• 78 results
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nobody134:

it's not a telepathic attack it's different lobo is immune to telepathy but is very vulnerable to hypnosis that tells you they are very different.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134: it wouldn't. Despero stomps. As I said before :D

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doom could BFR him

but otherwise yeah he dies.

@nobody134:

it's not a telepathic attack it's different lobo is immune to telepathy but is very vulnerable to hypnosis that tells you they are very different.

SIGH

hypnosis is a form of mental attack, and despero can block those.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would Despero stomp? What durability feats does he have to say he can tank a Doom magic assault. Or anti-matter? Or countless other Doom tech?

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134:

show me a scan of him resisting a non telepathic hypnosis attack.

like purple man was able to manipulate x-man puppet master has manipulated powerful telepaths before as well.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134:

show me a scan of him resisting a non telepathic hypnosis attack.

like purple man was able to manipulate x-man puppet master has manipulated powerful telepaths before as well.

He can block mental attacks in general.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random encounter, I'd lean towards Despero, but would never count out Doom or be surprised if he pulled off a win.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134:

well than show him resisting hypnosis I if he can than and your show sure of it you must have a scan on hand.

ForeverEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOLY @%&$%& how is this even debatable? Rhetorical. ITS NOT.

DESPERO STOMPS

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By green_skaar

DESPERO STOMPS

Doom has lived through attacks by IG Thanos and PRC-Beyonder, two beings that would murder-stomb Despero w/o blinking. It's very debatable.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NoBody134

@comic_book_fan said:

@nobody134:

well than show him resisting hypnosis I if he can than and your show sure of it you must have a scan on hand.

he can negate mental assult with his hypno bolts, he blocked MM and aquaman and even managed to hit the flash.

there isn't much of a difference between hypnosis and tp, they are both classified as mind rape, you are grasping at straws dude.

DESPERO STOMPS

doom can BFR him

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without prep dr doom gets despairingly stomped!!!!!!!!!

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DarkRaiden

DESPERO STOMPS

Actually Doom stomps. Despero has nothing to hurt Doom while Doom has many ways to easily take out Despero.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134:

no they are completely different powers telepathy is the power to read minds now the more powerful telepaths can control minds this way but there are telepaths that can't even control minds at all. hypnosis is the ability to control mind they are both mental suggestion but they work in entirely different ways.

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By NoBody134

@nobody134:

no they are completely different powers telepathy is the power to read minds now the more powerful telepaths can control minds this way but there are telepaths that can't even control minds at all. hypnosis is the ability to control mind they are both mental suggestion but they work in entirely different ways.

I would have to disagree with you, Telepathic Offense works the same way as hypnosis, they are both forms of mind rape and despero can block them.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134:

then show me him blocking a mystical hypnotic gaze.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

@foreverevil said:

DESPERO STOMPS

Actually Doom stomps. Despero has nothing to hurt Doom while Doom has many ways to easily take out Despero.

Nothing to hurt Doom? Sentry has removed Victor's mask before. Superman is on Sentry's level if not higher. Despero is stronger than Superman. Do the math. Not to mention his speed, body possesion, etc.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@foreverevil said:

DESPERO STOMPS

Nothing to hurt Doom? Sentry has removed Victor's mask before. Superman is on Sentry's level if not higher. Despero is stronger than Superman. Do the math. Not to mention his speed, body possesion, etc.

Yes ignore that the infinity gauntlet has failed to get past Doom's shields as have The Beyonder, as has Sentry himself, Thor, Surfer, Galactus, and more. Focus on the low showing and ignore that Sentry ranges from Superman level to Molecule Man, Asgard busting entity level.

Again, I repeat. Despero has nothing to get past his forcefields or armor that has blocked Mjolnir, and the attacks above.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomlikesfries:

he is not as fast as supes hell doom puts a holding spell he can't move unless he is immune to magic or Doom turns him to stone strength gone and telepathy never worked on doom what does despero do now.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By DeathandGrim

DR Doom immune to telepathy has magic and despero would underestimate him.

what about physically crushing him?

NoBody134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nobody134:

then show me him blocking a mystical hypnotic gaze.

Mystical hypnotic gaze? what do you mean by that?

as i already told you, doom can BFR via time cube or TP to limbo.

otherwise, he cant put despero down, i mean, if despero had sups strengh level then maybe doom could pull something off.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I stand corrected. I completely ignored many of Doom's good showings, such as the blow from the IG, which he resisted. Still, there must be some way of Despero putting him down, just like the F4 always do. TP or mind control wouldn't work because of the resistance that the suit gives him. Going physically is the way to go. And how would Doom defeat Despero anyway? Yes, I know that his force fields have held against incredible forces, but that wouldn't help him damage his adversary. I'm aware of Victor's magic, but Despero has shown great speed and invunerability before.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: I stand corrected. I completely ignored many of Doom's good showings, such as the blow from the IG, which he resisted. Still, there must be some way of Despero putting him down, just like the F4 always do. TP or mind control wouldn't work because of the resistance that the suit gives him. Going physically is the way to go. And how would Doom defeat Despero anyway? Yes, I know that his force fields have held against incredible forces, but that wouldn't help him damage his adversary. I'm aware of Victor's magic, but Despero has shown great speed and invunerability before.

Fantastic 4 always (well they actually win by plot/PIS but w/e) trick him in some way I'd say, making him beat himself with his stubbornness or they do w/e it is Reed does (Deus Ex Machina) when he beats people like Galactus and Marquis the Death.

What can Doom do to Despero? I'm not sure since no one really gave me definite Durability feats. How does Despero compare with Thor, Surfer, Sentry, Warlock, Hulk? Or against Anti-matter? Cause he's taken them down before and has an anti-matter gun he used on Mephisto before.

That's Iron man, Adam Warlock, a weakened Surfer, Sentry, Blastaar, and a brief thing with Hulk

Vs. Hulk (first one is Cosmic Hulk robot) and Thor

And then his highest showing of raw power, taking out Molecule man, beating the Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Voodoo head up in a magic fight, killing a Watcher, and killing Marquis the Death. Why doesn't he use these powers more? I don't know.

And finally, his tech he could use.

Includes time stopping, time displacement, freeze grenades, sleeping gas, inhibitor rays, anti-matter guns, and more.

I don't know Despero well, but I have to assume Doom can do SOMETHING. If not, then it'd have to be BFR.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomlikesfries said:

Fantastic 4 always (well they actually win by plot/PIS but w/e) trick him in some way I'd say, making him beat himself with his stubbornness or they do w/e it is Reed does (Deus Ex Machina) when he beats people like Galactus and Marquis the Death.

What can Doom do to Despero? I'm not sure since no one really gave me definite Durability feats. How does Despero compare with Thor, Surfer, Sentry, Warlock, Hulk? Or against Anti-matter? Cause he's taken them down before and has an anti-matter gun he used on Mephisto before.

That's Iron man, Adam Warlock, a weakened Surfer, Sentry, Blastaar, and a brief thing with Hulk

Vs. Hulk (first one is Cosmic Hulk robot) and Thor

And then his highest showing of raw power, taking out Molecule man, beating the Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Voodoo head up in a magic fight, killing a Watcher, and killing Marquis the Death. Why doesn't he use these powers more? I don't know.

And finally, his tech he could use.

Includes time stopping, time displacement, freeze grenades, sleeping gas, inhibitor rays, anti-matter guns, and more.

I don't know Despero well, but I have to assume Doom can do SOMETHING. If not, then it'd have to be BFR.

Forgive me for the lack of scans, but I'll try to make as many references as I can as to which issue each feat happened in. By the way, kudos to you man for making me really understand of Doom's power. He is extremely underrated in this site, and was by me as well until you changed my point of view.

To begin with, Despero has beaten the living crap out of MM, one of the most powerful members of the JLA. Not only did he do that, but after that, he used his mind control on one of the strongest telepaths of DC to defeat the rest of the League (all in Morrison's JLA, by the end of it if I remember correctly). By the way, it's worth mentioning that he beat J'onn physically. Not gonna come with my "math" crap again about that Sentry feat, but pulling the mask out and have it hit are two different things. Victor's suit is not indestructible, not even to physical blows. It's made of titanium. FYI, Sentry has bended adamantium before, which is much harder. If he can do it, the guy who beat Superman, Power Girl, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, etc. alone can do it too.

And if he possessed MM, who also supposedly has TP resistance, why couldn't he do it with Doom? I guess Despero could also avoid his magic. He has flown from the moon to Earth in mere seconds and speedblitzed Supergirl. He could quickly grab Victor and throw him to China. And lastly, as for the invulnerabilty feats you asked for, I'm afraid I haven't seen anything spectacular up to date, except for the fact that he tanks full-powered blows from Superman like they're nothing.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DarkRaiden

@tomlikesfries: Doom's infallible to TP, has the best resistance and highest willpower in marvel Universe, so no TP. Also Sentry has hit Doom before and his armor wasn't destroyed. It' definitely not just Titanium. At least it doesn't act like it. Storm's lightning has left it unaffected, as has Sentry's hits (before the new grabbing mask thing which I maintain is PIS), Cyclops blasts left it unaffected (which is blunt or "punch" damage), so it's not just any old armor.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By tomlikesfries

@tomlikesfries: Doom's infallible to TP, has the best resistance and highest willpower in marvel Universe, so no TP. Also Sentry has hit Doom before and his armor wasn't destroyed. It' definitely not just Titanium. At least it doesn't act like it. Storm's lightning has left it unaffected, as has Sentry's hits (before the new grabbing mask thing which I maintain is PIS), Cyclops blasts left it unaffected (which is blunt or "punch" damage), so it's not just any old armor.

Fair enough, no TP then. However, his armor is always described in comics (and even here on Comic Vine) as made of titanium. So Despero should potentially be able to break through it. And about Storm's Lightning and Scott's blasts, I'd say that his armor probably has some kind of absorber. Still, those aren't really impressive compared to what Despero could do.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomlikesfries:

all of desopero's best feats are from abc logic his telepathy he has never shown great range or versatility but he beat the Martian who has so lets assume he is the most powerful telepath ever.

he has never shook the planet level a mountain or shown any high end lifting feat but he beat a whole team that has so lets assume that he is stronger and ignore the fact that superman has nearly destroyed the planet while fighting an equal while holding back but yet despero beat 5 superman level beings with ease and didn't so much as tare up some grass in the surround area and they were all going all out anyone else see a problem with this.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomlikesfries:

all of desopero's best feats are from abc logic his telepathy he has never shown great range or versatility but he beat the Martian who has so lets assume he is the most powerful telepath ever.

he has never shook the planet level a mountain or shown any high end lifting feat but he beat a whole team that has so lets assume that he is stronger and ignore the fact that superman has nearly destroyed the planet while fighting an equal while holding back but yet despero beat 5 superman level beings with ease and didn't so much as tare up some grass in the surround area and they were all going all out anyone else see a problem with this.

What do you mean "has no high end lifting feat"? Despero held the rock of eternity. And lifting heavy things doesn't demonstrate power or skills in a fight. If Despero tanks blows from Superman with no problem and a hit from him sends Kal flying, then we assume that he is logically stronger. And I never said that he's the most powerful telepath because he kicked MM's ass. I said that his TP is powerful enough to manipulate J'onn, who is resistant to telepathy. It's not ABC logic. It's fact. If he beats half the League alone, what else do you need to prove that he is really powerful?