DOFP Sentinels vs movie villains

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hulkbuster94

I know everyone is sick of these sentinels i think they are over used in threads but i am going to make it really interesting in this battle there are 2000 sentinels and they will be battling a list of movie villains the list are as follows the battle ground is the the setting of the Dofp movie they have seen sentinel ships moving closer and as the last of earths heroes have died fighting the sentinels the villains now fear for their lives they all suit up and band together for one final battle who wins and why.

Silver Samurai (the wolverine) he has his full adamantium armor and has his sword that heats up completely

Venom (spider man 3)

Green Goblin (Willem Defoe) he has his glider and 60 pumpkin bombs and what other weapons used

Abomination (the incredible hulk)

Destroyer (Thor Movie)

Winter Soldier (Full Weapon Layout)

Whiplash (iron man 2) he has his drone army

Aldrich Killian (Has 50 Extremis Soldiers)

Electro ( the amazing spiderman 2)

Red Skull (100 Hydra Troops) Fully Equipped with their blaster guns from the first avenger movie

Loki (avengers) Has scepter

Sabretooth (Xmen Wolverine Origins)

Doctor Doom (Fantastic Four movie)

Juggernaut( X Men Last stand)

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbuster94: how many sentinels, and I think they can go through and a good number before defeat

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Sentinels stomp.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you have any reasons for why you think the sentinels stomp there is a good few people who could fight them for a while i would like to see some reasons :) i know what the sentinels are capable of but the villains have a good chance

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool battle, Silver Samurai, Electro and Abomination are going to be the Heavy Hitters here.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentinels will destroy

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good to see people giving a good debate.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Thorverine

Silver Samurai--The adamantium would be a nice defense. I imagine he could be frozen eventually. Certainly at least enough to cool off the sword. I give him 5 kills before he is frozen.

Venom incapacitates two and then is killed.

Green Goblin blows up two and then is killed.

Abomination takes out twenty before he is fried.

Destroyer kills ten before he is frozen.

Winter Soldier teams up with Electro to take one out.

Whiplash takes one out.

He had 40 drones, I think? They each had some type of bomb. I'll give them 10 kills each.

Killian and his soldiers take out 5.

Red Skull and his troops take out 25.

Sabretooth kills one.

Juggy kills one.

Doom was a bit tricky. I'll give him 5 kills. That leaves 498 down let's call it 500. Loki has his sceptor and is creating illusions like mad. He kills 100. They bury him in ice. He's frost giant. This does not stop him. They repeat the process and he gets another hundred down. Then they fry him. Best I can do for the team is get them to 700 kills.

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Samurai--The adamantium would be a nice defense. I imagine he could be frozen eventually. Certainly at least enough to cool off the sword. I give him 5 kills before he is frozen.

Whiplash takes one out.

He had 40 drones, I think? They each had some type of bomb. I'll give them 10 kills each.

Sabretooth kills one.

Juggy kills one.

Doom was a bit tricky. I'll give him 5 kills. That leaves 498 down let's call it 500. Loki has his sceptor and is creating illusions like mad. He kills 100. They bury him in ice. He's frost giant. This does not stop him. They repeat the process and he gets another hundred down. Then they fry him. Best I can do for the team is get them to 700 kills.

Red Skull and troops no way and hell are taking out 25, they will be lucky to destroy 1 FFS lol

Infact, I can't see anyone here combined destroy more than 1.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To many sentinels

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@copete:

Maybe I took some liberties, but I figure the villians are in some type of hide out awaiting the attack in the best tactical position possible, where the Sentinel can't gain access in mass. Only a limited number of Sentinels gain entrance at once. In an arena setting, the villians are toast, with the exception of Loki and the illusions who can survive a bit and of course the bombs inside the drones.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the reason i picked this list is because as much as i liked the xmen in the movie dofp they were nerfed and the strongest of them was colossus who wasn't really given many feats from earlier movies in comic form he is 100 tons but in the movie it doesn't even give you much detail he didn't even look like 25 tons that is why this list was the choice because the versatility of the characters and the fact they are working together i see abomination take out maybe a good couple of 100 as he stood toe to toe with hulk in the 2008 film and i picture green goblin Whiplash and electro as air support while the others are the ground force of the battle :) i should have specified in more detail the layout sorry guys

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whiplash takes one out.

Sabretooth kills one.

Juggy kills one.

Didn't 1 of Norman's pumpkin bombs melt half a dozen people to ash? That being said, two or three should 1 shot a Sentinel, thus allowing a lot more kills, considering he has 60 bombs (and they all have AOE)

Abomination and Destroyer both rely on brute force, something the Sentinels have never shown to be able to fully adapt to. They most they got was Colossus's metal skin. And both Abomination and Destroyer are a hell lot stronger than Colossus.

The Extremis soldiers were using their bare hands to rips apart Stark's sturdiest armor with ease. They deserve more kills. Maybe 20 for the whole group?

If Doom has Surfer's powers, he kills a lot more. Otherwise, 5 is good.

I feel you are vastly overestimating Loki. Where does he get the firepower to take down 200 Sentinels?

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just normal doom i will allow him to hold the power he uses to energy blast Silver surfer

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii:

Thanks for the feedback.

Fair point on Loki. Again, I took more liberties. I was giving him Odin's weapon, but even with the weapon from Thor I, he was blasting Frost Giants. If he sweeps a ray across and the Sentinels are confused where it comes from, I give him a lot of kills, or at least leg shots for incapacitation. Granted 200 is best case scenario.

You are correct, I did not give Doom the board, where he was a total beast. Makes sense to do so to make it closer. How many kills would he get with the board?

I had Osborne being hit before he could do much damage, agree his potential is there, if he can scoot around for a while.

It took the Extremis guys a bit to heat things up, while they are working on a Sentinels leg, I figure they get shot. My number was random and yours is quite reasonable. I feel all of these kills are really a range.

I have Apoc and Destroyer right where the Sentinel boxes are landing going all out until they are overwhelmed in freeze ray. What number would you put them at? I could see Apoc going as high as 50. Destroyer, I'm not sure. He got temporarily stopped by Sif, so if he stalls at all, he's in a block of ice.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm as the death box abomination and destroyer might get about 150 kills each as the feats abomination had in that one fight with the hulk shows he had durability and destroyer has that face disintegrater thing so i would say that could slow the numbers down and at least take a slim majority i tried to make this battle as even as i possibly could without giving either side advantages over one another do you think 2000 sentinels is too one sided? i seen days of future past on release day and i believe they are gonna give the villains and vice versa a good battle just hard as the X men were a shadow of their comic book counter part and the villains showed to be quite good in terms of what they were capable of.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkbuster94:

I do feel 2000 is an overwhelming number, but I'm not sure we've discussed this enough. My 700 number was really meant to just get the discussion going, kind of keep modifying the number from there. Did you intend for Doom to have the board? You've pushed this up to near 1000 with the addtional Abomination/Destroyer kills. Your points are not unreasonable. Abomination was a beast. Going full bloodlusted, he'd grab a Sentinal box and smash it. Grab a second and toss it into a third. Clearly, there'd be some heavy Sentinel damage after that to the units in the containers. Eventually, enough Sentinels would hit the ground to get him. Destroyer could also nail some boxes in the air and shoot a sweeping shot to get a whole bunch. I'd have him hanging back trying to give Apoc cover. I do question his durability though. I mean I love Sif, but Destroyer did get effectively stall for a bit. Interesting thread. Does everyone agree, we are up to 1000 destroyed Sentinel units?

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hulkbuster94

Hey Thorverine thanks for the good debating on this thread :) i do believe some of the characters will be fodder like the extremis soldiers but i do think as a faction or unit could get a decent number of kills the reason i gave the hydra dudes their guns from the first avenger as i seen the power bishops gun from dofp had the same kind of power to me the thing about loki is he is a schemer and his durability is quite good as he was pounded on quite harshly by hulk thor iron man cap stood toe to toe but i suppose the latter feat was him wanting to be captured. and i think about 1000 of the sentinels have been killed i reckon the casualties from the villains are venom Red Skull Winter soldier after a tough drawn battle and i would probably add Killian juggernaut and sabertooth to the list aswell.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any time buddy, I enjoy this thread.

So we are at 1000 without Doom having Surfer's board. He was really powered up on that board. I think that gives us another 100 kills. What do you think?

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm I agree yeah that is a good call i didn't know if giving him the board would be spite but i suppose we could as without he pretty much gets slaughtered lol

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, I'm overdue to rewatch that movie anyway lol. I need to comeback with some board feets for Doom, although once seperated from the board, I do remember it was trouble.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

or maybe no board, and add Kurse. He was such a beast......

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha yeah the fantastic four movies get slammed but i generally think they are fun to watch, the second one peeved people as galactus was a giant cloud that ate planets lol but it would look silly if he was a massive giant that wore a massive purple helmet lol

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentinels

Win

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse was a beast I feel doc doom was a bit silly in the movies might replace him with kurse from dark world yeah i will do Doctor doom has been replaced by kurse. that should be a tad fairer

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha yeah the fantastic four movies get slammed but i generally think they are fun to watch, the second one peeved people as galactus was a giant cloud that ate planets lol but it would look silly if he was a massive giant that wore a massive purple helmet lol

Agree, the movies must be given the freedom to exist on their own and not be tied completely to the book.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorverine: So what would you say your favorite comic book film of the last 10 years is?

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Thorverine

@hulkbuster94:

For me it's Avengers. I need to see DOFP and Winter Solider some more. I'm also a massive fan of Dark Knight Rises. I mean, the whole trilogy was unbelievably good and Heath's Joker is I think the best villian ever, but Rises is my favorite of the Trilogy. Iron Man is another classic, but the way they brought the 4 players together, was great movie making. How about yourself? I pretty much like them all. Watched Batman Begins yet again last night lol.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i don't have a specific favorite i have seen all the marvel movies upto now in the cinema basically i would say my fav dc movie would be the watchmen that was awesome i liked batman begins and the dark knight but i thought dark knight sort of ruined me with plot holes tom hardy's acting is awesome and he was awesome as bane :) and winter soldier was freaking awesome seen it with 2 of my friends on day of release it was really gritty well acted and choreographed.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii:

Thanks for the feedback.

No problem. Thanks for being so polite.

Fair point on Loki. Again, I took more liberties. I was giving him Odin's weapon, but even with the weapon from Thor I, he was blasting Frost Giants. If he sweeps a ray across and the Sentinels are confused where it comes from, I give him a lot of kills, or at least leg shots for incapacitation. Granted 200 is best case scenario.

Sentinels have tanked exploding jets and supernova style blasts without a scratch. Simply shooting them with Gungnir won't do much, considering its been shrugged off by Avengers (whose durability pales in comparison to the Sentinels). His illusions will help, as will his portals, but Blink tried stalling in a similar fashion and failed against a couple dozen.

You are correct, I did not give Doom the board, where he was a total beast. Makes sense to do so to make it closer. How many kills would he get with the board?

Well, he wiped the floor with the FF, and Surfer was able to revive the dead, indicating his power set. I'd say Power Cosmic grant's Doom, maybe 60? Perhaps more.

I had Osborne being hit before he could do much damage, agree his potential is there, if he can scoot around for a while.

Spider-Man had trouble catching up to his glider, and if its one thing Sentinels lack, its speed and precision. Greeny will probably run out of bombs before the Sentinels catch up with him.

It took the Extremis guys a bit to heat things up, while they are working on a Sentinels leg, I figure they get shot. My number was random and yours is quite reasonable. I feel all of these kills are really a range.

Again, the Sentinels never showed any form of immunity against simply being ripped apart or pounded into oblivion. The others could cover the Extremis while they heat.

I have Apoc and Destroyer right where the Sentinel boxes are landing going all out until they are overwhelmed in freeze ray. What number would you put them at? I could see Apoc going as high as 50. Destroyer, I'm not sure. He got temporarily stopped by Sif, so if he stalls at all, he's in a block of ice.

I'm guessing the first thing the Sentinels are going to do is try and stab the Destroyer or Abomination. And since no way in hell that's going to work, then they'll try maybe lasers or fire. Destroyer is immune and Abomination is resilient, so they'll probably keep pounding away. Remember, the Sentinels only uses attacks that are "super effective", like fire against ice, so they probably wont pull a freeze on Destroyer. I'd say 150 for both combined till the sheer number drops them.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JediXMan  Moderator

Do you have any reasons for why you think the sentinels stomp there is a good few people who could fight them for a while i would like to see some reasons :) i know what the sentinels are capable of but the villains have a good chance

Because the team will simply get overwhelmed by sheer numbers. Think about it this way: each person on your team will have to face over 140 Sentinels.

Destroyer is the only real problem, since he's immune to physical attacks, but since the Sentinels can adapt to energy, they should be able to get around that.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JediXMan  Moderator

Didn't 1 of Norman's pumpkin bombs melt half a dozen people to ash? That being said, two or three should 1 shot a Sentinel, thus allowing a lot more kills, considering he has 60 bombs (and they all have AOE)Sentinels.

That happened once. Since then, Peter was able to tank pumpkin bombs and Harry tanked a bomb. So either that was PIS, or Peter's durability was enough to survive it - and if he could, a Sentinel would have no problem.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii:

Good points one and all. My only concern is the Destroyer. Sif stalled it with a sword, I think. If it's in a melee fight, I think it could go down quicker. I think it's best deployed at range.

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that is probably true i don't know how they will adapt to abomination they copied colossus's steal form i don't think the can adapt to pure power plus the sentinels can lose limbs and are unable to heal from it :) just an idea i mean it is hard to try and match people from different universes but i believe as the team are working together they stand a 40 to 60 chance of surviving as the power the team hold are more of that than the x men and that they while the numbers game may be against them the environment may work to their advantage also as it would funnel the sentinel fleet in to that area and they could work units into the fight like hydra troops reign fire from different positions although you may be right Jedi X man what do you think of the thread overall?

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2000 sentinels means hell on earth

hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha i don't know man thought it would actually be a good fight lol but it depends i think the villains could definitely stale mate them they have a few power houses with good durability

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroyer alone should be able to solo or at least beat most of them.

His blast would one shot any sentinel. Only Mjolnir could take the Destroyer blast. I don't how Sentinels can adapt to magic. Also you can't really stop him. Sif pierced it with her Asgardian spear but we know what happened next. There is no prof that Freezing would work on him as he is literally burning inside.

Juggernaut and Abomination should be able to rip loads of sentinels as well. Maybe 50-100, probably more. Sentinels are strong, but they can't adapt THAT kind of strength. They can make themselves even more resilient. But they still get smashed.

Silver Samurai and his sword would bust some of them up as well. Adamantium armor is useful here. But he will get overrun before long. Freezing him should work.

Loki and his Scepter should be able kill a couple also. Until he is overrun.

Doom, Winter Soldier, Red Skull, Venom, Sabretooth, Killian, Wiplash, Goblin and their minions are canon fodder. They should be able kill at least 100 Sentinels as well. Specially the extremis guys.

The only one that I'm not sure of is Electro. How would they adapt to him? He will kill at least 20-30 Sentinels before he overloads and dies. He is difficult to catch.

Sentinels loose.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how the sentinels lose. Destroyer seems like the biggest problem here, but 2,000 of the sentinels from that movie over whelm it almost instantly.

Juggernaut was a mutant in the film and thus would be immediately taken out of the fight. I don't see him being any more difficult to drop than Colossus.

Abomination rumbled with Hulk sure, but he lost and these sentinels had impressive strength feats as well as massive energy projection.

Silver Samurai has adamantium armor which makes the armor hard to damage. Couldn't they just burn the guy up inside without much effort?

Loki has the scepter, but if Blink (who had impressive teleporting feats) was overwhelmed by 3 sentinels...how well is he going to do? I mean he actually thought he could beat The Hulk. Guy got owned. Any sentinel could bash him about just as easily.

The rest aren't even worth mentioning.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@thetruthiii said:

Didn't 1 of Norman's pumpkin bombs melt half a dozen people to ash? That being said, two or three should 1 shot a Sentinel, thus allowing a lot more kills, considering he has 60 bombs (and they all have AOE)Sentinels.

That happened once. Since then, Peter was able to tank pumpkin bombs and Harry tanked a bomb. So either that was PIS, or Peter's durability was enough to survive it - and if he could, a Sentinel would have no problem.

It's been a long time since I've seen the "old" Spider Man, but if I recall correctly, the bomb Harry/Peter tanked blew up grenade-style, which is unlike the anatomy of the pumpkin bomb Norman threw at the Oscorp executives, which seemed to flash the victims into dust. So I think they're different bombs entirely.