Does Batman Always Win? Batman vs. Daredevil

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Batman beats Daredevil 8/10?

That's just silly, more like 6/10 would be accurate.

Well, I was gonna post a long and detailed comment how Daredevil MIGHT pull the win (I say "might") but it seems pointless, so many of you guys are bent on believing Batman never loses...so arguing my point is useless.

I will say this, you massively underrate DD's skills...

He beat Wolverine, and I do believe he defeated Iron Fist. As well as stalemated Black Panther...I don't see how Batman outclasses him in skill. If Batman does outclass him in skill, it's by a very tiny margin. That's all I'm saying...and it's not a wide enough margin to say he wins 8/10 I mean c'mon.

Anyways, not looking for a huge argument here. But you guys really underrate DD as far as skills...

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd say Bruce beats Matt 6/10...to be realistic.

Ballistic_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jj62: bat doesn't out class DD in any thin but wealth I already said as such so did a few others. just before you posted. the only chance bat's has is a sonic device. and pre knowledge to do that. other then I 'm sure those two would be a stale mate.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@jj62 said:

Well, I was gonna post a long and detailed comment how Daredevil MIGHT pull the win (I say "might") but it seems pointless, so many of you guys are bent on believing Batman never loses...so arguing my point is useless.

He beat Wolverine, and I do believe he defeated Iron Fist. As well as stalemated Black Panther...I don't see how Batman outclasses him in skill. If Batman does outclass him in skill, it's by a very tiny margin. That's all I'm saying...and it's not a wide enough margin to say he wins 8/10 I mean c'mon.

Anyways, not looking for a huge argument here. But you guys really underrate DD as far as skills...

He one-shotted Wolverine in a fight written by Garth Ennis, a writer who hates Wolverine and regularly humiliates him to fulfill that hate. Apart from that, he's held his own against a brainwashed Wolverine in Enemy of the State. He didn't defeat Iron Fist, and they barely even fought beyond throwing a few friendly punches and complimenting each other's moves. Additionally, the Iron Fist of the 1970's is a radically different animal from the modern Iron Fist ---- who's actually been dismissive of Matt's skills in stories like Shadowland. Daredevil did, however, stalemate Black Panther (though if you ask me, he had the upper hand against T'Challa in that encounter).

K4tz acknowledged that Matt's style has been very effective against skilled fighters, but at the same time, there is virtually no way of arguing that Matt's technical knowledge and experience with respect to H2H combat is the equal of Bruce's. They're worlds apart in that regard. The 8/10 wasn't just because of Bruce's skill; it's also because he's carrying a small arsenal while Daredevil is sporting a pair of billy clubs, and because he's consistently a smarter fighter than Matt is.

I think 7/10 in favor of Batman is a perfectly fair assessment.

@jj62: bat doesn't out class DD in any thin but wealth I already said as such so did a few others. just before you posted. the only chance bat's has is a sonic device. and pre knowledge to do that. other then I 'm sure those two would be a stale mate.

Batman outclasses Daredevil in damn near everything besides agility, and that's not enough for Matt to make up for the other categories.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jj62 said:

So because my opinion differs from yours it's "silly?" Interesting, especially since I've more than elaborated on why I think Batman takes a firm majority.

Garth Ennis is absolutely notorious for humiliating Wolverine and the other occasion was when Logan was brainwashed during Enemy of the State. Funny how no one recalls the time Logan put him in a full nelson, though. He gave IF a good fight in the classic era and more recently they had a short bout on a rooftop before realizing they're allies. If Iron Fist is in it to win it, he's going to take that fight eventually. As for Black Panther, he would also defeat Daredevil. We're talking about a character that Cap considers to be at least his equal, after all.

Because of the ratio I'm "underrating" Daredevil? Sure, I guess that's true if you disregard the numerous statements I have in the piece which praise his abilities and say he can indeed give Batman a good fight. Just because I don't think he wins (he's less skilled AND against an impressive arsenal) hardly means I'm downplaying him. Sorry, but there's so much more to this than the ratio. Just because Batman takes a big majority in my eyes doesn't mean he utterly humiliates Murdock in those matches.

but it seems pointless, so many of you guys are bent on believing Batman never loses...so arguing my point is useless.

As for the above, grow up, man. That's like me saying "well, you obviously hate Batman and think he always loses." Clearly false, yes? Just because there's a handful of narrow-minded fanboys out there doesn't mean everyone you chat with is like that.

@pokeysteve said:

It's an incredibly effective method, allowing him to hang with (to some degree) talented characters such as Iron Fist, Punisher, Captain America and Taskmaster.

This is the only part of this article I don't agree with. Punisher doesn't belong there. He isn't as good as the others and Matt regularly destroys him in hand to hand.

Other than that though, great read once again.

You misunderstand my implication there. It's not saying those characters are equals, it's merely saying they are indeed skilled and Daredevil has what it takes to hang with them. In Frank's case, he's flat out humiliated him sometimes, and that's a huge credit to his abilities.

@risingbean said:

@k4tzm4n: I read his retraction...after I quoted his initial thoughts on the matter. I just don't think the loss ratio is quite as lopsided as you make it out to be. I think that on the whole, you have a damned good grasp of these guys, but my gut says you sold Murdock a little short. I think it is in the 6-7 range for Wayne to take it. A minor nitpick but I think short of sonics the numbers are crunched a little wrong.

Good article though, as usual.

Thanks.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By Xanni15

It's obvious you hate DD. :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@xanni15 said:

It's obvious you hate DD. :P

TOTES! :)

detective38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well regardless of who would win in a fight DD still has the better original costume, if they put him back in the yellow and red I might even try the horrible mockery that marvel is making of such a great character again

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The narrative of this feature is becoming that Batman always wins when he has a lot more money or resources than the other guy. Maybe he should join the Green Team. A match against Tony Stark or Reed Richards could prove quite interesting.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#112 vance_astro  Moderator

I feel like everyone is overestimating Daredevil based on the most inconsistent of his feats. Daredevil has alot of decent combat showings, why pick out the ones that give no validity to his actual skill level...I'm only waiting now for someone to bring up the time he beat the Avengers by himself. Also too whomever said DD stalemated Black Panther and beat Iron Fist..neither of those things ever happened. All of his fights with Black Panther are simply unfinished, he's never stalemated to Black Panther and he didn't beat Iron Fist, the one decent fight they had..DD & Iron Fist KO'd each other. THAT was a stalemate. This was also in an issue that came out before I was even born and Iron Fist has gotten way better skillwise and far more powerful than his classic version.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@mezmero said:

The narrative of this feature is becoming that Batman always wins when he has a lot more money or resources than the other guy. Maybe he should join the Green Team. A match against Tony Stark or Reed Richards could prove quite interesting.

He's got more money and resources than Wolverine. How'd that turn out again? ;)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#114  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@citizenbane said:

who's actually been dismissive of Matt's skills in stories like Shadowland. Daredevil did, however, stalemate Black Panther (though if you ask me, he had the upper hand against T'Challa in that encounter).

That may just be a product of Diggle's writing. Under mostly every other writer Iron Fist has always acknowledged how skilled Daredevil is.

@citizenbane said:

I think 7/10 in favor of Batman is a perfectly fair assessment.

I agree.

@citizenbane said:

Batman outclasses Daredevil in damn near everything besides agility, and that's not enough for Matt to make up for the other categories.

How anyone says the opposite of this is beyond me. This isn't "who you like more?", it's who would win between Batman & Daredevil.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@mezmero said:

He's got more money and resources than Wolverine. How'd that turn out again? ;)

Must have not read that one. That's a surprising development. Sounds like a case of age before beauty.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the break downs I would just like to see one that doesn't involve Batman like Black Panther vs ? that would be cool.

This would actually make more sense due to Black Panther outclassing Batman in every aspect, which is why he won his matchup against Batman. But part of this is to put the "Batman always win with prep" crap that his fans always tries to say, to the test. Even though rational people know that this just isn't true.

NeoSpeedForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In response to the first part of the topic I dont foresee Batman winning against superheroes like the Flash or Wonder Woman.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 k4tzm4n  Moderator

In response to the first part of the topic I dont foresee Batman winning against superheroes like the Flash or Wonder Woman.

Well, yeah... there's a lot of people Batman would get creamed by :P

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Wow, some peoples kids. The title that is offending so many people IS ITSELF an insult to the Batman Fanboys that really believe he always wins. Its Tongue in Cheek humor. My goodness.

2) This has always been a tough fight for me, but I acknowledge it is because of bias. DareDevil was one of the first Marvel characters I ever really liked. But seeing it laid out this way, it seems to be a really fair assessment and I agree with it. People seem to be upset in particular over the fighting skills section, however, they are showing their unfamiliarity with the two characters. Batman has always been portrayed as one the top, Elite Martial Arts combatants in the DCU, DD has never been shown to be such in his Universe. There is a significant difference in scale, and the people that dont recognize that arent familiar with Batman. It is the reason he is put up against Cap so much, even though Cap is significantly his physical superior.

3) I somewhat disagree with OP's "Physical" comparison section. I feel like, if anything, you were throwing the DareDevil fans a bone, to give him something. When in all reality, Batman is a bullet dodging, 1000+ Lbs lifting, perfect physical specimen. Basically, I think he is every bit as nimble as DD, and it has been shown by the fact that even Dick couldnt touch him when he was dodging.

Overall though, I think your 8/10 is fair. It leaves room for DD's lucky victories, which is what theyd be.

Also, anybody who is mentioning Characters above street level are missing the point, as the title IS a joke, the point is actually putting him up against people of his tier who could realistically beat him.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@deaditegonzo: Hey, someone who recognizes the title for what it really is -- a joke and nothing more! Thanks :)

cborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By cborg

@k4tzm4n: Apparently there's a lot of new readers who aren't familiar with this article series and are taking the title TOO LITERALLY. a) congrats on the new readers k4tz b) hey new readers before commenting check the past articles, the usual outcome so far has been Bats taking it on the chin. The title is to rib the comic idiom that bats always wins because k4tz is testing it.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n

Great Piece, agree with the assessment fully. This thread has also got Vance Astro to argue against Daredevil, so props on that :P

Ballistic_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Ballistic_z

@citizenbane said:

@jj62 said:
@ballistic_z said:

Batman and Daredevil: King of New York (1999)would like a little word with you there and so would one of DC vs Marvel events where they faced off too.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batmans equipment would give him the win here.

Ballistic_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batmans equipment would give him the win here.

only if he has sonic's and DD has equipment too .

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#127  Edited By dernman

I don't understand how anyone can misunderstand the title? Ok you don't get it's a joke but why think it supports Batman never losing when the title is a question and not a statement.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@laflux said:

@k4tzm4n

Great Piece, agree with the assessment fully. This thread has also got Vance Astro to argue against Daredevil, so props on that :P

Hah, thank you.

@cborg said:

@k4tzm4n: Apparently there's a lot of new readers who aren't familiar with this article series and are taking the title TOO LITERALLY. a) congrats on the new readers k4tz b) hey new readers before commenting check the past articles, the usual outcome so far has been Bats taking it on the chin. The title is to rib the comic idiom that bats always wins because k4tz is testing it.

That's exactly why I post links to the other installments at the bottom, but I guess many people skim the article instead of actually reading it :)

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Bobsjonjon

Bats!

DocFishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman would kick his butt

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Batman still I say.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting annoyed by this Batman always wins bullshit:P. Wonder woman would beat the crap out of him, there I said it .

Agreed whole-heatedly.

HeWhoSees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By HeWhoSees

@slickymike88 said:

I'm getting annoyed by this Batman always wins bullshit:P. Wonder woman would beat the crap out of him, there I said it .

- You have to use your opinion in these matters...

A pox upon BOTH your houses!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 k4tzm4n  Moderator

OH NO! AN ANALYZATION OF BATMAN IN A STREET LEVEL FIGHT ONCE A MONTH? I CAN'T HANDLE IT AND I HATE IT, YO.

Sometimes you guys just crack me up.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

So only Logan and T'Challa can beat Bats for Brains in a random encounter. ( + )

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman VS James Bond VS Zorro VS Indiana Jones VS Sherlock Holmes VS McGyver VS Columbo?

pwetty please?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 k4tzm4n  Moderator

So only Logan and T'Challa can beat Bats for Brains in a random encounter. ( + )

Based on the characters used in the feature thus far and under those settings -- yes, I believe so.

Batman VS James Bond VS Zorro VS Indiana Jones VS Sherlock Holmes VS McGyver VS Columbo?

pwetty please?

Focusing on comic characters, dude. Sorry.

Avatar image for comicmultiverse
ComicMultiverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By spider11211

6/10 Batman

3/10 DD

1/10 tie

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Wolverine008

I personally don't see Batman being more skilled than Daredevil, but he does win due to his vastly superior arsenal of equipment.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By oceanmaster21

Stalemate

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman takes this. 7/10 is pretty generous towards Daredevil, I'd say.

In physical terms, Batman outclasses him. Bats is supposed to be something like peak human, Daredevil is, at most, Olympic athlete level. And no, Daredevil's super-senses do not give him super-human physical attributes. Being able to hear a heart-beat from several blocks away does not make one fast enough to whack a bullet away or dodge Doctor Octopus' tentacles (seriously, that fight was absolute PIS).

Combat skills? Again, Batman is supposed to have mastered something like 150+ martial arts, disciplines, techniques and so on. Daredevil, at most, has been trained by Stick in one discipline.

Intellect? Matt Murdock's smart and reasonably resourceful, but Batman easily outclasses him here.

Arsenal? Daredevil has his billy-clubs. Batman has a military battalion's worth of equipment stashed in his utility belt alone.

And does anyone seriously consider Daredevil defeating Wolverine and Black Panther as anything other than PIS? Both of those would destroy him in ten seconds flat, maybe even less, if written correctly.

Unless, of course, we are talking about the Daredevil that beat Ultron to death with his billy-clubs...

SoundnFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By SoundnFury

Guess who's going to be stupid? This guy.

I would actually put a lot of money on Daredevil getting a few good rounds. That's not to say Batman wouldn't eventually win, but that's a given, they're on completely different stages.

Things working in Matt's favour include his ability to not be surprised. Batman's trained, while Matt's trained and powered. It took one of the world's best mercenary hit men shooting him from a helicopter outside the city to ensure he'd get hit with a sniper round, and even that was grazing (though I think it was deliberate).

But most of all, we have to look at Daredevil's secret weapon and weakness. He's frankly got the most tenuous grip on sanity among the serious heroes of Marvel. He doesn't just go white Templar or flip out and hit a few muggers, when he breaks he breaks hard, and there's little that Bruce can do to prepare for a man who doesn't so much get angry as become a single driving force of wrath and unstable mentality. He brutal, he's broken, and he tends to either be ungodly lily white or unbelievably dark, so eventually Batman would take him down (more constant, and Daredevil has like one trick which Batman could work around)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins

#BruceWayneStyle

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By TheRedEclipse

If any non-meta human or meta human has no special shield against noises, Batman can just use a sonic Batarang and knock out his opponent.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Probably a better tie up would be DD v Green Arrow.

..but Daredevil would give Batman a good fight and people writing off Daredevil as not being able to compete with Batman obviously haven't read much Daredevil. In recent years he has stalemated Cap, who fared well in his own "Batman always wins" blog.

. In the end though, I think Batman's arsenal of gadgets aided by his all round skill gives him the edge he needs to get a majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does daredevil really have any advantages besides reflexes.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jayc1324 said:

Does daredevil really have any advantages besides reflexes.

Although blind, the Daredevil's remaining four senses function with high levels of superhuman accuracy and sensitivity, giving him abilities far beyond the limits of a sighted person.

• Radar Sense - Daredevil's heightened senses allow him to "see" what's around him. His radar sense is similar to echolocation.
  • Super Hearing - Daredevil's hearing functions so well he can hear a person's heartbeat at a distance of over twenty feet, or people whispering on the other side of a standard soundproofed wall.
  • Super Touch - Daredevil's sense of touch is so acute that his fingers can feel the ink on a page allowing him to read by touch. He can also feel minute temperature and pressure changes, including body heat from people standing nearby.
  • Super Smell - Daredevil's sense of smell is so precise that he can focus on a person's smell and follow it through a crowd of people at a distance of 50 feet or gunpowder from a sniper rifle almost 3 blocks away. He also has a great ability to remember smells, so he can identify people by smell alone.
  • Lie Detection - Daredevil can tell whether a person is lying by listening to changes in their heartbeat, or by smelling their sweat when they are under pressure.
  • Agility - Due to the fact that Daredevil's sensory organs have such a high level of development, his inner ear, which controls the equilibrium and motions of the body, is also highly developed, aiding him in acrobatic feats that may surpass even Olympic-level athletes.
  • Tracking - Daredevil's heightened senses make him particularly adept at tracking people. He uses his sense of smell to track their scent and his sense of hearing to discern vocal patterns, heartbeats and gait.

Taken from the Wiki Page.

DD has super-powers, people tend to forget that, which is why although he isn't stronger than peak human, he can give a good fight to stronger than peak human street-levers like Cap and wolverine. That's why I say Batman doesn't stomp.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

After I have read all arguments here I agree with the fact that Batman Wins against DD.

7 / 10 because DareDevil is used to fight against some ruthless killers and Batman has some morals.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By 106me

Daredevil should win. Batman doesn't have any gear DD can't counter with his senses, and considering that his gear is what gets him by, I can't imagine Bruce overpowering Matt especially with his incredible reflexes and agility.

Sorry, but this is one match Bats won't be winning.