Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight is in metropolis. This is the current Doctor who( Matt Smith) and he has a month and a half prep with access to the tardus. Green Lauterns: Hal Jordan, Sinestro, Guy garner, John stewart, and Kyle rayner. Start from 100 yards away. morals on.

#1 Posted by The_Imperator (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

First off it is TARDIS. Second, you just gave the guy with access to near omnipotence prep. He can A) absorb Time Vortex and erase foes from time, B) set up a time loop in Metropolis and and leave them unable to get out, or C) pull out an unholy number of ridiculous weapons from the books and audios. He kind of wins, since you gave the other side no chance.

#2 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16744 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Imperator said:

First off it is TARDIS. Second, you just gave the guy with access to near omnipotence prep. He can A) absorb Time Vortex and erase foes from time, B) set up a time loop in Metropolis and and leave them unable to get out, or C) pull out an unholy number of ridiculous weapons from the books and audios. He kind of wins, since you gave the other side no chance.

Qft

#3 Posted by JediXMan (30337 posts) - - Show Bio

You gave the Doctor PREP?

#4 Posted by The_Imperator (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: What does "QFT" mean? I've seen it around, but I for some reason I can't place what it stands for.

#5 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16744 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Imperator: "Quoted for truth".

Translation: I agree :)

#6 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16744 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

You gave the Doctor PREP?

Alarm!! Exit the thread!! thread's:

#7 Posted by Inphase (329 posts) - - Show Bio

You gave The Doctor prep, automatic win.

#8 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@The_Imperator: "Quoted for truth".

Translation: I agree :)

For the longest time I thought it meant Quit f***ing Talking, so I thought a few people on this thread were d-bags when they were just agreeing with me.

Anyway, the Doctor should win this. He's already a powerful energy absorber, then he has a month prep? Yeah, they ain't touching that.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#9 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro could get him, he's got no morals and the Doctor will try to talk.

#10 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

How strong are Lanterns telepathic resistance? More specifically, against hypnosis.

Because the Doctor is a user of telepathy and hypnosis. Plus he has a month and a half of prep.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#11 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@Xanni15 said:

How strong are Lanterns telepathic resistance? More specifically, against hypnosis.

Because the Doctor is a user of telepathy and hypnosis. Plus he has a month and a half of prep.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Not sure, really, though it would depend also on how strong his telepathy is

How fast could the Doc react?

Let's be real, he's not unbeatable, and the first thing he'll do with morals on is try to talk to them even when he has prep. His PIS powers will probably give him the win, though.

#12 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Floopay said:

@Xanni15 said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Not sure, really, though it would depend also on how strong his telepathy is

How fast could the Doc react?

Let's be real, he's not unbeatable, and the first thing he'll do with morals on is try to talk to them even when he has prep. His PIS powers will probably give him the win, though.

None of them are going to breach the TARDIS'S Defenses, the thing can fly through a black hole.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#13 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

None of them are going to breach the TARDIS'S Defenses, the thing can fly through a black hole.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't think he'd stay in it.

#14 Posted by The_Imperator (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Even beyond plot shields, he has a month and a half to build any of the crap that he has encountered over his 1000+ years of life. And that includes tech that causes bodily harm to cease, or casually time loops things, etc.

#15 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't think he'd stay in it.

If he's not staying in it, then they should be pretty afraid. With a month and a half of prep, if he's bold enough to step outside of the TARDIS's shields, then there is something nasty in store for those Lanterns.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#16 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayskee:

green lautners?

O_o wat

#17 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Imperator said:

@Xanni15: Even beyond plot shields, he has a month and a half to build any of the crap that he has encountered over his 1000+ years of life. And that includes tech that causes bodily harm to cease, or casually time loops things, etc.

I'm aware, I've seen the show. :P

Still, with morals on he's not going to come right out and defeat them, he'll run his mouth and I don't think Sinestro would have it.

#18 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

If he's not staying in it, then they should be pretty afraid. With a month and a half of prep, if he's bold enough to step outside of the TARDIS's shields, then there is something nasty in store for those Lanterns.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree, his monologues can be brutal. x.x

:P

#19 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree, his monologues can be brutal. x.x

:P

I've always thought the reason people stop and listen to him is because of his hypnosis. It's never stated in the show that being the reason, but it's been proven that he has some pretty potent (as well as the Master) hypnosis abilities. Going so far as to accidentally sedate people who happen to be nearby while he uses it.

But who knows, maybe interrupting the Doctor while he's talking can lead to a level wrath unseen by even the most feared of hell lords....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#20 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

I've always thought the reason people stop and listen to him is because of his hypnosis. It's never stated in the show that being the reason, but it's been proven that he has some pretty potent (as well as the Master) hypnosis abilities. Going so far as to accidentally sedate people who happen to be nearby while he uses it.

But who knows, maybe interrupting the Doctor while he's talking can lead to a level wrath unseen by even the most feared of hell lords....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

It's possible, I mean I've seen the show and try to keep up to date but I'm not real well versed in the whole universe, comics, books, backgrounds, etc. I just always figured it was plot. But like you said, who knows.

#21 Posted by The_Imperator (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Well... Morals are relative. This Doctor saw nothing wrong with mind raping humanity to kill all the Silence :P

#22 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Imperator: True, put let's keep a proper context. Maybe if humanity was in danger due to the Lanterns. :P

#23 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor's character might be the thing that puts him down.

#24 Posted by dondave (36561 posts) - - Show Bio

The Doctor ftw