k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Grey56 said:

@k4tzm4n: Most triathletes good with projectiles (rocks, staplers or other office supplies) could take Gambit. I would even take most BJJ black belts over him. Seriously.

I'm going to assume that's sarcasm, otherwise:

@Mister_Sensational said:

Good job Gregg, you finally gave these Bat fanboys' idol a victory so they'd stop trashing you here in the comments section. Although quite frankly I've agreed with every outcome you've come up with thus far in these battles including this one.

Keep 'em coming!

Thank you. I was torn between Remy or Daredevil for this month -- both received a high number of requests.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Grey56

@k4tzm4n:Nah, no sir - I'm not being sarcastic to a degree which would inherently undermine the idea. And the notion remains the same; Remy is a terrible choice for ground grappling or hand to hand combatives. Assuming any real power measure of his projectiles were that of the same force (however physically quantified) behind those in a mechanized weapon (or close approximate to) - how could you realistically expect him to measure him up to someone wearing Kevlar/Nomex IBA and has in fact said martial skill? Eye rolling aside - I don't really expect objectivity from someone with Gambit in their profile picture.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Grey56 said:

@k4tzm4n:Nah, no sir - I'm not being sarcastic to a degree which would inherently undermine the idea. And the notion remains the same; Remy is a terrible choice for ground grappling or hand to hand combatives. Assuming any real power measure of his projectiles were that of the same force (however physically quantified) behind those in a mechanized weapon (or close approximate to) - how could you realistically expect him to measure him up to someone wearing Kevlar/Nomex IBA and has in fact said martial skill? Eye rolling aside - I don't really expect objectivity from someone with Gambit in their profile picture.

So because I like Gambit I'm biased? I can't help but laugh at that remark, especially considering this entire feature proves I can debate about the character without letting personal preference get in the way. Gambit has given decent to good fights against the likes of Daredevil, Blade, Wolverine, Batroc, Crossbones, The Marauders and much more. I clearly don't think he wins this fight (as you can tell by the entire feature), but to think he's as pathetic as you imply isn't true at all. I'd recommend reading Fabian's run if you haven't done so to get a better understanding of the character as a combatant. Or, you could simply locate one of his respect threads.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Grey56

@k4tzm4n: Then why conduct an article which is so clearly one sided without any real need for arithmetic or analytical thought. While I have not read the story you mention - why would I need then to read something (which I assume is accepted as canonical) when the preponderance of the evidence from all other media indicates he is as in fact martially inept as I infer. I haven't been reading comics since breakfast as I'm sure you haven't, either. That said - out of all my readings from X related genre (which is not a little - even alternate universes a la Age of Apocalypse where Remy plays a more considerable role) and that of others for comparative purposes I'm left with little inclination aside from what I intoned in my first post.

I'm not attempting to troll you. I'd rather not anger folks whom give of their time to the site and even more so to open themselves up to public scrutiny by openly contributing via articles and commentary. I simply feel very strongly about it. Hopefully you don't feel as if this is the '' I'm using the interwebz to feel powerful by makin' funz of others !! '' spiel. That said, thank you for the article, sir.

CuddlyPlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By CuddlyPlane

As much of an Xmen fan as I am, this one is kind of a joke... Batman would have to be drunk to even remotely come close to losing this

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Walzo

Maybe K4 should just stop doing these threads, since people obviously can't deal with whoever wins.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Grey56:

Then why conduct an article which is so clearly one sided without any real need for arithmetic or analytical thought.

Just because there's a clear victor doesn't mean it's not an interesting discussion worth having IMHO. It's clear Wolverine beats Batman, yet it's still fun to analyze the different advantages each brings to the table and how it would play out given the setting -- or at least I believe it's fun, and seeing as the Battles section is a popular place, I'd like to believe I'm not the only one! Just because I believe Gambit loses doesn't mean I believe it's blatantly unfair or a walk in the park for The Dark Knight. Additionally, Gambit (and Daredevil) received the most votes for this segment. Every now and then I like giving the community what they demand ;)

While I have not read the story you mention - why would I need then to read something (which I assume is accepted as canonical) when the preponderance of the evidence from all other media indicates he is as in fact martially inept as I infer. I haven't been reading comics since breakfast as I'm sure you haven't, either. That said - out of all my readings from X related genre (which is not a little - even alternate universes a la Age of Apocalypse where Remy plays a more considerable role) and that of others for comparative purposes I'm left with little inclination aside from what I intoned in my first post.

As you know, there is far more to a match than hand-to-hand capabilities. While Batman is clearly the superior in this regard, Gambit's high degree of skill in stick fighting and savate have allowed him to go strike for strike with Daredevil -- a character who has a much better hand-to-hand ability. Gambit's superhuman reflexes, enhanced level agility and impressive skill with a staff means he can give these characters a decent time in close range, however, it's his mutant power on top of this that makes him a formidable character. If Remy decides to truly unleash, it could indeed spell game over for Wayne. It's just a matter of surviving that long and coming to the realization he'd need to do such a thing -- and considering Gambit's agility, it's certainly not unreasonable to think that's capable of happening from time to time. He's not top 10 when it comes to hand-to-hand by a long shot, but when taking other factors into account, he has what it takes to hang with some very skilled characters. Batman takes the victory, but it's a battle I would absolutely love to see if written properly.

I'm not attempting to troll you. I'd rather not anger folks whom give of their time to the site and even more so to open themselves up to public scrutiny by openly contributing via articles and commentary.

Thank you.

I simply feel very strongly about it. Hopefully you don't feel as if this is the '' I'm using the interwebz to feel powerful by makin' funz of others !! '' spiel. That said, thank you for the article, sir.

No, it's clear we just don't see eye-to-eye on the subject. Hopefully this post has cleared things up a bit.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Very thorough analysis. I agree with the outcome. What about Batman against Iron Fist?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Phaedrusgr said:

Very thorough analysis. I agree with the outcome. What about Batman against Iron Fist?

Thank you. Danny is certainly a potential candidate for the segment!

@CuddlyPlane said:

As much of an Xmen fan as I am, this one is kind of a joke... Batman would have to be drunk to even remotely come close to losing this

Well, I guess that makes it super embarrassing for all of the characters that have had a tough time with Gambit ;)

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Good call K4tzm4n.

Keep it up. For what it's worth, I think you're doing a bang up job in here and have all battles right on the money thus far.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@k4tzm4n said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Poor Gambit never stood a chance why not do one like Batman vs Atrocitus...now that would be interesting.

I think he meant Atrocitus without the Red Lantern Ring.

Either way he is in the DC Universe, so he can't be a contender.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Grey56

@k4tzm4n: Roger, and I deeply empathize with your earnest desire to allow the fans to have a say. My thanks.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Good call K4tzm4n.

Keep it up. For what it's worth, I think you're doing a bang up job in here and have all battles right on the money thus far.

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

@Grey56 said:

@k4tzm4n: Roger, and I deeply empathize with your earnest desire to allow the fans to have a say. My thanks.

Thanks!

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TrueMarvel

This one may have been a bit to onesided.

Where you attempting to make the angry batman fans happy after your other articles?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@TrueMarvel said:

This one may have been a bit to onesided.

Where you attempting to make the angry batman fans happy after your other articles?

No, Gambit and Daredevil received the most requests. And while I agree the outcome is fairly obvious, I don't believe it would be easy for Batman.

OriginalVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By OriginalVenom

No doubt Batman would be able to destroy Gambit.

tchalla3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tchalla3000

@k4tzm4n: Spot on. Gambit is nice, but Batman is better in almost every category, and this is coming from a guy who has Gambit being his second favorite X-Man (first being Cyclops). As a matter of fact, that should be a match up: Cyclops vs Batman. Daredevil vs Bats would be great too, but not Spider-Man. Spidey can beat pretty much anyone if he chose to. My point is good article, keep it up.

Delian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Delian

first Logan, then Caps and the Black Panther. and now Gambit? is it just me or looks like Batman is bringing his battle against the Marvel universe one by one. lOl

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FatihBATMAN

odd versus match, against Gambit :O

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Grey56

@Mister_Sensational: And you're trolling Bat fans....with a Superman picture as your icon. Fascinating.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By TheHeat
@MadeinBangladesh said:

Nobody stands a chance against batman.

Yet, this is Bat's first win in these Batman VS. threads. 
quatro_briefs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By quatro_briefs

This is a good fight. Gambit can win this if he cut loose, but his morals won't allow that. Who thinks after losing to Batman, Gambit can come back and win the rematch?

quatro_briefs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By quatro_briefs

@jorgeareizaga said:

Batman will kick very hard Gambit´s crotch!!!!

Are you saying Gambit has a very hard crotch?

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#74  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@TheHeat said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Nobody stands a chance against batman.

doesn't matter. Batman always wins against anyone he faces including any other cosmic heroes or villains!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MuyJingo

Pretty generous to Remy here. I think it's bordering on being unfair but just made it. Interesting read. Surprised to see Gambit matched DD in requests.

@TheHeat said:

Well the draw with Cap was kind of silly...Batman is a class above him I'd say. They may be equal physically, but Bat's has the brains and gadgets putting him ahead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Golden Age class > 90s douchebaggery. And I grew up in the 90s.

powerhouse1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By powerhouse1122

Spawn/Batman, Nightowl/batman :D

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Pokeysteve

Normally I don't really like articles from the staff. Nothing personal, I just don't find them interesting. Really liking this monthly though Katz. I'm not even a Batman fan but you can really tell you give both characters the credit they deserve.

Batman vs Daredevil I assume is next yes :D

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By gravitypress

Batman always wins this.

phillywonka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By phillywonka

no shit Batman wins..............

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By dondave

Good Analysis

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Toxinalolic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#83  Edited By Toxinalolic

They are both awesome characters but I think Batman has it won he would just have to use his martial arts skills to attack the Cajun's weak points on his body when he find's a way. To get close to Gambit and then it's all over for the Cajun.

Moby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Moby

Yes Batman Wins!!!!!!! It was a lot closer than I thought it was going to be though I was thinking 5/10 Batman way. Batman has too many advantages but at least he won this month.

Daredevil vs Batman hopefully next month.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Unless Gambit treats Batman like some super powered villain (he won't), he's not going to be going for one-shot card explosions that would level Batman, which means Batman would be able to close the distance, which is also why

Batman wins.

JesterretseJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JesterretseJ

Gambit all the way! :P

I have not read all the response but I say I go with Gambit here :P Specially if the setting is as you say random... Batman will have the upper hand early but since this will have a shock on Remy he will not be able to show what he is able early on the fight. But Remy tries to counter Batman makes a slip(Batman is not perfect he got beaten by owls you know :P) then boom! Bat parts everywhere.

Batman got supercharge by Remy...nuff said!

Sorry for my English, I hope that what I posted made any sense :P

Note: I'm not a Marvel Zombie (promise ;) )

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#87  Edited By Queso6p4

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

This one was kind of obvious, but I still enjoyed the great read.

Agreed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By 202122

I feel that being able to make things explode kind of gives Remy the win

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed with Bats winning slight majority. But hard fought in my eyes.

romica1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By romica1969

The only thing Batman has to worry about in this fight is the stink of bourbon and crawfish.

Botiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Botiste

The Lore of Batman alone would defeat Gambit. But to tell you the truth this battle is not as ridiculous as it sounds. Even though I think that Gambit's out matched here, he has a win or two against Wolverine and Gladiator. We all seem to forget that Gambit use to be a Horsemen of Apocalypse's Death, and his powers then were sick. I think that he's just badly written and hasn't grown any since the 90's. Gambit died when Claremont left the book.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#92  Edited By pingclang

Wait, wait, wait...Equipment a draw? Gambit has a bo staff and his explosive ability. If there is nothing to grab and charge, he has his cards. That's it. Staff and cards/random objects vs. Batman`s arsenal? Please. A draw in physicality? I can see that since Gambit has reflexes out the wazzoo. I don't even like Batman but this is pathetically one-sided. Bats wins.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Queso6p4 said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

This one was kind of obvious, but I still enjoyed the great read.

Agreed.

Thank you.

@Pokeysteve said:

Normally I don't really like articles from the staff. Nothing personal, I just don't find them interesting. Really liking this monthly though Katz. I'm not even a Batman fan but you can really tell you give both characters the credit they deserve.

Batman vs Daredevil I assume is next yes :D

Wow, thank you very much for that.

@pingclang said:

Wait, wait, wait...Equipment a draw? Gambit has a bo staff and his explosive ability. If there is nothing to grab and charge, he has his cards. That's it. Staff and cards/random objects vs. Batman`s arsenal? Please. A draw in physicality? I can see that since Gambit has reflexes out the wazzoo. I don't even like Batman but this is pathetically one-sided. Bats wins.

A detailed explanation is provided in both of those categories as to why I declared those a draw. Keep in mind that one category is "equipment and powers."

@tchalla3000 said:

@k4tzm4n: Spot on. Gambit is nice, but Batman is better in almost every category, and this is coming from a guy who has Gambit being his second favorite X-Man (first being Cyclops). As a matter of fact, that should be a match up: Cyclops vs Batman. Daredevil vs Bats would be great too, but not Spider-Man. Spidey can beat pretty much anyone if he chose to. My point is good article, keep it up.

Thank you very much.

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#94  Edited By Omega-Man

Ugh pick some character that isn't Marvel dude more or less all of your battles are Marvel. why not a Wildstorm character?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Omega-Man said:

Ugh pick some character that isn't Marvel dude more or less all of your battles are Marvel. why not a Wildstorm character?

Ugh then go head and recommend some characters in the Official Discussion thread like I've asked in every one of these segments. Additionally, keep in mind I said this segment won't include DC characters.

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#96  Edited By pingclang

@k4tzm4n: I read your descriptions and agree with you on most except the equipment. Unless there's tons of stuff for Gambit to get his hands on, he has his cards and his bo. Good weapons to have in his conditioned hands, but Bats knows his shit and can handle it. I still liked the article and love how you tried to make Gambit seem like a good fight, which if Bats doesn't react in time, could go bad, but a man who fights the enemies Bats does, he can handle dodging a staff and some explosives.

adamrcorrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By adamrcorrigan

To be honest this one seems like it was chosen because it was always going to be a Batman win and he hasn't done well enough for the Fanboys who can't except anything other than Batman beating everyone from Thanos to Galactus!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@adamrcorrigan said:

To be honest this one seems like it was chosen because it was always going to be a Batman win and he hasn't done well enough for the Fanboys who can't except anything other than Batman beating everyone from Thanos to Galactus!

Or, I received a lot of requests to use Gambit next.

@pingclang said:

@k4tzm4n: I read your descriptions and agree with you on most except the equipment. Unless there's tons of stuff for Gambit to get his hands on, he has his cards and his bo. Good weapons to have in his conditioned hands, but Bats knows his shit and can handle it. I still liked the article and love how you tried to make Gambit seem like a good fight, which if Bats doesn't react in time, could go bad, but a man who fights the enemies Bats does, he can handle dodging a staff and some explosives.

Thank you. I understand where you're coming from, but this could essentially serve as a playground for Gambit. Everything from parked vehicles to trash cans (and the content within) can be used to his advantage. For Remy, his power is his biggest wildcard and that's why I view it as a big deal for the character -- big enough to say it plays just as much of a role in the fight as Wayne's wide assortment of tech could. Naturally, I don't think he wins, but I do think it's a big enough factor to consider it very important.

fps_dean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99  Edited By fps_dean

If you think about it, Batman's Baterangs are similar but more versatile than telekinetically charged cards. Add in Batman's superior fighting skills, and Batman takes this one.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#100  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'm gonna wait for people to complain that Batman didn't win more victories.