Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Erik
@TheJuggernautpunch said:
" How durable is Circe ? "
I am sure her durability is not that impressive as there is plenty of issues of her getting hit or stabbed or whatever. She never seems to die though. I imagine she has quite a powerful regeneration ability through magic. 
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Strafe Prower
@erik: She can be stabbed and such just like Wonder Woman can. Doesn't mean her durability isn't great. She has tanked powerful hits from Wonder Woman level opponents several times. IIRC.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Circe wins. Doom is incredibly smart doesn't mean he beats a 3,000 year old witch. Unless he has Molly.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Erik
@Strafe Prower said:
" @erik: She can be stabbed and such just like Wonder Woman can. Doesn't mean her durability isn't great. She has tanked powerful hits from Wonder Woman level opponents several times. IIRC. "
There has not been anything that leads me to believe that is anything except magic. Batman as hurt her. 
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrRagePants
@Evil Incarnate said:
" Circe wins. Doom is incredibly smart doesn't mean he beats a 3,000 year old witch. Unless he has Molly. "
I don't know much about Circe, but I believe she's an EXTREMELY powerful  sorceress, but not like Fate, therefore, if I compare her to Marvel, not like Strange.

• Doom's intelligence trumped Beyonder prior to Marvel realizing what a BS that plot was. Omnipotent being > 3,000 yr old witch.
  • Doom battled Mephisto to save his mother's soul -which he never won until GR, Reed and others helped. If Doom can withstand Mephisto's magic and/or power, I think he can do so against Circe.
  • Doom might be short on magic against Circe, but I believe his technology can make up for it.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
@MrRagePants said:
" @Evil Incarnate said:
" Circe wins. Doom is incredibly smart doesn't mean he beats a 3,000 year old witch. Unless he has Molly. "
I don't know much about Circe, but I believe she's an EXTREMELY powerful  sorceress, but not like Fate, therefore, if I compare her to Marvel, not like Strange.

• Doom's intelligence trumped Beyonder prior to Marvel realizing what a BS that plot was. Omnipotent being > 3,000 yr old witch.
  • Doom battled Mephisto to save his mother's soul -which he never won until GR, Reed and others helped. If Doom can withstand Mephisto's magic and/or power, I think he can do so against Circe.
  • Doom might be short on magic against Circe, but I believe his technology can make up for it.
"
And Doom had how much prep for these battles? As the OP stated this is a random encounter.
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrRagePants
@Evil Incarnate said:

"And Doom had how much prep for these battles? As the OP stated this is a random encounter. "

Beyonder series was random, heroes and villains alike was plucked out of nowhere.

EDIT: Also, per OP, 20 feet apart isn't too far, which I believe would be in favor of Doom. Blast to the face!
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strafe Prower
@erik said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @erik: She can be stabbed and such just like Wonder Woman can. Doesn't mean her durability isn't great. She has tanked powerful hits from Wonder Woman level opponents several times. IIRC. "
There has not been anything that leads me to believe that is anything except magic. Batman as hurt her.  "
True, but Batman also has a lot of BS behind fights against people superior to him in power.
HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HumanNumber

Circe's page says that she can manipulate reality, does anybody know to what extent?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strafe Prower

Circe taking punches from WW and still going (Despite losing the fight) 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

She takes hits from Wonder Woman several times and seems fine for the most part.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
@MrRagePants said:
" @Evil Incarnate said:

"And Doom had how much prep for these battles? As the OP stated this is a random encounter. "

Beyonder series was random, heroes and villains alike was plucked out of nowhere.  EDIT: Also, per OP, 20 feet apart isn't too far, which I believe would be in favor of Doom. Blast to the face! "
She'd just block the blast. Seriously I know Doom is a formidable opponent in some cases but, the wanking of him has to stop. He's not as much of a top notch magic user as she is.
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrRagePants
@Evil Incarnate: I wasn't implying that Doom will beat Circe with pure magic, he'd lose. His technology will make up for the lack of sorcery at his disposal. Though I know Circe can take shots from WW. Doom has taken shots from power houses too. My vote is still on Doom, his intelligence - which includes analyzing Circe and developing a solution to beat her - will trump her Magic.
Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy

Circe kicks Dooms ass!
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing impressive. Doom beats her. To the death.

MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrRagePants
" Nothing impressive. Doom beats her. To the death. "
Taking shots from WW isn't impressive? Is taking shots from Juggernaut impressive?
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lance Bastro

technically doom is older than circe if you count his current self.  he's a billion years old post marquis.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strafe Prower

Circe wins. Doom's strength lies in preparation for a battle, while Circe's is in fast thinking in a battle, which will give her the win IMO.

Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lance Bastro

i think without prep, doom would still win. prep time for doom means ultimate victory. (its just too bad he's a villain and looses to pis in the long run) 

he's the 2nd smartest man in the earth rivaling reed and he's the 2nd most power magician in the world, rivaling strange. 

now he's even more upgraded even surpassing the raw power of the marquis. 

so this guy has techincal power, super natural power AND magical powers!

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Lance Bastro: While Doom is smart and powerful in magic, saying he is the 2nd in those categories may not translate well when moving to a different company. 

True, but that gives him what in feats? 

While that may be true, just because he has powers, doesn't mean his are more powerful than Circe's.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
@MrRagePants said:

" @Evil Incarnate: I wasn't implying that Doom will beat Circe with pure magic, he'd lose. His technology will make up for the lack of sorcery at his disposal. Though I know Circe can take shots from WW. Doom has taken shots from power houses too. My vote is still on Doom, his intelligence - which includes analyzing Circe and developing a solution to beat her - will trump her Magic. "

That's if this is a long drawn out battle. I see her just turning him into aa animal like every other man she comes into contact with.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Strafe Prower said:
" @Lance Bastro: While Doom is smart and powerful in magic, saying he is the 2nd in those categories may not translate well when moving to a different company.  True, but that gives him what in feats?  While that may be true, just because he has powers, doesn't mean his are more powerful than Circe's. "
sure, and that is reasonable. but these are the varieties that make him more "deadlier" as an opponent rather than being more powerful. see, doom can siphon powers on top of what he has just stored for him. so sure if he's cut off from marvel deities to draw some power because he's in the DC universe might make him more subjected to disadvantages, but his cunning and wisdom should still not be underestimated by circe.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Lance Bastro: I don't think he is more deadlier by any means.I'm not saying they will be in the DC universe. I'm just saying in comparison to the DC universe, he may not be so powerful. Circe doesn't usually underestimate her opponents. She usually uses their ego and confidence to her advantage.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
@Lance Bastro said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @Lance Bastro: While Doom is smart and powerful in magic, saying he is the 2nd in those categories may not translate well when moving to a different company.  True, but that gives him what in feats?  While that may be true, just because he has powers, doesn't mean his are more powerful than Circe's. "
sure, and that is reasonable. but these are the varieties that make him more "deadlier" as an opponent rather than being more powerful. see, doom can siphon powers on top of what he has just stored for him. so sure if he's cut off from marvel deities to draw some power because he's in the DC universe might make him more subjected to disadvantages, but his cunning and wisdom should still not be underestimated by circe. "

Circe has siphoned others powers as well. They're both cunning plot players.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Strafe Prower said:

" @Lance Bastro: I don't think he is more deadlier by any means.I'm not saying they will be in the DC universe. I'm just saying in comparison to the DC universe, he may not be so powerful. Circe doesn't usually underestimate her opponents. She usually uses their ego and confidence to her advantage. "

compared? 
doom has fought against teams of gods before. and he's fought comsics just the same. he could be as powerful as mephisto or doramarru. he killed a watcher and the marquis without any prep. no gadgets, but with his raw power alone. i'm not saying circe looses indefinitely. i'm saying she could win if she plays her cards right. and that applies to doom too.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Lance Bastro said:
" @Strafe Prower said:

" @Lance Bastro: I don't think he is more deadlier by any means.I'm not saying they will be in the DC universe. I'm just saying in comparison to the DC universe, he may not be so powerful. Circe doesn't usually underestimate her opponents. She usually uses their ego and confidence to her advantage. "

compared? doom has fought against teams of gods before. and he's fought comsics just the same. he could be as powerful as mephisto or doramarru. he killed a watcher and the marquis without any prep. no gadgets, but with his raw power alone. i'm not saying circe looses indefinitely. i'm saying she could win if she plays her cards right. and that applies to doom too. "
While that is impressive no doubt, Circe has defeated/outsmarted a pantheon of gods. She has her equal share of high end feats. I just haven't seen enough in combat from Doom to warrant a win here.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theiconic

kneel before doom

TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrRagePants said:
" @TheJuggernautpunch said:
Taking shots from WW isn't impressive? Is taking shots from Juggernaut impressive? "
And what has Juggernaut to do with this ?
Yes, taking shots from WW isn't impressive.
lastdrag0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By lastdrag0n89

Inevitable Doom for Circe.

MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MrRagePants
" @MrRagePants said:
" @TheJuggernautpunch said:
Taking shots from WW isn't impressive? Is taking shots from Juggernaut impressive? "
And what has Juggernaut to do with this ? Yes, taking shots from WW isn't impressive. "
This time in a different thread, you proved that you cannot answer a yes or no question. How is taking shots from WW not impressive? And is taking shots from Juggernaut impressive?
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrRagePants: Juggernaut has nothing to do with this thread. Notice that it is you, who brought him up here. Troll elsewhere.
And since when taking hits from WW is impressive ?
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrRagePants

" @MrRagePants: Juggernaut has nothing to do with this thread. Notice that it is you, who brought him up here. Troll elsewhere. And since when talking hits from WW is impressive ? "

Since she is...
  • one of the first super heroines
  • one of the few who pulled Earth
  • she can go toe-to-toe with the likes of Superman
  • she can beat 90% of men in H2H combat

Now my turn. How is it not impressive?
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrRagePants:   
1) Doesn't prove anything
2) Has nothing to do with punching strength
3) Not impressive, a lot of went toe-to-toe with Superman
4) Not impressive

Verdict : Not impressive.
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrRagePants
@TheJuggernautpunch:  Then give me a category of what is impressive?
MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MrRagePants
@TheJuggernautpunch:  
I answered your questions out of courtesy. I'm still waiting for your answers to my questions.
  1. Is Juggernaut's punches impressive?
  2. In your own words (don't use mine). How is WW's punches not impressive?
  3. Give me a list of categories that make punches impressive.

@Evil Incarnate said:
"That's if this is a long drawn out battle. I see her just turning him into aa animal like every other man she comes into contact with. "
Why didn't she turn WW into an animal? Does her magic only works against men? Doom isn't your ordinary man.

@Strafe Prower said:
"Circe doesn't usually underestimate her opponents. She usually uses their ego and confidence to her advantage. "
This is why Circe can win.

@Evil Incarnate said:
"Circe has siphoned others powers as well. They're both cunning plot players. "
Doom siphoned Beyonder's powers, an omnipotent being. Circe's siphoning skills cannot compare.

@Strafe Prower said:
"I just haven't seen enough in combat from Doom to warrant a win here. "
You haven't read enough doesn't mean Doom will not win. Because in that case, I haven't read enough Circe, she will not win.

Doom rules a nation considering he isn't even one of the powerful beings on earth. He rules because he is intelligent, manipulative, cunning and has an arsenal of technology and sorcery at his disposal. His quick thinking can turn battles to his favor. All Circe has going for her are her Magic.

Doom wins.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Erik
@Strafe Prower said:
" @erik said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
There has not been anything that leads me to believe that is anything except magic. Batman as hurt her.  "
True, but Batman also has a lot of BS behind fights against people superior to him in power. "
That may be true but to be able to hurt Circe without any additional help other than turning off her magic for an hour says much about her normal durability.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strafe Prower
@erik said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @erik said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
True, but Batman also has a lot of BS behind fights against people superior to him in power. "
That may be true but to be able to hurt Circe without any additional help other than turning off her magic for an hour says much about her normal durability. "
1 instance versus the multiple times she has gone physically with Wonder Woman and been okay makes me think that Batman hurting her is questionable. She didn't use her magic for her durability in the scans I showed you either. 
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lance Bastro
@MrRagePants said:
" @TheJuggernautpunch:  
I answered your questions out of courtesy. I'm still waiting for your answers to my questions.
  1. Is Juggernaut's punches impressive?
  2. In your own words (don't use mine). How is WW's punches not impressive?
  3. Give me a list of categories that make punches impressive.

@Evil Incarnate said:
"That's if this is a long drawn out battle. I see her just turning him into aa animal like every other man she comes into contact with. "
Why didn't she turn WW into an animal? Does her magic only works against men? Doom isn't your ordinary man.

@Strafe Prower said:
"Circe doesn't usually underestimate her opponents. She usually uses their ego and confidence to her advantage. "
This is why Circe can win.

@Evil Incarnate said:
"Circe has siphoned others powers as well. They're both cunning plot players. "
Doom siphoned Beyonder's powers, an omnipotent being. Circe's siphoning skills cannot compare.

@Strafe Prower said:
"I just haven't seen enough in combat from Doom to warrant a win here. "
You haven't read enough doesn't mean Doom will not win. Because in that case, I haven't read enough Circe, she will not win.      Doom rules a nation considering he isn't even one of the powerful beings on earth. He rules because he is intelligent, manipulative, cunning and has an arsenal of technology and sorcery at his disposal. His quick thinking can turn battles to his favor. All Circe has going for her are her Magic.  Doom wins. "
 is the juggernaut smashing through the walls of reality to come on this thread too? lol 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Erik
@Strafe Prower said:
" 1 instance versus the multiple times she has gone physically with Wonder Woman and been okay makes me think that Batman hurting her is questionable. She didn't use her magic for her durability in the scans I showed you either.  "
How do you know she did not? How do you know that she does not always have something up? I have never seen her 'cast' as spell more than a few times ever. Most of the time she just does things with her magic. Circe does not have any super human qualities that I have ever heard of.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Strafe Prower
@erik said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" 1 instance versus the multiple times she has gone physically with Wonder Woman and been okay makes me think that Batman hurting her is questionable. She didn't use her magic for her durability in the scans I showed you either.  "
How do you know she did not? How do you know that she does not always have something up? I have never seen her 'cast' as spell more than a few times ever. Most of the time she just does things with her magic. Circe does not have any super human qualities that I have ever heard of. "
Well unless she states it or it is suggested in the panel, I won't assume she using magic to boost her durability, but you are correct on the fact that she doesn't cast spells like Zatanna.  Just because it isn't outright stated somewhere that Circe has Superhuman durability, doesn't mean she can't have it. Evidence proves that she can take multiple hits from Wonder Woman and keep fighting.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Erik
@Strafe Prower said:
" @erik said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
How do you know she did not? How do you know that she does not always have something up? I have never seen her 'cast' as spell more than a few times ever. Most of the time she just does things with her magic. Circe does not have any super human qualities that I have ever heard of. "
Well unless she states it or it is suggested in the panel, I won't assume she using magic to boost her durability, but you are correct on the fact that she doesn't cast spells like Zatanna.  Just because it isn't outright stated somewhere that Circe has Superhuman durability, doesn't mean she can't have it. Evidence proves that she can take multiple hits from Wonder Woman and keep fighting. "
You make some very good points but having read over her origin again just to be sure, she is a normal human that was granted the immortality of a goddess. 

Just out of curiousity, the times you remember Wonder Woman hitting Circe, that was not when Circe had Diana's powers was it?
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Strafe Prower
@erik: Maybe she cast a spell to enhance her durability forever? I don't know. lol 

Not some of them, I think she has taken hits from Diana, Hercules(DC) and other powerhouses when she wasn't in possession of the amazon powers. With them, she dominated Wonder Woman.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lance Bastro
@Strafe Prower said:
" @erik said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
Well unless she states it or it is suggested in the panel, I won't assume she using magic to boost her durability, but you are correct on the fact that she doesn't cast spells like Zatanna.  Just because it isn't outright stated somewhere that Circe has Superhuman durability, doesn't mean she can't have it. Evidence proves that she can take multiple hits from Wonder Woman and keep fighting. "
magical forcefield?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Erik
@Strafe Prower said:
" @erik: Maybe she cast a spell to enhance her durability forever? I don't know. lol  Not some of them, I think she has taken hits from Diana, Hercules(DC) and other powerhouses when she wasn't in possession of the amazon powers. With them, she dominated Wonder Woman. "
I suppose a permanent spell to enhance her durability is possible. It would explain why Batman was able to knock her out without gadgets.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Lance Bastro said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" @erik said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
magical forcefield? "
That is a possibility, but unless there is visual evidence or  her saying it, I'm not going to assume that.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Strafe Prower
@erik: I will try to do some more research on it and see if I can come up with anything.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Erik
@Strafe Prower: 
The only other possibility is that the immortality extends to a measure of durability. But there lies an inconsistency. If this divine durability can handle Wonder Woman shots, then Batman negating her magic for an hour would have done nothing. The only thing that was negated was her magic, not the bestowed immortaility.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Strafe Prower
@erik: I agree. I certainly don't think that her immortality gives her durability, as a lot of immortal people have been hurt by humans in the DCU. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Erik
@Strafe Prower said:
" @erik: I agree. I certainly don't think that her immortality gives her durability, as a lot of immortal people have been hurt by humans in the DCU.  "
Okay then. I will wait for your results after your research. Funny that this needs to be done as Wonder Woman is one of my favorites. I just do not know her baddies as much as I would like.