debate

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin.

#3 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin stomps easily

#4 Posted by mightyzeus (169 posts) - - Show Bio

dont be so sure i mean doctor strange defeated death

#5 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this current or classic Dr. Strange? Current Strange doesn't have a chance.

#6 Posted by mightyzeus (169 posts) - - Show Bio

classic strange

#7 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8406 posts) - - Show Bio

@mightyzeus: Still Odin wins!!

#8 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin was having a hell of a time trying to keep Thanos down......

Dr. Strange was having a hell of a time fighting a Living Tribunal ampped Inbetweener....

#9 Posted by Sci_Fi_Rulez (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja said:

Dr. Strange was having a hell of a time fighting a Living Tribunal ampped Inbetweener....

#10 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

-_-

Odin.

#11 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

odin with ease

#12 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like people make counts on a daily basis just to make mismatched fights in battle forums.

#13 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

still odin

#14 Posted by SirMethos (1321 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the scenario, where are they fighting, what are the victory conditions, are they prepared for the fight or is it a random encounter, etc. etc.

I can think of several scenario's where Classic Strange would easily win this, but also some where Odin easily wins.

#15 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sci_Fi_Rulez said:

@Grand Ninja said:

#16 Posted by daviegourevitch (56 posts) - - Show Bio

I think doctor strange, If he was able to prepare, could take down Odin. but Odin in some cases might absolutely crush doc'

#17 Posted by Kingsford (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

Odin stomps easily

#18 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin will crush Dr. Strange

But Sorcerer Supreme Classic Strange will absolutely crush Odin.

@Alchemist_ said:

I feel like people make counts on a daily basis just to make mismatched fights in battle forums.

This is not a mismatch depending if we're using the real Strange (Protector of the Multiverse) or his clones.

#19 Posted by darktiger (4153 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin stomps and can yall comment on the ultimate fighting tournament-marvel and dc please

#20 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange easily...he beats universal abstracts like InBetweener (who is even with Galactus) with no prep, while Odin loses to Galactus bad...so bad.

#21 Posted by SlimJ87D (9332 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, okay sure Odin has handled Thanos and Silver Surfer, but a very serious Doctor Strange has dozens of feats that put him at or above sky father level and he's always holding back all his might due to his belief that everything with a reaction has a opposite reaction.

Honestly, a Classic Strange going all out fully powered by the vishanti should take Odin down. I don't think Odin would have taken a blast from Galactus as well as Strange has or be able to create a spell to knock out Galactus. Don't pull those scans from Mighty Thor either, that comic was obviously written for the Thor movie to exaggerate Odin.

#22 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder himself (The pre-Retconned one) said, "Upon analyzing him, Dr. Strange is far beyond, far greater than your multiverse could ever expect.... He could of easily banished me and keeped me locked away from your multiverse forever, but he was kind to show me the way"

#23 Posted by ComicStooge (12011 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange was insane power-wise.

#24 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio
If classic strange he stomps. If not odin stomps.
#25 Posted by BigCimmerian (7852 posts) - - Show Bio

Without prep Odin wins, effortless curbstomp

#26 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

What does a Sorcerer Supreme need with prep? lol

#27 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio
@BigCimmerian: LAWL no. Without prep classic strange wipes the floor with odin makes him look like puppy dog. Current strange odin stomps.
#28 Posted by BigCimmerian (7852 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps said:

@BigCimmerian: LAWL no. Without prep classic strange wipes the floor with odin makes him look like puppy dog. Current strange odin stomps.

I thought that classic strange was beaten by Olympian god Pluto, is it right?

#29 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange > InBetweener = Galactus >= Celestial > Odin > Current Strange

#30 Posted by BigCimmerian (7852 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

Lol, okay sure Odin has handled Thanos and Silver Surfer, but a very serious Doctor Strange has dozens of feats that put him at or above sky father level and he's always holding back all his might due to his belief that everything with a reaction has a opposite reaction.

Honestly, a Classic Strange going all out fully powered by the vishanti should take Odin down. I don't think Odin would have taken a blast from Galactus as well as Strange has or be able to create a spell to knock out Galactus. Don't pull those scans from Mighty Thor either, that comic was obviously written for the Thor movie to exaggerate Odin.

Why do you think that Odin is so much bellow Galactus? What feats does Galactus has to put him at level above Odin?

#31 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: Galactus is at least equal to a Celestial, Odin in the destroyer armor with all the power of Asgard couldn't beat one Celestial.

#32 Posted by BigCimmerian (7852 posts) - - Show Bio

@fondofpacman said:

@BigCimmerian: Galactus is at least equal to a Celestial, Odin in the destroyer armor with all the power of Asgard couldn't beat one Celestial.

Galactus is above Celestials, but even he cannot beat several of them, and Odin was fighting 9 celestials at the same time

#33 Posted by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: That was a very buffed up Odin, he had the power of all of Asgard save for Thor, and even with all that extra power, his punches were still completely ineffective against a single celestial, and another deflects his full powered ray with a casually raised hand. I don't see any evidence that he could take any of these Celestials...especially without all the power of all the souls of Asgard, the Destroyer armor, and the Odin Sword.

#34 Posted by SlimJ87D (9332 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@fondofpacman said:

Galactus is above Celestials, but even he cannot beat several of them, and Odin was fighting 9 celestials at the same time

Odin fought them with the destroyer armor, the asgardians life forces and the panthion of gods stored power in the armor to help him fight them from my memory, this was quite a bit ago.

Also, there is a heirarchy of importance for the Universe to continue to thrive, and Galactus is one of the Universal beings that is important, consuming multiple worlds and turning them into cosmic energies.

That being said, he is suppose to be above a sky father in the marvel heirarchy being a abstract like Death, etc.

@fondofpacman: Did Odin not also ask the Panthion of gods, Egypt, Greece, etct, for some of their power to help him? And they dumped their energies into the armor?

#35 Edited by fondofpacman (567 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: I'll have to look it up, but he may have.

Edit: I think he did now that i think about it.

#36 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin. I know Dr. strange has pulled out some wins against ridiculously powerful powerful enemies but he also almost got stomped by Loki.... until Thor intervened... And Odin can banish and Depower Thor Loki Sif and Balder all at the same time with a thought and has done so before.

#37 Posted by SlimJ87D (9332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Thor's hammmer said:

Odin. I know Dr. strange has pulled out some wins against ridiculously powerful powerful enemies but he also almost got stomped by Loki.... until Thor intervened... And Odin can banish and Depower Thor Loki Sif and Balder all at the same time with a thought and has done so before.

That's one thing about Strange, is that he was very powerful in his own series that he had to be downplayed when he was with the defenders or avengers. I remember him taking on Surtur and Ymir and exchanging their own blows to knock each other out.

Strange isn't just about brute magic power either, he is a genius, the Reed Richards of magic when he was at classic levels and defeated enemies not out of overpowering, but to not cause collateral damage he would think of the easiest way to contain them. Instead of summoning Agamatto to fight galactus again, he simply thought of all the people who suffered and sprung that on galactus to knock him out.

His excuses for holding back was always that he didn't want harm to happen due to the opposing reaction to what ever magic spell he casted and therefore held back tons of times. He also rarely casts Black Magic unless the scenario is appropriate.

The man protected the gate of Eternity from being invaded by other crazy demons and beings that were low multiversal threats and possible galaxy busters in their own right.

#38 Posted by those_eyes (5019 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic strange would beat Odin.

#39 Posted by laflux (14162 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by those_eyes (5019 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Spartan101 (2284 posts) - - Show Bio

As said here its the version of strange,classic woops odin,current not.

#42 Posted by those_eyes (5019 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by JwwProd (8650 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is Classic Dr Strange that we are using in this thread then he should win, if not then Odin wins.

#44 Posted by Starrk01 (343 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange >> Odin >>>> current Strange

#45 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange stomps, current gets stomped.

#46 Edited by laflux (14162 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange is overrated.

#47 Posted by Killemall (18260 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Hyperlight (5468 posts) - - Show Bio

odin has a greater personal power source than strange s considering he is an asgardian skyfather. Dr Strange only wins wth prep or if he is backed by oshtur or agamotto.

#49 Edited by New_World_Order (12520 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin, even Classic Strange would lose IMO.

#50 Edited by XiiX (7434 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

Classic Strange is overrated.

Agreed. Odin whoops Strange either way.