DOFP - WOULD THE AVENGERS DO BETTER AND VICE VERSA

• 60 results
jazzleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently watched xmen days of future past, and I wondered, if we were to swap the characters from the avengers movie into the setting of xmen to fight the adaptive sentinels etc would they fair better,, also would would the xmen be able to overcome the chitauri onslaught. Movie characters only, however full use of characters attributes and powers, feats etc allowed to be referenced

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kyrees

thor and hulk gets overwhelmed and the other avengers get oneshotted.

x-men DOFP gets overwhelmed if they don't find loki's scepter or they get nuked instead.

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe they could pull it off.But i think Hawkeye and Widow would most likely get killed during the battle as well as Cap.Ironman with Hulk and Thor is a 99% win.As for the xmen,if they dont have a nuke or someone who can breath in space and has distant projectile abilities,dont see dat happening

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Strider1992

The Avengers could probably take the Sentinels for the simple reason they were designed to copy and adapt powers from Homo-Superiors IIRC. The Avengers not being mutants the Sentinels wouldn't be able to absorb powers and adapt so Hulk, Thor and Iron Man could probably make short work of them.

As someone said earlier DOFP X-men can win if they don't get overwhelmed and know about the scepter.

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers would take it... Thor's a god, Hulks a gamma radiated human being, and Iron Man is a guy in a fancy suit who tanked Mjolnir hits and thunder blasts. The Sentinels aren't doing crap to those 3 at all.

The X-Men would have lost to Loki and Chitauri. I don't see how any of them are putting the giant space whale down.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nwname  Moderator

@kyrees: @jazzleez No. Thor and hulk will stomp sentinels. Ironman can solo them too. Sentinels can be damaged by bishops tiny explosions. Ironmans mini rockets>>>bishops explosions. He can spam them. 5 secs fight.

X man will die. 1 leviathan is enough.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Stompa

@strider92: I don't think that is how the sentinels worked. IIRC the got the adopting power through mystiques mutation but they simply adopted and healed but I don't think that was limited to mutants power. I don't think their adapting would make a difference between Thor's and storms lighting. For the sake of the op I assume the sentinels would recognize the avenger as "mutants" or they wouldn't attack in the first place.

For the x men in the avengers-verse I see them having a good chance if they have the same knowledge as the avengers had in the movie otherwise they get overwhelmed eventually. If they have the same knowledge with the staff they have it even easier thanks to blink. She would simply port the nuke into the portal.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: the sheer number of DOFP sentinels would prove to be a bane against thor and hulk

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: the sheer number of DOFP sentinels would prove to be a bane against thor and hulk

because the sheer number of Aliens weren't?

I mean the Sentinels had showing... but.. to what? None of the feats from any of the X-Men in all 6-7 movies put them on Thor, Hulk, or Iron Man's levels during the Avengers. Movie-Verse Hulk could solo the entire movie-verse X-Men... The Sentinels aren't putting him down... "I put a bullet in my own head, and the other guy spit out the bullet." Banner

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kyrees

@xbleeding_edgex: we know that the chitauri would have been a few hundred based on the space whales they showed but the DOFP sentinels would have literally been on the upper hundreds or thousands based on how many those carriers were and how many each carrier were spewing out sentinels.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I'm pretty sure the Chitauri were numbering in the thousands to tens of thousands. Why would an action as drastic as nuking home soil be taken if it was just a couple hundred bad guys and the Avengers were going through them like fodder?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kyrees

@rick_grayson: the nuke protocol was a hasty decision on nicky fury's superiors. they have no idea how many were the chitauri, assumed it's full scale invasion and the avengers has barely shown anything to be trusted upon at the time of their decision

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xbleeding_edgex: yeah the chitauri were actually overwhelming the avengers and they said it themselves. When the chitauri ganged up on hulk on the rooftop their assault was clearly taking its toll on him. The same would happen with the sentinels just they aren't slapped away like the aliens, because they can take a lot more punishment and are more durable. Yes hulk as Thor are powerful then any member of the x-men but not by such a huge margin that any of them could solo them and neither was shown as completly invulnerable but highly durable. And iron man might be powerful but he would run out of juice and ammo long before the sentinels would be defeated.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I still think the number must be in the thousands. Bear in mind that it's not just all of the forces we see on the ground, Thor was taking out large numbers at a time while bottlenecking the portal and ofcourse Iron Man had to direct a nuke outside of the portal to stop their advance. They had a whole army descending on the portal which the Xmen will have to find a way to deal with.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rick_grayson: i can very well assume DOFP sentinels are in the millions because they are going all out in exterminating the last mutants on earth. either way, i only refer to what is shown and i won't assume anything way beyond that.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't the Chtauri have metal on them? If so then magneto could be a huge problem. Also he could just send the nuke right up the portal pretty effortlessly. Then the Chitauri are weak to lightning, and thats something storm could spam, or hundreds of tornadoes, a blizzard, etc. Wolverine could easily take Caps place, Kitty finds the sceptor, Bishop absorbs the Chitauri energy attacks and takes out a hundred or so, Iceman does iceman things, blink runs interference, and professor x could potentially mind rape them all. Xmen stomp avenger verse, same can't be said for the Avengers.

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto takes out the leviathans, Bishop absorbs their energy staffs, Kitty gets the scepter, Colossus is a weaker Hulk, Wolverine is a better Cap, and Blink runs interference

TheNoobStomper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage said:

Don't the Chtauri have metal on them? If so then magneto could be a huge problem. Also he could just send the nuke right up the portal pretty effortlessly. Then the Chitauri are weak to lightning, and thats something storm could spam, or hundreds of tornadoes, a blizzard, etc. Wolverine could easily take Caps place, Kitty finds the sceptor, Bishop absorbs the Chitauri energy attacks and takes out a hundred or so, Iceman does iceman things, blink runs interference, and professor x could potentially mind rape them all. Xmen stomp avenger verse, same can't be said for the Avengers.

How are we supposed to know if the Chitauri armor is made out of metal? Until now,Agents Of SHIELD have shown many of the alien artifacts(including a Chitauri helmet) and a bunch of them to be non metallic.Storm could indeed spam lighting bolts but she is not as durable as Thor was,and she doesnt have a way of blocking the laser beams like Thor did with Mjolnir.Either way,the Xmen got pawned by the Sentinels,and the sentinels actually engaged in close combat most of the times.I dont see why the Chitauri cant take em.They have the tech,the numbers and the will to do it.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenoobstomper: Chitauri <<<<<<Sentinels. And I'm pretty sure they have some form of metal on them, but in all honesty Prof X solos.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how many Sentinels there are. How many were there in DoFP, like 4?

Cap, Widow and Hawkeye die...immediately. Unless for some reason, Cap's shield can penetrate the Sentinels, then I guess with some of his agility and accuracy feats in Captain America 2, he could potentially knock'em all out in a few seconds.

However, putting that PIS to the side, he, along with Widow and Clint die. Fast.

Iron Man should die too. Again, it depends on the Sentinels initial durability, and if they can withstand Tony's attacks, especially if he hits hard from the get go. Otherwise, Tony was outmatched in th first IM against Monger. If it wasn't for the ice trick and dude yapping away, he could've killed Tony. You see he crushed Tony's helmet like nothing, I'd imagine a Sentinel could do that too.

Now Thor has some good feats against the Frost Giants. He went through like 50 of them in the first Thor. But I still think he gets overwhelmed. His use of lightning in the movies took some time, and I can't see the Sentinels standing around for him to conjure it up. A Mjolnir throw should knock him down, definitely, but barring Mjolnir flying through the Sentinel (much like if Cap's shield can penetrate them), I just don't see it happening. Not movie versions.

Lastly, Hulk has some soeed and strength feats, especially downing the Chitauri space whale. He's their only hope. But he'd have to move and pound, move and pound. If he tries to arm wrestle a Sentinel (as in back and forth grapple/outmuscle one), then in theory, the Sentinel should adapt to his growing strength and potentially become a step above him before he gets there. This is a trickier theory...

In conclusion, if the shield and Mjolnir can pierce the Sentinel's, and they go hard from the jump, they can win. Otherwise, they die.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto turns the aliens inside out and if they're somehow not metallic? (Which they totally seemed to be.) He uses Manhattan itself to shotgun the portal.

The Avengers are in a different position. The sentinels used mystique's mutation to adapt to any opponent they face. Will that work on them? I have no clue.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hulkage

@kyrees: @rickbarry: If professor X is in Cerebro he solos everyone including Sentinels.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kyrees

@hulkage: cerebro has only shown affecting human minds not A.I.s

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nwname  Moderator

@hulkage: A leviathan >>>>>>> sentinels. Leviathans destroyed big parts of skyscrappers with ease. Leviathans armour wishtanded ironmans most powerful lazer with ease. Sentinels can be easily damaged. Bishop damaged them with tiny explosions. I think 2-3 granades can kill a sentinel.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nwname  Moderator

@dre_savage: No. Sentinels can't kill ironman. He only took cosmetic damage from a tank shell. And no sentinels cant tank tonys attacks. They don't have good durablity feat.

Thor and hulk can easily solo them.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the sentinels cant copy their powers, Avengers.

X-Men.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: And that would also kill Chitauri. Lightning was oneshotting Leviathans and Storm can easily spam it.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nwname  Moderator

@hulkage: But lightning that killed leviathans was HUGE. Stoms lightnings in movies are tiny.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Avengers can take the Sentinels, not sure how anyone (except maybe Storm) is hurting the Leviathan's from the X-men side of things.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: The lightining wasn't that big it was just on a chain the hit all of em. Something storm did in the 3rd Xmen Movie. She was also killing Sentinals with her lightning. Then theres the fact that storm could create hundreds of tornadoes effortlessly and blizzards (X2: United) so Storm and Magneto tag team the Chitauri. If Professor X is in Cerebro he solo's with a potential to solo without it.

Avatar image for deathstroke_terminater
deathstroke_terminater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the avengers could take the future sentinels

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sentinels would be absolutely useless against the Avengers.

I like my coffee how I like myself, Dark, bitter, and too hot for you.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not a battle.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2:

Yet he was rag dolled around by Whiplash in IM2 and had his helmet crushed effortlessly by Monger in the first one.

The Sentinel, prior to copying Colossus' power in DoFP was able to match him in strength. So if IM locks arms with one, he dies.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees:

@kyrees said:

@hulkage: cerebro has only shown affecting human minds not A.I.s

Actually in X2 professor froze electronics on two occasions. He froze everyone in the mall including the TV and he froze everyone in the white house and the technology was shut off as well.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers could win but Hawkeye, Widow, and Cap get killed. Iron Man survives.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers win, X-men lose.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't the Avengers take the Sentinels since the Sentinels only adapt to the mutants?

I think X-Men could survive the Chitauri invasion, but unlike the Avengers a huge portion of the team would die.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nwname  Moderator

@dre_savage: That only shows iron monger and whiplash is powerful. Iron monger shoted ironman a big rocket and it did nothing. Even his mark 3 armour can tank large missles and tank shells without that much problem.

Movie Ironman>>>>>Movie Colossus.

Colossus doesn't have any strenght feat other than throwing wolverine. Ironman lifted 4 tons with sh@#y old arc reactor with only %12 energy while most of the energy was given to flight. He moved huge hellicarriers propeller fast enough to fly helli.

Sentinels probably can't adapt to avengers powers. Avengers stomps sentinels. They are overrated.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nwname  Moderator

Thor - stomps sentinels. He kills them like frostgiants.

Hulk - easily defeats them. Like he did to loki but they are not durable as loki so this will kill them.

Ironman - He can take all of them easily with minirocket spam.

Rest of avengers - Ded.

Xmen - Most of the team dies. Idk who can kill a leviathan.

Dre_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dre_Savage

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2:

First off, to anyone that's saying the Sentinels can't adapt, this may be true, but I think when people use them, it's with the idea that they're able to adapt. Otherwise, they're just big robots with no real feats.

Now, RandomNameGuy, I think it comes down to what blasts/attacks can damage the Sentinels. I honestly don't remember Bishop blasting one, but if he did, then it does open the door to Tony firing missiles and doing the same.

Question, didn't the Sentinels repair itself or something, or it tanked someone's hit and then did something, didn't it?

But yes, whether or not they can/ or the poster says they can adapt, IF Tony's weapons can penetrate or damage then, then yes, with flight and an ego-less approach, he can potentially do some damage. HOWEVER, I stand by my word that if they get their hands on him, he dies.

Hulk and Thor could potentially down them too, but it'll take a game plan. I don't think anyone is solo'ing.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage:

that supposed freezing of appliances around the people he talks to is only a psychological effect to his target because if it were really happening like that, the people around that target would have noticed a significant amount of interruption. do remember that those interruption lasted minutes and everyone would notice that appliances and such malfunctioning accordingly.

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. Tony Stark reprograms them to be his personal armor test dummies.
But serious question. Do the Sentinels come pre equipped with the powers they had in DOFP?

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ghost_rider1

Actually, Professor X could use Cerebro and mindrape the Chitauri and kill them all.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghost_rider1: that doesn't stop the assault. the portal would still be open and the chitauri would just continue pouring in. if professor X only does that, the incoming nuke targeted to hit the chitauri would decimate new york

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor Hulk or Iron Man can solo the sentinels. There wern't many of them and their adaption feats are nothing to the avengers.

I can see Magneto soloing the Chitauri by crushing the space whale or throwing the nuke into the portal. Storm could help same with Xavier

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Avengers could probably take the Sentinels for the simple reason they were designed to copy and adapt powers from Homo-Superiors IIRC. The Avengers not being mutants the Sentinels wouldn't be able to absorb powers and adapt so Hulk, Thor and Iron Man could probably make short work of them.

As someone said earlier DOFP X-men can win if they don't get overwhelmed and know about the scepter.

I agree.

Actually, Professor X could use Cerebro and mindrape the Chitauri and kill them all.

Ummm, I don't think he would do that in character.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only people in the Avengers that would be able to do some damage are Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man. Hulk could potentially be overwhelmed, like he was by the Chitauri, but he's was stronger than Colossus or Warpath or anyone the Sentinels fought. Thor would probably do better than Hulk, imo, because he can shoot lightning, create tornados, block they're blasts with Mjolnir, and he can fly with them. Yes, Bishop's gun did damage to a Sentinel, but point blank, all he did was take off part of its shoulder and face. Iron Man's weapons would do more damage, but again, all of them can be overrun by sheer numbers, which the Sentinels have. Don't know if Thor or Iron Man could survive being stabbed by a Sentinel or Sentinels, so there's that.

X-Men would lose, bad. They don't have the firepower or range to hold back the Chitauri. They would rely on Blink too much for maneuverability around the city, Storm can't fly as fast as Iron Man and isn't as durable, and they don't have the firepower to down a Whale ship. If Magneto can manipulate the metal in their helmets, and that's if it is indeed like normal metal, then they have a chance, but they would need to cover and protect Erik the whole time, and the Chitauri would catch that.

All in all, Avengers have a better chance at winning than the X-Men, but would still have a rough time winning, especially if they fought at that temple in China.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@dre_savage: You have good points. They can kill tony if he doesn't fly and shoot minirockets.

Hulk and Thor can probably solo. Hulk can easily kill them. He can smash them like chitauri soldiers. They don't have good durability feats without adabting. But he can kill max 5 of them without getting cut by sentinels sword arm.

Thor can kill them very easily. Mjølnir can pierce them like frost giants. He destroyed part of a forest when he hit caps shield. He can one-shot them like that.