I agree 8-P
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By xan84

Like in a fight ? All of ST universe vs DR Who ? Its realy a STOMP. Q is not the only one out there with incredible power. There was 1 dude that in a moment of anger and grief destroyed an entire civilization everywhere in the galaxy by just thinking. Lots more dudes with this level of power around. Then the Feds got daniels and his crew that got some incredible level of time/space travel.
Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xan said:

" Like in a fight ? All of ST universe vs DR Who ? Its realy a STOMP. Q is not the only one out there with incredible power. There was 1 dude that in a moment of anger and grief destroyed an entire civilization everywhere in the galaxy by just thinking. Lots more dudes with this level of power around. Then the Feds got daniels and his crew that got some incredible level of time/space travel. "

I'm not so sure. There are more than a few Q like entities running around in the Who universe too. And even the 29th century Feds haven't really shown anything to say they could top the Timelords tech, I mean they invented black holes and changed the laws of physics so that magic could no longer exist. And both of those feats were when their civilization was in its infancy. The Daleks also have some pretty lethal toys, such as the reality bomb, which could destroy not only our universe, but all alternative universes as well. 

As far as omnipotents vs omnipotents goes there's no real way to say who could win. But when it comes to "normal" races, I'd say Dr Who has the more impressive tech.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xan84
@Do I have to give a name? said:
"@Xan said:

" Like in a fight ? All of ST universe vs DR Who ? Its realy a STOMP. Q is not the only one out there with incredible power. There was 1 dude that in a moment of anger and grief destroyed an entire civilization everywhere in the galaxy by just thinking. Lots more dudes with this level of power around. Then the Feds got daniels and his crew that got some incredible level of time/space travel. "

I'm not so sure. There are more than a few Q like entities running around in the Who universe too. And even the 29th century Feds haven't really shown anything to say they could top the Timelords tech, I mean they invented black holes and changed the laws of physics so that magic could no longer exist. And both of those feats were when their civilization was in its infancy. The Daleks also have some pretty lethal toys, such as the reality bomb, which could destroy not only our universe, but all alternative universes as well.   As far as omnipotents vs omnipotents goes there's no real way to say who could win. But when it comes to "normal" races, I'd say Dr Who has the more impressive tech. "

Ah he meant all the DR Who universe ? i had the impresion is just that guy lol. My bad. As for all of the universe i got no idea who will win but if ST can't use Q but DRU can use Q level guys then its obvious who wins ...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xan: True. I mean there are other omnipotents in ST, but Q is definately the first one that springs to mind. But to me omnipotent fights are kind of boring as there can't really be a winner.  I would quite like to see the 29th century Feds take on some Dr who races though. Personally I think they'd get raped by the timelords, But any war that involves time travel would, at the very least be interesting to watch. Plus I think against some of the lower tier races there could be some really nice battles.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Baldy

Trelane and his folks solo.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The beast from Impossible Planet solos.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@inferiorego said:
" The beast from Impossible Planet solos. "
co signed
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Satyrquaze
@inferiorego said:
"The beast from Impossible Planet solos. "

What does the beast do against the Doomsday Machine?

@Baldy said:

"Trelane and his folks solo. "

Trelane is rumored to be Q. 

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Satyrquaze said:
" @inferiorego said:

@Baldy said:

Trelane is rumored to be Q.   "
The beast is the manifestation of evil. A god-like being that exists in every religion as an all-powerful, all-knowing being. The Doctor finds it in the Impossible Planet episode. Essentially, it's TOAA
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Satyrquaze
@inferiorego: 

I'm familiar with the Beast. I saw the episode(s). I don't recall him being that powerful since he resorted to trickery to get off the planet and couldn't fight against a the pull of a black hole, something the original Enterprise did frequently. 

What are you, his PR man? ;)
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
Trelane and his Reality Warping Family versus The Beast from Impossible Planet would be interesting...
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Satyrquaze

I compiled this list for more clarity.

On one side we have the:  

The Time-Lords 
The Daleks 
The Cybermen 
The Beast 
The Ood 
The Nestine Conscieness and the Autons 
The Judoon 
The Slitheen 
The Silurians  
The Weeping Angels 
The Eternals
The Ice Warriors 
The Weevil 
The 456 
Sex gas 

VS  

The United Federation of Planets 
The Romulan Star Empire
The Klingon Empire 
The Cardassian Union
The Dominion
The Borg Collective
The Ferengi Alliance 
The Breen Confederacy  
The Gorn Hegemony 
The Hirogen
Species 8472 
The Dwoud 
The Voth 
The Krenim Imperium
The Iconians 
Caretaker's race 
Prophets and Pah-Wraiths 
The Doomsday Machine

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Baldy
@inferiorego said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @inferiorego said:

@Baldy said:

The beast is the manifestation of evil. A god-like being that exists in every religion as an all-powerful, all-knowing being. The Doctor finds it in the Impossible Planet episode. Essentially, it's TOAA "
Yeah right, somehow I don't see a black hole eating TOAA.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Baldy said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @inferiorego said:

@Baldy said:

The beast is the manifestation of evil. A god-like being that exists in every religion as an all-powerful, all-knowing being. The Doctor finds it in the Impossible Planet episode. Essentially, it's TOAA "
Yeah right, somehow I don't see a black hole eating TOAA. "
The Beast had those "magic" (no other word for it) chains on that kept him at low strength/power. Like Superman with Kryptonite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're dealing with omnipotents I guess it's worth throwing the whole "Bad wolf" thing in there as well.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Do I have to give a name?: I never even thought of that. good call
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Baldy
@inferiorego said:
" @Baldy said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @inferiorego said:

@Baldy said:

The Beast had those "magic" (no other word for it) chains on that kept him at low strength/power. Like Superman with Kryptonite. "
I also don't see that happening to TOAA. If he was omnipotent how could they put the chains on him in the first place?

The whole idea is clearly ridiculous.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Satyrquaze
"If we're dealing with omnipotents I guess it's worth throwing the whole "Bad wolf" thing in there as well. "

Bad Wolf.. but no Q?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Satyrquaze: Well you've still Trelane and the Caretakers people etc. But this is why Universe Vs Universe battles tend to be a bit dull. Most of them in comics and sci-fi have omnipotent beings, so the fights just become stale-mates or undecided. This battle would be more interesting if we stuck to the non-ascended races imo.

You know, I haven't watched Star Trek in like 10 years. You people bring out the geek in me lol.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Baldy said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Baldy said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @inferiorego said:

@Baldy said:

The Beast had those "magic" (no other word for it) chains on that kept him at low strength/power. Like Superman with Kryptonite. "
I also don't see that happening to TOAA. If he was omnipotent how could they put the chains on him in the first place?  The whole idea is clearly ridiculous. "
I never said it happened to TOAA. The beast is essentially that character in the Doctor Who universe, I was using a reference many people would understand.  Chains were put on him before this universe was created by other omnipotent beings.  No, the idea isn't clearly ridiculous.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Yes, the Bad Wolf is allowed. I excluded Q because there are other omnipotent beings in Trek, and that most fights start with "Q solos" so I wanted to avoid that.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CosmicSpiral

The Weeping Angels are the oddest bad guys I've ever heard of. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I thought they were pretty cool. And they're deadly.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Satyrquaze

The Weeping Angels are awesome. i have to admit I slept with the lights on the night after seeing that episode.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Satyrquaze said:
" The Weeping Angels are awesome. i have to admit I slept with the lights on the night after seeing that episode. "
Blink?
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Satyrquaze
@inferiorego: 

Yep.
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
@Satyrquaze said:
" @inferiorego:  Yep. "
my favorite new doctor who episode
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Satyrquaze
@inferiorego said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @inferiorego:  Yep. "
my favorite new doctor who episode "

Mine too!
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Blink is one of the best episodes.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Baldy
@inferiorego said:
" @Baldy said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Baldy said:
" @inferiorego said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @inferiorego said:

@Baldy said:

I also don't see that happening to TOAA. If he was omnipotent how could they put the chains on him in the first place?  The whole idea is clearly ridiculous. "
I never said it happened to TOAA. The beast is essentially that character in the Doctor Who universe, I was using a reference many people would understand.  Chains were put on him before this universe was created by other omnipotent beings.  No, the idea isn't clearly ridiculous. "
That doesn't even make sense, the Disciples weren't omnipotent and even if they were why wouldn't they just create a black hole on top of him after chaining him up? I'd like to see any kind of evidence that the Beast was on the same level as TOAA.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

The Beast isn't on the level of the One Above All. Although to be fair, we don't know what he can do in his own body.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Satyrquaze

The Dwoud and Bad Wolf have similar level near instaneous near genocide feats, I'm thinking they pretty much cancel eachother out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Satyrquaze:  I wasn't able to find anything on The Dwoud. What are some of their feats?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I think the Doctor Who equivalent to the One Above All might be the "Bad Wolf" (or the TARDIS / Time Vortex, which is more or less what the Bad Wolf was)

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Satyrquaze

" @Satyrquaze:  I wasn't able to find anything on The Dwoud. What are some of their feats? "

Sorry, it was Douwd.

In 2361 – with Rishon 77 years old – the couple moved from the aquatic city New Martim Vaz on Earth to the Federationcolony on Delta Rana IV to live out their final years together and to "fall in love all over again".

Unfortunately, in 2366, a warship belonging to a vicious species known as the Husnock attacked the planet. As Kevin possessed a pacifist conscience, he refused to destroy the Husnock attackers outright, instead trying to scare them away with false images. Instead of fleeing, however, they became "angrier and more cruel", laying waste to the planet. Finally, Rishon left Kevin's side and joined the fight against the Husnock – perishing with the other colonists. When Kevin found her body, he lost control of hisemotions; in a fury of blind rage, he summoned his powers and destroyed the Husnock completely – all fifty billion of the species. When Kevin regained his senses and realized what he had done, he was horrified.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Satyrquaze: 
Thanks. 
They are obviously very powerful. 50 billion people is no small thing. But I'm not entirely sure that they're on Bad wolf level. 1 reason I don't really think they are is that they haven't shown any time travel/manipulation abilities, where as BW clearly has. 

They have the ability to create and destroy on an epic scale; they also maintain the ability to attack through psychic means.The Douwd appear to be nearly omnipotent, but not omniscient.  

And that's another reason. Bad wolf was stated to not only be able to control matter/energy, but also to see all of time and space. Which at the very least is an advantage.

Fact is though even if Bad wolf can top The Douwd there's still a whole heap of omnipotents and ascended beings in both shows to eventually lead to a either a stale mate, or the total destruction of both universes.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Satyrquaze
@JediXMan: 

Okay, for clarification: Omniscients are allowed but Q isn't?
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

You said there are other beings like Q in Star Trek. Would it be more balanced if Q was allowed in?

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Baldy
@JediXMan said:
" You said there are other beings like Q in Star Trek. Would it be more balanced if Q was allowed in? "
Not needed. Trelane still solos.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xan84
@Baldy said:
" @JediXMan said:
" You said there are other beings like Q in Star Trek. Would it be more balanced if Q was allowed in? "
Not needed. Trelane still solos. "

To bad Q is not in, he could snap his fingers and end this lol.
Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Satyrquaze

@Xan said:

"@Baldy said:
" @JediXMan said:
Not needed. Trelane still solos. "
To bad Q is not in, he could snap his fingers and end this lol. "

Ah, Trelane could do it with a wave of his hand. He's pretty close to on par with Q, and would curbstomp Bad Wolf.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Satyrquaze said

"Ah, Trelane could do it with a wave of his hand. He's pretty close to on par with Q, and would curbstomp Bad Wolf. "
I'm not so sure. 

" Trelane wore a blue tailcoat over a white frilled shirt and green riding pants with black boots. These clothes, along with his foppish mannerisms, were intended to suggest what he believed conditions on Earth to be at the time. In fact, he was viewing an image of Earth some centuries out of date, perhaps a consequence of the fact he was over nine hundred
light years away"

During the meal, McCoy noticed that the food and drink had no flavor, while Karl Jaeger commented that the fire burned brightly, but emitted no heat. These things, and Trelane's error in time, suggested that he wasn't infallible and that he knew of the Earth forms but none of the substance. 

Both of those points would indicate that Trelane is not omniscient.

Kirk and Spock further theorized that some external agency was actually responsible for most of his tricks. When Kirk noticed Trelane rarely strayed far from his large wall mirror, he formed a plan. Tricking Trelane into an old-fashioned duel, Kirk shot the mirror – which exploded spectacularly. Deprived of his support mechanisms, Trelane was unable to prevent the Enterprise crew from departing

That would indicate that he's not fully omnipotent under his own powers.

I remember reading a book years ago when I was a ST fan that said Trelane was part of the Q continuum. I didn't remember much else from it, but when I googled it I found this:

Trelane is able to tap into "The Heart of The Storm," the theoretical and literal center of the universe, where chaos exists; doing so gives Trelane more power than the entire Continuum, allowing him to close it off and play with the universe as he pleases. Trelane then manipulates three different tracks of the
USS Enterprise-D timeline, with the ultimate goal of the experiment being the merging of all parallel timelines and the destruction of the multiverse order. Captain Picard, with the help of Q, manages to stop Trelane, though the experience reduces Trelane to a speck of his former existence.  

Had he succeeded he would of most certainly been at least equal to, if not well above Bad wolfs level, however since he failed he has only a fraction of his original power, Which I would personally say places him below.

Also to be noted regarding the mirror that Kirk shot is:
Peter David's novel attempts to resolve the apparent discrepancy by suggesting that Trelane is (in essence) developmentally disabled relative to other Q; the machine analogous to crutches or a wheelchair. 

So even assuming Trelane is a Q, he rides the short star ship to school, so can't really be compared power wise to the rest of the continuum.

Though, if the book isn't cannon (I honestly don't know) Then Trelane's ""parents could easily be considered at least on par with The bad wolf.

One thing I was curious on though (As I say it's been years since I've watched) Have there been any examples of Q existing outside of existence, I know he's been present at the big bang. But has he been shown to exist before, after or outside our Universe / multiverse? Not including the continuum as that is linked at least partially to the the main universe of ST.
Thanks.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xan84

As i said to bat Q is not in to end this debate with a snap of his fingers ... 

One thing I was curious on though (As I say it's been years since I've watched) Have there been any examples of Q existing outside of existence, I know he's been present at the big bang. But has he been shown to exist before, after or outside our Universe / multiverse? 

How about the fact that he is god and runs the after life ? When Picard dies he goes there ... would that qualify ? Also the q continuum is outside normal time/space from what i remember
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By castleking
@Xan said:
"

One thing I was curious on though (As I say it's been years since I've watched) Have there been any examples of Q existing outside of existence, I know he's been present at the big bang. But has he been shown to exist before, after or outside our Universe / multiverse? 
  How about the fact that he is god and runs the after life ? When Picard dies he goes there ... would that qualify ? Also the q continuum is outside normal time/space from what i remember "
i wasnt even sure if he really ran the after life since he like to screw with ppl... and picard wasnt  convince either but then again Q had nothing to gain since Picard wouldnt remember their meeting iirc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xan said:

"

How about the fact that he is god and runs the after life ? When Picard dies he goes there ... would that qualify ? Also the q continuum is outside normal time/space from what i remember "

Is that the one where His false heart exploded and Q gave him the chance to go back and change the past so that he wouldn't need the artificial heart? If so then there's only really Q's word that what Picard saw was the real deal bona-fide after-life and not just one of Q's little games.

Yes the continuum exists outside normal time/space to the extent that you or I couldn't jump on a plane and fly there. But when the Continuum where fighting each other the "weapons" used in the continuum had drastic effects on our Universe. Also it's been alluded to that the Q were once not so different from humans and evolved in Normal space, only entering the continuum when they ascended.

The reason I bought that up is that Ascended Timelords are able to thrive even after all of existence, time, space, and alternate Dimensions/ Universes have been wiped out. I figure Q should be able to as well, but can't remember anything off hand to confirm it.

kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By kagetaicho

Timelords solo. Heck the Doctor solos if he really wanted to.