No Caption Provided

Gladiator

No Caption Provided

Adam Warlock

No Caption Provided

Phoenix: Jean Grey

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Doctor Fate is the Classic Kent Nelson version (1940-1985)
  • Team has perfect teamwork
  • Surfer is Post Annihilation, Warlock is his Quantum Mage incarnation, Phoenix is limited to Green levels.
  • The Doctor has one hour of prep, he may only uses this time to martial his powers (if required)
  • Everyone is in character
  • Starting distance is five miles

Fight Locale: Outer Solar Sytem (Sol)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Flagged for spite. Almost everyone here can solo

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FirestormFate1919

Classic Kent can probably take this in a close fight. Newer Fate gets obliterated, but classic casually unleashed universal power and tangled with the Spectre.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1.) It's not spite, as there is no intention of making a mismatch

2.) And who here can solo Classic Fate?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Kent can probably take this in a close fight. Newer Fate gets obliterated, but classic casually unleashed universal power and tangled with the Spectre.

Ah someone who knows something about Classic Fate's power levels, thank you for commenting.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Classic Fate, despite how immpresive he was, isn't winning here...

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zaied

Classic Fate was a high level reality warper and multiversal threat. He should be able to take all of them down with the prep.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I'll role with this, unless Beatboks says something different.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001:

1) intention is irrelevant it's spite.

2) Phoenix, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer and Nova Prime could. "Classic Fate" is not the same power level as PC or Silver Age Fate. He could be defeated by literally someone taking his helmet off and suffocating him in space. Assuming the team isn't suffering from from CIS (which they arent) they should win 10/10. With Phoenix, Warlock and Nova being safe bets on soloing.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mjolnirson

aside Wrlock everyone solos

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@sovereign91001: very nice my man. Classic Fate is equal to Spectre. Probably biggest threat here is Phoenix, with Adam Warlock and Surfer running back up? wooooooo, tough times for Nelson. What can he do to prevent speedblitzing magicks and transmutation/matter manipulation? hope he has some serious defense in place as he has his work cut out for him on this one....

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001:

1) intention is irrelevant it's spite.

2) Phoenix, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer and Nova Prime could. "Classic Fate" is not the same power level as PC or Silver Age Fate. He could be defeated by literally someone taking his helmet off and suffocating him in space. Assuming the team isn't suffering from from CIS (which they arent) they should win 10/10. With Phoenix, Warlock and Nova being safe bets on soloing.

1.) You should bone up on your definitions, 1. Spite is an intentionalmismatch, otherwise it's a mismatch.

2.) Did you read the OP? I defined that all of Fate was fro (1940) up to Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985) so yes this includes the Silver and Bronze Age Fate'a feats. Neither side has any knowledge of the other, and Kent has his own repitore of spells outside of Nabu. There is no way Green Phoenix, Nova or Warlock could solo.

For the record I don't have a problem with you thinking Fate loses, I do have a problem with you coming into my thread and accusing me of making an intentional mismatch.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Two ridiculous fails. @mjolnirson: warlock is above silver surfer and nova prime, so go learn about the characters you troll about before you troll. @supermanwithatan01: Spite means he did it intentionally, your thinking of mismatch. Your even worse than the guy above you; he failed on a character, you failed on understanding one word you can easily check before writing.

And what's your definition of classic fate? Instead of CLASSIC!? Laughable. THIS is classic fate:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/1296194-immortal_dr_fate_03_30.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30145/1296192-fate_feat.jpg

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: He does have temporal control and he could put shields in place during prep, I don't wanna debate for him though because I can't as thread maker, but I'd say he does have some options, maybe BB can give a nice post on what Nelson can do.

@lukehero: I'm curious as to what he has to say as well.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001:

Fair enough you didn't do it one purpose but it's an unfair battle in the teams favor.

PC Fate and Classic Strange threads are over blown with people misconstruing feats stating Fate could stalemate spectre or that Strange stalemate LT.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01: Then make a case and prove why said feats are overblown and the team (according to you) dominates, maybe I'll learn something, maybe you'll learn something...that is what we're here for, no?

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@cosmicallyaware1: He does have temporal control and he could put shields in place during prep, I don't wanna debate for him though because I can't as thread maker, but I'd say he does have some options, maybe BB can give a nice post on what Nelson can do.

oh, brother...................I am well aware that Fate (especially this version) is a ...............beast. these rookies have no idea what they are talking about. I'm just sayin that the Marvel team is........substantial. I was just wondering specifically what Fate had in lieu of defense against those specified abilities......especially if they were simultaneously. But I am sure he is stacked defensively, in all honesty he had crazy hax mystic powers, and I don't see much takin him down.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: he didn't state Green Phoenix he sstated phoenix. He didn't post a picture of classic fate he posted fate. I'm wella awa re of his feats. He loses handily here. You're worse tHan both of us. Had he specified more then it wouldn't have come off as spite. Mind your own business and you won't look as stupid

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Van_Cere

(Note to self: debate less about powerful characters, it gets boring)

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Van_Cere

@supermanwithatan01: Well, don't mind the pretty pictures, and read the words, and you'll see it was stated classic is being used here.

This is Kent Nelson, not Kent V Nelson, and he stomps.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sovereign91001

@van_cere: he didn't state Green Phoenix he sstated phoenix. He didn't post a picture of classic fate he posted fate. I'm wella awa re of his feats. He loses handily here. You're worse tHan both of us. Had he specified more then it wouldn't have come off as spite. Mind your own business and you won't look as stupid

Yes I did, both of these things were defined in the OP, didn't you read it?

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Nah, he was entranced by the pretty pictures:

He didn't post a picture of classic fate he posted fate.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001 said:

oh, brother...................I am well aware that Fate (especially this version) is a ...............beast. these rookies have no idea what they are talking about. I'm just sayin that the Marvel team is........substantial. I was just wondering specifically what Fate had in lieu of defense against those specified abilities......especially if they were simultaneously. But I am sure he is stacked defensively, in all honesty he had crazy hax mystic powers, and I don't see much takin him down.

Individually, yes...at the same time...I'm not sure. I was gonna add either Binary or Quasar but I didn't want to tip it to far.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere:

If that's the case, then I got nothing.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ssj_god

@sovereign91001:

PHOENIX???!!

phoenix would solo classic fate and all of the rest together...... i know classic fate is powerful... but even nabu's feats wouldn't match up to phoenix.

EDIT: ohh srry... didn't saw it was green phoenix only...... then i think kent might take it.... specially with his feats with the spectre.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sovereign91001

@ssj_god: The helmet means he's pretty much immune to TP and he has planetary moving TK, it's probably not as far apart as you think. And that she's capped at Green Levels, I don't see her taking them all apart tbh.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By XiiX

Dr. Fate.

The Team apart from Phoenix is pretty damn inconsequential, and the prep leans it in his favor against an opponent where the outcome could be seen as debatable, but who I still say he'd beat anyway.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: The helmet means he's pretty much immune to TP and he has planetary moving TK, it's probably not as far apart as you think. And that she's capped at Green Levels, I don't see her taking them all apart tbh.

i have edited my last post before you posted this one..lol

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

O_o not one Marvel Character here can solo classic Fate. he was

1. able to fight a blood lusted Spectre for 5 pages (eventually lost only to BFR)
  2. able to defeat two universal reality warping skyfathers
  3. as physically durable as SA Superman
  4. could move a planet with his mind at a whim
  5. generate blasts that could be felt in multiple realities at once

just to name a few

please tell me who can solo Classic Fate when he has physicals that match Gladiator without any of his magic talismans, energy and matter manipulation that match either SS or Nova prime, and magic that was on the level of Classic Strange???

Classic Dr fate is like taking Superman + Silver Surfer + Dr Strange and merging them into one.

I would say that the team without Phoenix would make a great fight and eventually go down to Classic Fate. Phoenix just makes it too much. Even at only green levels she tips the balance toward the Marvel team

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: You read my mind. Though, when did fate take on two universal skyfathers? O_o

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Ah didn't see that.

@xiix: Thanks for commenting.

@beatboks1: I'm surprised...but thanks for your input, very appreciated.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@beatboks1: You read my mind. Though, when did fate take on two universal skyfathers? O_o

In an issue of Flash also reprinted in the "Immortal Dr Fate" mini series. The first of the two scans @van_cere posted a link to is from the issue.

Ynar and Vandeamon were a lord of Order and Chaos respectively who retreated from the battle and formed a new alliance. They became in the words of Fate " self interest incarnate". They warped the cosmos into their own version of reality and only Fate, his wife Inza and their tower was immune (due to the enchantments placed on them by Nabu that altered their DNA etc they were immune to reality manipulation). He was a match for either in the issue and defeated them after amping himself in the issue by merging with his wife Inza. this merger allowed him to add the power of the human spirit to his mix on top of the magic of order (granted by the helm of Nabu) and the power of Chaos (granted by the Amulet of Anubis worn around his neck that Nabu took from Khalis when he defeated him in ancient Egypt ).

It was an amped Fate who did this but it was an amp he did to himself in the midst o9f battle so one he could certainly replicate with an hours prep easily.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: Thanks for information.

Well without any knowledge of who he is facing, he will probably not amp himself up with magic....so team takes it

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic fate sounds scary... O_O

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Classic Fate was... Unbelievable.. But I do believe that the team would and could overwhelm Fate.. But it would take a real long time..

Eh. 5.1/10 Marvel

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: He's definitely at that 'team buster' level.

@sovereign91001: Classic Fate was... Unbelievable.. But I do believe that the team would and could overwhelm Fate.. But it would take a real long time..

Eh. 5.1/10 Marvel

Thanks for commenting dude.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

phoenix jean is the only one who can solo. no one else is soloing

lol at those saying classic fate is pathetic

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CitizenSentry
CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CitizenSentry
No Caption Provided

5 miles is nothing to Silver Surfer.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: 5 miles is nothing to any of these characters, they're all either FTL or have the capacity to teleport great distances.

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: 5 miles is nothing to any of these characters, they're all either FTL or have the capacity to teleport great distances.

Silver Surfer would have decapitated Fate before he blinked with his speed.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Марвел тим до победе :D

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001 said:

Silver Surfer would have decapitated Fate before he blinked with his speed.

No he couldn't.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team takes it barely

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers