here.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Again, I don't think it works that way. When she was making portals inside walls etc, it never cut a hole in them.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: she died eventually due to numbers. Same deal. She can't stop that portal. If Iron Man wasn't there even the Avengers fail.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr: When has she shown she can teleport people that far away?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MonsterStomp

@spector_rand: She wouldn't be making a portal in a wall, she'll make the portal in the air in front of the Leviathan.

No Caption Provided

That's my theory. The Leviathan can't fit, so only a portion of it goes through, essentially teleporting out of the second portal.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@monsterstomp: she died eventually due to numbers. Same deal.

It'll take more effort from the Chitauri, but I'd agree.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is zero reason to believe the X-Men can figure out how to close the portal without Selvig to save the day. Selvig is the real hero in Avengers.

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@sl-wopr: When has she shown she can teleport people that far away?

She made portals for Bishop to shoot sentinels that were far away. She mde a portal for Collosus to drop him on sentinel. She can make portals high enough.

The Chiauri portal wasn't in space but it led to one. That should be enough for her to send someone there. Again, it wouldn't really matter since she can just teleport the cube out of device.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr: Again not in space. Iron Man destroyed the portal at best she could delay the inevidable.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: She wouldn't be making a portal in a wall, she'll make the portal in the air in front of the Leviathan.

No Caption Provided

That's my theory. The Leviathan can't fit, so only a portion of it goes through, essentially teleporting out of the second portal.

I actually never thought of it like that. Either way, she as overwhelmed by smaller numbers of Sentinels so I highly doubt, even with different circumstances, that she would be able to hold out long enough to take out a whaleship, let alone roughly 5.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr:

The Chiauri portal wasn't in space but it led to one. That should be enough for her to send someone there.

The ships themselves were in space and a considerable distance from the portal. Evenif she could open up a portal to the portal, no one on the X-Men has the range to reach the ships.

Again, it wouldn't really matter since she can just teleport the cube out of device.

Not sure how that would work. The cube would have to go through her portal, which it can't do if it's sitting in the machine.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XMEN would win way easier than The Avengers did.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how people think the X-Men can take this, apart from the fact they can't shut the portal like Iron Mam did who is taking out all the Leviathans?

They have nothing to match Hulk, Thor and Iron Man.

They do well on the ground but in the air they're screwed.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GoldKing

@spector_rand: I imagine they'd figure out to use Loki's staff. Quicksilver could just run up the side of the building and take it from him.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: It took an expert in astro physics to deduce that. Genius level characters like Bruce Banner and Tony Stark didn't work that out, nor did excellent tacticians like Steve Rogers or Nick Fury.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close but I'll go with X-men

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@misterwhisper: She's never shown that level of skill to open a portal in space. She also needs to stay alive which is no small feat

I do not mean in space, I meant like just open one end of her portal like 3 feet above the device, intercepting the beam of it and redirect it somewhere else.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you were to put them in the same situation as the avengers, the variables that I doubt they would be able to handle are

-the leviathans

-the nuke

-some of them go down to fodder

-closing the portal

-smashing Loki

The things they might be able to counter are

-protecting the citizens

-BFR ing everything they can't handle

-schwarma

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading this I'm starting to think the Avengers won with pure luck.

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading this I'm starting to think the Avengers won with pure luck.

Interesting. Why?

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@sl-wopr: Again not in space. Iron Man destroyed the portal at best she could delay the inevidable.

@thevivas said:

@sl-wopr:

The Chiauri portal wasn't in space but it led to one. That should be enough for her to send someone there.

The ships themselves were in space and a considerable distance from the portal. Evenif she could open up a portal to the portal, no one on the X-Men has the range to reach the ships.

Again, it wouldn't really matter since she can just teleport the cube out of device.

Not sure how that would work. The cube would have to go through her portal, which it can't do if it's sitting in the machine.

Don't forget that it was Blink who was teleporting X-men all over the world before sentinels attack. Creating a portal in stratosphere shouldn't be a problem. I was talking about shooting small stuff like Leviafans and others and not mothership. Basically what Thor did near the portal. However in this case there is Storm that could start doing it right away, Bishop that could do it through Blink's portal and after Iceman and Sunspot are done helping others with small fry they join the game as well.

At the same time Blink could teleport cube or cut down machine with the portal and its over, portal will close. Thats a win.Doing so she won't delay the inevitable more so than Avengers did as mothership is far away, God knows where. There is a reason portal was used. And since Chitauri are a race and don't live all in one relatively small ship and didn't attack Earth when portal was down even though years passed it means they're really really far away. No portal = win.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 the_stegman  Moderator

Is Selvig there? Didn't he tell the Avengers how to shut down the portal? I can see him and Beast figuring it out, hell, Beast might figure it out on his own.

X-Men win.

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman solos, Quicksilver solos, Storm solos, Sunspot could possibly solo, Blink could possibly solo

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sl-wopr:

Don't forget that it was Blink who was teleporting X-men all over the world before sentinels attack. Creating a portal in stratosphere shouldn't be a problem.

But the only way the Avengers stopped the Chitauri was blowing up their mothership, and that was with a nuke. No X man has that firepower or the range to hit the ship.

I was talking about shooting small stuff like Leviafans and others and not mothership. Basically what Thor did near the portal. However in this case there is Storm that could start doing it right away

Thor's lightning is way more powerful and potent than Storm's. Her best feat would be creating the hundreds of tornadoes on X2 and creating winds strong enough to crash two Sentinel dropships in DofP. Can she deal a massive amount of damage? Yes. Will she take down a whaleship? Probably not. The problem with her, though, is Thor had the physicals(strength and durability) to survive for a long period of time against the Chitauri and their weapons. Storm doesn't have the flight speed nor the durability to last longer than, say Captain America. And he only lasted as long as he did because he wasn't engaging as much as Thor. If she gets hit by a stray shot, she's going down.

Bishop that could do it through Blink's portal and after Iceman and Sunspot are done helping others with small fry they join the game as well.

Bishop doesn't really have the damage output to help out that much. Honestly, in this scenario, Hawkeye is a better choice. He has better aim and better options with his arrows. Not to downplay Bishop or his gun, but at almost point blank, all it did was take off half the face of a Sentinel and didn't even stop it. His absorbing abilities can be overwhelmed, as shown in the movie, and they're way more Chitauri than Sentinels attacking.

And what game would Iceman and Sunspot be joining? Attacking through a portal?

At the same time Blink could teleport cube or cut down machine with the portal and its over, portal will close. Thats a win

Blink's portals don't move. They're stationary. She throws it, and for you to be teleported, you have to go through it. She can't open it on top of the machine and drop it down.

sl-wopr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

But the only way the Avengers stopped the Chitauri was blowing up their mothership, and that was with a nuke. No X man has that firepower or the range to hit the ship.

As i said in the message you didn't quote the winning has nothing to do with destruction of mothership. No, Avengers didn't win anything(except NEW york wasn't destoryed by government) by destroying mothership they won against chitauri and Loki because BW closed the portal, the portal is the key to win this little battle. But this point you quoted is crucial to defend civillians.

Thor's lightning is way more powerful and potent than Storm's. Her best feat would be creating the hundreds of tornadoes on X2 and creating winds strong enough to crash two Sentinel dropships in DofP. Can she deal a massive amount of damage? Yes. Will she take down a whaleship? Probably not. The problem with her, though, is Thor had the physicals(strength and durability) to survive for a long period of time against the Chitauri and their weapons. Storm doesn't have the flight speed nor the durability to last longer than, say Captain America. And he only lasted as long as he did because he wasn't engaging as much as Thor. If she gets hit by a stray shot, she's going down.

Storm is not alone here. And yes those tornados will stop flying whales right at the portal entrance as well as smaller fry. Colossus as her guard and QS as occasional saver of everyone on the battlefield will easily defend her if there is a need. Remember Storm doesn't have to jump high to command the sky, she can be nearby her team.

Bishop doesn't really have the damage output to help out that much. Honestly, in this scenario, Hawkeye is a better choice. He has better aim and better options with his arrows. Not to downplay Bishop or his gun, but at almost point blank, all it did was take off half the face of a Sentinel and didn't even stop it. His absorbing abilities can be overwhelmed, as shown in the movie, and they're way more Chitauri than Sentinels attacking.

Bishop showed to be capable enough to damage sentinel, the same sentinel that wasn't damaged by extreme heat and cold. Yes, his damage output is high enough especially when you consider the fact that chitauri were very weak even BW could kill them with little gun. Again, you're acting like Bishop is alone in the fight which is not the case. Avengers were helping out each other but X-men won't? And no, chitauri shown nothing to put them on sentinels firepower level, they couldn't even penetrate IM which armour isn't that tough and dents all the time during battles with lesser threats than Bishop was facing. Also remember that big numbers came because Thor didn't hold the portal in check right from the start.

And what game would Iceman and Sunspot be joining? Attacking through a portal?

Thats what i said, why?

Blink's portals don't move. They're stationary. She throws it, and for you to be teleported, you have to go through it. She can't open it on top of the machine and drop it down.

Blink can CUT things with her portals. Noone has to go through anything, if portal is opened in the middle of the tube then tube is cut in half since she rips through space and time.

As far as you don't think she can get the cube alone. The construct was on a roof so if you want to play in "cut when passthrough" you can, just a few portals and the whole device will be falling and then cut what you needed, its really simple.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mtuske

@sl-wopr: It's all moot anyway because she gets shot once and dies which is far more likely than that dream scenario you brought up. Too many things have to work perfectly for that to happen. None of the Xmen have the durabilty of Hulk, Thor or Iron Man who were doing most of the smashing except Collosus who is below them all.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand: If they're allowed to contact Xavier and/or Magneto, they could figure it out. If not, then I'm not sure XMEN could close the portal, but they'd certainly be able to beat Loki. They have Beast, though. He's pretty smart.

Otherwise, Blink could probably open a portal in front of the alien portal that just sends them back to where they came from. If she can keep it open, they'll never be able to come all the way through.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Spector_Rand

@goldking: Magneto, Xavier and beast aren't smarter than the Avengers best.

She couldn't stop all of them, and you could see a whole warship with multiple Leviathans coming through. They would get overwhelmed, just as the more powerful Avengers were, but they don't have a nuke to terminate the fleet or a way to close the portal.