• 70 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio
 
 

Random encounter 
No prep for either of them

Incapacitation, KO or death 
So, who wins and why? 
 
(( What do I think? I think they both match up equally in magic, but I think Doctor Doom would outsmart Dr. Fate and win in the end. ))

#2 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins. 

#3 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this is a damn tough cookie and its possible that dooms needs some luck for this.

#4 Posted by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral:
Doom is a master of magic. I do not underestimate Fate. I know how powerful he is, but in no way should you ever underestimate Doom.
#5 Posted by Manchine (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Doom is one of the top Magic Masters in Marvel Universe.  Dr. Fate probable would beat him if it was magic vs magic but the tech gives him the UBER edge.  Doom wins easily!
#6 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

I concur to that statement, but doom will definately need his gear to win this. 
 
Though i recall doom not being able to be manipulated through time because his gear was tied to something...  (I'll go find more info on that)
 
dr. Fate sees possibilities of the future, but cannot say 100% which one will be the occurance in that case. it's a 50 / 50 here since he might do the directions for an alternate future and playing into dooms hands believing it's the right thing to do... or it was the right thing and doom loses.

#7 Posted by MrDirector786 (43584 posts) - - Show Bio

Without prep, Doctor Fate wins

#8 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordofthebrocean: Doom is not on Fate's level. If Doom is a master of magic, than Fate must be the emperor. His highest showing would be as the Marquis' assistant, and Marvel seems to not remember that time-span. 
#9 Posted by Harlekin (681 posts) - - Show Bio

If its just Magic, Fate wins. With no prep and anything goes Fate wins. If both had prep time Doom wins

#10 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @lordofthebrocean: Doom is not on Fate's level. If Doom is a master of magic, than Fate must be the emperor. His highest showing would be as the Marquis' assistant, and Marvel seems to not remember that time-span.  "
well the succeder of the marquis' i correct.
#11 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" Without prep, Doctor Fate wins "

#12 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

heh, i might take that back, body switching on eye contact ftw.

#13 Edited by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio

See... the thing is... Doom has more than magic. He has other powers as well. He's not solely a sorcerer. And how would Doom win with prep? What exactly is he preparing for? A mystical sorcerer? One of the most powerful in the universe? How would he prep for Fate? What would he possibly be able to do? Seriously, this battle can go either way. It's kind of ignorant to make this a one-sided battle for Fate. Also, solely basing this battle on prep time is stupid.

#14 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

If doom knows what he's facing Fate is doomed (word games HURR DURR)

#15 Posted by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart:
The thing is.... how would be prep for a mystical sorcerer with infinite magical ability?
#16 Posted by fatyman (448 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" If doom knows what he's facing Fate is doomed (word games HURR DURR) "
whats he gonna do put on his anti magic underwear?
#17 Posted by Reactor (2563 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is a straight up fight, Fate takes this quite soundly. Doom is one of the Gods of Preparation of the comic world. While he's good in random match, his greatest strength is his battle tactics beforehand.

#18 Posted by Harlekin (681 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordofthebrocean said:
" @Voidheart: The thing is.... how would be prep for a mystical sorcerer with infinite magical ability? "
Doom's the Master of Wikipedia he would wiki up a magical item or device. Then make it so he could take the powers from the helmet or some weird thing.
#19 Posted by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio
@Reactor:
So, Doom can ONLY win if he preps? I find that to be a little....dumb.
#20 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, it could go either way.  Fate has a far greater power than Doom, but he is still inexperienced with its use. Doom could potentially beat him through more experienced control. or Fate could just overpower him and burn him down like he did to Blaze.
 
Classic Fate would murder him though.

#21 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@fatyman said:
" @Voidheart said:
" If doom knows what he's facing Fate is doomed (word games HURR DURR) "
whats he gonna do put on his anti magic underwear? "
go back in time and murder it's host.
#22 Posted by Reactor (2563 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordofthebrocean said:
" @Reactor: So, Doom can ONLY win if he preps? I find that to be a little....dumb. "
Re-read my comment. Is that what I said? (I'm giving you an out. I suggest you take it)
#23 Posted by fatyman (448 posts) - - Show Bio

thing is neither know who the other is Doom is the master of prep no doubt but I think calling the fight do to prep time is just silly the fight can go either way Dooms lack of magic vs Fate is filled up with his other powers + his smarts and even then he is 2nd to strange in magic. If Doom steals Fates powers becomes #1 sorcerer ftw

#24 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

as i said, 50/50

#25 Posted by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio
@Reactor:
The funny thing is, you said "Fate takes this quite soundly." I have to disagree completely. Please, re-think what you just said, because you implied that the only way Doom would win was if he prepared because he is one of the Masters of Preparation in the Marvel Universe.
#26 Posted by Reactor (2563 posts) - - Show Bio
@lordofthebrocean said:
" @Reactor: The funny thing is, you said "Fate takes this quite soundly." I have to disagree completely. Please, re-think what you just said, because you implied that the only way Doom would win was if he prepared because he is one of the Masters of Preparation in the Marvel Universe. "
When did I imply that Doom could only win if he had prep? You must have missed where I said "If this is a straight-up fight" (straight-up meaning "in an honest fight"). Magic vs. magic, Fate would defeat Doom, no question imo. If you disagree, then we'll have to agree to disagree. There are other factors, like technology, environment, persona (willingness to kill or not to kill), etc. However, I didn't get into that - I never once said Doom couldn't win without prep.
#27 Posted by pooty (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Fate wins. Tech would only matter if they both neutralized all magic. then doom could win

#28 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio

Fate wins with Magic! Doom wins with everything else! In this thread Fate wins because of his magic being far above Dooms.
#29 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio

Fate snaps his finger turning Doom into a cookie, seriously Doom is not equal to Fate in magic or even close, he's mediocre with magic, the only thing I've ever seen him do is mix magic and technology together
 
Without his toys or prep time this is a slaughter in Fate's favor

#30 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade said:
"Fate snaps his finger turning Doom into a cookie, seriously Doom is not equal to Fate in magic or even close, he's mediocre with magic, the only thing I've ever seen him do is mix magic and technology together  Without his toys or prep time this is a slaughter in Fate's favor "

I agree
#31 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish?

#32 Edited by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Fate in a curbstomp.
#33 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish? "

seeing/knowing someone's fate just by looking at them.
#34 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

now what if fate sees doom winning?

#35 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

it could go either way depending what tech doom currently has during that random encounter

#36 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
"now what if fate sees doom winning?"

He doesn't. Cause Doom can't.
#37 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade said:
"Fate snaps his finger turning Doom into a cookie, seriously Doom is not equal to Fate in magic or even close, he's mediocre with magic, the only thing I've ever seen him do is mix magic and technology together  Without his toys or prep time this is a slaughter in Fate's favor "
#38 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish? "
seeing/knowing someone's fate just by looking at them. "
That doesn't mean Dooms mediocre at magic. He's trained under the best wizards the Marvel Universe has to offer. Le Fay, Strange, Caligostro, Etc. etc. The man has killed watchers when he trained with Clyde Wyncham, supposedly while increasing his magical skill. He's literally perfected magic to the point where he can keep a hell lord level being (nightmare) from entering his realm and having his magics effect Latveria. This, while Nightmares magics were effecting the entirety of Marvel Earth. Hell, the man can reverse the effects of the penance stare. Mystically, you're lowballing Doom.
#39 Posted by Lunacyde (19319 posts) - - Show Bio

Doom puts up a valiant fight, but Fate wins.

#40 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish? "
I assumed this was the strongest incarnations of both characters. By the most recent incarnations, Doom would win. 
#41 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish? "
seeing/knowing someone's fate just by looking at them. "
That doesn't mean Dooms mediocre at magic. He's trained under the best wizards the Marvel Universe has to offer. Le Fay, Strange, Caligostro, Etc. etc. The man has killed watchers when he trained with Clyde Wyncham, supposedly while increasing his magical skill. He's literally perfected magic to the point where he can keep a hell lord level being (nightmare) from entering his realm and having his magics effect Latveria. This, while Nightmares magics were effecting the entirety of Marvel Earth. Hell, the man can reverse the effects of the penance stare. Mystically, you're lowballing Doom. "

Yes it does, and yes he is. And no he is not, he is being honest.
#42 Posted by BattleMage (1128 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. doom hands down.

#43 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish? "
I assumed this was the strongest incarnations of both characters. By the most recent incarnations, Doom would win.  "

I assume you are joking because there is no way, in Zues's butt hole that DOOM is better with Magic than Dr. Fate is, the only way he could possibly win this is if he had a plan in place for Dr. Strange and used it against Fate and it atcually worked which it shouldn't, so really the only way DOOM wins is through PISS.
#44 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Undergroundgod said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish? "
I assumed this was the strongest incarnations of both characters. By the most recent incarnations, Doom would win.  "
I assume you are joking because there is no way, in Zues's butt hole that DOOM is better with Magic than Dr. Fate is, the only way he could possibly win this is if he had a plan in place for Dr. Strange and used it against Fate and it atcually worked which it shouldn't, so really the only way DOOM wins is through PISS. "
Kent Nelson is not nearly as good as most of his predecessors. 
#45 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
"Kent Nelson is not nearly as good as most of his predecessors.  "
Thank you. My original point still stands. Kent has all the power of Fate, far outstripping Doom, but has not yet learned to fully tap into it. He has a 50-50 chance of winning, that depending on whether he can focus enough of it to destroy Doom or not.
#46 Edited by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:

" @Lance Uppercut said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish? "
I assumed this was the strongest incarnations of both characters. By the most recent incarnations, Doom would win.  "
The strongest incarnation of Doom would still be the Watcher killer. 
 
Edit: Or the brief time when he had Galactus' power or the Beyonders abilities
#47 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @Undergroundgod said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Your initial premise (that Doom is equal to Fate in magic) is wrong, and Fate wins.  "
What mystical feats does Fate have that Doom could not accomplish? "
I assumed this was the strongest incarnations of both characters. By the most recent incarnations, Doom would win.  "
I assume you are joking because there is no way, in Zues's butt hole that DOOM is better with Magic than Dr. Fate is, the only way he could possibly win this is if he had a plan in place for Dr. Strange and used it against Fate and it atcually worked which it shouldn't, so really the only way DOOM wins is through PISS. "
Kent Nelson is not nearly as good as most of his predecessors.  "
True, only I don't think it will matter all that much. Doom would win this with prep, only he has none in this thread so I don't see him B.S. his way out of this loss. Kent Nelson is still good enough to win this in a random encounter with DOOM.
#48 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" @Voidheart said:
"now what if fate sees doom winning?"
He doesn't. Cause Doom can't. "
thats for fate to deside, not dr. fate.
#49 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @Voidheart said:
"now what if fate sees doom winning?"
He doesn't. Cause Doom can't. "
thats for fate to deside, not dr. fate. "
i apprpove this ^
#50 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @Voidheart said:
"now what if fate sees doom winning?"
He doesn't. Cause Doom can't. "
thats for fate to deside, not dr. fate. "

Well you can't argue with that if FATE wants DOOM to win he will! LOL